PDA

View Full Version : The Official Billy Talent Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Nineteen Seventy Nine
05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello, Billy Talent fans. Billy Talent is releasing a new record out on June 27th. The album will be originally titled: Billy Talent II. The album should be good considering the last album [I thought] was superb and also based on the music already heard: www.myspace.com/billytalent. Feel free to discuss.

jacknife737
05-02-2006, 02:12 PM
the single is good, can't wait until the album drops.

sk8ter-hater
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
I like 'em very much. the single's a great song. I loved their last album in it's entirety. I've never heard of any band opposing the canadian government. Unless I've got my song-meaning skills all fucked up.

Awesomo
05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Red Flag is a great song. Think its way better than the single.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I hope this CD doesn't make this band too popular though. I hate it when bands I like become popular because then you have to call them overrated.

yusuke-lupin
05-06-2006, 07:15 PM
They alredy are really really populer in Canada, if you didn't know, you do now

Nineteen Seventy Nine
05-06-2006, 08:00 PM
I figured they would be quite more popular there than in the U.S. It just seems like the area I'm in is the only place that has heard of them. Would you think the Billy Talent/Canada connection is as big as... let's say the Green Day/United States one?

Edit: Green Day is a little more international... maybe Fall Out Boy or.... Nirvana?

yusuke-lupin
05-06-2006, 09:14 PM
well... i don't think any one in the rock/punk world is as big as greenday right now, but whene there cd was relesed they where like the biggist punk band in canada, then AI blow up and billy talent and greenday where like the most populer bands in Canada, and they won a bunch of canadien awards, if I remember correctly they got best band of the year for 2003 or 2004. Right now there new single is in high rotation. I'm not sure if it will be as big as there last cd but you never know. But ya they where bigger then fall out boy are now. I always assumed that Billy Talent was just as big in the Us guess i was wrong.

Zack
05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
i don't know what it is about billy talent but i reaaly just don't like them, even though i try to listen to them i just dont like there music

0r4ng3
06-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Bump, because I just downloaded the album. I'm only two songs in, and I already like it better than the self-titled.

H1T_That
06-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Bump, because I just downloaded the album. I'm only two songs in, and I already like it better than the self-titled.

from where, i cant find it on any torrent sites :(

The meaning of life
06-20-2006, 03:43 PM
its a good album

H1T_That
06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
i got tickets to see these guys july 6th, but ive just found out its my college leavers prom the same night.

ive hit a deal with my girfriend, i'll miss Billy Talent and go to the prom, and in return we're going to see AFI.

Billy Talent are awesome, but AFI win hands down.

The meaning of life
06-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Surrender is a very doos song on Billy Talent II

jacknife737
06-20-2006, 04:27 PM
from where, i cant find it on any torrent sites :(

www.torrentspy.com

Its a really great album.

0r4ng3
06-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm in the process of uploading it. I'm up to track 12. I'll edit this post when it's done.

Edit:
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=221734

sk8ter-hater
06-21-2006, 12:17 AM
I hope this CD doesn't make this band too popular though. I hate it when bands I like become popular because then you have to call them overrated.
You don't have to call a band overrated. Unless they force you or something.

I'm in the process of uploading it. I'm up to track 12. I'll edit this post when it's done.

Edit:
Very thanks.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-27-2006, 07:01 AM

Edit:

Thanks, I did download this earlier, but I just couldn't listen to it. I'm just about to ride my bike up to the record store and pick it up.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, the record store is about 5 miles away. I rode my bike there with some friends, also stopping at an A&W. When I arrived the record store, a guy walked out with the new Billy Talent CD. When I asked for it, the lady at the counter said she was sold out and we looked all around the store for it. We finally found it after it being behind a Bad Relgion CD. When I started to leave, it started raining. After the next few blocks, it was a torrential downpour the rest of the way home.

Oh, the things I do for Billy Talent. I could have just kept the illegally downloaded music.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I hate triple posts, especially in the same day, however...

I noticed that iTunes has a special "album only" track "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've?)". If someone could upload this song for me, it would be many thanks, because it isn't on the CD.

H1T_That
06-28-2006, 03:44 PM
I hate triple posts, especially in the same day, however...

I noticed that iTunes has a special "album only" track "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've?)". If someone could upload this song for me, it would be many thanks, because it isn't on the CD.

seconded.

lyk 10, lawl.

Harnum
06-29-2006, 08:12 AM
This album will kick major ass. Single was good. Can't wait to buy it. It dropped Monday didn't it?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah, you better go out and buy it now or download it here (http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=221734). It is very impressive.

Fallen Leaves is my favorite song on it. What is everybody else's?

Yatesy
06-29-2006, 09:57 AM
I downloaded it yesterday, not listened to it fully yet but from what I've heard it's pretty impressive.

The_Special_Delivery
06-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah,Fallen Leaves' excellent.My personal favorite though is Pins And Needles and followed by Perfect World.Really good album,just one not-that-good song,I'm impressed since there were a few on the self-titled.

H1T_That
07-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Perfect World and Pins & Needles are my favourites.

n00b
07-09-2006, 06:47 AM
this is the best album i have ever heard, it is my favourite album at the moment, pins and needles and this suffering are my favs.

Yatesy
07-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I remember hearing Red Flag whilst I was out on Friday and I just felt the need to listen to the album, so I listened to it yesterday and I have to say it's very good, my favourite track is probably Red Flag.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-17-2006, 01:09 PM
The more I listen, the more I likey.
--
I also just noticed how close I would be to hating Billy Talent's (Ben Kowalewicz's) voice. The music is just so good, the singing sounds incredible. Even though there are those moments where you wish his screeching wasn't as annoying.

bd007h
07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I've only heard one song (the one in NHL 06) and wasn't impressed

0r4ng3
07-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, same here. Um...I wanted to say something else, but I just forgot. Oh well.

sk8ter-hater
07-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Sympathy should've been the ending track. I don't know, it just sounds like an ending track.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Like said, listening to "Pins and Needles" and then going into "Fallen Leaves" just sounds so perfect.
--
By the way, how many people have picked up Watoosh! when Billy Talent went by Pezz (It is like Manic Subsidal and The Offspring, except Pezz actually recorded an album)? I noticed that early Billy Talent was actually ska! The songs aren't exactly amazing on that album, and would be the first Billy Talent songs that are near-not-good. Then again, it isn't really Billy Talent.

0r4ng3
07-31-2006, 11:19 AM
I've been trying to download that album for ages, but I've never quite found it. I'm gonna try again.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-31-2006, 11:25 AM
I've been trying to download that album for ages, but I've never quite found it. I'm gonna try again.

I can try to upload them for you if you want. I got them from the Billy Talent message boards though and will try to find that link first.

0r4ng3
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, can you do that? Thanks in advance.

sk8ter-hater
07-31-2006, 11:30 AM
I downloaded the album using bitcomet and torrentspy.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, sorry for the wait, I'll start now.

Edit: Found it! Click on downloads. It has majority of the Pezz songs plus extras not on the album.

http://voicesofviolence.cjb.net/

0r4ng3
07-31-2006, 05:33 PM
wma files? I know I can convert them to mp3, but I'm too lazy to right now. I'll download the songs later.

Beach Balls and When I Was A Little Girl were both Pezz songs? I did not know that.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Yeah, sorry about the WMA files (and this bump). "You're It" and "When I Was A Little Girl" are my favorite Pezz tracks.

I was wondering: Is the new album called Billy Talent II or just II ?

0r4ng3
08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I have it under "Billy Talent II". I'm sure that's the right one.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-02-2006, 02:45 PM
That's what the album said when I put in the computer. iTunes says it is Billy Talent II. The website says II. The band members say Billy Talent II. Amazon says II. Oh well.

0r4ng3
08-02-2006, 04:19 PM
If the band members say Billy Talent II, then that's what you should believe. I doubt they'd get the name of their own album wrong.

The website has a slight chance of being wrong, and Amazon is always wrong.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I had to mention how awesome Billy Talent guitarist/producer Ian D'Sa's hair is.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/AlexHornby/iandsahair.jpg

---
Lolz, my new AIM screenname is WallyTalent.

Edit: The picture link broke. I fixed it.

0r4ng3
08-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Ian's hair looks just like the tripod.com logo. It's uncanny.

Sixpence.
08-03-2006, 08:49 AM
The album is great.

I saw them in June in Bochum.
And "Billy Talent II" was on #1 in the German LP Charts. Which kind of surprised me, too. Because most of my friends do not know them.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Ian's hair looks just like the tripod.com logo. It's uncanny.

Meh, stupid google images. I fixed it.
--
I remember reading about Billy Talent's lyrics. I heard "Devil In A Midnight Mass" was about a priest who sexually abused children. If you read the lyrics, it makes a whole lot of sense. Same thing with "Standing in the Rain" being about a prostitute.

One thing Kowalewicz and the band havenít changed is their deft lyrical depiction of personal experiences and keen observations. The blistering opener ďDevil in a Midnight MassĒ shows how Kowalewicz can take an issue and talk about it in a personal way.

ďItís from a story I read about a priest in Boston who had been arrested for child abuse and the church kept moving him from parish to parish,Ē says Kowalewicz. ďThe Supreme Court tried and convicted him of molesting 150 kids over a 30 year span and while he was serving his sentence another inmate broke into his cell and murdered him. I stumble upon these stories, they donít necessarily have to be directly personal but itís things like this that move me. Iím a big advocate for childrenís rights and this song looks at sexual abuse. Itís not against the church or anything, itís more about that individual betrayal between adult and child. I donít have the answers but hopefully if I sing about a certain issue it will get people talking about it.Ē

0r4ng3
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, "Standing in the Rain" was pretty obvious. Is "Pins and Needles" similar to it?

I also just recently noticed that "River Below" is about a crazy guy who builds bombs.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, "Standing in the Rain" was pretty obvious. Is "Pins and Needles" similar to it?

I also just recently noticed that "River Below" is about a crazy guy who builds bombs.

The music video gave "River Below" away. And no, "Pins and Needles" is about a guy who loves this girl, but doesn't know why. She does all these things to him and he just keeps loving her. When he finally dumps her, he regrets it.

Pretty_Fly
08-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I love the new album. I bought a "Billy Talent II" shirt today and i put it on right as soon as i got it! I also get to see them in a week and im hoping to get them to sign my shoe!

0r4ng3
08-03-2006, 09:37 PM
The music video gave "River Below" away.
Actually, I never saw the video for that song until recently. When the first album was popular a few years ago, the only video I remember seeing was "Try Honesty".

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-04-2006, 10:59 AM
In early 2004, the first song I heard from them was "Prisoners of Today" on the radio, but I didn't catch the band who played it. Then I heard "River Below" on the radio, found out it was by Billy Talent, and went out and bought the album. It was just a bonus that "Prisoners of Today" was featured on it.

0r4ng3
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Apparently, the iTunes version came with the cover of "Ever Fallen in Love?" by the Buzzcocks. Does anyone have it? I'm having no luck looking for it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I know (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=845470&postcount=20). It is the only thing that causes me to regret buying the album physically. I'm going to try to buy the "Devil In A Midnight Mass" single and upload it from that if I ever get it.

I was just going to bump this thread. The new "Red Flag" video is coming soon and it looks like it is going to be pretty sweet.

This is still true, and at this moment, I am in love with this album. So I wouldn't be surprised, because I will be listening to this album a lot more in the next year, if I end up buying some rare Spanish signed platinum record of Billy Talent II.

H1T_That
08-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I was just going to bump this thread. The new "Red Flag" video is coming soon and it looks like it is going to be pretty sweet.

I thought it was already out..

0r4ng3
08-23-2006, 01:10 PM
It was supposed to come out August 10.

"Ever Fallen In Love" is gonna be on the Devil in a Midnight Mass single? I can just look for that, instead.

H1T_That
08-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I just checked YouTube, its not there yet either.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-23-2006, 01:23 PM
When I had Billy Talent, I could wait for the new album. I was happy with what I got. Billy Talent II came three years afterwards but it didn't seem that long. If Billy Talent III (hoping the name will carry on) came out 10 years from now, I'd just be listening to II thinking "Already?"

Talk about a sophomore slump.

Amiralanal
08-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello, Billy Talent fans. Billy Talent is releasing a new record out on June 27th. The album will be originally titled: Billy Talent II. The album should be good considering the last album [I thought] was superb and also based on the music already heard: www.myspace.com/billytalent. Feel free to discuss.

hey billy talent fans, GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!

0r4ng3
08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
We will, if it's in the name of Billy Talent.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Haha
--
Has anyone seen the Billy Talent II artwork? It is actually pretty good. It is by a guy named Henry Fong. For everyone who doesn't have the album: here (http://www.henryfong.ca/index.php/index.php/galler/album-3/30).

Some of the art doesn't make sense to me. And in the "Sympathy" one, look at it upsidedown and you see the devil instead.

Mr. Orange
08-23-2006, 07:00 PM
The artwork is fucking awesome. *Saves them all*

I'm not really a huge fan of Billy Talent, but they have some pretty good songs. I love Red Flag

sk8ter-hater
08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
The whole worker bee thing is taken too literally.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-27-2006, 06:42 PM
I decided to review my favorite album of all-time song by song. Overall, I'd rate it a 1979/100. This is just my opinion on how I like the songs, if you disagree, that's okay. I'd also like to know how the general public likes each song.

1) "Devil In A Midnight Mass" 96/100

A fast, nice start for the greatest album ever made. Once you hear Ben Kowalewicz's scream, you won't turn your CD player off until "Burn The Evidence" ends. The song is about a priest who sexually abused children... sweet! It also has one of the best outros out there with the "whisper, whisper" thing that can send a good shiver down your spine.

2) "Red Flag" 95/100

Probably the most popular song off the album, "Red Flag" is a very good addition. With an ultra catchy chorus, this track will not dissapoint. The only problem that song could have is that the rest of the songs off Billy Talent II are more complex, if that's the proper word. Still, that isn't going to hold "Red Flag" back from being one of the powerhouses of II even with all of your friends repeating this anthem.

3) "This Suffering" 98/100

"This Suffering" is one of my favorite tracks (along with 1,2, and 4-13). This proves that Billy Talent's back-up vocals from guitarist Ian D'Sa and bassist Jon Gallant can really do something to a song. The whole album actually makes good use of it. Another thing you'll notice is that this is one of Ben Kowalewicz's first attempts to stop being the "screaming dude" and actually start singing. This song isn't too fast or too slow, but has a perfect tempo to listen at any occasion.

4) "Worker Bees" 94/100

The chants of "March on, worker bees!" are one of the first things you hear besides Jon Gallant's bass. There were some things that stood out about this song, but when I was about to list them, I realized was naming every part of "Worker Bees". This one was hard to review, and much easier to sum up with a listen of the actual music.

5) "Pins And Needles" 100/100

Yes! As if I couldn't get any happier (I really couldn't), Billy Talent rewarded me with the fifth track, "Pins and Needles". This song seems very solemn. It is one of those "buzz ballads", except actually perfect. I love it; It is right after that "How did I ever let you go?", hearing "I'm walking on Pins and Needles", which sends some kind of wave through my body that I am so obsessed with. Ben Kowalewicz hits that relaxed harmonic singing that he was aiming for here in this amazing three minutes and eleven seconds of heaven.

6) "Fallen Leaves" 100/100

Yes (again)! "Fallen Leaves" is the "This Is How It Goes" of Billy Talent II (that song is my favorite from their self-titled debut). This is headbanging, alive, crazy, loud, fast music right here. It is about the troubles of drugs. There are so many moments of this song that I love including the little lead-in to the chorus ("I swear to God this..." etc.) and "I left my best friends, or did they just leave me?". Billy Talent at some of its finest right here.

7) "Where Is The Line" 94/100

What do you get when you cross a Canadian rock group and urban hipsters? If you answered "Where Is The Line", you would be correct. The chorus isn't the best thing Billy Talent brought to the table before but the music during their versus is just plain awesome. The whole song I catch myself "boppin'" my head up and down and tapping my foot constantly thoroughout the song. A delightful track that I enjoy to listen to.

8) "Covered In Cowardice" 95/100

If there is one thing I was allowed to mention in the review of this track, it would be the sound of the riffs of the guitars. "Covered In Cowardice" contains some of the famous Kowalewicz yells and the new Kowalewicz singing. The meaning of the song involves people who don't stand by their convictions. I don't have too much to say about this song except listen to it. Now.

9) "Surrender" 99/100

The prime example of how Billy Talent II differs from Billy Talent is "Surrender". This song is just so magnificent. I managed to memorize every single lyric in this song. Sure, it is on the slow side, but that is what this album needed. Boy, I love Billy Talent. If I ever got the chance to make love to Billy Talent, it would be to this song.

10) "The Navy Song" 95/100

"The Navy Song" or as some call it, "In The Fall", is a great song. It took time to grow on me, as did my friend. When I listen to this track, I can feel the splashes from the music, unless I just peed my pants because this song is so good. "I gave my life to save her" and soon after makes me think of something an orchestra or play would perform.

11) "Perfect World" 99/100

Ahh, good ol' Billy Talent's back, baby. "In a perfect world, your face would not exist" remains to be some of my favorite lyrics. The heavier-like song to have a seizure to is "Perfect World". One of the defining moments of the whole album lies in this song: "Control! Alt, Deleted! Reset my memory!" If you like even one other song by Billy Talent, you'd fall in love with this song.

12) "Sympathy" 94/100

More chanting. More foot-tapping. More Billy Talent. More happiness. This is "Sympathy". Nothing too impressive from the likes of Billy Talent, but still not anything to even come close for anyone to dislike. Still, just more the reason to adore Billy Talent and to just listen to their music yourself.

13) "Burn The Evidence" 96/100

A wonderful way to end the album, if I say so myself. "Burn The Evidence" fits the setting of being the last track of a complete masterpiece. What I like about this song is that you can look at it from so many different perspectives as if Kowalewicz is depressed, rejoicing, or angry. No matter how you look at it, "Burn The Evidence" is a great song all the way around and you couldn't have asked for a better closer.

0r4ng3
08-27-2006, 08:56 PM
The only songs that I think are "less than perfect" (in my own opinion, of course) are Covered in Cowardice, Sympathy, and Burn the Evidence. Perhaps I just need to listen to them more. After all, I didn't like This Suffering or Fallen Leaves right away.

H1T_That
08-28-2006, 04:47 AM
Video for Red Flag is out. I can't yet decide whether its great or a load of crap.

0r4ng3
08-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I saw it, though it was a very poor quality copy on YouTube.

I think it's pretty good.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-28-2006, 01:11 PM
The only songs that I think are "less than perfect" (in my own opinion, of course) are Covered in Cowardice, Sympathy, and Burn the Evidence. Perhaps I just need to listen to them more. After all, I didn't like This Suffering or Fallen Leaves right away.

Well there isn't anything wrong with any of the songs. "Burn The Evidence" was one of the first songs I liked, "Covered In Cowardice" I recently learned to like, and I'm working on "Sympathy", the only one that I don't think is completely awesome.

--
The "Red Flag" video could have been better but still cool. Here's a good link to it, even though you have to use RealPlayer (which I had to download).

http://www.billy-talent.de/wiz/playMedia.jsp?sid=&mid=629782

Edit: The official link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7En9uIDdc50

sk8ter-hater
09-01-2006, 07:26 PM
The only dissapointment for me was Worker Bees, the rest is perfection.

0r4ng3
09-01-2006, 07:31 PM
What?! Worker Bees is one of my favorite songs!

Oh well, we all have different opinions 'n' stuff.

sk8ter-hater
09-01-2006, 07:39 PM
I don't really like the intro, the -deen, doon... doon den din- thing. I only like the 'we'll march with our blindfolds on" part. It's not a bad song, heavens no, but I don't find it up to par with the rest of the album.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-01-2006, 08:42 PM
"Worker Bees" took me a while to like. I especially like that "...fight to save our souls" part.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Alright, so I think I'm going (I don't see why I wouldn't be) to the November 15th show this fall to see Billy Talent. They're not headlining, though. That's Rise Against's and Thursday's job. I've never been to a concert before (Yeah, I know) and I don't want this whole headlining interfering with Billy Talent's concert time. I also want to go to see Rise Against, but I've never heard a Thursday song before or even heard of another side-band, Circa Survive.

So I guess my questions are: does Billy Talent put up good shows, does Rise Against put up good shows, does Thursday make even good music, and does Circa Survice make even good music. Will these be a good concert?

0r4ng3
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
So I guess my questions are: does Billy Talent put up good shows, does Rise Against put up good shows, does Thursday make even good music, and does Circa Survice make even good music. Will these be a good concert?
Yes, yes, no, not sure. Most likely.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes, yes, no, not sure. Most likely.

Thanks. I figured Billy Talent would, and wasn't too sure on Rise Against. I listened to a couple Thursday songs on their MySpace, and it sounded like noise. Just noise. I'm also listening to some Circa Survive songs on their MySpace. Not bad music, it is very experimental/indie and on the slow side, but the lead singer's voice is horrible.

Anyone else considering on going to this show? (not the Detroit one exactly)

jacknife737
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM

Billy Tallent and Rise Against are quite good live, lots of energey. Thursday isn't really my thing, but i saw them live during the 2004 Warped Tour, and they put on a somewhat entertaining set.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks, I will be very dissapointed if I somehow manage not being able to make it to the show.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-15-2006, 12:28 PM
It is confirmed that I will go to this show.
--
I'm just posting here to request that this "New Billy Talent Album" thread has its title changed to "Billy Talent II" since the album isn't quite "new" anymore and the album name isn't even included in the title, which was my fault in the first place. It isn't a big deal at all, but thanks.

sk8ter-hater
09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
In March 2006, he wrote a letter to the bands' fans in which he told them that he had been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, [1]. The Billy Talent song This Is How It Goes is written about Solowoniuk's battle with the illness. He had kept it secret in an attempt to avoid unwanted pity, but decided to reveal his condition after discovering some MS cases are diagnosed as early as three years of age. Since then Aaron has become an advocate for finding a cure for MS. For now, Aaron continues to tour with Billy Talent promoting Billy Talent II.
:( dfgnbmfdg

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Note to self: Bring "get well soon" card to concert. I feel like a failed fan not already knowing about this or noticing that "This Is How It Goes" had anything to do with this.

Multiple sclerosis (abbreviated MS, also known as disseminated sclerosis) is a chronic, inflammatory disease that affects the central nervous system (CNS). MS can cause a variety of symptoms, including changes in sensation, visual problems, muscle weakness, depression, difficulties with coordination and speech, severe fatigue, and pain. Although many patients lead full and rewarding lives, MS can cause impaired mobility and disability in the more severe cases.

It is a good thing it isn't too life threatening.

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 01:09 PM
This isn't exactly about the new album, but it's worth a mention.

Someone made a flash music video for "Line and Sinker". I haven't seen it yet, because I'm still in the process of posting the link in this thread.

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/338680

Edit: It's only the first verse and the following chorus, but it's pretty good. It uses a bunch of sprites from Mario and other games.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Nice concept. I probably would have liked it better if they didn't misprint the lyrics right at the start of the video (They wrote "What you say is what you get", when it is really "What you see is what you get"). It is a common mistake, but that's what I instantly noticed.
--
Anyone else a member of The Billy Club (http://streetteams.nettwerk.com/billyclub/index.jsp)?

sk8ter-hater
09-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Underneath the "Get well soon card," you shall also write, "from sk8ter-hater" in a very stylish and attention-grabbing sort of way. Then again, you should probably make it "from sk8ter-hater".
What's the billy club about? I'm only part of their e-mail list.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Haha
--
http://streetteams.nettwerk.com/billyclub/includes/images/Letter_BT-Street_team.jpg

I really want to know how exactly I'm going to get free stuff.

FrancoDaHui
09-17-2006, 08:30 PM
well i downloaded the album billy talent II and i must say that it's simply amazing

H1T_That
09-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Nice concept. I probably would have liked it better if they didn't misprint the lyrics right at the start of the video (They wrote "What you say is what you get", when it is really "What you see is what you get"). It is a common mistake, but that's what I instantly noticed.
--
Anyone else a member of The Billy Club (http://streetteams.nettwerk.com/billyclub/index.jsp)?

I vote you relay all Billy Talent news back to this thread, as i can't be bothered to join the Billy Club.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I need a Canadian to come on here. I've been trying to search for the answer, but I couldn't find the correct results. I heard there was some sort of Canada-radio play law where one out of every something songs has to be from a Canadian band. I want to know if this is true and if it is, what the exact rule is.

Edit: Thanks, jacknife737. Does this mean you have a better chance of becoming popular as a band if you are from Canada?

jacknife737
09-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I need a Canadian to come on here. I've been trying to search for the answer, but I couldn't find the correct results. I heard there was some sort of Canada-radio play law where one out of every something songs has to be from a Canadian band. I want to know if this is true and if it is, what the exact rule is.

Yes, there are Canadian content regulations on tv and radio in Canada. This link may be helpful

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/cancon/radio.htm

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh God, I wish I was the guy who moved to Canada after Bush was re-elected.

http://im.nettwerk.com/libby/billytalenthobecard.jpg

0r4ng3
10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I first heard about that.

H1T_That
10-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Looks to be a decent show.

Lars
10-12-2006, 01:53 PM
For those that don't know there's a live vid of Billy Talent from Italy on www.punkrockvids.com I was originally going to film this as well, but things didn't allow it to happen, it did mean I got to catch Porcupine Tree instead though.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Billy Talent and Conan?! You know where I'll be November 22nd (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4639593&blogID=186751055&MyToken=6d5bf490-daad-40e9-8ae0-9edec77a130f).

0r4ng3
10-30-2006, 01:57 PM
November 22nd is so many levels of win.

78 Water
10-31-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry, but I think this album is overrated. You guys are really overestimating how great it is.

Also, the title is totally unoriginal. Well, it's oringinal because not many others would do it, but you know what I mean.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I think this album is overrated. You guys are really overestimating how great it is.

Also, the title is totally unoriginal. Well, it's oringinal because not many others would do it, but you know what I mean.

Blasphemy. It's a good album, and it definitely isn't the best, but it's better than the strong majority of all other albums released in the past ten years. And I know what you mean about the title, but it's still original because, like you said, not many other artists use it.

Forza
11-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Haha, Billy Talent is so gay. I really regret clicking on that link. Good Charlotte = win!

Apathy
11-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I've been avoiding them for the longest time.

Finally I gave into the pressure and clicked on their myspace.

Truth be told, I'm glad I found them somewhat generic because i've already got a list of Cd's I don't have the money for.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I just read somewhere that Fallen Leaves is the next single.

Awesome.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah, when they put in on their MySpace I knew something was up. I usually don't like it when my favorite song becomes a single, but when it's Billy Talent, I don't care. I wonder the music video is going to be like. Will they have some stoner walking around smoking pot while the band is playing? Edit: Nah, it's not like they had some children-raping priest in the "Devil In A Midnight Mass" video.
--
Four more days until I see these guys...and I'm obsessed.

0r4ng3
11-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Hmm, I always thought Fallen Leaves was about heroin.
I never once thought, Iíd ever be caught!
Staring at sidewalks, hiding my track marks!
I left my best friends, or did they just leave me?Though, my only clue is "track marks". The rest of the song seems to point to pot.

Llamas
11-12-2006, 01:05 AM
I bought this album a few months ago for like 2 or 3 bucks. I really, really love "devil in a midnight mass". I've not listened to it a whole lot (though I really do like it), so I can't comment on each song... but I remember really liking the first three songs a lot.

I never liked "try honesty" or "beach balls", so I was skeptical about buying this album... but I decided that, for $3, it was worth it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Well, it's almost time to go to the concert. I'll comment on it when I get back.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-16-2006, 12:11 PM
The whole concert was one of my favorite experiences ever. Getting there, purchasing a couple t-shirts, finding my seats, and seeing the huge Billy Talent II flag was awesome. The whole concert started out with the lights going from dim to completely dark, Billy Talent walked on stage, stopped, and then you just heard the intro to "Devil In A Midnight Mass". The first scream in that song was one of the best moments the whole concert. Not to mention the mosh pits during the "whisper, whisper" part. That was my favorite Billy Talent song live.

After that, Ben threw his shirt off and asked how many Candadiens we had, about 40% of the people there were Canadian fans. Plus, I saw more Billy Talent shirts than Thursday and Circa Survive combined. "This Suffering" was played afterwards, which was very good, but the lowest performance compared to the other Billy Talent songs they played. "Line and Sinker" was after that and that was a really good performance.

Next, Ben brought up how much he loves women. "I love women more than anything in the world. There's this one girl that holds a special place inside me. I love her more than anything else in the world. I wrote a song about that girl. Here's song to that fucking bitch." So then, "The Ex" was played very well.

"Red Flag", "Fallen Leaves", and "River Below" were after that, and were some of my favorites. The crowd seemed to know the lyrics to these songs more than anything else.

After they announced the order of the lineup, Ben said they were going to go "way back", and "Try Honesty" was played. That was one of the better songs, also. I was a little dissapointed only 8 songs were played in a 35 minute period, and the songs were a little too predictable, but it was a very good show, none the less.

That's the Billy Talent part of it, if you want to hear about the rest of the show with Circa Survive, Thursday, and Rise Against, I'm going to edit my post with a link to it soon.

0r4ng3
11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Next, Ben brought up how much he loves women. "I love women more than anything in the world. There's this one girl that holds a special place inside me. I love her more than anything else in the world. I wrote a song about that girl. Here's song to that fucking bitch." So then, "The Ex" was played very well.
They did a very similar intro to that song when I saw them at the Warped Tour.

H1T_That
11-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I so wish i'd went to the concert when they were here. I had tickets and everything.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-16-2006, 12:25 PM
They did a very similar intro to that song when I saw them at the Warped Tour.

Yeah, I would have guessed.
--
I'm going to give a brief summary of the rest of the concert. Circa Survive sucked. Hard. Thursday put up a very nice performance, light show, etc. but that last song about his dying grandpa or whatever lasted forever, especially because you knew Rise Against was after it. Rise Against the best of all of them, by far, to keep things simple.
--
I'm also trying very, very hard to try to get a ride to Toronto February 2nd. Edit: Or even London on the 8th.
--
Edit: You know, I thought my Billy Talent and Rise Against playing would go down a little bit since I'm not anticipating a concert soon, but it looks as if I'm listening to as much as ever.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Double post, yeah. I couldn't wait.
--
After posting a full review of Billy Talent II (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=880555&postcount=64), I decided to review the self-titled debut that started it all. Overall, I'd give Billy Talent a 94/100. These rating aren't fair, as I'm a huge Billy Talent fan.

1) "This Is How It Goes" 100/100

What a way to start off an album. The intro is amazing and it just continues all the way until the finish. Sure, there's lots of screaming, but this is the greatest screaming I've ever heard. This song must be jaw-dropping live. God, I'd love to chant "This is! How it! It goes!" with Billy Talent.

2) "Living In The Shadows" 90/00

Often overlooked and living in the shadows (LOL!), this track doesn't get too much attention. I highly doubt this is an album favorite, but can anyone really turn it off and say it's bad? It has no super high points or anything, but I like it.

3) "Try Honesty" 96/100

I used to always skip this track so I could go to "Line and Sinker". When I actually took the time to actually listen to the whole song, I was astounded. It's fast and it's hard not to like. It isn't that badly written, either.

4) "Line and Sinker" 93/100

Popularized from the movie Grind, "Line and Sinker" didn't a need a music video or airplay to be known. It isn't all that it is made to be, it can get repetetive, and the screaming is actually annoying. With "Line And Sinker", I don't seem to care. It's actually really catchy and I always want to scream "What you see is what you get!" at the top of my lungs everytime it comes on.

5) "Lies" 93/100

We were just talking about repetetive, right? The chorus of "Lies" sounds like it could come out of a 10-years-old-girl's singing in the shower. However, it's everything that's NOT the chorus that makes this song what it is. Not exactly the words, but the singing of the lyrics and the way everything is executed so precisely.

6) "The Ex" 95/100

To start if off, I love the backing "Ohh"s immediately before the chorus. It's like a happy "f**k you" right to an ex-girlfriend's face. Ben talks pretty fast in this one, and he uses the same lines a couple times so you can memorize them easily. Sounds good to me.

7) "River Below" 97/100

Something made me dislike this song after a first listening. Then again, that was when I listened to Yellowcard and the such. If there is one song that Billy Talent fans know the words to, it's this one. It takes a while to realize that it's about some guy that's trying to build a bomb, but the fantasmic music takes over. The best sounding part of the song is probably the "I'm sick and, I'm twisted. I'm broken, you can't fix it."

8) "Standing In The Rain" 96/100

It's a song, about a prostitute! This is the tap-your-foot kind of music I love. The lyrics make sense, and the music is actually great. I can't pick one near bad part of this song. I get goosebumps whenever I hear "Standing in the rain." repeated three times.

9) "Cut The Curtains" 98/100

Deep guitars, yes, yes, yes. This whole song is pure awesomeness. Did I mention the greatest outro in any song in the world? It's that fading, you think it's over, and it explodes the chorus right back in your ears. I love, love, love this one.

10) "Prisoners of Today" 100/100

I remember, years ago, I heard one of the greatest songs, ever. Following the song, the radio DJ said "That was 'Prisoners of Today' by new Canadian band, Billy Talent". I bought this CD so fast. If it wasn't for this song, I might not have ever been a Billy Talent fan. The guitars, the vocals, the lyrics, the everything about this song is nothing short from perfect.

11) "Nothing To Lose" 91/100

Taking a slower step, Billy Talent made this song about a boy who was bullied and later commited suicide. Tragic, eh? This might have the best lyrics of the whole album, and you can hear and understand the words just fine. The main flaw is, this song never really took me by attention. If it wasn't for the lyrics and the nice experiments Billy Talent throws in this song, I'd shut it off every time it came on.

12) "Voices of Violence" 93/100

Not giving you a chance to brace yourself, "Voices of Violence" wasn't that bad of a choice to end this album with. This song is very easy to recognize, but yet compared to some of the songs earlier in the album, you wonder why this wasn't crushed from the other spotlight songs. It probably doesn't seem that good because you know no other songs remain.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Here's Billy Talent on Conan, for all of you who missed it, like I did.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W9DTAwZt3uk

78 Water
11-24-2006, 09:07 AM
No offense dude, but you overrate Billy Talent way too much. They're good, but they are not incredible.

sk8ter-hater
11-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Sad they only played Red Flag. I recorded it.

And personally, I enjoy the first album way more save Nothing to Lose. I'd rate it a 20.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-24-2006, 09:47 AM
No offense dude, but you overrate Billy Talent way too much. They're good, but they are not incredible.

Oh, I know. I'm just kind of obsessed. That's all.

Sad they only played Red Flag. I recorded it.

And personally, I enjoy the first album way more save Nothing to Lose. I'd rate it a 20.

Yeah, I agree. The performance wasn't exactly their greatest too. I like several albums better than Billy Talent, but it still remains one of the best I've ever heard.

H1T_That
11-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh man, they suck live.

sk8ter-hater
11-24-2006, 10:26 AM
The vocals were loud compared to the guitars; though neither were very loud.
I think that's what ruined it.

0r4ng3
11-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh man, they suck live.Are you referring to when they were on Conan? Yeah, that one wasn't that great. Though, when I saw them at the Warped Tour, they were amazing.

78 Water
11-24-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking about buying Billy Talent 2. Do you guys think all the songs or good, or would I be better just listening to Red Flag/DIAMM?

0r4ng3
11-24-2006, 12:08 PM
If those are the only two songs you've heard from it, I suggest buying Billy Talent II right away. There are much better songs on the rest of the album.

78 Water
11-24-2006, 12:10 PM
I heard that "Worker Bees" was one of the best songs from the album? Is that true?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Oh, they're all good. Not a single song disappoints. And even though it isn't mine, I believe "Worker Bees" is Jesse's favorite. My favorite is probably "Fallen Leaves" and "Pins And Needles" with "This Suffering" in a close second. Even if it isn't your taste, you really can't go wrong with buying Billy Talent II.

I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana
11-25-2006, 09:17 PM
billly talent bite kurt cobains clitoris

Professor Chaos
11-25-2006, 09:28 PM
billly talent bite kurt cobains clitoris

Kurt Cobain blows Kurt CoBRAINS!

Jesus, I'm so punny!

On a slightly more related note, I just listened to Billy Talent II again today after a long time, and I hate myself for not listening to it for that period. I'm considering downloading their Self Titled sometime soon.

Venom Symbiote
11-25-2006, 10:14 PM
As a joke band Billy Talent are fucking amazing. I have their first album, not the new one yet.

Then I found out they take themselves seriously. That makes them even funnier.

I mean, come on. The lead singer's vocals are goddamn atrocious. I love the backings though. So high-pitched and ridiculous they make my brain bleed.

And with lyrics like "Santa seemed to miss my chimney" and "fishing for the answer with a line and sinker" you've gotta at least give them credit for bein fucking hilarious.

"Fishing for the answer with a line and sinker"...Jesus titty-fucking Christ.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-25-2006, 10:32 PM
As a joke band Billy Talent are fucking amazing. I have their first album, not the new one yet.

Then I found out they take themselves seriously. That makes them even funnier.

Honestly, I can't really tell if you are taking this seriously. Billy Talent is obviously a joke band with music very similar to that of Bloodhound Gang and Tenacious D.

I mean, come on. The lead singer's vocals are goddamn atrocious. I love the backings though. So high-pitched and ridiculous they make my brain bleed.

I can see your point here, the lead vocals could probably be seen as pretty annoying to a lot of people. The backing vocals aren't high-pitched though.

And with lyrics like "Santa seemed to miss my chimney" and "fishing for the answer with a line and sinker" you've gotta at least give them credit for bein fucking hilarious.

"Fishing for the answer with a line and sinker"...Jesus titty-fucking Christ.

I don't pay attention to lyrics that much at all, but still don't see anything so God awful about them. Meh, the lines you picked out from that ONE song were kind of corny, but they sure as hell aren't "milk-out-my-nose humorously horrible".

And Venom, what song did you find so hilarious that made you want to go out and purchase the whole damn album?
--
Edit: I just watched Scandalous Travelers today, the DVD. It was pretty cool, but if you have to pay more than twenty bucks for it, don't. I'm happy with the $13 I spent, though.

Venom Symbiote
11-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Someone had send me an mp3 of "River Below", I thought it was kind of funky, so picked up the album.

Little did I know that this particular song was one of the tame somewhat-enjoyable ones, and the rest were all insane funny.

And WHAT?! How can you tell me the screaming for the background vocals (Indian/black dude, is it? I'm not sure who does them) isn't high-pitched?

"Line And Sinker" has lots of that stuff, if we want to use the same example.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Someone had send me an mp3 of "River Below", I thought it was kind of funky, so picked up the album.

Little did I know that this particular song was one of the tame somewhat-enjoyable ones, and the rest were all insane funny.
Understandable.

And WHAT?! How can you tell me the screaming for the background vocals (Indian/black dude, is it? I'm not sure who does them) isn't high-pitched?
You got the guy, but I really think they help add to the songs.

"Line And Sinker" has lots of that stuff, if we want to use the same example.
This could be true. You should listen to some Billy Talent II. It might change your mind. I don't know if the lyrics are really that better, but at least the music is.

JohnnyNemesis
11-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Their lyrics are fine; actually, they're quite good and in some cases extremely cool (Fallen Leaves comes to mind).

Mind you, I've only listened to Billy Talent II; I have the other album but haven't given it a listen yet. I really love BT2, even though I can't make it past "Where is the Line" because I really hate that song. The only song I listened to past that one is "Sympathy", which I also love.

I've been listening to this band a lot lately, and the songs are so fucking amazing that I can't choose a consistent favorite. First it was "Red Flag", then "This Suffering", then "Fallen Leaves", then "Worker Bees", then "Devil in a Midnight Mass", now it's "This Suffering" again. Or maybe it's "Worker Bees". GAH, this shit is so good.

IAmARevenant
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
I love Billy Talent. I never took them as a joke. The singers voice annoyed me at first listen, but I grew to love them, as well as the whole band.
If you want a joke band, go to The Casualties! ;)

0r4ng3
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
New video. It's been out for a while (maybe a week), but I just saw it for the first time.

In a crooked little town, they were lost and never found... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj16TF6c1PY)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
11-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks, I had no clue about it either. It was an interesting video. Maybe it leaked, because the single itself is supposed to be released in February. They didn't even have any updates on the site about them even filming a video. Whatever, sweet.

JohnnyNemesis
11-30-2006, 08:23 PM
God fucking DAMN I love this band.

Apathy
12-01-2006, 07:01 AM
I've been avoiding them for the longest time.
Finally I gave into the pressure and clicked on their myspace.
Truth be told, I'm glad I found them somewhat generic because i've already got a list of Cd's I don't have the money for.

Sooo.. I take all of this back.

I gave them a second chance, and It turns out that the song 'Devil in a Midnight Mass' is pretty boring and that all of the others are indeed amazing.

Well, at least Christmas is coming up.

edit: Now I'm even enjoying DIAMM. Dammit.

edit2: I just saw the Fallen Leaves video on fuse. The singer looks a lot like David McWane. I kind of wish that they weren't this popular, it bugs me when people with shitty taste in music like a good band.
Because then they just sort of assume that I like all of their other shitty bands. Which I most certainly don't. They're shitty.

edit3: I was just re-reading the thread, and I would really appreciate it if someone uploaded some Pezz songs. The songs don't work anymore in the earlier link, but Ska-BillyTalent sounds right down my alley.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Sure, I'll be glad to upload some Pezz songs. Just give me about an hour, please.
--
I'm the same way, when people that have horrible music tastes like one of my favorite bands, I feel stupid. My best friend enjoys music like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Hawthorne Heights, and one of the very few bands we share interest in, is Billy Talent.
--
Yeah, I'm also on with you on the popularity thing too. I really, really wish "Red Flag" wasn't in those EA games. I mean, I like it when I can actually find a couple Billy Talent fans, but I hate it when you can just walk up to someone and ask them if they like Billy Talent.
--
Edit: Watoosh! by Pezz (early Billy Talent) for all of you:

1) "M&M" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0E4E16B917CD20F8)

2) "Fairytale" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=ACF649785CDB1F57)

3) "Nita" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FFE4BB270CF9B811)

4) "Mother's Native Instrument" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A3AB90076D64EEF0)

5) "Bird In The Basement" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A1D93521735CDF21)

6) "Recap" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=274248CB6E174E42)

7) "When I Was A Little Girl" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=28EE120A73ED53D9)

8) "Warmth of Windows" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=FBE2FD6E3FB72663)

9) "Square Root of Me" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=028AC2065B9A4C0D)

10) "Absorbed" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2D3F71182B96CFA5)

Bonus Track: "New Orleans Is Stinking" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=391E094D27898AFF)

Others: "Dudebox" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=66A1EAB72B7F6DB0) and "Beach Balls" (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E808D95933309BD2).

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I'd never heard of Billy Talent until you and Jesse kept talking about them so much. I don't watch TV and haven't been able to play as many video games, so all I knew was their name. But holy god, they're goooood.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 01:24 PM
People know Billy Talent here because we're so close to Canada. Our radio stations are part Ontario, part Detroit. You're still very lucky to hear Billy Talent on the radio, but I've heard "Try Honesty" once or twice back in 2003. They played "Prisoners of Today" once too, that's how I got into Billy Talent. I've never heard them on the radio since, but there are about ten other people I know that have "Red Flag" and "River Below" on their iPods.

Edit: Pezz songs are up above.

78 Water
12-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Did you guys see the new "Red Flag" music video? If not, check it out here. (http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/b/billy_talent/red_flag.html)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Did you guys see the new "Red Flag" music video? If not, check it out here. (http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/b/billy_talent/red_flag.html)

Yeah, sorry, but you're a little three months (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=880765) late.

Apathy
12-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks much. I can really hear the ska influence in lots of the songs.

Most of them are pretty good too. The only one that I can't stand is Nita, which is kind of strange because the guitar has a very ska-feel in that one especially.

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Apathy; speaking of ska-influences, do you listen to Mouthwash at all?

Venom Symbiote
12-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Shit, Johnny, calm down man. Billy Talent aren't that good.

At least the first album isn't, still haven't heard the second. And I know TV performances aren't a way to judge a band live, but CHRIST they sucked on Conan. Even for a TV studio gig.

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2006, 10:09 AM
I already said that I didn't listen to the first album. The second one is amazerin'. Eat dick!

Apathy
12-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Apathy; speaking of ska-influences, do you listen to Mouthwash at all?

Well, I did reply to your mouthwash thread that was recently revived.

I've got a few songs by em that I listen to, but haven't bought an album or anything.
The song Fool's Gold is quite good.

edit: I listened to the two songs on their myspace, and they're both great too actually. I just can't find any other downloads

JohnnyNemesis
12-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I didn't realize you did till Wally bumped it. Download all the songs I posted there.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 09:02 PM
So on the official billy talent website, they have a player that plays both of their cd's.

I've literally spent an hour or two just listening through them, and I'm actually going to have to say that I like their first CD much more. On the second CD there are some very good songs (I like Red Flag, DIAMM, Burn The Evidence and I absolutely love Fallen Leaves) but there are also many songs that bore or annoy me somewhat. (Where is the Line, Worker Bees, The Navy Song)
After listening to the first Cd, I have found no flaws whatsoever. I realize this is not a popular opinion on this forum, but eh.

My favorite songs are Fallen Leaves, This Is How It Goes (or at least I think - see below), and Voices of Violence.

Edit: Alright I'm very confused. This song (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=115457211) is my favorite by them. And I assumed from the lyrics that it is This Is How It Goes. But when I went to the official site, they have a different song (version?) of it.
Anyway, where is this song from? It's the best song they have, in my opinion.

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 09:24 PM
It sounds like a demo (or a cover) of This is How It Goes. Perhaps it's a Pezz song that they eventually changed into it. It sounds a lot like Pezz.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I found a lyrics site that has it listed as 'This Is How It Goes (Original Version)'
So I'm thinking it's a demo. I'm 99.9% sure its not a cover.
It does however sadden me that I won't be able to get this song on a CD anywhere.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 09:29 PM
God, just listened to the debut album again. "WHAT YOU SAY IS WHAT YOU GET!"

*giggles uncontrollably* So damn ridiculous. They're worth the money just for the laugh value.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, some of the lyrics are just so awful that it makes me love them.

Specifically Cut the Curtains and Line And Sinker. I believe those were the names anyway. This band is on my Christmas List now, For Sure.

Llamas
12-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Stop talking about the first album. You already did that. Go here http://www.amazon.com/Billy-Talent-II/dp/B000FFP0AK/sr=8-1/qid=1165123993/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-3195374-1478331?ie=UTF8&s=music
and listen to clips from II. It's a lot better than the first one.

Apathy
12-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, I don't think so.

But of course, I've only listened to it once or twice the whole way through and I don't actually own it yet. But so far I rank the first waaaaay above the second.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh, come on. No band changes so drastically that the second one will be any less ridiculous. It may not be quite as immature or predictable, but it's still Billy Talent at heart.

*screams like the dude, holding his nose to make it more nasally and accurate* "INTO THE RIVER BELOW!" Bwahaha.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 02:42 AM
...a lot of bands change far more drastically than this, even. Some bands change so much between albums that you could know one album really really well and hear another one and not know it's them unless you were told.

Anyway, to Apathy, I think II has much, much better lyrics than the first one.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-03-2006, 05:59 AM
I need more Billy Talent demo mp3s, like the "This Is How It Goes" one and the "Devil In A Midnight Mass" one.
--

They're all correct, except the "When I Was a Little Girl" I was listening to was the re-recorded one, so it's technically not Pezz.
Could you upload this for me, please?
--
In the meantime, I'll be at the Billy Talent boards to see if I can find anything.
--
I like how Apathy is checking out self-titled first. He'll notice the change and everything once he gets Billy Talent II.
--
Edit: Just out of curiosity, is anyone else a member of the Billy Talent forums? It's pretty bad. The whole thing is like one big General Offspring Discussion.

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Oh, come on. No band changes so drastically that the second one will be any less ridiculous.

This almost makes me think that you've like, never listened to music. Ever.

Apathy
12-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Edit: Just out of curiosity, is anyone else a member of the Billy Talent forums? It's pretty bad. The whole thing is like one big General Offspring Discussion.

I glanced at it when I was listening to the player on their site. It's pathetic, average age has to be around thirteen.

Edit: It seems that I like all of the demos I find better than the actual songs. Also, this band is strange in the fact that they seem to have demos for many many songs. Most bands have demo songs, but they usually aren't released or they just don't sound that different.

They could probably just throw all of their demos onto an album and release it if they wanted to, and it would still do well.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 11:46 AM
This almost makes me think that you've like, never listened to music. Ever.

When I first read that comment from him, I thought he was being sarcastic... but then I realized he actually thinks that. And then I agreed with your comment.

Apathy
12-03-2006, 12:24 PM
A big "Hwaaaaa?" goes to Venom's comment.

And I'm not the only person who likes the first better it seems.
http://www.sputnikmusic.com/band/Billy+Talent

0r4ng3
12-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Could you upload this for me, please?
Yeah, sure.

http://www.savefile.com/files/312883

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks a ton. Yep, it's the same version as my MySpace song, except this one is edited.
--
It's too bad you can't upload vinyls in the computer or I'd give you all, and give myself, the "Ever Fallen In Love" Buzzcock's cover and the demos of some of the songs off Billy Talent II.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I doubt any of you care besides me, but...

Ben on CBC's The Hour this Thursday, December 7th

Tune in to watch CBC's The Hour this Thursday at 11pm. Ben stops by the show to chat with host George Stroumboulopoulos.

www.cbc.ca/thehour

Since it is just Ben, I highly doubt they'll play anything, but since I missed Billy Talent on TV the first time, I might as well try to catch them tomorrow. By the way, does anyone else even have CBC? It's from Canada, and it's channel 99 on my television.
--
And to Jesse, I love your location. Would you mind if I did a similar thing?

0r4ng3
12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Sure, whatever. Check out the rest of my profile.

jacknife737
12-06-2006, 04:03 PM
The Hour is a great show.

IAmARevenant
12-07-2006, 10:01 PM
I. Love. Billy. Talent.

Venom Symbiote
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Heh. And yet you hate No Doubt.

Llamas
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I. Love. Billy. Talent.

Another great, thought provoking addition to discussion! Seriously, learn to post or go away.

IAmARevenant
12-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Another great, thought provoking addition to discussion! Seriously, learn to post or go away.
Yeah, like I'm supposed to listen to you. If you don't like my posts, then don't read them.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-08-2006, 11:56 AM
The Hour is a great show.

It's actually pretty good. I never watched CBC, except for when hockey was on, before. This show was actually pretty good, and I thought Ben was actually a nice addition. It's official that I am rather obsessed with Billy Talent now.

Also, I think Billy Talent might be turning into commercial whores. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it on the American MTV.

IAmARevenant
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Heh. And yet you hate No Doubt.
And your point is.......? It's probably just another negative comment from yet another idiot on these boards who simply can't accept the fact that people have seperate opinions.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
And your point is.......? It's probably just another negative comment from yet another idiot on these boards who simply can't accept the fact that people have seperate opinions.

Dude. different opinion? This is a billy talent thread. Almost everyone in the thread LIKES billy talent. you saying that you like billy talent is not a SEPERATE OPINION. You are really, really dumb.

IAmARevenant
12-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Dude. different opinion? This is a billy talent thread. Almost everyone in the thread LIKES billy talent. you saying that you like billy talent is not a SEPERATE OPINION. You are really, really dumb.
I don't think you understood what I meant. I was talking about a seperate opinion on NO DOUBT, not BILLY TALENT.
YOU are really really dumb.

JohnnyNemesis
12-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Y'know, I was just about to be nice and give my opinion more specifically, but after "You are really, really dumb." I don't think I will now.

Oh, heavens no! Please, PLEASE share your undoubtedly intelligent opinion with us! We'll never be mean again, PLEASE!

IAmARevenant
12-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Oh, heavens no! Please, PLEASE share your undoubtedly intelligent opinion with us! We'll never be mean again, PLEASE!
Oh yes, very mature my friend. Very, VERY mature.

JohnnyNemesis
12-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry. I should have just threatened y'all with my absence instead, like you did.

Enough bullshit. On-topic now, plz.

adombomb222
12-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I saw Billy Talent live with Rise Against, Thursday and some other band. They were pretty good, up first as soon as I walk in. Not as good as Thursday or Rise Against but still pretty good.

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2006, 09:36 PM
On-topic everyone, kplz?

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 06:44 AM
I'll be deleting off-topic posts from here on out.

IAmARevenant
12-14-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna be asking for their second album for Christmas. But so far my favorite song from them is This Suffering.

SMASH0390
12-21-2006, 08:14 AM
blah. didnt like it. i kinda liked the first album tho. Vioces of violence and what was the name of the first track? i forgot it was good tho.

IAmARevenant
12-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I got the album last sunday, but I haven't listened to it much. I probably will soon.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-23-2006, 09:41 AM
LOL

Everyone call 1-866-287-8541

Billy Talent wants to wish you a happy holidays.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
12-23-2006, 05:13 PM
1979, you like Billy Talent just a tad bit dont you.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-23-2006, 05:37 PM
1979, you like Billy Talent just a tad bit dont you.

Yeah, almost kind of a little. *twitches*

Dodongo
12-24-2006, 12:21 PM
I just got an iPod, so I'm going to upload some songs off of Billy Talent 2 off of iTunes. Can someone recommend me which songs to download, or should I download them all? Thanks!

JohnnyNemesis
12-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Download them all, but I say that "This Suffering" and "Fallen Leaves" are the best.

Oh, and "Sympathy" *glares at the Billy Talent contingent*

Dodongo
12-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks, JohhnyNemises. I'm downloading them all right now.

Jebus
12-24-2006, 12:53 PM
somebody be a good boy and upload one of their albums for me.

Offspring-Junkie
12-25-2006, 05:22 AM
I can't stand Billy Talent! The frontman has a terrible voice! Red Flag and Fallen Leaves sucks!

Grabbal
12-25-2006, 05:35 AM

http://torrentspy.com/torrent/816148/Billy_Talent_Billy_Talent_2_www_bitmp3_com_sasha_d ozer

http://torrentspy.com/torrent/816147/Billy_Talent_Billy_Talent_www_bitmp3_com_sasha_doz er

YOu need Bitlord!!

JohnnyNemesis
12-25-2006, 07:52 AM
BitLord is a horrible client. Azureus is where it's at.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I just got an iPod, so I'm going to upload some songs off of Billy Talent 2 off of iTunes. Can someone recommend me which songs to download, or should I download them all? Thanks!

Dude, don't pay for anymore music. Tell me what you already downloaded so I can just upload the rest for you.

See above.

I can't stand Billy Talent! The frontman has a terrible voice! Red Flag and Fallen Leaves sucks!
*ahem*

AC/DC is missing!
AC/DC isn't horrible, but compared to Billy Talent?

Dodongo
12-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Thank you very much, Ninteen Seventy Nine. I have alredy downloaded Devil In A Midnight Mass and Red Flag.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-25-2006, 10:05 AM
No problem, I love to spread my love of Billy Talent. I'll get on this sometime tonight.

Jebus
12-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Yes, I realize you could download an album via torrent. The thing is, it's too slow and it slows down my surfing by a lot. That's why I requested someone to upload it. Now I hope you guys are happy. You just lost a potential Billy Talent Fan. *leaves thread*

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Billy Talent headlines only five dates with Drive By and Cancer Bats, and Detroit is one of them!

3/17 Ottobar, Baltimore, Maryland

3/21 Axix, Boston, MA

3/24 Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit, Michigan

4/3 El Corazón, Seattle, Washington

4/7 Glass House, Pomona, California

There was one thing I noticed with Drive By. They play at just a few more other venues, but these are the only ones on LiveNation:

http://www.livenation.com/artist/getArtist/artistId/619959

Now, these were the only comments I found on their MySpace that requested the band to come to a city.

http://i1.tinypic.com/436ocnk.jpg

I guess Drive By listens well.

Offspring-Junkie
01-18-2007, 09:51 AM
*ahem*

AC/DC isn't horrible, but compared to Billy Talent?
What does AC/DC has to do with the fact, that Billy Talent sucks? Even if I told you, that I'm Kelly Family fan (don't even think about it, I'm not) that wouldn't change that Billy Talent sucks!!!!

Splintergirl
01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
I have this album:D
thats prurient!!!!!
OFFSPRING & billy talent the bests bands of the world (I hope)

Wolfbutter
01-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't see what's so special about this album. Billy Talent doesn't do anything special or original in anyway. Sure, it sounds good, but it's just average.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Nothing special or original? Alright, I agree. I don't think Billy Talent is creating a whole new genre of music, either. I don't think there's any artist out there that can imitate each of their songs, though.

I like Billy Talent's diversity. Listen to "M&M", then "This Is How It Goes", and then "Surrender" and you might be surprised that was all the same band. I don't think any of their songs "sound thd same". I know you didn't say that, but that is one of the things I love about them.

The Blood Brothers might be able to pull off a cover of "Line And Sinker" and I can see "Depeche Mode' doing "Surrender" with synth (Wow, that would be amazing).

That_Guy91
01-28-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't think any of their songs "sound the same".

Actually, I've always thought that Try Honesty and Line and Sinker were pretty similar. Other than that, I agree with you.

JohnnyNemesis
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Maybe this is just me being out of touch with punk, rock, pop-punk and anything guitar-driven these days, but I've always felt that Billy Talent has a bit of a unique style and ARE original. They're clearly influenced by a lot of things we've already heard, but their music is extremely distinct in sound both instrumentally and vocally.

That's just my opinion though.

Apathy
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't hear it. At all.

I mean, I like them at all, but they don't do anything different or unique.

0r4ng3
04-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Major bumpage.

Today, I have done the unthinkable. I found BT's cover of "Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)". The sound quality is a bit iffy, but it's still good.

http://www.savefile.com/files/617595

Also, if you already found the song, just keep it quiet and let me have my moment.

Edit: And another thing. Is the video for Surrender coming out? Like, ever?

Grabbal
04-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks!

Do they have any other songs apart from the 2 albums??

the offspring-182
04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
how old is thread? it came out already, i have and i overused and i bored of them.

0r4ng3
04-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, this unofficially became the "all things Billy Talent" thread.

Grabbal, they released an album called "Watoosh!" from when they were called Pezz. It's nowhere near as good as their new stuff, though.

H1T_That
04-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Well, this unofficially became the "all things Billy Talent" thread.

Grabbal, they released an album called "Watoosh!" from when they were called Pezz. It's nowhere near as good as their new stuff, though.

I agree. I heard a few Pezz songs that i tihnk you sent me a while back, and i only listened to them once or twice. I prefer to keep the good image of the band i currently have.

Grabbal
04-08-2007, 05:47 AM
they released an album called "Watoosh!" from when they were called Pezz.

Could anyone upload this??

Can't find it.

Cejus
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey! I'm going to see Billy Talent live in a festival (http://www.metrorock.net), and I was wondering what their usual setlist for this type of event is. 'Cause I'm taking my brother with me and I would like him to listen to the songs that they will most probably play, heh.

EDIT: The festival will take place in Madrid, if anyone's interested ;)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, Lent is over and I can listen to Billy Talent. The first song I listened to on Easter was "Fallen Leaves", it felt good.

http://www.savefile.com/files/617595

Also, if you already found the song, just keep it quiet and let me have my moment.
Noooo, "file not found". Please upload again, gah.

Edit: And another thing. Is the video for Surrender coming out? Like, ever?

Doubt it.

0r4ng3
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I'll upload the song again. I think I deleted it by accident.

Edit:
http://www.savefile.com/files/649139

Oh, and I found the video for Surrender shortly after I made that post. I'll put it up when I find it.

Edit II:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RVeCoxeAq84

Grabbal
04-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Good song, but I wish they hade made a video of Worker Bees.

0r4ng3
04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Today, I have done the unthinkable.
Yeah, what he said.

I downloaded their cover of Waiting Room by Fugazi. It's supposed to be live, right?

http://www.savefile.com/files/655781

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-19-2007, 07:55 PM
God, you're like a god. Thanks. Oh, and happy birthday.

Oh, and I'm predicting my Billy Talent obsession to be back on track within the next week.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they make a "This Suffering" video at the rate they're going. Green Day was playing American Idiot videos from late 2004 to almost all of 2006 in the U.S., so it wouldn't be a big shock if Billy Talent did the same in Canada.

0r4ng3
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
There was 4 videos from the self titled, so there's most likely going to only be 4 from Billy Talent II. But if they did make another video, it's most likely going to be for This Suffering.

Llamas
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Which songs have videos from II?

0r4ng3
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Devil in a Midnight Mass, Red Flag, Fallen Leaves, and Surrender, in that order.

Out of those, Fallen Leaves is my favorite video, and Red Flag is my least favorite video.

xxec94
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM

the offspring is pretty popular. and there not overrated

actually there underrated :) not alot of kids know about them

H1T_That
04-20-2007, 08:47 AM
actually there underrated :)

The Offspring underrated? Shut the fuck up please.

Grabbal
04-20-2007, 08:59 AM
I found this funny.

This is how it goes "cover" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEP8mybwk6w)

Warning: Chorus is so much horrible than you can possibly imagine.

Warning 2: Seriously, it is!

bouncingcoles
04-20-2007, 09:46 AM
the newest billy talent album is amazing, even better then the last.

H1T_That
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
the newest billy talent album is amazing, even better then the last.

Seriously? Damn everyone in this thread better check out the new album, apparently its good. After posting in this thread i i'm amazed no one knew this already. Thanks for the info.

sk8ter-hater
04-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I like the first one more, it's simpler. The second one's still great though.

Grabbal
05-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Apathy
05-06-2007, 08:29 PM
ohh man, someone has to have the 'This is How it Goes' demo. It's my favorite song by them.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
05-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Holy crap, I just met Billy Talent. *crosses out #6 on "100 Life Goals" list*

Billy Talent was arguably the greatest live band I've seen yet, and saying a lot, because MCR was amazing. The local Hi-Fi Handgrenades were a lot better than several of the bands I've already seen, I met them too, I also met Drive By and got autographs, they were even better, sounded really gooed. I ended up buying CDs from both of those bands.

Then came Billy Talent, who were amazing, they so-called "saved the best for last" (Detroit is last stop on U.S. tour). So while my friend got autographs from Hi-Fi Handgrenades, I bought a Billy Talent poster.

Then, when we waited for a ride on a corner in Downtown Detroit watching fireworks come from Comerica Park, my friend notices a bus across the street, with a small crowd of people around it, I didn't believe it was Billy TAlent at first, but then Ian D'Sa marched out, and I was over there quicker than a jackrabbit in July.

The bass player wasn't there, but I got autographs from the rest of the band. I had a little "what's up? how's it going. great show tonight" conversation with Ben, the lead singer, and shook his hand. I shook Ian's hand and told him he was my hero, and Aaron was flirting with girls, so I just had him sign my poster.

The second greatest moment of my life by far.

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I know this is from the old album, but fucking hell, I'm mad at myself right now for not realizing sooner that Line & Sinker fucking RULES. FUCK!

0r4ng3
05-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I know what you mean. I used to dislike that song, too. Early-2006 Jesse was kind of an idiot.

Also, Wally, h8 u. Actually, envy u.

Bazza
05-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Holy crap, I just met Billy Talent. *crosses out #6 on "100 Life Goals" list*
Dude that's awesome. Whenever I go to gigs there's always a little bit of me that wishes that I'd be able to see the band members and get to talk to them. Sadly it's never happened yet.

Also whenever I see posts in this thread I always hope that it'll be news on a third album, especially when the thread title is "New Billy Talent Album"!

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I know what you mean. I used to dislike that song, too. Early-2006 Jesse was kind of an idiot.

Also, Wally, h8 u. Actually, envy u.

Yeah, I never hated it just never listened to it. But now I'm like "WHOA FUCK YEAH GOOD!"

Dr. Shadow
05-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Congrats on seeing the band themselves! :) I would love to do that one day. :) To many people, it just happens. :) But i've never been to a concert before. :)

H1T_That
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm seeing BT headline the second stage of a festival in approximatley 18 days.

Jealous much?

hymen
05-23-2007, 05:01 AM
billy talent rock, they were just in aus but didnt come where i live, sigh, maybe next time

BustedKnuckles
05-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Damn you...saw the title and was hoping for a III...gah.

0r4ng3
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
To be fair, this thread was made before BTII came out. Is there a way to change the title to just "Billy Talent"? Or, like, "The Official Billy Talent Thread"?

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2007, 08:06 PM
NO, asshole! :P

nieh
06-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Question:
Why does everything that knows I listen to Cursive think I should listen to Billy Talent too?

JohnnyNemesis
06-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Question:
Why does everything that knows I listen to Cursive think I should listen to Billy Talent too?

Answer:
Stop talking to inanimate objects.

Steve-O
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Question:

I didn't know objects could know stuff about you. Anyways Billy talent kick ass they rocked the MMVA's.

nieh
06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I didn't know objects could know stuff about you.
Rick beat you.

Answer:
Stop talking to inanimate objects.
But they're so good at listening.

Harnum
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Rick beat you.
... and you beat me. Oh, the cycle continues!

Steve-O
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Darn you Rick you are just to fast and superior in everyway. Nieh I think you should get some help buddy.

0r4ng3
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
So, Cursive is similar to Billy Talent? I should start listening to Cursive.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Question:

You sure it's because you listen to Cursive, and not just because Billy Talent is an amazing band?

0r4ng3
06-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I just listened to some Cursive songs on last.fm, and they don't sound at all alike.

nieh
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that's why I was so confused. Like, that Pandora radio thing was doing a decent job of playing me Cursive-ish stuff but then played two songs by Billy Talent in like 10 minutes leaving me all 'wtf?'

coke_a_holic
06-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Uh, Cursive >>>> Billy Talent.

*runs away from pitchforks and torches*

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I've gotten into Billy Talent very much, ever since I saw them With Thursday and Rise Against back in '06 I believe. I think their new album was well done; however I like the first one much better. I've been looking for their album under the name Pezz, I cannot find it at Amazon.com or BestBuy.com, and do you know where I'd be able to order it?

0r4ng3
06-20-2007, 03:48 PM
From their website.

http://www.billytalent.com/pezz/

H1T_That
06-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I've gotten into Billy Talent very much, ever since I saw them With Thursday and Rise Against back in '06 I believe. I think their new album was well done; however I like the first one much better. I've been looking for their album under the name Pezz, I cannot find it at Amazon.com or BestBuy.com, and do you know where I'd be able to order it?

Last time i checked their site, there was a link from there. I'm not sure if its still available though. Your best and easiest bet is to ask either Nineteen Seventy Nine or 0r4ng3 to upload it for you, as i know they both have it.

EDIT: Jesse beat me to it.

adombomb222
06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Cool thank you guys.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey, and if you don't feel like purchasing the CD, just use this link:

http://voicesofviolence.cjb.net/

And click on "downloads" at the top. I think they are in WMA format, but you should be able to convert it with ease, especially if you use iTunes.