PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know a quick fix for a cough?

kamikaze
05-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I went to the doctors yesterday and waited for 40 minutes. The doctor walks in, looks me over for about 2 minutes then tells me that I have allergies. I knew that. But I don't get ear-aches and sore throats and coughing up grossies with allergies. So, she gave me two perscriptions for anti-allergy medications. And guess what. It's not working. So, I was wondering if you guys knew of anyway to get rid of this cough without having to go to Wal*Mart right now.

All About Eve
05-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Is going to a drugstore instead an acceptible option?

If your nose is stopped up and everything, try taking a hot shower; the steam should open up the passages. If you don't feel like taking a shower, just get in the bathroom with the door shut, turn it all the way hot, and sit and read in there or something if you have to. If you want to sleep, try propping up on pillows.

kamikaze
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Is going to a drugstore instead an acceptible option?

If your nose is stopped up and everything, try taking a hot shower; the steam should open up the passages. If you don't feel like taking a shower, just get in the bathroom with the door shut, turn it all the way hot, and sit and read in there or something if you have to. If you want to sleep, try propping up on pillows.

All the drug stores in my town closed 2 hours ago. I'd have to go 20 minutes to Wal*Mart to find something. And chances are, it'd be behind the counter due to all those meth-heads.

I have nose spray and it's been working. I can breathe somewhat normally. But my left ear is completely stuffed up - I can barely hear anything in it. And I'm seriously coughing up both lungs and my spleen right now. I don't have anything here for that.

All About Eve
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Definitely do the shower thing. It will make you feel so much better, if just for the relaxing heat. Try to drink a lot of water, or maybe gatorade/juice, as it will get you better quicker.

kamikaze
05-02-2006, 09:15 PM
That sounds like a plan. Even though I already got my shower. :( I will try that tomorrow if I don't get better. Thanks! :)

Human
05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I usually go to Robeks and get a light, fruit flavored smoothie with the Imuni-Beck in it [regular size] when I'm sick. It relaxes me and makes me feel better, but hell, that's just me. Different things work for differnet people. =]

Jebus
05-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Try gargling warm water with salt.

ninthlayer
05-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Try semen.

Preocupado
05-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Getting horny actually stops the coughing for men, so it might work on women too.

T-6005
05-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Try gargling warm water with salt.
That's more for the sore throat than for a cough. If the cough is really bad, gargling is potentially awkward.

Secondly, make yourself a hot drink, preferably with whiskey/brandy, sugar, honey, hot water and a bit of lemon. That helps - plus it'll just make you feel better in general.

Tizzalicious
05-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Drink tea with honey. It's nice for the throat.

Lizardus
05-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Mommy used to give me honey with some lemon drops.

Seriously that shit worked pretty ofthen.