PDA

View Full Version : Atom with AVA On OCdrum.com

icklebabygremlin
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Angels and Airwaves
April 12th
The Glass House in Pomona

There is something to be said for having resourceful friends. They can completely fix an oversight and save a potentially disastrous evening. My friend Nicole is one of these resourceful people. I invited her to go to the Angels and Airwaves show at the Glass House for their very first show on April 12th. Due to some miscommunication, I only received one pass. This meant one of us was screwed and I looked like an ass. But, after a quick phone call later Nicole, one of her friends rushed a ticket out for her. With this minor setback, we got into the show and were excited to see the new band featuring Atom Willard, Tom Delong, Ryan Sinn and David Kennedy.

It must have been a bit different for so many people to watch the show from the viewfinder on their cell phones or cameras. To see the band and stage in miniature form hundreds of times over in front of me, all highlighted with a blue luminescence was surreal. Angels and Airwaves had the crowds attention from the moment they took the stage. People were singing along to the songs already, with the release of the album not for several weeks to come. It was very exciting to see a band that is destined to play much larger venues in the near future at such a small venue, for their very first show, and everyone in attendance seemed to feel the same way.

Atom Willard is an amazing drummer. The way he plays with so much power and conviction is exciting to watch and listen to. He seems to always be able to hit the drums harder than he already is. There are a lot of backing tracks and extra layers of sound that coincide with the songs. Atom is usually playing to a click of some form to match up to these sounds, or he himself is triggering them from pads that he has around his kit. His new drum kit is awesome. All of the drums sounded huge, with lots of low end. The kit is finished in a white marine pearl and features a 6x6 octoban, 8x12, 14x16, 16x18 and 18x26 kick drum. The snare drum that he is currently using is one of the Modern Classic style drums. His particular drum has 20 ply edges instead of just having the 10 ply reinforcement rings.

The whole band performed very well, really putting them selves into the music. These 4 guys are excited about the music, and want everyone listening and watching to be excited with them. Tom did seem a bit awkward the times that he did not have a guitar on. This would be understandable since he has almost always been playing a guitar while on stage. But, it was still fun to see him do different things, and really be a front man.

I am really looking forward to the release of the Angels and Airwaves CD. I would also love to see them play again live. If you have a chance to see them, make sure you do.

Thanks again to Nicole for being so resourceful and sharing this show with me. Distractions are good.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Cool. The person who makes that seems that he is in love with Atom :p

Tijs
05-03-2006, 02:57 PM
AVA = Not Offspring therefore Other Band.

Moving.

Apreciate the information though, thanks.

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 07:34 PM
AVA = Not Offspring therefore Other Band.

Moving.

Apreciate the information though, thanks.

AVA= Shit (in my opinion, any Blink "musician" don't makes more music that a farting elephant)

bd007h
05-03-2006, 07:43 PM
AVA= Shit (in my opinion, any Blink "musician" don't makes more music that a farting elephant)

Have you forgotten about Travis Barker? He had basically 95% of Blinks talent.

That_Guy91
05-03-2006, 07:49 PM
And the other 5% was Mark Hoppus.

bd007h
05-03-2006, 07:58 PM
exactly .

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 10:25 PM

Hold on a sec... Blink has talent??? well, in any case... Tom has... dude... it's too much even for him...

zero

bd007h
05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
95% (Travis) + 5% (Mark) does happen to leave 0% for Tom, I believe

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 11:23 PM
95% (Travis) + 5% (Mark) does happen to leave 0% for Tom, I believe
0 and zero... are the same :D

Kitten
05-04-2006, 01:20 AM

Have you heard any AVA stuff?

H1T_That
05-04-2006, 08:48 AM
why the fuck is Angel And Airwaves abbreviated to AVA?

where does the V come from?

Tijs
05-04-2006, 09:23 AM
AAA, the middle A upside down without the -. More of a logo I guess.

jacknife737
05-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I like this band, i've had the album for a while now. It Hurts, and the War are the best songs.

offspring fan
05-04-2006, 10:30 AM
that band makes me sad :(

bd007h
05-04-2006, 01:24 PM
AAA, the middle A upside down without the -. More of a logo I guess.

Ava is also his daughter's name, I believe

Ninty Man
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Have you heard any AVA stuff?

Yep.. it was a link of the band, I guess... but it sux hell