PDA

View Full Version : FlyLeaf

Nood!es
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Anybody else heard of them? They arent that bad. The chick lead singer has good vocals.
Your thoughts?

- -Lauren- -
05-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I LOVE FLYLEAF!

I've heard I'm So Sick and I'm Sorry. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE <333333333333333333

like seriously. they are awesome beyond belief.

Retard
05-04-2006, 01:37 PM
That so sick song isnt bad. not something i'd pick up but its a good listen if its on.

the leadsinger looks around 12 or is that just me? :confused:

HeadAroundU
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I like it. Especially, "I'm so sick".

She is Avril Lavigne #2 but a little bit more hardcore.

Apathy
05-04-2006, 02:40 PM

So that makes her about as hardcore as a Piece of paper with the word hardcore written on it?

Nood!es
05-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Wait, Avril Lavigne is hardcore? When did this happen?

- -Lauren- -
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, you can certainly say that she is more "h4rdcor3z!!1" because the lead singer of flyleaf was inCREDibly heavy into drugs, but then she got clean.

she's got an amazing voice, which also differs her from Avril, who sings like a drunken man.

HeadAroundU
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Wait, Avril Lavigne is hardcore? When did this happen?
How old are you?

HeadAroundU
05-05-2006, 03:43 PM
So that makes her about as hardcore as a Piece of paper with the word hardcore written on it?
I don't know. Whatever.

I'm still saying that she is Avril Lavigne #2 but a little bit more hardcore or maybe better to say Avril Lavigne #2 with hardcore moments.

Nood!es
05-06-2006, 02:35 PM
How old are you?
Im 13...why the hell does it matter? Avril Lavigne isnt hardcore..

HeadAroundU
05-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I have never said that Avril Lavigne was hardcore.

Did I? Noodles.

Nood!es
05-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Yes...you did....

HeadAroundU
05-06-2006, 03:30 PM
No, you didn't get it.

Let me rephrase:
The frontwoman of Flyleaf is Avril Lavigne number 2 but frontwoman of Flyleaf is able to sing hardcore.

Nood!es
05-06-2006, 04:30 PM
They are both chick singers, but one i hardcore. The other is not. Is that what your saying? Shes number 2 because their both girls?

HeadAroundU
05-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I admit that it's not 100% clear. There is misunderstanding because I'm from Slovakia.

Anyway I think she looks like Avril because she is tiny, she has the same haircut and the style of 15 years old teenager. She has similar color of voice and even style of singing except hardcore moments (screaming,roaring).

She ripped her off. So I gave her the name "Hardcore Avril Lavigne #2". :cool:

Jesus, it must be clear now, if it's not, ask again. I'll be patient to answer to you because I'm improving my english this way.

HeadAroundU
05-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh, and of course Avril Lavigne is NOT "musically" hardcore.

but there is a good possibility that she is hardcore in the other branch.

Retard
05-08-2006, 12:50 PM
oh yeah forgot to mention, it think its awsome that she screams and shit, one of the reasons why i like it as much as i do.

the lady can scream. :D

skiddles824
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Avril Lavigne isnt hardcore..
Finaly someone with a brain SHE ISNT HARCORE GOD DAMMIT

HeadAroundU
05-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Finaly someone with a brain SHE ISNT HARCORE GOD DAMMIT
No!!, She is!!!!111111 :cool:

H1T_That
05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
This band are fucking amazing. The lead singers voice is brilliant.

I fucking love i'm so sick, fully alive and all around me

HeadAroundU
05-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Cassie and Perfect are also very good! :cool:

Llamas
03-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Whoo hoo, there is a thread about them! I really love them... do they only have one album? I really dig it. Killer songs are Cassie and Breathe Today.

Has anyone seen the acoustic songs from Rolling Stone? This girl's voice is amazing. Here's the acoustic performance of Cassie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCMvQrp8zoI

She seriously looks like an Olsen twin! With no boobies.

And her voice does have a lot of similarities with Avril's. And they look/dress similar... except Avril is fucking annoying.

H1T_That
03-18-2007, 08:32 AM
She's hot.

Jakebert
03-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I've been trying not to do this so much lately, but...

Flyleaf? WTF? They're like Evanescance. Everyone loves them because the singer is a chick, and completely ignores the fact that they suck.

Llamas
03-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Except that Evanescence DOES suck and Flyleaf doesn't. The only thing they have in common is that they are both heavier rock bands with female singers. Evanescence was horrible when I saw them live, and all their songs sound exactly the same. I did like "Bring Me To Life", but the rest of their music is awful. Flyleaf doesn't sound like them. And what? I've never been one to like a band more for having a girl singer. That's just stupid... sorry, man, I usually totally agree with your opinions, atleast somewhat, but it's fully unfair to compare these two bands just because they are in the same genre and have girl singers.

edit: they're not even in the same genre really. Evanescence tries way too hard to be goth. Evanescence = Goth Metal, Flyleaf = alternative metal.

Plus their lyrics are pure shit. Flyleaf's lyrics actually have stories and such.

Jakebert
03-18-2007, 09:18 AM
But I've heard a lot of Flyleaf stuff, and they don't sound even remotely interesting at all. It just sounds like the same by-the-numbers hard rock crap that you see on Fuse every 10 minutes.

Llamas
03-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I'll be the first to admit that their music doesn't bring anything new to the table. They're not inventive or anything, but that's not always the most important part of the equation. I absolutely love her voice and lyrics, plus I love how she uses her voice with the music. Usually a voice like hers is used in shitty cheesy pop, so it's hard to find a voice like hers used in heavier music.

Also, I think it's fully unfair to say that not being musically creative means a band sucks. I just think that there are more factors to be judged than pure creativity.

Jakebert
03-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Creativity isn't just about doing things no one has heard before, it's also about doing things that people have heard before with an original spin. They don't do that, and all of their songs sound incredibly generic and forgettable. And with heavier music, generic is horrible because heavy music is really easy to make boring.

Llamas
03-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I still don't think creativity is the most important, no matter how you define it.

I personally don't think they sound generic and forgettable. Their songs get stuck in my head quite a bit, also. I agree that heavy music is easy to make boring, and that's why it's harder for me to find heavy music that I really like... which means there must be something about Flyleaf for me to really like them.

HeadAroundU
03-18-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm trying to download all of their songs but it's a pain in the ass.

Here's a cool site with all the b-sides in a player on the left.
http://www.flyleafonline.com/
I love Ocean waves, Penholder, Tina and Something I can never have.

Yeah, they have only one album and shitloads of EPs, check discography on flyleafonline.

She is such a small girl, 4'11'' I think.

Corpse
03-21-2007, 01:23 PM
I saw them support Stone Sour in Birmingham couple of weeks ago.

They were quite good, could harldy hear her voice though, she seemed really nervous for some reason...

Gustavo
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
i love flyleaf!
i'm addicted to All Around Me!
man, that's perfect!
i have heard this music before the video came out, but now i'm addicted to it!

Corpse
10-02-2007, 11:47 AM
For people who don't know

when Korn tour the UK in Jan 2007

Flyleaf will be supporting.

Got my tickets :D.

H1T_That
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
For people who don't know

when Korn tour the UK in Jan 2007

Flyleaf will be supporting.

Got my tickets :D.

Shame it was 10 months ago then, ey?

Corpse
10-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Shame it was 10 months ago then, ey?

Ahaha, very good :p.

2008!!!

Yes.

January 20th 2008
Birmingham Academy
Korn + Flyleaf.
Im there.

GBH2
10-04-2007, 08:31 PM
flyleaf blows
on MTV=not hardcore (no you're not harcore - unless you live hardcore - but the legend...of the rent...was WAY HARDCORE) sorry, i couldn't help myself

the only band with a chick singer i listen to is probably X. chick singers and punk rock/hardcore don't normally mix well

BustedKnuckles
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
flyleaf blows
on MTV=not hardcore (no you're not harcore - unless you live hardcore - but the legend...of the rent...was WAY HARDCORE) sorry, i couldn't help myself

Am I the only one on here that understands that "hardcore" is meant as musically "hardcore" and not that the person is "hardcore?"

IAmARevenant
10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
^
well there's you and me......and pretty much no one else.

Anyways, I really, really, like REALLY dislike this band.

coke_a_holic
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Yo, guys, what the fuck is irony? Seriously, it confuses the fuck out of me... Like... people saying things they don't mean, but for humor or some shit? Gay.

Gustavo
10-11-2007, 12:05 PM
well, flyleaf is great!
:D
My friend introduced me to the band, i listened to "i'm so sick", and i loved it.
Now i'm addicted to "All Around Me".