PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm.......

Thomas
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay, last night I had a very weird dream. I dreamt that I heard the entire new Offspring album. I must say, it was very VERY good. There was just one catch. It was all electronica and shizz. I can't explain it, but despite it's techno-ness, it was really rockin'. I don't really want a techno album, but I do remember this being incredibly awesome. I wouln't mind maybe one song on the new album being a bit techno-esque. I think it would be kinda cool, as long as they don't overdo it. Y'know what I mean?

Now for one question... If they do make an electronica album, does that mean that I'm psychic? Or does it just mean that I am insane? Discuss.

Mr. Noodles
05-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Strange dream. If it is actually gonna do techno, it would still be good. It would still have Dexter's awesome, deep lyrics and it still would have some drumming or guitar. Or was it a synth-album? Anyway, I do think that still would be an interesting idea. I don't really listen to techno very often, nor do I really mind it, but I've heard some really good techno.

Thomas
05-03-2006, 09:13 PM
No, it wasn't synth. It was like, hardcore techno. I don't know what they term is and I can't describe it, but I know what it sounds like in my head and it was really awesome. It was like techno with guitar and drums wailing away with Dexter rocking out like it was punk. Hmmmmmm.........Punk-Techno? I do believe that I have just invented a new genre here...

Mr. Noodles
05-03-2006, 09:16 PM
No, it wasn't synth. It was like, hardcore techno. I don't know what they term is and I can't describe it, but I know what it sounds like in my head and it was really awesome. It was like techno with guitar and drums wailing away with Dexter rocking out like it was punk. Hmmmmmm.........Punk-Techno? I do believe that I have just invented a new genre here...
It would be techno. Me and my mom once talked about the similarities of synth and techno. She said that techno is not just entirely made with snythesizers (spelling?), it also contains guitar and drums. That was about a 4th of a year ago. That doesn't sound like a bad idea for a genre, actually quite good.
EDIT: I meant to say NOT JUST.

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 09:17 PM

Well... I heard once (correct me if I'm wrong) that Offspring it's one of the... first happy punk bands

Thomas
05-03-2006, 09:18 PM
No, I don't mean synth at all. What I was thinking about was like lots of digital effects to go along with the guitar and drums. I think it would be quite cool.

Mr. Noodles
05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
No, I don't mean synth at all. What I was thinking about was like lots of digital effects to go along with the guitar and drums. I think it would be quite cool.
Have you heard the song "We're Only Gonna Die (Of Our Own Arrogance" by Bad Religion? I've only heard the version that featured Sublime, but there were some digital sound effects in the song.
Sorry, I went off-topic real quick? Who cares if it didn't have to do with the Offspring? (Ya know, what I just said.)

Thomas
05-03-2006, 09:26 PM
No, I mean like full blown electronic effects. Not just little things to add to the rhythm, I'm talking the main rhythm section and have Noodles just wailing in his guitar for back up. ugh. nevermind...

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
No, I mean like full blown electronic effects. Not just little things to add to the rhythm, I'm talking the main rhythm section and have Noodles just wailing in his guitar for back up. ugh. nevermind...

Like Hit That???? Or Maybe kinda Defy you?

Mr. Noodles
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Sorry to frustrate you, but do you mean like in Hit That?

Thomas
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry to frustrate you, but do you mean like in Hit That?
No, I mean with full techno rhythms. Not just a techno-like beat that comes in every once in a while! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *rips hair out*

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 10:21 PM
No, I mean with full techno rhythms. Not just a techno-like beat that comes in every once in a while! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *rips hair out*

Like Daft Punk? :eek:

Thomas
05-03-2006, 10:27 PM
..........I have no idea what that is.........

Me no tru punx. :(

T-6005
05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Jaysus, people.

He said it was techno. Plus instruments. But at the core, it's techno. NOT like Hit That.

I'm not sure myself, but I'm assuming it's a bit closer to the middle of AFI's Death of Seasons, although even more techno, from the way he talks about it.

Thomas
05-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Jaysus, people.

He said it was techno. Plus instruments. But at the core, it's techno. NOT like Hit That.

I'm not sure myself, but I'm assuming it's a bit closer to the middle of AFI's Death of Seasons, although even more techno, from the way he talks about it.

I think you have a basic idea of what i am going for. I didn't neccesarily mean techno "at the core" because I meant to have the guitars, drums, and vocals be a very very large part of the music. I dunno. I'm gonna have to form a band, record a song like this, and tell you all what I mean. =P

EDIT: Actually, maybe techno at the core is what I was going for. GAH! I'm a freak. A freak that needs his sleep or he can't think well. Later, bizzotches.

Llamas
05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I might cry if the next offspring album was techno.

that is all.

Hypodermic_89
05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't think your dream had a special meaning. :)

Emily_offspring_fan
05-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Like Daft Punk? :eek:
hoo..like Daft Punk? No, thanks! :p
Offy, please don't do a techno album.

[technologic...technologic] haha that song
fuck!

Ninty Man
05-04-2006, 07:06 PM
hoo..like Daft Punk? No, thanks! :p
Offy, please don't do a techno album.

[technologic...technologic] haha that song
fuck!

Well, Daft Punk it's more or less good... but.. hey, Offspring it's another stuff

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Okay, last night I had a very weird dream. I dreamt that I heard the entire new Offspring album. I must say, it was very VERY good. There was just one catch. It was all electronica and shizz. I can't explain it, but despite it's techno-ness, it was really rockin'. I don't really want a techno album, but I do remember this being incredibly awesome. I wouln't mind maybe one song on the new album being a bit techno-esque. I think it would be kinda cool, as long as they don't overdo it. Y'know what I mean?

Now for one question... If they do make an electronica album, does that mean that I'm psychic? Or does it just mean that I am insane? Discuss.

lol, that's weird... but you might be right...in a way, i'm hoping they use some cool effects in their songs (FX pedals i mean).