PDA

View Full Version : Re: Photo album My Camera

Tizzalicious
05-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Dave asked what kind of camera I had, and then I had some trouble explaining, which resulted in a few posts of talk, and it'll probably have some more replies, so here's what was said, and a clearer explanation:

Dave, I have a Ricoh Caplio G4 Wide 3.24 mp, nothing special, except maybe that it's a widelens thing, I don't know what that's called in English, it's what photographers use to make hotelrooms look bigger Anyway, I don't try to make anything look bigger on my pics *shifty eyes*, so the awesomenes is probably just because I take millions of pictures because I know if I take one it'll be ugly, so I take 50, so there will be 40 ugly ones, 9 okay ones, and 1 really awesome one.

I think it's called a fish eye.

No, a fisheye makes things round, this just has a wider range, it can fit more things on the picture close to it, without deforming it.

Pheripheric vision?
(Spelling?)

Okay, that's it, I just made this picture to explain what I meant, the top one is what a normal picture does, and the bottom is mine, as you can see it will get more of the things close to the camera on it. But it doesn't deform anything. It does make rooms look spacier though. Anyway, I don't know anything technical, so I guess maybe someone else could elaborate on this if there's more to say.

Edit: I didn't mean to put "MY" all in caps all dextersisMYman-style.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Haha, your camera's pink.

Tizzalicious
05-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Of course, what did you expect?