PDA

View Full Version : Offspring song reviews

Hypodermic_89
05-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Alright, in this thread you can write a review of any Offspring song. I saw all these album reviews so I thought that there should be a thread where you review songs. And if you'd rather see pictures of Dexter or the band or just discuss stuff that are semi-related to The Offspring, check out the other threads and ignore this. This thread is meant for us to discuss The Offsprings music. So don't come here saying "this thread is stupid". I Used The Search Button. Alright I'll start

The Noose.

Great song with awesome tempo and awesome guitar. The very dark lyrics shows that The Offspring hasn't changed too much lyrically, but the music reminds me of AFI. The chorus also gives the image of destruction and chaos, which is typical in Offspring lyrics, and shows that Dexter still knows how to do it. 8/10

HE-HE OOOOW
05-05-2006, 02:24 AM
denial revisited

what i song great guitar, it really makes the song. the lyrics are so amazingly emotional i can't get enough i really can't. the best part of the song is the last verse the line " and when we wrote this story how did it end" really shows to me that maybe dexter or one of them was in a really maybe messy relationship, that they were both trying to get back on track
10/10 wow

OnSpring!
05-05-2006, 02:38 AM
Forever & a Day

One of the best songs ever made by The Offspring.
All is at maximum levels.
Lyrics are strong, powerful and suits perfect with the great musicality.
THE example of how a melodhyc-punk songs should be.

9/10

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
05-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Never Gonna Find Me

Firstly, i'd like to say the lyrics are just great, the lyrics and vocals seem to be the main focus of the song.
It's a good, Hard, Fast, Punk/Rock song. 2:40 run time, which means the song isn't too long, nor too short. The guitar is heavy and has a catchy sound with all the dead notes in the main riff. The backup vocals are done great, all kept into the right tune and sung really well.

Never Gonna Find Me has a good breakdown bridge, yet a very strange way to end the song... This would be because of the lead into Lightning Rod, I think the ending could have been a little different. But without a doubt i give Never Gonna Find Me -

10/10.