PDA

View Full Version : Dammit, I Changed Again - Let's Discuss!

Ceejio21
05-05-2006, 12:14 PM
How's it going?

Hope everyone is good. I was cruising in my car today with the Offspring pumping out of the stereo (as usual) and was listening to my personal favourite 'Dammit, I Changed Again' and I began to think, what is this song actually about? I know it's along the lines of experiencing different feelings from day to day but are there any hidden messages in there? The reason I ask is that A - it's my favourite song, and B - it's unlikely the song will win a Dexter on the song poll. So I was wondering your views.

For example 'Hey come inside, while I stand here acting bold' - what does that mean? Some pyschological reference to try and understand what's going on in someone's head?

Cheers guys, appreciate it.

Over n out

Ceej

skiddles824
05-05-2006, 12:15 PM
can i say somthing off topic and dumb i want to get it out somewere

Mr. Noodles
05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
can i say somthing off topic and dumb i want to get it out somewere
No!
And to tell you the truth, I never really wondered what it was about.

skiddles824
05-05-2006, 12:18 PM
ok............................ :( :( is there a board were i can cause i really need help with it

Mr. Noodles
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
ok............................ :( :( is there a board were i can cause i really need help with it
You could ask Thomas, he analytically observes the lyrics and discovers the meaning with few flaws. He's quite a pefectionist!

skiddles824
05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
...whos thomas.......

Mr. Noodles
05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
...whos thomas.......
That's his new name. He used to be drummerguy something (forgot the numbers).

skiddles824
05-05-2006, 12:30 PM
ok thanxs

now peeps back on topic :D

Nintendo_Offspring
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
How's it going?

Hope everyone is good. I was cruising in my car today with the Offspring pumping out of the stereo (as usual) and was listening to my personal favourite 'Dammit, I Changed Again' and I began to think, what is this song actually about? I know it's along the lines of experiencing different feelings from day to day but are there any hidden messages in there? The reason I ask is that A - it's my favourite song, and B - it's unlikely the song will win a Dexter on the song poll. So I was wondering your views.

For example 'Hey come inside, while I stand here acting bold' - what does that mean? Some pyschological reference to try and understand what's going on in someone's head?

Over n out

Ceej

I have no idea what that particular line means. Other than the obvious, which you've already stated, I couldn't tell you of any hidden messages within the song. I love the middle of the song, where the vocals stop and only a guitar and a cool drum line play. That song kicks ass, for sure, but it's not my favorite. :cool:

Amazed
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
How's it going?

Over n out

Ceej

I've actually been wondering about what those lines mean too. And yeah, it's a great song. :)

offspring_freak_3
05-05-2006, 05:44 PM
maybe the way they changed a little bit their songs (style?) since they moved to columbia. but i dont think its it, its just a guess

Not special
05-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Ya... that line makes me think, what does it means?
The whole song kick ass!

Ceejio21
05-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah it's an awesome song and that's why it'd be cool if Dexter could give us a run down of what it's about. It'll never win the 'Dexter on Song' poll but we do know that Dexter and Noodles read the boards, so who knows!?

This song needs to be reinstated into the live setlist aswell, it really gets the crowds going, for me it opitomises what this band is about, in terms of sound and song structure.

Ceej