PDA

View Full Version : My hippie deodorant works better than my real, aluminum-filled deodorant

Little_Miss_1565
05-06-2006, 12:41 PM
wtf?

http://albabotanica.com/images/uploads/43f655439d8d5.jpg , ftw!

(mine is the one on the right)

So I thought all the chemicals and aluminum and crap were supposed to work the best. Seriously, this stuff is teh awesome. Now I won't get so much Alzheimers and breast cancer!

Discuss how awesome I smell, and how I'm not getting dread disease from my deodorant.

Little_Miss_1565
05-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Check the label--if you bought it at a major supermarket or pharmacy, it probably does.

Jebus
05-06-2006, 12:48 PM
My deodorant is better because it has a power stripe for ultimate protection :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
05-06-2006, 01:11 PM
DAMN, you are rubbing aluminum AND gasoline-like fuels on your armpits every day. Isn't it scary to read the ingredients on some products?

I think my terrible general health is radicalizing me in favor of homeopathic health solutions. I'm still dedicated to my allopathic medications--my fibromyalgia and terrible allergies can't be fought without them. Maybe it's the fibro, which makes me more sensitive to a lot of things, but now that I've been going more and more organic with food and beauty products, I've been feeling better, especially after I started using a neti pot.

I think now I might indulge in one of my favorite homeopathic things--a nap!

All About Eve
05-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Sorry, if you smell good, you can't be a punker. Get out.

Betty
05-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Mmm... aluminum zirconium.

I live and breathe toxic cancer-causing chemicals everyday. I'm going to die so young.

Vera
05-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I hate spray-on deodorant. I've always been more of a fan of the roll-on stuff, even if it may have stained my shirts a couple of times (usually I allow it to dry properly, though).

the_GoDdEsS
05-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Aluminium chlorohydrate. Oh that so wins. Oh well, if I had to pay attention to all this shit, I'd go crazy.

Mota Boy
05-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I live and breathe toxic cancer-causing chemicals everyday. I'm going to die so young.
Either that or acquire super powers.

Endymion
05-06-2006, 05:28 PM
before anyone freaks out over aluminum, wiki:

"It has been suggested that aluminium is a cause of Alzheimer's disease, as some brain plaques have been found to contain the metal. Research in this area has been inconclusive; aluminium accumulation may be a consequence of the Alzheimer's damage, not the cause. In any event, if there is any toxicity of aluminium it must be via a very specific mechanism, since total human exposure to the element in the form of naturally occurring clay in soil and dust is enormously large over a lifetime."
"Studies have not shown convincing links with toxins, vitamins, metals or diet. There have been studies that link aluminium to the progression of Alzheimer's, but the results from these studies have not been confirmed and are not widely accepted by Alzheimer's experts."
and...
"In research published in the Journal of Applied Toxicology, Dr. Philippa D. Darby of the University of Reading has shown that aluminum salts increase estrogen-related gene expression in human breast cancer cells grown in the laboratory. These salts' estrogen-like effects have lead to their classification as a metalloestrogen."

for the record, aluminum has no beneficial affects so avoidance of it is, at worst, a non-event and at best it could prolong your life. err on the side of caution if you wish.

Little_Miss_1565
05-06-2006, 05:45 PM
for the record, aluminum has no beneficial affects so avoidance of it is, at worst, a non-event and at best it could prolong your life. err on the side of caution if you wish.

Considering my body hates me to the point that I'm sure I'll grow a prostate just to get cancer in it, I'm definitely erring on the side of caution. But unless I'm mistaken, that last quote there linked aluminum to breast cancer. Dudes get breast cancer too, you know. And come on, with that hair you best sympathize with the hippies. ;)

Endymion
05-06-2006, 05:47 PM
i'm not a biologist by any means so i'm not really sure, but i think it said that *if* you have breast cancer, aluminum will make it fuck with your body more than it normally would.

we need our medical student in here, stat!

Little_Miss_1565
05-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Should we run tests on anyone on the bbs? ;)

calichix
05-07-2006, 12:11 AM
dude, I bought hippy deodorant cause I'm an eco-friendly little bitch but it was lavender and was just ultra gross mc grossmerson. and it was all slimey. where'd you find this miracle hippy deodorant?

Izie
05-07-2006, 02:35 AM
I hate spray-on deodorant. I've always been more of a fan of the roll-on stuff, even if it may have stained my shirts a couple of times (usually I allow it to dry properly, though).

Ditto.

Except I'm more of a perfume user, to be honest. The deodorants that actually STOP you from sweating freak me out :/

the_GoDdEsS
05-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Lolz, I use both spray-on and roll-on. I'm crazy.

Vera
05-07-2006, 03:00 AM
I don't use strongly scented deo's, either, I prefer to slap on a bit of perfume instead.

Anti-perspirants, yeah, they're not very healthy to use.

Izie
05-07-2006, 03:22 AM
This is just one of the subjects where I'll completely agree with Sanni.

Deodorant is meant to make you not smell bad, perfume is made to make you smell good. Or such is my motto.

Tizzalicious
05-07-2006, 04:10 AM
I agree with my buttslut once again.

Vera
05-07-2006, 04:27 AM
Get a room and let me watch already. ;)

Mota Boy
05-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey, welcome back. I wasn't on too much back in the day, but your name sends the ol' neurons a'firin'.

Endymion
05-07-2006, 11:49 AM
...wrong thread?

killer_queen
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
I never use deodorants. Sometimes I use roll-on but I rarely sweat, my body is a little weird.

But I always use perfume, even when I'm not going out. It might be just a big waste of money but I don't care since I'm not the one who's earning it.