PDA

View Full Version : amazing gutair player

i_lost_the_war
05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
there is a 13 kid who plays the gutair amazingly good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8&search=guitar

i don't thing noodles has anything on this guy!

no_way
05-07-2006, 03:47 PM
sweet mother of God I'm so gonna marry this kid!
will it be true? i don't think it's fake, looks real
wow
just wow

DeAtHsTaR
05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't think Noodles has anything on anyone.

Well, BJ Armstrong, but I guess he doesn't count.

Jebus
05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I'll shoot myself if I have too see someone else post this. A lot of people have been posting this in some forum I'm part of. You guys are impressed way too easily. It's not that great.

no_way
05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
be 13 again and play like that

Jebus
05-07-2006, 04:24 PM
where does it say he's thirteen?

no_way
05-07-2006, 04:28 PM
here:

there is a 13 kid who plays the gutair amazingly good!

i believe him

Jebus
05-07-2006, 04:31 PM
oh wow! He's thirteen because a stranger says he's thirteen even though there's absolutely no indication or proof of him actually being thirteen! It must be true then. There's no way he could be wrong!

no_way
05-07-2006, 04:36 PM
so what? it's not that he's telling me "your boyfriend is gay and fucked me" could you stop? it's not a biggy. So he just might have 13. end of story. He still rocks

JohnnyNemesis
05-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna cite "i_lost_the_war" in all of my papers from now on.

Conspiracy of One
05-07-2006, 04:40 PM
no_way, even considering that may be the only song he knows? You may be excellent at one song, but if you don't know any others you're worthless.

no_way
05-07-2006, 04:44 PM
no_way, even considering that may be the only song he knows? You may be excellent at one song, but if you don't know any others you're worthless.

no you're not worthless, do you even play the guitar?, to know that song you need techniques, and it doesn't matter if he doesn't know any other songs (which I doubt), if he knows that one, he can perfectly learn any other in a few secs.

coke_a_holic
05-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Ooh, he can memorize a pre-written song! I'd like to see some stuff he's composed himself before claiming he's amazing.

Jebus
05-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I hate some peoples's attitude. They're like ZOMG! He's playing classical music on a distorted electric guitar! He must be some sort of god!

I'd like to see him improvise and play with such gracefullness and oarsome technique as these guys
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4000832980315711059&q=mclaughlin

JohnnyNemesis
05-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Wait, why are you all talking about guitars? I thought this kid played the gutair.

Revolver-2005?
05-07-2006, 04:50 PM
He's not god, but hey it wasn't that bad.

0r4ng3
05-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Wait, why are you all talking about guitars? I thought this kid played the gutair.
Yeah, I'd like to see him play the durms!

JoY
05-07-2006, 05:15 PM
major lolz @ Ricky & Jesse.

if someone thinks the boy's good, he/she thinks he's good. you don't actually really have to tell someone their opinion is wrong. unless you're lyke, jealous, or something. so fine, he can play the guitar, a topic has been made about it, some people are amazed by the kid's skills, FINE. stop trying to convince people that he might actually be 50 years old, will only know one song in his entire life, is not as good as wahwahwah, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. as if it's WRONG to feel a positive emotion as appreciation & admiration for someone('s skills). as if there are actually people (that you don't actually know, have done nothing to you & all that jazz) that are unworthy of a bit of appreciation.

it just ticks me the fuck off.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-07-2006, 05:50 PM
to know that song you need techniques

Incorrect. One of the first songs I ever learned on bass was Smoke on the Water (the HARD bass version, not the piss one). I'd been playing for maybe a week. Contrary to popular opinion you only need a LOT of persistance.

one_fine_day
05-07-2006, 06:05 PM
i can probably play up to about 1:40 of that. the rest is pretty insane

it sounds like dragonforce, but i wasn't paying attention to who they said the band was in the begining, if they did mention it

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-07-2006, 06:08 PM
It's nothing like Dragonforce. It's nowhere near fast enough, for a start. Sounded like Sonata Arctica to me.

one_fine_day
05-07-2006, 06:10 PM
well the quality and the overusage of pinch harmonics remind me of something dragonforce would do. and dragonforce isn't all fast crazy finger-steroid music

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-07-2006, 06:23 PM
It's a hell of a lot faster than that. And loads of bands overuse pinch harmonics. That doesn't sound like Dragonforce.

coke_a_holic
05-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Pinch harmonics aren't cool when they're on every 3 notes.

Jebus
05-07-2006, 06:37 PM
*cough* Zack Wylde *cough*

The Talking Pie
05-08-2006, 02:13 AM
That song's fun to play. Just wish I could pull off sweep-picking. I used to know a fourteen year old kid in my old school who could improvise like that. I envied him so much that if I hadn't ever seen him play I wouldn't have been determined to go out and learn how to solo.

killer_queen
05-08-2006, 10:01 AM
That kid is good but not especially so. He's talented and he must be hardworking but that's all. Amazing is not the right word to describe him.Personally I prefer watching Jebus playing guitar.

Sorry but this is bullshit. Knowing and not knowing songs have nothing to do with being talented. My piano teacher had always encouraged me by saying "if you can play Rachmaninoff's concertos you can play anything else". And obviously, he knows a lot more than you about playing instruments.

JoY
05-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry but this is bullshit. Knowing and not knowing songs have nothing to do with being talented. My piano teacher had always encouraged me by saying "if you can play Rachmaninoff's concertos you can play anything else". And obviously, he knows a lot more than you about playing instruments.
oh if he wants to convince himself the boy can only play one single song, let him. it's so embarrassing to admit to jealousy.

FOXMAN
05-08-2006, 11:07 AM
He was fucking good! Congratulations to the kid!

platinumpt
05-08-2006, 12:53 PM
The kid's (he might be 13 indeed, even though I can hardly see his face, but from what I see he looks young) playing sounds very nice and melodic to me. Really good actually - I enjoyed his performance quite a lot. He surely had to do a lot of practicing before playing like that. Is it me or some of you look a weeee bit jealous? Maybe it'd be a nice idea to create a thread in which people would compete to see who plays better whichever instrument? I dunno, 'twas just a thought, and it could shake things up a bit.

The Talking Pie
05-08-2006, 03:32 PM
I think that's an excellent idea. I tried setting up a guitarin' competition on here years ago, but no one was interested.

And yeah, this thread stinks of jealousy.

coke_a_holic
05-08-2006, 03:56 PM
There's no doubt the kid is good with technique, I just don't see how someone can be judged on their playing solely off of their ability to play a pre-composed song. One's ability as a musician is judged off of more than just your technique; their ability to compose music of a high calibur is also very important. Like I said, I'd really like to see something he made up himself before claiming that he is as amazing as the thread creater is stating.

The Talking Pie
05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
The kid's saying nothing, though. He recorded himself and posted it online, just like loads of us do here in the 'videos of you playing your instrument' thread. Plus the fact remains that even if we're just disagreeing with people on the internet saying he's good, well, he's still better than any of his critics, so only jealousy prevails.

All About Eve
05-08-2006, 04:40 PM
If if sounds like anything, it's Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

0r4ng3
05-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Enough of this discussion, I wanna hear some durms!

All About Eve
05-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Just for you, Jesse. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QW2sqOmw624&search=monkey%20drum)

You can't hear it, but just look at that skill!

Zack
05-08-2006, 10:17 PM
all i have to say is wow

JoY
05-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Enough of this discussion, I wanna hear some durms!
that was just pushing it too far.

JoY
05-09-2006, 05:20 AM
The kid's saying nothing, though. He recorded himself and posted it online, just like loads of us do here in the 'videos of you playing your instrument' thread. Plus the fact remains that even if we're just disagreeing with people on the internet saying he's good, well, he's still better than any of his critics, so only jealousy prevails.
fully agreed.

T-6005
05-09-2006, 09:43 AM
I think that's an excellent idea. I tried setting up a guitarin' competition on here years ago, but no one was interested.
That sounds cool. I'm a horrible guitarist, so I probably wouldn't even bother, but it does sound cool.

ofsmurfsandpixies
05-09-2006, 11:15 AM
i just turned 14 + i can play like that-its not all that hard.

coke_a_holic
05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
That sounds cool. I'm a horrible guitarist, so I probably wouldn't even bother, but it does sound cool.
I would also join, that would just be a really cool idea.

All About Eve
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I'd join, and show off my impressive and swoon worth pentatonic scale skillz.

JoY
05-09-2006, 07:07 PM
i just turned 14 + i can play like that-its not all that hard.
yeah but its lyke teh olny song u can plai rite?

Jebus
05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
The kid's saying nothing, though. He recorded himself and posted it online, just like loads of us do here in the 'videos of you playing your instrument' thread.
Yes, that kid put the video up online just like us in the "videos of you playing your instrument" thread. If the person had actually come into the our bbs and posted it, I'd commend him on his skill and good work. This case is different because it was just a random kid posting a video of what he thought was mind blowing. Even though the guy is good, I don't think the video itself is thread worthy since it's nothing overwhelmingly special. Then no_way tried justify the thread by claiming he's 13, which he probably isn't.

Plus the fact remains that even if we're just disagreeing with people on the internet saying he's good, well, he's still better than any of his critics, so only jealousy prevails.
Jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with this. It's like when people critisize proffesional basketball players even though they aren't any better than the pros by a long shot. It's not jealousy. I just like to be informative and I have a bad habit to try to "educate" because posts like these are infact wrong.

if he knows that one, he can perfectly learn any other in a few secs.

0r4ng3
05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
No durms yet. I am not amsued.

All About Eve
05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
I posted some on the last page.

Jebus
05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
how's that a durm?

0r4ng3
05-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Really? I must have missed it.