PDA

View Full Version : leeds carling weekend

adman666
05-08-2006, 04:34 AM
there rumored for the download festival so does anyone think they will be playing at the carling weekend mainly leeds as thats the one i will be at.

Rinoa
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
I hadn't planned to go to the Carling or Download festivals this year due to a lack of money. But if the rumours are confirmed and The Offspring do turn up in the UK I'm going to one of those festivals no matter what!

icklebabygremlin
05-08-2006, 10:15 AM
The line up for leeds and reading has already been comfired and offspring arent on it =[ but im still going

Rinoa
05-08-2006, 10:20 AM
There'll still be more bands announced between now and August, so I guess there's still a minor bit of hope.

I just wish I saw The Offspring at Reading two years ago :(

InvisibleFlyingGuy
05-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah I hope they play at Reading this year.....Not too sure if they will or not, they seem to have been very quiet about what they're doing this summer so you never know.

I doubt they'll play download..its a proper metal fest (mainly) and I'd be pissed if they do cos Im going to Reading and dont really wanna pay to go to download as well.

They were quality at Reading 2 years ago and recorded part of the 1st track of Splinter there which was cool. They were also good as Brixton last year, but the best time I saw them I think was when they played London arena on the Conspiracy tour - they had a fat dude do intermission and everything! They were also quality supporting AC/DC at Milton Keynes in 2000.

I would love to see them on a small stage but smallest I have seen them on is Brixton. And they were good, but didnt play enough old stuff.

They played on a boat on the Thames a few years back but you had to win tickets which I didnt which was a bit shit.

Rinoa
05-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, I would have loved to have been on that boat!

And you'll be glad to know then, that they still haven't been confirmed for Download. And as it's getting closer to the date I have little hope for it being anything more than just a rumour :(

'ave it!!!
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
i hope they dont play at Leeds Fest. simply because on that weekend im in London doing other things

DICKON
05-18-2006, 05:49 AM
i don't think they're gonna do tours untill they've finished their new album

muddymascot
05-18-2006, 05:54 AM
But after finishing, i hope

offspringer24
05-26-2006, 05:14 AM
they wont be playing any summer festivals, i guess there too busy with album :D its also stupid how the offspring(one of the biggest bands on the plaNet) never get the headline slot