PDA

View Full Version : Reel Big Fish

Never Gonna Find Me
05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
No thread for this amazing band? I'm shocked.

Well yeah, clearly I love them. They've been my favourite band in concert so far. :D

www.myspace.com/thereelbigfish

^ Their myspace address so you can see some pictures and hear some songs. :D

SkunkIt
05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
They're ok.

nieh
05-08-2006, 02:19 PM
They're loads of fun. I like them a whole lot and their concerts are some of the best I've been to.

ichoose90
05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
I LOVE Reel Big Fish. They are probably my favorite ska-pop-punk-rock-whatever band. I heard they got dropped from Jive. Fuck Jive. Reel Big Fish can sell records without them.

opivy21
05-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I used to love them. They were the first band that I ever heard, and I went through a short period being obsessed with them. I haven't listened to them for a long time since them. I don't really like 3rd wave like I used to.

I hate that they write songs like Sell Out and release them on a major label.

jacknife737
05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I hate that they write songs like Sell Out and release them on a major label.

Well isn't that the whole point?

For a ska fan, i took a while to get into this band, but they are killer.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I LOVE Reel Big Fish. They are probably my favorite ska-pop-punk-rock-whatever band. I heard they got dropped from Jive. Fuck Jive. Reel Big Fish can sell records without them.Ha that's what I think. I was just watching their DVD and it is so hilarious with the commentary. :D

bouncingcoles
05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
i like reel big fish a lot. although im not too familiar with the new material

bouncingcoles
05-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I hate that they write songs like Sell Out and release them on a major label.[/QUOTE]

its a joke, there arent that stupid

bd007h
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Reel Big Fish is awesome. She Has A Girlfriend Now is one of my favorites by them.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Reel Big Fish is awesome. She Has A Girlfriend Now is one of my favorites by them.I love that song. And also I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend Too is amazing. :cool:

They are actually so fun to play to on the drums.

nieh
05-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Well isn't that the whole point?

Yes. Opivy is just too punk to respect a band that has a sense of irony about being signed to a major label.

DeAtHsTaR
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
RBF is one of my favorite bands.

Lars
05-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Those guys were quite happy to get away from Jive. True.

Great fun and lovely guys as well.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Wow. I'm so glad I actually found some people who like them.

Lars
05-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm envious of the RBF, they got to go do Dubai desert rock this year and I didn't. Stupid horse races that inflate the price of airplane tickets.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Has anyone got their DVD "The Show Must Go Off! Live At The House Of Blues"?

Lmfao. It is so funny - the commentary between Aaron and Scott is so hilarious.

Andy
05-10-2006, 04:41 AM
The live DVD is possibly the second best live DVD I own, I love it. If you're putting on a happy, flamboyant, semi-camp punk show; that's how it's done.

I used to be seriously obsessed with RBF. I remember hearing Beer on some music channel then went straight out and bought their entire back catalogue (which was a pretty big job I'm telling you).

I haven't heard anything post-Cheer Up* yet, and to be honest, I don't think I do. I think I heard a new song at reading 2004 (?) and it seemed pretty dull; boring and without passion.

But yeah, love RBF.

* Don't get me wrong, I love Cheer Up.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-10-2006, 12:28 PM
The live DVD is possibly the second best live DVD I own, I love it. If you're putting on a happy, flamboyant, semi-camp punk show; that's how it's done.

I used to be seriously obsessed with RBF. I remember hearing Beer on some music channel then went straight out and bought their entire back catalogue (which was a pretty big job I'm telling you).

I haven't heard anything post-Cheer Up* yet, and to be honest, I don't think I do. I think I heard a new song at reading 2004 (?) and it seemed pretty dull; boring and without passion.

But yeah, love RBF.

* Don't get me wrong, I love Cheer Up.I still am [as you well know.]

Niekaip
06-06-2006, 07:44 AM
I like them. One of my favourite ska bands.