PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beatles album?

Jakebert
05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm sure this has been done before, but I figured I'd do it anyway.

Mine is The White Album. I love the variety on it. It has pretty songs like "Dear Prudence" and "Blackbird", rockers like "Helter Skelter" and "Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey", and just different stuff like "Piggies" and "Rocky Raccoon".

Abbey Road is in the running for my favorite, and it really close because of the Sun King Medley at the end of the album, but the first half of it has some weaker spots.

I'd just like to hear your favorites and why.

Rinoa
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band for sure. You just can't beat Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and A Day In The Life :)

no_way
05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
i'm not a big fan, but i like songs like "in my life", "yesterday", "get back", and... i don't know what else, but i don't know which album i like the most

oh, and you can use the search tool next time, instead of saying "i'm sure this has been done before"

Jakebert
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
i'm not a big fan, but i like songs like "in my life", "yesterday", "get back", and... i don't know what else, but i don't know which album i like the most

oh, and you can use the search tool next time, instead of saying "i'm sure this has been done before"

I know it hasn't been done in the few months since I've been back, so I really don't give a fuck about searching for it.

All About Eve
05-09-2006, 04:48 PM
The ones that were never made.

no_way
05-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I know it hasn't been done in the few months since I've been back, so I really don't give a fuck about searching for it.

bad bad bad poster

bd007h
05-09-2006, 10:11 PM
either Revolver or Rubber Soul

Zack
05-09-2006, 10:40 PM
sgt. peppers lonely heart club band

killer_queen
05-10-2006, 05:50 AM
I'm sure this has been done before, but I figured I'd do it anyway.
No. I made a "favourite beatles song" thread, not album.

Anyway, the first one I loved was Rubber Soul. Or Help, I can't remember but I loved, you know, songs that I could listen easily.

Then, Sgt. Peppers became my favourite with Lovely Rita and A Day in Life.

Now, it's White Album. Because it has a lot of songs which is a great thing. Piggies, While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Blackbird are my new favourite Beatles songs.

But it's too hard to choose a certain favourite. I hate doing it.

Andy
05-10-2006, 05:53 AM
Highly unoriginal choice, but Sgt. Peppers. For many reasons.

Jakebert
05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
I could never really get into the older stuff. Rubber Soul is alright, but for me, it has too much of their earlier style stuff on it. Revolver and everything after is mainly what I like the most.

BREAK
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
The White Album kills everything else, easily.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Hard Day's Night or Revolver. Probably the latter.

noodle654
05-10-2006, 08:44 PM
The White Album wins

Thomas
05-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Definitely Abbey Road. The way that a lot of the album ties together is brilliant. Actually, the Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End portion was done by our marching band last season. It was really cool.

But after Abbey Road is Sgt. Peppers and then Rubber Soul.