PDA

View Full Version : Hey, random kiddies!

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I've seen this phenomenon occuring a lot recently. Basically, it's with kids (almost always guys) between the ages of 10 and 14. They run up either to their friends or to a complete stranger, and yell "SPUGgAFLOON!" or some other equally OMG RANDOM word. I'm here to put all your minds at rest.

It's not fucking funny.

This whole "random is funny" thing is stupid anyway, but these kids seem to be under the illusion that putting 3 or 4 totally irrelevant syllables together makes them totally witty. And the scary thing is, between their friends, they are.

Ugh.

All About Eve
05-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Besides, it's quite obviously a fliggaspoon.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-09-2006, 05:32 PM
By the way, Windows Messenger must DIE.

Carry on.

Lars
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
http://www.quirkafleeg.com/freak2.png

Do I win?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes, yes you do.

SkunkIt
05-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I've....Ugh.

That reminds me of the time when I was in High School and this girl randomly handed out coffee lids to people saying, "Merry Christmas" in Spring.

Mr. Noodles
05-09-2006, 05:50 PM
That reminds me of the time when I was in High School and this girl randomly handed out coffee lids to people saying, "Merry Christmas" in Spring.
WTF? That makes no sense!

SkunkIt
05-09-2006, 05:50 PM
That was the point.

Mr. Noodles
05-09-2006, 05:52 PM
That was the point.
Yeah, I know. And that made less sense than the rest of the thread.

- -Lauren- -
05-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, that's pretty funny. However, yelling random syllables in peoples' faces is not.

Some things that are random, are funny, like ones that make you go "double-you tee eff?" (example, the coffee lid thing) however, some are just way too random that it's not funny.

SkunkIt
05-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I know. And that made less sense than the rest of the thread.

The story or my post?

Sin Studly
05-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I've seen this phenomenon occuring a lot recently. Basically, it's with kids (almost always guys) between the ages of 10 and 14. They run up either to their friends or to a complete stranger, and yell "SPUGgAFLOON!" or some other equally OMG RANDOM word. I'm here to put all your minds at rest.

It's not fucking funny.

This whole "random is funny" thing is stupid anyway, but these kids seem to be under the illusion that putting 3 or 4 totally irrelevant syllables together makes them totally witty. And the scary thing is, between their friends, they are.

Ugh.

Amen. Although it was pretty funny in six-feet-under when those kids thought it was hilarious to moo at the liquor store guy when he asked for ID, and then they almost shat their pants when one of them pulled out a gun.

Random = not funny.
Random + gun + fear = hilarious

Tizzalicious
05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Didn't you make a thread about this before?

Autonomist
05-09-2006, 11:53 PM
I agree that that'd be more stupid than funny, however if you're quoting Reece Gordon at someone it's completely different.

offspringis the best band
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I know what you mean. But I find that it's not really the randomness that's unfunny. It's mostly the fact that the kids themselves are annoying and crack themselves up. It's the whole "heehee, look at us, we're CRAAAAZY" mentality that's annoying.

Random is often funny. Proof? Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

What a brilliant goddamn show.

All About Eve
05-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Random is often funny. Proof? Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.

What a brilliant goddamn show.
Space Ghost, is and should be regarded as one of, if not the worst show ever.

05-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Space Ghost, is and should be regarded as one of, if not the worst show ever.

In a world populated by Family Guy, American Dad and all other bullshit that McFarlane guy keeps producing, that is very unlikely.

Endymion
05-10-2006, 12:23 AM
i prefer harvey birdman myself, and not solely because the dvds feature wesley willis's "birdman kicked my ass" song as the menu music.

05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
i prefer harvey birdman myself, and not solely because the dvds feature wesley willis's "birdman kicked my ass" song as the menu music.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=62KXm3zhgi4&search=space%20ghost

HERE IS THE SHARK. I'LL PLACE IT RIGHT HERE.

Nicole
05-10-2006, 07:09 AM
I was one of those crazy random misguided kids in high school. We had so many terms that only our tiny incrowd could understand it was ridiculous. At least we had fun. Now when I want to slap young teenagers I'm sure half the reason is because of guilt. The other half being because it's just so totally fucking stupid.

Random seems to be the thing now. At least we were original (in our own sad minds).

Andy
05-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Our school was rife with OMG RANDOMNESS. So much so, I don't want to tell you the full extent of it. Neddless to say, it was fucking stupid. Still is.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Didn't you make a thread about this before?

No, I made a thread about randomness in general. This is more specific.

T-6005
05-10-2006, 08:28 AM
By the way, from the title of this thread, Dave = pedophile.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Would you like some sweeties?

wheelchairman
05-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Hahahahhahahahah Pie Spork! Lool!

Kerr
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm with you all the way - I hate it when people keep on making stupid comments or random words/inappropriate words at inappropriate times and use "lolz random" as an excuse - it's not. Fucking stop it!

Mota Boy
05-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Basically, it's with kids (almost always guys) between the ages of 10 and 14. They run up either to their friends or to a complete stranger, and yell "SPUGgAFLOON!" or some other equally OMG RANDOM word.

It's not fucking funny.
It is funny, however, when you respond by punching the kid in the gut.

Random words are not funny. Random violence, however...

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2006, 03:58 PM
It is funny, however, when you respond by punching the kid in the guy.

Unintended lawlz!

nieh
05-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Skiddamarinkydinkydink. Skiddamarinkydoo.

Sin Studly
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Random violence is indeed totally funny.

Betty
05-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I've never experienced this whole random overexaggeration phenomenon.

So its existence kinda pisses me off 'cause it ruins it for the rest of us. I think random can be funny. Like, you look out your window and suddenly see the most ridiculous random sight. Hilarious. Screw you, mystical random kiddies, when I want to find humour in random occurences, I'd rather it not be undermined.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
05-10-2006, 08:23 PM
That's dumb. If I EVER go up to random people and say something random, it is "Where are your pants, Pablo?".

Anyway the whole idea is just like that Millynokis fat kid from MTV.

wheelchairman
05-10-2006, 11:24 PM
That's dumb. If I EVER go up to random people and say something random, it is "Where are your pants, Pablo?".

Fuck you fail at life. This was painful to read.

Ultima94
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I've never experienced this whole random overexaggeration phenomenon.

So its existence kinda pisses me off 'cause it ruins it for the rest of us. I think random can be funny. Like, you look out your window and suddenly see the most ridiculous random sight. Hilarious. Screw you, mystical random kiddies, when I want to find humour in random occurences, I'd rather it not be undermined.

Ummm...... what?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM

That's EXACTLY what I mean. Congratulations for demonstrating it perfectly.

killer_queen
05-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I really have no idea about what you guys are talking. Never seen someone who finds random words funny. Only a couple of times people said "lolz, pie" or "i like pie" on the internet and I thought it must be a joke from a TV show that I don't know. Now, I just can't imagine how anyone could find random words funny. It must be annoying.

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
i may be a kiddie but i think this is anoying today this kid came up and went
"Sh-imone-heho"

lost_nvrfound
05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Skiddamarinkydinkydink. Skiddamarinkydoo.

iiiiiiiiiii loooooooove yoooooooouuuuu

(best song ever incase some you don't know...)

goddamn "random" preppy bithces... dammit! any of you got any food that you'd be willing to share? i haven't eaten a goddamn thing since 5 last night...

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Lost nvrfound in youre photo bucket did you draw those pics?

lost_nvrfound
05-11-2006, 12:59 PM
pretty much... cept the photoshopped one... obviously that was done on the computer

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 01:02 PM
those are wicked drawings!!!!!!!!!!!!

lost_nvrfound
05-11-2006, 01:03 PM
grazie... i've put a lot of time into them... thats not even half of my collection... i've gotten lazy in updating my album lately...

Nineteen Seventy Nine
05-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Fuck you fail at life. This was painful to read.

That's EXACTLY what I mean. Congratulations for demonstrating it perfectly.

From looking at the first quote I cannot tell if the second quote was sarcasm.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-11-2006, 08:56 PM
It's not sarcasm. You've demonstrated my point perfectly.