PDA

View Full Version : Evil Bible

- -Lauren- -
05-09-2006, 06:31 PM
search button = nothing.

alright. that's cleared.

well, here's this site: you really should click it (http://www.evilbible.com/) and it's called evilbible.com. it's pretty hilarious on it's views on Christianity. you should check it out.

excerpt from it: "You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky."

From "Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian"

EDIT: read the top ten list.

Sin Studly
05-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Contradictions in the Bible? Woah!

- -Lauren- -
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Still, pretty cool.

Would be greatly appreciated if other people would input their thoughts on this site.

skiddles824
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
my god its fucking halarious :D :D

- -Lauren- -
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
bumpzorz

I think more people should see this, as how it is completely hilarious.

BREAK
05-17-2006, 08:22 PM
The Bible is pretty hilarious enough by itself, I don't need no website for to point that out to me.

Preocupado
05-17-2006, 10:23 PM
i prefer Sex In Christ (http://www.sexinchrist.com/) . The arguments are cynical, but clever.

Sunny
05-18-2006, 10:07 AM
the 'sex in christ' person needs to get laid desperately.

and the original website... puh, anyone who's read the bible already knows it. hardly anything surprising. *shrugs* people who take the bible literally make me quite sad.

Sunny
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM
..and did i mention i'm not particularly fond of atheists? yeah, well. i am not.

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2006, 10:09 AM
..and did i mention i'm not particularly fond of atheists? yeah, well. i am not.

I love you for that.

Sunny
05-18-2006, 10:11 AM
thank you, i get a lot of shit for it from quite a few people.

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm an atheist. Insofar as I don't believe in God, not that I feel the existence of organized religion is a threat to my own believes, and that it is my personal mission to destroy religion

Yeah, atheists are douches. But it seems to only be a problem (to be a christian, or an atheist or whatever) in places where people actually care. I live in the most apathetic place in the world. Everyone is a member of the church, no one actually attends, or like thinks about God.

And the only good site on religion is www.skepticsannotatedbible.com None of that other crap is of any value whatsoever.

-WCM

Sunny
05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
i've said this already, but.. well, i personally have no problem with people not believing in god OR subscribing to any kind of religion.. as long as they don't 1) harm others 2) get all self-righteous on my ass and try to convince me that *my* beliefs are wrong.

you might very well be right about the apathy thing.. and, well, such is not the case in the US, it seems.

the atheists i'm talking about literally drive me up the wall. not only do they claim to KNOW for a FACT that there is no god, they also claim to know what happens after death (hah), and are not willing to consider the possibility that they might NOT be as omniscient as they act. their close-mindedness is strangely similar to that of the GOD H8S FAGS fundamentalist christians.

(oomg, i hate repeating myself)

every time I try to have an intelligent and respectful discussion with any of these fucktards, their immediate response is "LOLZ UR CATHOLIC". nevermind the fact that i'm, yknow, not.

furthermore, they tend to write off ALL spiritual - not just religious - practices as ridiculous superstitions. christ. blood boils.

anyway. i'll shutup now. i get way too pissed about all this. in any case, the website you gave me links to some kind of a directory website with sponsored listings.. meep?

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
I just fixed the link. Apparently I suck at spelling.

And I know the kind you mean. We've had similar types on the bbs. The first one ever, being some guy named Totem I think. haha good time. That and an ex of yours was quite vocal on the issue as I recall. But that might've been a gimmick.

- WCM

Sunny
05-18-2006, 11:59 AM
the ex of mine you mentioned is indeed quite militant on the issue. he is one of the people i can't handle talking to, because his ignorance makes me feel like blood is gonna spurt out of my ears. you should hear his ramblings on tibetan buddhism, they're quite delightful.

thanks for fixing the link!

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I've talked to Maoists on Tibetan buddhists. I imagine it's something along the lines of the harsh class system of Tibet before the Chinese invasion and stuff. That however, is not a religious issue.

Preocupado
05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
I liked that Skeptic's Annotated Bible mainly because of what i was going to say:

I hate ready interpretations. Sex In Christ is clever as in humour clever, but if i'd care to think what something means in accordance to the Bible, i'd go straight for the original text.

HornyPope
05-22-2006, 04:47 PM
People need bible to come with a warning label.

http://i4.tinypic.com/10f9g7n.jpg

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Atheists suck. Agnosticism wins.

coke_a_holic
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
For me, I'm not athiest, but I dislike the idea of organized religion. I think it should be on a more personal level where one doesn't have a single set of beliefs that everyone in the group must believe. I don't really know what religion my beliefs fall under, so I've just decided that I won't really answer any religious questions when asked. Most organized religions just put too many ideas together; only a few of the ideas generally seem right for me.

0r4ng3
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Atheists suck. Agnosticism wins.
I'd think from an Agnostic point of view, it would be...

"Does agnosticism truly win?"