PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Iran

sKratch
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
So the US received a letter from the Iranian President Mr. Ahmadinejad. I read a decent article about it earlier, but alas I can't find it again. Ahmadinejad brought up a lot of very good points, on top of a whole lot of borderline crazy shit. Below is a story from ABC (I noticed that it's worded to discredit the letter more than the first article I read today) and various exerpts from the letter obtained by the AP. I'm in the middle of editing a sketch right now so I'll give my two cents a little later.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1939747
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2171991,00.html

EDIT:
Full copy of the letter:
http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_21934.shtml

sKratch
05-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Is this forum dead or are you all just faggots?

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Faggots, definitely.

Anyway. The letter was clearly a performance rather than an actual letter. I'm actually a little too busy freaking out about the whole 'was 9-11 an inside job' thing. That sick feeling I had in my stomach that day as I watched it on the news how Bush kept reading to those kids in Florida as the world was ending, how when the towers came down it was way, way too clean a collapse...I guess it doesn't help that I'm writing a paper about V for Vendetta right now.

The only thing that comforts me is that there's no fucking way we could stage a ground war on a third front (namely, Iran).

HornyPope
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Of course it's a show. The media was guaranteed to pick it up and raise awarness for his arguments.

Concerning the "inside job", Americans are idiots. I mean it. You'll willingly believe that hineous crimes of Saddam, Stalin, Mao and all other evil men that are usualy lumped together in the same, honourary sentance. But that Bush or Cheney or any senior cabinet minister can be responsible for the death of measly few thousand nobodies is unthinkable and rejected by the same crowd. Laugh. You fucking sheltered, naive babies.
That was just a random rant. Not particulary relevant or called for, but true all the same.

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

Radi0_havana52
05-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Bush wiped his ass with it

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Concerning the "inside job", Americans are idiots. I mean it. You'll willingly believe that hineous crimes of Saddam, Stalin, Mao and all other evil men that are usualy lumped together in the same, honourary sentance. But that Bush or Cheney or any senior cabinet minister can be responsible for the death of measly few thousand nobodies is unthinkable and rejected by the same crowd. Laugh. You fucking sheltered, naive babies.
That was just a random rant. Not particulary relevant or called for, but true all the same.

It's a different ballgame when it's your own fucking country and the reality you live every single day. For every "measly few thousand nobodies" who die at once are tens of thousands of friends and families of those "nobodies" who carry that with them, no matter what country they're in. No one wants to believe they live in a place where "evil men" run the show, even if it's true. And if it's a little unsettling to come to grips with that, eat a fucking dick. Not particularly relevant or called for, but true all the same.

HornyPope
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
How is it any different? The aforementioned examples in Stalin, Saddam and Mao have hurt their respective people just the same.

No one wants to believe they live in a place where "evil men" run the show, even if it's true.

That's terrible. It marks complete illusion of reality.

sKratch
05-11-2006, 07:56 PM
For me, one of the more interesting things was how much we're told the East is ignorant of our culture. I've never been too firm a believer of this, always feeling that it is us who are ignorant of the west. This kind of drives that nail home in my head. Whether or not it's a show, the man made a lot of good points. I don't think you can fully disregard the validity of something because of its context.

HornyPope
05-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh the East knows you rather well. At least from tv shows, movies and mass media.

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh the East knows you rather well. At least from tv shows, movies and mass media.

Talk about complete illusion of reality.

10,000 dead in a country thousands of miles away is a tragedy, but you might not cry about it. 10,000 dead in a state 100 miles away gets you where you live. Literally. Dont' give me any of the bleeding-heart garbage about how a death is a death is a death and it should hit anyone with equal gravity. A person cares more when it happens to them or within their own country.

HornyPope
05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Talk about complete illusion of reality.

How? Are you implying that the illusion of reality is the incomplete and unreal picture the Easterners get from movies and tv shows? Perhaps. But how do you know them? And from what source? You haven't see five Persian movies in your life.
I don't blame you. I mean you have other priorities. You have to know what's the deal back home, and in hundred of other foreign countries worth learning about. I'm just backing up Skratch's fact that the Easterners viz memebers of the ex-soviet bloc, middle easterns, indians and asians etc are way more familiar with America than you know about them.

10,000 dead in a country thousands of miles away is a tragedy, but you might not cry about it. 10,000 dead in a state 100 miles away gets you where you live. Literally. Dont' give me any of the bleeding-heart garbage about how a death is a death is a death and it should hit anyone with equal gravity. A person cares more when it happens to them or within their own country.

Uhhh. I never said the opposite. You have quite a habbit to twist around arguments. I was only saying how many other former leaders perpetrated crimes against their own people just as well. It's quite easy if you're absolutly convinced of the right in your actions.

And anyways, if this "inside work" has any truth to it, we're talking about maybe 30-50 people actually knowing of what's going on. Perhaps less. How many among them have family and relatives working in the twin towers? This is a hardly a "tough decision" as far as the career of those secret executives goes. I mean these same people also built twenty fucking thousand nuclear warheads and sit by the red button to release them shall the circumstances force their hand. What do you think they don't know what they're doing? That they never counted how many lives will one missile take? That they never imagined Moscow high in flames with its people burning? That they never ordered an aerial stike on wrong co-ordinates and shot down couple of kids instead?
Crashing planes into a building is a kids play.

"If you persist, I will kill you. And know that it is less pleasant for me to say it than to do it"
Julius Caesar

wheelchairman
05-12-2006, 03:10 AM
Of course the East knows the west better than we know them. Most Americans don't watch foreign films. Most other countries don't have enough of a film industry to not watch American films.

This is not a bad thing. It's nothing to be ashamed of. They have to know about us for many reasons. Maybe they want to work and live in the west. Make business deals with the west. Learn English more fluently. Or simply enjoy American films because they'll generally have a higher budget than local films.

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2006, 11:17 AM
I completely agree with what Per just said.

Whatever, Vlad. Clearly we're not understanding eachother.