PDA

View Full Version : CD pouches suck.

Luriden
05-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I got an iPod, so I started copying my CD collection to my computer to put on the iPod, and I realized that like 10 of my CDs are messed up from one of those CD pouches with the sleeves. Apparently, any CD with a weak label on it got the label scratched off by the sleeves. One of these CD happens to be Conspiracy Of One, which is my 2nd favorite Offspring CD only beaten by Ixnay. It scratched off some of the silver part of the label where the skull is, ruining the end of Want You Bad and pretty much Million Miles Away in its entirety. Luckily I just got a used copy of it from Amazon Marketplace for $1.49. The case is scratched to hell but my case to my old copy is just fine, so I'll do the old switcheroo with it.

But yeah, I'll NEVER trust those CD pouches again. It also ruined my Blink-182 - Mark, Tom, And Travis Show CD, which is out of print now and hard to find (well, it's on eBay, but it's like $30 used).

Fortunately the rest of my CDs that got ruined I couldn't give a shit less about, like Godsmack - Awake, New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too, and Limp Bizkit - Significant Other. It did ruin my Chevelle - Wonder What's Next though, which I really liked, but I could probably find another copy used pretty cheap.

What I'm wondering is how the hell Ixnay On The Hombre survived. Almost the entire label is silver except for the black text, I don't know how or why the pouch spared it, but it did.

Tijs
05-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Same here, just one little grain of sand and it ruins a cd. Luckely only 2 or 3 cd's were damaged and only 1 was original. I keep everything in the original case.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Luckily I don't use cd pouches, and less since you said that. I've never like them. I just carry with all the cds.

Rinoa
05-10-2006, 01:07 PM
The only CD case worth buying would be this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-OFFSPRING-LEATHER-CD-CASE-CAPACITY-24-CdS-MUSIC_W0QQitemZ4857209287QQcategoryZ52473QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And that would be for display purposes only.

Llamas
05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
that blink 182 cd is $20 on amazon...

Luriden
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
that blink 182 cd is $20 on amazon...

Ah, I didn't check there. Thanks for the heads up.

- -Lauren- -
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Why was Ixnay spared and CO1 destroyed?

Simple: CO1 pretty much sucks, and Ixnay is brilliant. God saved Ixnay.

Unnatural Disaster
05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I've never had any problems with a cd pouch.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Why was Ixnay spared and CO1 destroyed?

Simple: CO1 pretty much sucks, and Ixnay is brilliant. God saved Ixnay.
Co1 don't suck.You can't say that.

- -Lauren- -
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Actually, yes I can say that because I have the freedom of speech so I can say what I want. In my opinion, CO1 pretty much sucks.

offspring_freak_3
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
i never has that problem when i used cd pouchs, now i dont really use my originals cds, i keep it and make some copies so i can listen to, other than that is my mp3 player :)

(P.S.: i spend too much money on m y cds, thats why i dont use it, i dont want to damage it, its more to make a collection)

Zack
05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
oh well i got one of those scratch free safe ones, like it has extra special padding so helps so your cds don't get scratched

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Actually, yes I can say that because I have the freedom of speech so I can say what I want. In my opinion, CO1 pretty much sucks.
So, you don't like The Offspring at all. Not liking Co1 is not liking a big era of his history. Original Prankster! THE hit! It's a great cd. All are great. I like all Offspring cds.
Freedom of speech??Well you can, but it depends on where you are, that doesn't apply for all situations. I can't say to my teacher "fuck you stupid" and I have the freedom of speech too.

- -Lauren- -
05-10-2006, 05:43 PM
So, you don't like The Offspring at all. Not liking Co1 is not liking a big era of his history. Original Prankster! THE hit! It's a great cd. All are great. I like all Offspring cds.
Freedom of speech??Well you can, but it depends on where you are, that doesn't apply for all situations. I can't say to my teacher "fuck you stupid" and I have the freedom of speech too.

I didn't say that. I am one of those who love s/t and Ignition, and just about hate Americana. I don't care for the hits that much.

Actually, you can say "fuck you stupid" to your teacher, it's just not a smart thing to do. And in fact, what I've said about freedom of speech about a CD, does apply to this situation.

I'm not the one getting all "WTF? YOU DON'T LIKE CO1? YOU DON'T LIKE TEH OFFSPIRNG THEN!!!111"

Emily_offspring_fan
05-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I didn't say that. I am one of those who love s/t and Ignition, and just about hate Americana. I don't care for the hits that much.

Actually, you can say "fuck you stupid" to your teacher, it's just not a smart thing to do. And in fact, what I've said about freedom of speech about a CD, does apply to this situation.

I'm not the one getting all "WTF? YOU DON'T LIKE CO1? YOU DON'T LIKE TEH OFFSPIRNG THEN!!!111"
I don't wanna argue with you. I just wanna know if you like Co1, but less than S/T and Ignition, or if you don't like it. If you don't like it, then you're not a true fan, in my opinion, somebody should like ALL albums of a band to be a true fan, to be your favourite band.

- -Lauren- -
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't wanna argue with you. I just wanna know if you like Co1, but less than S/T and Ignition, or if you don't like it. If you don't like it, then you're not a true fan, in my opinion, somebody should like ALL albums of a band to be a true fan, to be your favourite band.

Well, the CD sucks compared to Ignition and s/t. Okay? I pretty much hate Original Prankster and Want You Bad, but Million Miles Away is decent. A true fan, in my mind, would be someone who liked them for their much less popular albums. I wouldn't say someone was a true fan for liking all cds, yet considerably favoring Americana and Co1.

But, this is all in my opinion.

Luriden
05-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I LOVE Co1, but not because of either of the singles. Actually, about 90% of the time it seems they pick the worst songs on all their albums to release as singles, which is why I'm in no hurry to pick up the Greatest Hits album. There's a few exceptions here and there, such as Gone away and TKAA, but most of the time they just pick the pop crap to lure in the MTV teenie boppers it seems like.

Co1 really excelled in the NON-singles. Million Miles Away, Dammit I Changed Again (probably my 2nd favorite Offspring song of all time), Special Delivery, Denial Revisited, Vultures, all good songs. Want You Bad was catchy, but never really did anything for me. Same with Original Prankster.

Ixnay will always be my favorite for one reason: Change The World. Best Offspring song of all time. Not saying the others on the album weren't fantastic as well, but had Change The World been on one of their other albums instead of Ixnay, that album would have instantly become my favorite. The song is just that good.

Yeah yeah yeah, Smash had Genocide and the main riff slowed down at the end of the title track, but it's just not the same.

ignition991
05-10-2006, 08:07 PM
I know this is off subject But luriden, is your avatar pikachu shitting? In mid air??

Luriden
05-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Yep. I saw it on some other forum site and thought it was funny, so I stole it.

T-6005
05-10-2006, 10:55 PM
So, you don't like The Offspring at all. Not liking Co1 is not liking a big era of his history.
What the hell is wrong with you? Are you insane?

A true fan, in my mind, would be someone who liked them for their much less popular albums.
This is also stupid bullshit.

I thought you both needed to know that both of your arguments are crap and that you're both wrong.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Yeah, those were both shockingly stupid. Even responding to that first thing Emily said was ridiculous, as it was one of the dumbest things anyone has ever written.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, maybe I haven't written in the correct way, I have no vocabulary, my English sucks, but my opinion is, that a real fan must like all the cds, some less and some more, but liking all.

momo1tx
05-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Being a fan means liking GOOD music by the band (which is why you like them in the first place), and if they put out some shit you don't like then you shouldn't be forced to say you like it to consider yourself a fan.

Rinoa
05-11-2006, 01:36 PM
A fan is someone who really enjoys a band's music. A fan doesn't have to like everything a band creates, in fact a proper fan is someone who can turn around and say they don't like something and explain why. Someone who forces themselves to like a song they're not really keen on but do so anyway because it's their favourite band isn't a "true fan"... just stupidly obsessed and desperate to be the "no. 1 fan".

Luriden
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
A fan is someone who really enjoys a band's music. A fan doesn't have to like everything a band creates, in fact a proper fan is someone who can turn around and say they don't like something and explain why. Someone who forces themselves to like a song they're not really keen on but do so anyway because it's their favourite band isn't a "true fan"... just stupidly obsessed and desperate to be the "no. 1 fan".

Amen to that.

- -Lauren- -
05-11-2006, 05:15 PM
This is also stupid bullshit.

It was not intended that "you are a true fan if...blahdy blahdy blah," what i said. re-read the quote. i wrote "in my mind" specifically meaning "in my opinion"

Llamas
05-11-2006, 06:02 PM

smartest post in this thread.

If you're a fan, you like the music. If you're a fan, you are able to justly critique what the band does. Liking everything so that you can call yourself a fan is bullshit. The Offspring IS my favorite band. If CO1 was their only release, or if all their cds sounded like it, I would not be a fan. I am able to decide what is good about what they do, but also realize that other stuff isn't good.

As far as having to like their non-popular stuff the best to be a real fan, that's also stupid. If the band released it, and you like it, you are a fan. If you LOVE americana, co1, and splinter, but hate all the rest, you're a fan. You're not a diehard fan, and you're not an old school fan, and I think you have less than great taste in music (hehe), but you're a fan of the offspring.