PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, I love my school.

kamikaze
05-10-2006, 06:57 PM
All right, tonight was amazing. Boring, but soooo amazing.

As most of you know, I went to a Catholic school for the first 9 years of my life. During those years, it was assumed I would continue on to Catholic high school. Not so. My mom re-married an anti-Catholic minister, and that was out of the question. We also moved before my last year at MGM (Catholic school) to a very small town. Mercer, to be exact. I was devistated that I wouldn't be able to be with my friends anymore. But then, light! A friend of mine found out that a certain Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails for all of you fagz0rz out there who suck at life) had graduated from Mercer. My dream since the end of 6th grade was that Trent would come back to Mercer someday and rescue me. And it happened. Tonight.

Okay, so he didn't really "rescue" me as I had once dreamed. It was more of, show up. And give a speech about being inducted into our Hall of Fame. And signing my program. And hugging me. And getting a picture with me. But, before I get to that, let me tell you how it started:

My family was nearly late, as usual, and it was hard to find a seat. We got crammed into a tiny corner up front. I'm sitting down for a few moments when a man walks past my table in a black suit and green shirt. He looks oddly familiar. I think, "Wow. That guy sure looked like Trent Reznor." I text Andy with the 411. I turn around to his table and see he's sitting with the Reznors. Now, wait. Why would a Trent-look-alike be sitting with them if he weren't one of them? I text Andy with the 411. The banquet begins and they announce the inductees into the HOF. "Trent Reznor." It's him! I text Andy with the 411.

And that was my evening. Me texting everyone (including your dad, Andy) telling them that I was sitting near Trent Mother Fucking Reznor. Of course, academic dinners are always boring, but he livened it up. Even more so when my pastor step-dad looked at me like I was the devil incarnate.<3

Isolated Fury
05-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Meh...No big deal. My mom graduated with him. He's probably my brother's dad or something.

coke_a_holic
05-10-2006, 07:02 PM
My neighbor went to the same college as Reznor, I think, although it could be the same high school. I know that he was a senior when Trent was a freshman, whichever school it was at.

kamikaze
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Meh...No big deal. My mom graduated with him. He's probably my brother's dad or something.

Yeah, but your mom also said she was going to get us tickets to go see him. And she didn't. And I've never gotten to meet him before. Sorry my probably-once-in-a-lifetime experience isn't a big deal to you.

kamikaze
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
My neighbor went to the same college as Reznor, I think, although it could be the same high school. I know that he was a senior when Trent was a freshman, whichever school it was at.

He went to college in Meadville. Allegheny maybe? I don't remember, nor can I spell it. :(

Jebus
05-11-2006, 08:03 PM
My English teacher went to high school with the RHCP and I went to middle school with this kid who was in this gap commercial. That's as far as my celebrity connections go. =\

SkunkIt
05-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Awesome. The only celebrity at my high school was the old guy with the glasses from American Pie, according to my former chior teacher, asshole and candidate for governer of Colorado. I'm glad he lost. Other than that, in Canada, we had a famous hockey player visit our school, a semi-famous musician and my ex best friend's teacher was related to Guy Herbert (hockey player). But that's about it.

Evka.pl
05-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry my probably-once-in-a-lifetime experience isn't a big deal to you.

hey, it IS a big deal :) i'm not a big fan of 9 inch nails but the fact that u got to meet this guy and hug him is cool enough 4 me ;)

Paint_It_Black
05-12-2006, 07:10 AM
That's pretty cool. You should have told him that his cover of Hurt sucked.

I used to work with a woman who was good friends with the band Prodigy. And my uncle went to school with some of the guys from Blur.

Isolated Fury
05-12-2006, 07:13 AM
I used to work with a woman who was good friends with the band Prodigy. And my uncle went to school with some of the guys from Blur.
You mean possibly one of the guys from Gorillaz!!!11!1!....Or some of the guys from Blur.

*walks away*

Paint_It_Black
05-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Nice, thanks for pointing out I can get a two-for-one out of that.

Isolated Fury
05-12-2006, 07:26 AM
I might not be Jewish...but I still know how to get everything for cheap. :cool:

kamikaze
05-13-2006, 10:10 AM

One of my mom's friend's husband (zlol) grew up with and is still really close to Paul McCartney. I want to meet him. :(

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Sweet deal, Kamikaze!

My friend here at school is from New Orleans, and when she was growing up (before Katrina pwnz0r3d the city) she lived across the street from Reznor. She used to leave oddly dressed Barbies on his doorstep. God love her.

kamikaze
05-13-2006, 10:31 AM
My friend here at school is from New Orleans, and when she was growing up (before Katrina pwnz0r3d the city) she lived across the street from Reznor. She used to leave oddly dressed Barbies on his doorstep. God love her.
*dies laughing* Can't you just see him opening the door & having a complete "WTF!?" moment? Ahahahahah!!

My friend Sean today told me a story about Reznor! I guess his little sister used to "date" Trent's nephew, so his nephew (Damion, I think) was at Sean's house. I guess Trent showed up on his doorstep to pick up Damion. Imagine Sean's "WTF!?" moment!

notoriousdoc
05-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Bill Bailey went to my school.