PDA

View Full Version : This is why Indie kids deserve death.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
After years of avoiding generalizations, this kid just ruined it for the rest of you David Bowie-worshipping elitist bags of shit* out there. Fuck you, you pretentious slimebuckets. Fuck you and fucking die, fuck fuck fuck.

I stumbled across this rant on Audioscrobbler:

I would still very much like to know who here is listening to Arcade Fire, because that is a truly embarrassing activity, like having sex with an old person.

This is a an opportune time for me to mention that if I ever see Coheed and Cambria among the group chart's top ten, I am leaving the group. I'm serious. There is no way that I will ever debase myself by being part of a group wherein people are listening to bullshit like Coheed and Cambria as though they like it. After all, I've been pretty tolerant so far. Despite my listening habits, David Bowie ranks low in the group charts. Nick Drake isn't listed on the charts at all, which is an unmitigated failure for the group and an extraordinary indicator of poor taste for any group even remotely acquainted with any popular music produced in the Western hemisphere. It's embarrassing to me, since I post here and I don't want my reputation to be in any way tarnished by the prominence of repulsive acts like Arcade Fire or Godspeed You! Black Emperor on these charts. The fact that I risk that much is enough to warrant profuse thanks and apology from each and every one of you.

I shall reiterate: if Coheed and Cambria break into the top ten of this group's charts, I am leaving the group so that the rest of you can fill your veins with horse and listen to cloying, artless tripe like Modest Mouse. Then I'll find out which of you were sufficiently obsessed with me and pathetic enough to actually take the time to listen to Coheed and Cambria in the first place (or, if you had half a clue but were equally lame, alter the ID3 tags of a bunch of MP3s to make it look to Audioscrobbler as though you were listening to Coheed and Cambria) in an absurd and successful attempt to drive me away, and I'll chuckle quietly under my breath at you while I engage in some hearty autofellatio.

I haven't even heard most of those bands, but I am shocked and depressed over what a sad waste this person is.

I like me some Bowie too, don't get me wrong.

Mota Boy
05-10-2006, 09:55 PM
The best response to something like that is a simple "You're painfully gay."

T-6005
05-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Who the hell is Nick Drake?

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Mota Boy: Followed up with, ideally, something that would make him cry.

T-6005: I don't know, but I'm sure that, according to this person, you're a lesser human being for not knowing.

Lizardus
05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I shall reiterate: if Coheed and Cambria break into the top ten of this group's charts, I am leaving the group
If i where a menber of that group i would start listening that just to mess with him.

wheelchairman
05-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah that truly is pathetic. It's always very difficult to like people who speak so snobbishly. Impossible when they are douches to boot. I'd agree with Mota entirely.

Try-hards 4 teh suck.

JohnnyNemesis
05-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Very difficult indeed. Fortunately, I've never communicated with this piece of shit.

It seems he has lots of fans in the group where he posted this drivel.

Nicole
05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I would plug Coheed and Cambria as much as possible just to get rid of him.

Mota Boy
05-11-2006, 12:30 AM
The thing is, though, along with the snobbishness comes a sense of self-importance. Playing C&C just validates his personal theory that his opinions on music are important. If he's just called a fag and then promptly ignored (or, if you start listening to music *guaranteed* to piss him off, like, I dunno, 50 Cent or Nickelback to make him have an aneurysm) then he's marginalized. Playing that shit just means that you've altered your habits in reaction to him; makes him think that his opinions are important and reinforces the notion that he's powerful and that everyone else is just a bunch of clueless peons.

JohnnyNemesis
05-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Well said, Mota. My views exactly. I damn near responded to his bullshit, but relented and reminded myself of...well, pretty much what you said.

His name on Last.fm is rbuchanan, by the way.

Sin Studly
05-11-2006, 02:09 AM
David Bowie is indie????? But I worship him :(:(:(:(

Vera
05-11-2006, 02:31 AM
He's posted almost as many posts as he's listened to tracks of music. Now that really tells you something.

All About Eve
05-11-2006, 04:44 AM
This also applies to all those old classic rock fans who think any bands that weren't made before 1980 or aren't Sublime suck.

Andy
05-11-2006, 05:12 AM
The problem here is I actually agree with the bands he dislikes. However, the way he worded that makes him an insufferable prick.

Corpse
05-11-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't get it. Is the person who wrote that a member of C&C, or something else.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Anyone else notice the irony of Rick calling all indie kids pricks because of this one guy, because that guy made sweeping generalisations?

Vera
05-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Anyone else notice the irony of Rick calling all indie kids pricks because of this one guy, because that guy made sweeping generalisations?
Everything Ricky says is perfect. Ur just a jellus homo. :mad: :mad:

Lars
05-11-2006, 09:44 AM
The problem here is I actually agree with the bands he dislikes. However, the way he worded that makes him an insufferable prick.
GY!BE are alright.

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 11:48 AM
What group is he in? I'd kick him out just for being a dick.

lost_nvrfound
05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Is this another alias of Dain's?

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
GY!BE are alright.

Damn, did I miss him dissing Godspeed?

All those bands he disses, he's only dissing them because so many people like them. There is nothing inherently bad about them.

Lars
05-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Damn, did I miss him dissing Godspeed?

All those bands he disses, he's only dissing them because so many people like them. There is nothing inherently bad about them.

Yep

It's embarrassing to me, since I post here and I don't want my reputation to be in any way tarnished by the prominence of repulsive acts like Arcade Fire or Godspeed You! Black Emperor on these charts.

I still don't grasp why so many people like Coheed or Arcade Fire. I've heard the recorded stuff and seen them both live and they have still failed to make me want to listen to them.

Betty
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Arcade Fire used to piss me off, well, not the band, just the fact that they got insanely ridiculously popular for an indie band. Not the popularity itself, just the "why them?" aspect of that popularity.

But after repeated listens, I'm starting to really enjoy them. They're still really lucky in having gained such popularity, but at least they're genuinely good.

JohnnyNemesis
05-11-2006, 02:50 PM

I already alluded to that in the less-than-serious tone of my post. Plus, it's not that he made sweeping generalizations, it's that he is painfully and hypocritically self-righteous in every single word within that rant that makes me honestly wish him the worst. I win, you lose!

What group is he in? I'd kick him out just for being a dick.

Soulseek and Indie Stuff is the group.

They're all like him, pretty much.

H1T_That
05-11-2006, 03:12 PM
i'll be honest, i hate coheed ancd cambria.

however that fag somehow thinks he's above everyone and believes he can threaten people with 'listen to stuff i dont like and i'll levave this group'....i'd vote to kick the ignorant fuck outta the 'group'

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-11-2006, 04:00 PM
I already alluded to that in the less-than-serious tone of my post. Plus, it's not that he made sweeping generalizations, it's that he is painfully and hypocritically self-righteous in every single word within that rant that makes me honestly wish him the worst. I win, you lose!

I wasn't that serious either. I know you least of all are inclined to make sweeping generalisations.

Andy
05-11-2006, 04:51 PM
GY!BE are alright.
They are the only band in that list that I haven't heard much of. However, I trust your musical tastes.

BREAK
05-11-2006, 06:05 PM
All people who take music that seriously are retards and more than likely don't ever get to have any sex.