PDA

View Full Version : hey can someone please fill me in !

theflcguy
05-11-2006, 01:36 PM
have offspring split ? Just like with atom going to angels and airwaves etc . I was soo shocked to see him drumming for a&a and all!! So whats going on are offspring still 2geather? will they be touring any chance i can see them play in teh future? u see i grew up to these guys my first real big band that i liked soo then .

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
i doubt it they would have told us on the home page

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM
They have not split up they are writing songs for a new album but I'm not sure if Atom is still with them.

theflcguy
05-11-2006, 01:50 PM
oooh wikid thanks guys :) right now tell em they gotta play lowlands festival 06 :P hehe

Bloodstains
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
If Atom's left, then how did they not split up? Every band kinda needs a drummer... I doubt he actually left, that rumor's been flying around for ages now... I hope they stay together....

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
i checked the a&a site and they say nothing about atom

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 02:04 PM
ITS TRUE ATOM WENT TO ANGELS AND AIRWAVES I SAW HIM IN A VIDEO WhAt HAS THIS WORLD COME TO NOOOOOOOOOOOO\but the offspring didnt brek up

Tijs
05-11-2006, 02:10 PM
oooh wikid thanks guys :) right now tell em they gotta play lowlands festival 06 :P hehe
Nah they won't. If they would I'd have a ticket right now.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-11-2006, 02:36 PM
i checked the a&a site and they say nothing about atom
Because AVA fans think Atom is ONLY on AVA, that he had never been an official Offspring member (that's what they say).
You can read this other thread for more info, we are discussing the same.
Atom. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23017&page=4&pp=10)

skiddles824
05-11-2006, 02:38 PM
ok then i might have to stop my pissing peeps of A&A forms :( :(
Damm................

forcyn
05-11-2006, 02:58 PM
you guys make me think right now... imagine news on the main page "The Offspring does not exist anymore." that's just scary... maybe they really split and that's why there's no news... uh, I don't want to think about it anymore...

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-11-2006, 03:00 PM
you guys make me think right now... imagine news on the main page "The Offspring does not exist anymore." that's just scary... maybe they really split and that's why there's no news... uh, I don't want to think about it anymore...
but they said they are writing songs for a new album I don't think they would be writing songs if they were planning on splitting up.

forcyn
05-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I know they said that. that's why it make me think so much. they're writting songs, but where's the drummer? it may be like on Splinter but that don't make sense. if Atom is in AVA who will play if Offspring will be on tour? I don't know...

Ninty Man
05-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I know they said that. that's why it make me think so much. they're writting songs, but where's the drummer? it may be like on Splinter but that don't make sense. if Atom is in AVA who will play if Offspring will be on tour? I don't know...

Maybe... Ron Welty... or maybe they will cast a new fan drummer

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-11-2006, 03:18 PM
don't they have to do at least two more albums because of their record contract with columbia?

jacknife737
05-11-2006, 03:20 PM

Well, AVA is doing a club tour until around early August, and then they start a stadium tour with Taking Back Sunday. The new offspring album will probably not be out until say December, so he could tour with both bands. The offspring will most likely (if atom remains in the band) get freese, or somebody to do the studio drumming. It would be great if Dexter could clear this issue up in the next journal entry.

nameless
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, AVA is doing a club tour until around early August, and then they start a stadium tour with Taking Back Sunday. The new offspring album will probably not be out until say December, so he could tour with both bands. The offspring will most likely (if atom remains in the band) get freese, or somebody to do the studio drumming. It would be great if Dexter could clear this issue up in the next journal entry.

thats probably what will happen, a few people have mentioned it now and with AVA getting quite big now atom will be very busy touring!

Ninty Man
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Well... again Freese??? I mean... they should do the drummer stuff with theit proper drummer

DeAtHsTaR
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
If Atom's left, then how did they not split up? Every band kinda needs a drummer... I doubt he actually left, that rumor's been flying around for ages now... I hope they stay together....
Because we all know they split up when Ron left.

Idiot.

nameless
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Well... again Freese??? I mean... they should do the drummer stuff with theit proper drummer

from what ive heard, dexter is pretty particular about how the drums sound! the style didnt relly change on splinter despite ron leaving! i cant see it being a major problem if josh freese does the recording again! providing he is available! if he isnt and atom is on tour then they may have a problem!

Ninty Man
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
from what ive heard, dexter is pretty particular about how the drums sound! the style didnt relly change on splinter despite ron leaving! i cant see it being a major problem if josh freese does the recording again! providing he is available! if he isnt and atom is on tour then they may have a problem!

Well... in my opinion... Splinter sounds better in drums... faster... great

Llamas
05-11-2006, 06:10 PM
the offspring aren't done with their contract, so they can't split yet.

atom is capable of being in two bands at once. a lot of people do it. look at maynard james keenes.

even if atom left, that doesn't mean they broke up. creed (I hate them, but still) released an album without a drummer (one of the other members did the drumming).

Luriden
05-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Holy crap, Atom is in A&A? Awesome! Just another reason for me to like them even more. Anyone ever notice how that band seems to be a Frankenstein of members from other bands? Tom DeLonge from Blink-182, a guy that used to be in NIN, and now Atom.

SkunkIt
05-11-2006, 11:32 PM
have offspring split ? Just like with atom going to angels and airwaves etc . I was soo shocked to see him drumming for a&a and all!! So whats going on are offspring still 2geather? will they be touring any chance i can see them play in teh future? u see i grew up to these guys my first real big band that i liked soo then .

Yes, The Offspring have split. They are no more. atom left The Offsping and is never coming back. Noodles told me so.

barangatang
05-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Don't listen to her. She lies!!! The offspring is still around, just they're been replaced by a whole new linup:
http://goodkittymusic.com/bandspace.jpg
As you can see, the only member that actually stayed is Higgins. Tis a shame, ain't it?

Tijs
05-12-2006, 01:31 AM
the offspring aren't done with their contract, so they can't split yet.
If they want to split up, a contract sure isn't going to stop them. But obviously, they haven't split and probably never will.

forcyn
05-12-2006, 07:28 AM
If they want to split up, a contract sure isn't going to stop them. But obviously, they haven't split and probably never will.
I hope so, but still there is a problem with not having a drummer. Atom can be in both bands but does it make sense? no.

Dexter should write about it next journal.

Peedr
05-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Dexter should write about it next journal.Yes, he should. And he should write next journal. He didn't wrote it for more then month and half. Is he so damn busy??? It can't take much of time to write one journal. :mad:

Llamas
05-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Holy crap, Atom is in A&A? Awesome! Just another reason for me to like them even more. Anyone ever notice how that band seems to be a Frankenstein of members from other bands? Tom DeLonge from Blink-182, a guy that used to be in NIN, and now Atom.

yeah ava sucks. I can't stand their sound... it brings shame that atom is a part of that group :(