PDA

View Full Version : The Genius of Richard Cheese

Autonomist
05-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Screw Weird Al, Richard Cheese is the master of hit song cover parody.

I just came into posession of "The Sunny Side of the Moon - The Best of Richard Cheese", and it's pure fucking genius. While I respect most of you would most likely enjoy this album on a comedic level, I suggest you look past that and enjoy the masterpiece as exactly that, not the crappy unfunny crap Weird Al Yankovic puts out.

My favourite two tracks off of this would have to be Hot for Teacher and Creep. Who else has seen the light in Richard Cheese?

Radi0_havana52
05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Parody bands suck (my opinion)

Autonomist
05-12-2006, 09:30 AM
I agree. It would be naive to refer to Richard Cheese as a parody act - he's better than that on so many levels.

opivy21
05-12-2006, 02:25 PM
He's pretty funny. I like that he doesn't just do well-known songs like Weird Al does. It makes it more interesting.

Thomas
05-13-2006, 06:15 PM
RICHARD CHEESE = GOD!!!!!!!

Seriously. I love him. I have S/T, Tuxicity, and Aperitif For Destruction. The man is a genius. I am a HUGE fan of Dick.

Jakebert
05-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I think it's a cool idea and some of the songs are alright, I'm just not real big on people that basically do only covers, even if they do sound completely different from the original.

BuddyHolly
05-15-2006, 05:15 AM
He's okay. "His" songs are fun if you listen to em a couple of times a year. If you listen to much the "his" songs they get boring in my opinion.