PDA

View Full Version : An Offspring song was nominated for worst song

Americana
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm not making this up. I saw this on a website, and thought it was bullshit of course, but I still need to show it here. If you think this is pointless well, you don''t have to read every thread. I hardly read any, so many are pointless.
anyways...

here is what I copied off of the website,

WORST SONGS OF ALL TIME

The Offspring/Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
First, to fully understand the reason why this song is so bad, one needs to listen to early Offspring albums, such as TotalImmortal and Ignition. Now listen to this song, and you have a large reason why this bites. However, the lick taken from Def Leppard might have made this song decent, if its was not for all of the rap influences present in this track. Again, I am a big fan of rap and punk, but the two do not mix well, much like the Eve featuring Gwen Stefani track Let Me Blow Ya Mind.

Tijs
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I saw this on a website
Which website would that be?

Orange County
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
bullshit.

one needs to listen to early Offspring albums, such as TotalImmortal and Ignition.

I rest my case.

Marit
12-14-2004, 05:03 PM
one needs to listen to early Offspring albums, such as TotalImmortal and Ignition.

Total Immortal is not Offspring

RonWelty
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
and neither a album!

PrettyFlyForAWhiteGuy
12-14-2004, 05:17 PM
Total Immortal....good song.....

horrible album though..lol.....

they thought it was an album!!!..well that should show how truely stupid they are....and thats song is not the worst....there are very many more horrible songs out there..i hear them on the radio everyday...so overall....the people who said that can go fist themselves and i will be a happy camper :D

Offspring_01
12-14-2004, 06:12 PM
I wanna know what that website is so I can go tell them how fucked up and stupid they are.

the original pyro
12-14-2004, 07:31 PM
It is one of the worst songs made by them, but there are worse on that very album. And the worst song of all is original prankster anyway.

I think Total immortal and ignition are overrated albums anyway.

Mr. Noodles
12-14-2004, 07:40 PM
I wanna know what website that was.
I'll kick their asses!

offspringbaby2004
12-15-2004, 12:05 AM
:eek:
Thats horrible. :( Pretty Fly For A White guy is by far not the worst song. All Offspring songs rule. Why would they even have a song on someones stupid list!

~mandy~

meaning_of_life
12-15-2004, 02:13 AM
pretty fly shouldnt even be an option, really. at the time it was released, in australia the song was a huge success, and it had to have something going for it. in hindsight the song was a bit tradgic though, but definately not as bad as OP

Mr. Noodles
12-15-2004, 06:40 AM
Whoever made the website that said that is a big fat jackass!
He got a song mixed up with an album!
What kind of fucking assholes are they?

Mr. Noodles
12-15-2004, 06:42 AM
I'm so damn sick of people dissing any song by the Offspring or anything that has to do with them!
If you want a perfect example, go see the "new album" thread.
The guy who started that thread, I just can't stand!

Hysteria
12-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Which website would that be?

this website (http://www.imateenyboppingoffspringfan.com/ilovealloftheirsongslikeamericanidiot+californicat ion)

Tijs
12-15-2004, 06:49 AM
Cool design.

sgwt_greg
12-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Nor is it an offspring album!!!

Mr. Noodles
12-15-2004, 07:58 AM
this website (http://www.imateenyboppingoffspringfan.com/ilovealloftheirsongslikeamericanidiot+californicat ion)

My computer says it's geocities.com/Drakulon666/Rants/worstsongs.
And since it said 'geocities', then I hate them even more!
They ruined the website called BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD'S WORLD, which is another reason I hate those fuckers!

Tijs
12-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Ha geocities... There's nothing worthy enough to believe on there.

Mr. Noodles
12-15-2004, 08:10 AM
The jackass who started the Worst Songs of All Time website said his e-mail address was jmcquiston@depauw.edu.

Superdope
12-15-2004, 11:16 AM
"one needs to listen to early Offspring albums, such as TotalImmortal and Ignition."

just goes to show, that they´re dumb as shit!

Anya82
12-15-2004, 12:42 PM
WORST SONGS OF ALL TIME

The Offspring/Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
First, to fully understand the reason why this song is so bad, one needs to listen to early Offspring albums, such as TotalImmortal and Ignition. Now listen to this song, and you have a large reason why this bites. However, the lick taken from Def Leppard might have made this song decent, if its was not for all of the rap influences present in this track. Again, I am a big fan of rap and punk, but the two do not mix well, much like the Eve featuring Gwen Stefani track Let Me Blow Ya Mind.

I totally agree... If there's one song I just CAN'T STAND and I TRULY HATE, is Pretty Fly... when i heard it.. it just made me so, so, soooo sad...
I love Offspring punk sound, I love they're albums, but.. when they released Pretty Fly.. I just felt SO dissapointed...

Everyone was singing it... even those dorky I-don't-like-rock people loved it. And the radio stations played it over, and over, and over... It made me sick!!

As i said before in another thread... whenever I'm listening to my Americana album.. I ALWAYS skip track 4 (PF4WG) :mad:

CommonRider
12-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Dexter wouldnt shed any tears over it, he has said it a bunch its one of those songs you love at first, then hate, and he is proud of it!

I dont like the song too much, but it got the Offspring bigger so in that respect I like it.

Leo_ARG
12-16-2004, 08:00 AM
The worst Offspring song is Feelings.
Pretty fly is pop.But it's good pop.
And has a message behind it.

samr
12-16-2004, 08:16 AM
...sooo many stupid topics....

extraordinarygoodgrocer
12-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Well, similarly Iron Maiden had their first #1 with 'Bring your daughter to the slaughter' and it won a golden rasberry (Worst song of the year), but it still brought the song to people's attention.

Pretty Fly brought the Offspring to a lot of people's attention. Not keen on the song now though- it got old fast. But it brought them to my attention. I hadn't heard of The Offspring before that. I think it brought them to a lot of people's attention. Looking back, I don't think it was a great song, but whether it was the worst released...I expect there were far worse. It wasn't until I played Crazy Taxi that I bought Ixnay on the hombre (the 1st of their albums I bought)

Gordie
12-16-2004, 08:48 AM
The worst Offspring song is Feelings.

can you explain HOW that could possibly be the worst offspring song??? how is that even a bad song.. its a great song

Mr. Noodles
12-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Feelings is an okay song.

Lesbian
12-17-2004, 08:01 AM
can you explain HOW that could possibly be the worst offspring song??? how is that even a bad song.. its a great song

The original version of feelings was nominated for worst song, but not the one Offprng made. I think they all suck

original_psycho
12-17-2004, 09:33 AM
The original version of feelings was nominated for worst song, but not the one Offprng made. I think they all suck

Like what the fuck u doing on this forum if u hate the offspring so much?!
GODDAMN STUPID OFFSPRING HATER!!!

Panzerfaust92
12-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Let's clear something up. Totalimmortal was an AFI song covered by the Offspring, but it was never an Offspring album

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-18-2004, 11:21 AM
we are waiting for the link to the webpage...