PDA

View Full Version : The Black Mages

mrconeman
05-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Nobuo Uematsu, is a musical genius. The concept of this band may sound a little strange unless you have played the Final Fantasy video game series.
Basically its like this. Nobuo Uematsu composes video game music for the Final Fantasy franchise, and to some it may sound silly, but the music in those games is honestly and without doubt some of the greatest music I've ever heard.
Most of it is orchastrated in the games, but Nobuo Uematsu also has a side project away from composing, when he plays keyboards with the Black Mages.

This band, a rock/metal band, does rock and metal covers of Nobuo's composistions with him on the keys and guitars and stuff(two brilliant guitarists I might add)
So this, is a MUST see for any Final Fantasy fans its the Black Mages doing the Final Fantasy 7 boss battle music, and anyone who seems interested by what I just wrote....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBPkS6_-Oac&search=black%20mages

I urge all of you to watch this, the guitar riffs are brilliant, and I dont know why this band isnt alot more heard of than they are.

Jebus
05-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I'll watch it in a few minutes. I have the album Vol. 2: The Skies Above in my computer. Even though I like it, I really can't get into it much.