PDA

View Full Version : iPod Help

Kristi920
05-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Okay, here's the deal:

My video ipod screen is cracked. How it happened, I'm not sure. The iPod plays the music on shuffle, you can adjust the volume, pause, fast foward, next etc. There is nothing displayed but an ugly glowing crack.

Now, my Ipod injury was not covered under warranty(which is understandable since it was my fault). Apple claims that if I send them 250 bucks they'll give me a new one. I wasn't too happy with that since I already paid 300.

I've seen places on the web that will repair the screen for 140-170 bucks. They say it is repaired by a "certified technician" and is done withen 2 days.

I need help deciding what to do, should I send it to some joe schmoe off the web to get the screen fixed or just buy a new mp3 player? I don't want to give up anymore $$ to Apple because their service sucks and I'm just not satisfied w/ them.

Kristi920
05-12-2006, 03:29 PM
No replies?

JohnnyNemesis
05-12-2006, 03:36 PM
No replies?

No .

Seriously though, I wish I could help you, but I can't. I think Jebus has had history with defective iPod's in the past, so hopefully he can give some advice.

0r4ng3
05-12-2006, 03:38 PM
If you use lots of video, pay the 250 for the new one. Don't trust the "qualified" technicians. If you don't use video much, or at all, don't bother getting a new one if it still works.

The Talking Pie
05-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I'd buy a new screen off eBay and fix it myself. I'm sure I've seen them floating about...

Rinoa
05-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I'd buy a new MP3 player.

I'm not a fan of ipods either - had nothing but problems.

Jebus
05-12-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd buy a new screen off eBay and fix it myself. I'm sure I've seen them floating about...
Yes, do what he said. Ipods' aren't as complicated inside as you think. I'm sure you could do it yourself. I remember finding a guide somewhere when I was looking for a way to repair my ipod for a different reason.

Kristi920
05-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the help, I've decided that since alot of people have had trouble with Apple I'm gonna sell my broken iPod on ebay and get a Zen Sleek Mp3 player. It's pretty nice and I've decided I really don't need it to pay videos becaue I have a PSP for that. :)

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the help, I've decided that since alot of people have had trouble with Apple I'm gonna sell my broken iPod on ebay and get a Zen Sleek Mp3 player. It's pretty nice and I've decided I really don't need it to pay videos becaue I have a PSP for that. :)
I have a Zen Sleek and its really good the reason I didn't get an ipod was because nearly everyone I know who has one has had a problem with it.