PDA

View Full Version : "Tear up human rights"

The Talking Pie
05-12-2006, 04:40 PM
The front page of today's Sun newspaper, where they [in the bottom-left corner] call for Tony Blair to tear up the Human Rights Act because it supposedly favours offenders and punishes victims (or something to that effect... I can't find our copy of the paper so I'm going by memory).

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2006211817,00.jpg

Discuss.

p.s. - Please don't contribute to this thread if you personally read The Sun. And please don't contribute to an even greater degree if you don't read The Sun but just buy it for Page Three.

Little_Miss_1565
05-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Umm...how in bloody hell did the British cock up a Human Rights Act so badly that what that says could possibly be true?

The Talking Pie
05-13-2006, 03:31 AM
Mainly because it isn't true. Or rather, a few criminals (nay, suspects, in most cases) are treated so badly by the media (and therefore the legal system, in trial by media) that the Human Rights Act has to step in and protect them. There are, of course, genuine cases where criminals' human rights are put before the victims', but they're one in a million, and because victims being treated fairly isn't scandallous, no paper will report it, so they can make it seem like criminals are getting off left, right and centre.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-13-2006, 07:33 AM
It's what I call the "Daily Mail" syndrome. In almost every Daily Mail there's a story of some welfare grabbing immigrant, and by doing that it makes it look like the majority are the same way. Same as this.

ofsmurfsandpixies
05-15-2006, 01:46 PM
god that paper sucks politically,that made me laugh

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Every paper sucks politically. All papers that have any kind of links to the left are all moronic tabloids. All papers that favour the right are pretentious and turn any kind of unrelated story into a political commentary. Ironically, too, they all hate Labour, even though under Tony Blair's guidance Labour has become more Conservative than the Conservatives.

notoriousdoc
05-21-2006, 07:03 AM
That front page sums up modern England. Tits, (not even) teenage parents, bullshit political scandals, fucking football and celebrity "real life" magzines.

ofsmurfsandpixies
05-21-2006, 02:03 PM
That front page sums up modern England. Tits, (not even) teenage parents, bullshit political scandals, fucking football and celebrity "real life" magzines.

truest thing ever said