PDA

View Full Version : Atom is the King

Simon_Yue
05-13-2006, 08:47 AM
This is just an Atom appreciation thread. I believed all the wonderful work this man does should not go unrecognised. Well done Atom!

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Atom is rad. I mean, come on, his name spelled backwards is MOTA. But if one of the most recent things he did was LEAVE, I'm kind of like "umm...okay..."

no_way
05-13-2006, 10:15 AM
atom... who is atom?.. just the guy on the drums... oh...

what can i say? uuhmm.. good job?

DeAtHsTaR
05-13-2006, 10:29 AM
He has tremendous energy, but he needs to record!

Actually, wait, he did record around 6 songs with them last year, including the Dirty Magic remake!

Tired_Of_You
05-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Noodles is the queen! lolz.

I like Atom.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Atom is a great drummer, ok, but he's on AVA, I don't think he can go on with The Offspring.

Amazed
05-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Atom kicks ass. I will not believe that he has left the band unless the official website says so. and that's not gonna happen!

igniton/pyro
05-13-2006, 01:40 PM
i hate Atom! go Ron!

Tijs
05-13-2006, 01:53 PM
You said you hate Atom about 10 times already. Yet I haven't seen you explaing why you hate him. It's not like he was responsible for Ron leaving the band.

igniton/pyro
05-13-2006, 02:02 PM
You said you hate Atom about 10 times already. Yet I haven't seen you explaing why you hate him. It's not like he was responsible for Ron leaving the band.
he is the new guy, he dosent look like an offspring member and now he plays for one of the worst band i have heard.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-13-2006, 02:16 PM
he is the new guy, he dosent look like an offspring member and now he plays for one of the worst band i have heard.

How does one "look" like an Offspring member?

forcyn
05-13-2006, 02:38 PM
that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard!! and you said that you like Ron. he has also left, hasn't he? why not to hate Ron? or both of them?

-.-

Emily_offspring_fan
05-13-2006, 02:41 PM
that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard!! and you said that you like Ron. he has also left, hasn't he? why not to hate Ron? or both of them?

-.-
"But Atom left the band to go to a shitty band like AVA", he would say.
That's very dumb.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-13-2006, 02:47 PM
Also, Atom has previously played in awesome bands such as Rocket From The Crypt and Alkaline Trio, so any other band he decides to play in, shitty or not, because of the fact that he played for these two bands he will always be awesome.

offspring fan
05-13-2006, 02:48 PM
i have too say Ron was way cooler than atom.... i have never relly ceard for atom at all....

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-13-2006, 02:49 PM
i have too say Ron was way cooler than atom.... i have never relly ceard for atom at all....

O rly? Rly? Rly?

offspring fan
05-13-2006, 02:51 PM
O rly? Rly? Rly?
yes, rly, rly, rly.

Llamas
05-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Also, Atom has previously played in awesome bands such as Rocket From The Crypt and Alkaline Trio, so any other band he decides to play in, shitty or not, because of the fact that he played for these two bands he will always be awesome.

so true! ava sucks balls, but whatever. people have different tastes in music... atom seems to like it, so good for him. I like atom. he's a good drummer, and has a good personality.

How the hell does he not "LOOK" like an offspring member? If anything GREG has never looked like an offspring member...

offspring fan
05-13-2006, 04:15 PM
greg is an outsider....
tru punx.

nameless
05-13-2006, 07:05 PM
he is cool! should be interesting to hear how he sounds recording with the offspring!

sebastienfan
05-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Give me good reasons why you guys hates him so much.Hating Atom because he is not Ron is a invalid motive, offspring slipting up because Ron left thats what you want?. Hating Atom because he have a side project with AAW is also a invalid motive, Ron was also playing with Spining Fish at the same time that offspring. Hating Atom because he is not a good drummer is a invalid motive, he's just doing what Ron and Josh recorded, wait to see what he have for us on the upcoming album. Hating me because my english is terrible is a valid motive.

two thumbs up for Atom.

Ninty Man
05-13-2006, 09:54 PM

Ehem... are you serious??? Ron Welty was a fucking robot in the live presentations... Atom it's fantastic... almost orgasmic

sebastienfan
05-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Ehem... are you serious??? Ron Welty was a fucking robot in the live presentations... Atom it's fantastic... almost orgasmic

I totaly agree

That_Guy91
05-13-2006, 11:26 PM
You like Good Charlotte.

rlplaymaker
05-13-2006, 11:44 PM
i hate Atom! go Ron!

i loved the guy, but ron was a pretty sucky drummer....well not sucky, very average.

JohnnyNemesis
05-14-2006, 12:07 AM
igniton/pyro can ruin any thread no matter what it is. Complete fucking idiot that kid is.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for Ron too, and I like him more, but there really is no doubt that Atom is a better drummer and better former. He's extremely good.

Little_Miss_1565
05-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Anyway, I have a soft spot for Ron too, and I like him more, but there really is no doubt that Atom is a better drummer and better former. He's extremely good.

Not to mention that Atom has excellent glasses. Those are important in a person. On a person. wuteva.

JohnnyNemesis
05-14-2006, 12:16 AM
True indeed. I love your glasses, by the way.

I think the fact that a Good Charlotte fan is concerned with the image of a member of The Offspring is hilarious. Even funnier is the fact that Atom DOES look like an Offspring member.

Little_Miss_1565
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
You better love my glasses, foo'.

Yeah, nothing says "awesome" to me quite like doing up my eyeliner so I look like the Crow.

Llamas
05-14-2006, 01:05 AM
atom looks more like a member of the offspring than ron did, for sure... I liked ron more, but probably just because he was the founding drummer and with the band for 13 years.

and I just can't take a good charlotte fan seriously. I really would like a detailed explanation as to what makes Atom not look like a member of the offspring. Also, why is that important?

That_Guy91
05-14-2006, 01:06 AM
he was the founding drummer
*ahem*James Lilja*ahem*

Llamas
05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
was JL in the band when they were called the offspring? I thought he was in manic subsidal. My bad.

Dexter_H
05-14-2006, 01:29 AM
Yeah but Ron drummed on all the albums (up to his departure).

Llamas
05-14-2006, 04:02 PM
true. :) :)

Ninty Man
05-14-2006, 08:43 PM
atom looks more like a member of the offspring than ron did, for sure... I liked ron more, but probably just because he was the founding drummer and with the band for 13 years.

and I just can't take a good charlotte fan seriously. I really would like a detailed explanation as to what makes Atom not look like a member of the offspring. Also, why is that important?

I know he records all the albums(except Splinter) and he even appears in Greatest Hits, but... dude... Ron it's a very... how to tell it... not social person... or at least, like I said... he's robotic in LIve...

Llamas
05-14-2006, 09:35 PM
and why is that bad? I honestly like both atom and ron, and I don't hate either. atom is a better drummer, more energetic, more outgoing. ron was a good drummer, and much less spotlight wanting.

Ninty Man
05-15-2006, 12:10 PM
and why is that bad? I honestly like both atom and ron, and I don't hate either. atom is a better drummer, more energetic, more outgoing. ron was a good drummer, and much less spotlight wanting.

Dude... Ron was too... boring

offspring fan
05-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Ron was awesome! my favorite offspring member.

Llamas
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't understand how ron was boring... greg never talks, nor does he ever move, but everyone loves him...

That_Guy91
05-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I don't understand how ron was boring... greg never talks, nor does he ever move, but everyone loves him...
Because he does a dance!

Dexter_H
05-16-2006, 03:15 AM
So if Greg were to leave the Offspring you'd say exactly the same thing as him. If Ron was so unsociable why is he NOFX's favourite member of the band? Why is he an honorary member of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes? None of you know what Ron's personality is like so don't pretend you do.

scream
05-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I love Atom's energy on the drums. I miss Ron of course but he's gone separate ways and we gotta embrace The Offspring as they are now. ATOM ROCKS!

Ceejio21
05-16-2006, 03:26 PM
I personally feel Atom should be praised for his contribution to being in the band. As mentioned, his energy is fantastic and sure he's gone off to do Angels and Airwaves but look at everything he's done for and with The Offspring - he's played with so much energy - he's given alot to the fans in terms of performances and also in his diary entries. For me it's apparent he loves working with Dexter, Noodles and Greg and also is very much into the music that The Offspring play - this is evident in his warped tour diaries. I hope he continues to record for the upcoming album.

Ninty Man
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Because he does a dance!

And he plays golf

And... well... I mean... in stage... it sounds too... how to say... monotic
Greg K it's a founder... and he's cool, and men... he's a good bassist(it's that the word)

Llamas
05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
So if Greg were to leave the Offspring you'd say exactly the same thing as him. If Ron was so unsociable why is he NOFX's favourite member of the band? Why is he an honorary member of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes? None of you know what Ron's personality is like so don't pretend you do.

I agree with this post. "Ron was boring"? You don't know him. Boring on stage maybe. Personally, I thought that Ron didn't love the spotlight. I have a feeling him quitting had to do with the direction the band was going, and he wanted to pursue something less in the media. I always thought that he wasn't as outgoing as the rest of the band when they were on camera... but it seemed like he was probably a lot of fun in real life. You can't judge someone by what is released on film...

Ninty Man
05-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I agree with this post. "Ron was boring"? You don't know him. Boring on stage maybe. Personally, I thought that Ron didn't love the spotlight. I have a feeling him quitting had to do with the direction the band was going, and he wanted to pursue something less in the media. I always thought that he wasn't as outgoing as the rest of the band when they were on camera... but it seemed like he was probably a lot of fun in real life. You can't judge someone by what is released on film...

OK... tell me... does he have any energy??? I'm not saying that he sucks, just that maybe it was good after all that he leaves

Llamas
05-17-2006, 10:39 PM
his drumming sounded very energetic. no, he didn't move as much as atom does, but who says you need to move around a lot and smile to be good?? I've seen Josh Freese play with APC, and he's not amazingly energetic- he's more like Ron. Yet I think Josh was the best drummer that ever played with the offspring.

muddymascot
05-18-2006, 07:12 AM
just listen to "long way home"
drums after the first chorus!

but in case you just have to watch "can't repeat"-video to know
that Atom is moving more than Ron

Ninty Man
05-18-2006, 07:25 PM
his drumming sounded very energetic. no, he didn't move as much as atom does, but who says you need to move around a lot and smile to be good?? I've seen Josh Freese play with APC, and he's not amazingly energetic- he's more like Ron. Yet I think Josh was the best drummer that ever played with the offspring.

No... Ron's sound too... like he was just in there like an another job... and he was sometimes like a hunchback in the drums

Llamas
05-19-2006, 02:51 AM
if you never saw ron play live, you wouldn't be able to tell. you only associate that with what you've seen. I also bet you anything that atom would be MUCH less energetic in the studio than live. Most drummers are a lot more active live than in studio to please the audience.

Drum Goddess
05-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Atom is better than anyone. He owns everyone's soul.

sebastienfan
05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
maybe here... http://bartolemy.free.fr/#

it says on that web site that Tom Delongue said to Rock Mag april 2006 that Atom never really been a offspring member but a Rocket From The Crypt member and right now it is clear that he is no longer playing with the offspring.

here is the link http://www.info-presse.fr/revue/rock-sound_T1270.htm#
but I cant find the article.

jacknife737
05-23-2006, 09:53 AM
and right now it is clear that he is no longer playing with the offspring.

I certainly wouldn't say that it is 'clear' whether or not he is still in the band.

ATOMRULES
05-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Atom Rules!!!!....he Is The Best Drummer Ever And His Powerful Style Definetely Fits The Offspring's Music..... And His Name Spelt Bawards Is Mota....haha That Rules And Read This Ouy Kcuf!

jacknife737
05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I just picked up my copy of We Don't Need To Whisper the AVA disk, and Atom doesn't directly thank the Offspring, he only gives a thanks to

everyone I have ever played with and for, to get to the point where i could make this record.

Ninty Man
05-23-2006, 03:53 PM
if you never saw ron play live, you wouldn't be able to tell. you only associate that with what you've seen. I also bet you anything that atom would be MUCH less energetic in the studio than live. Most drummers are a lot more active live than in studio to please the audience.

Allright... in live videos I've seen... Ron was too robotic, I mean... come ON, HE LOOKS LIKE HE WAS BORING!!!

Drum Goddess
06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Atom kicks ass. I will not believe that he has left the band unless the official website says so. and that's not gonna happen!
Word motherfucker, I'm with you. I won't believe it until it is posted in the news on this very website.

Thomas
06-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I recognise the fact that Atom is a better drummer than Ron, but I liked Ron's style more. Although he appeared stiff in his performances, his playing was incredibly relaxed. When he records, he doesn't sound like a machine. He takes control of the tempo instead of letting the tempo take control of him. He uses accents and whatnot to make the music his own. He doesn't concentrate on playing EXACTLY on the beat, he just plays whatever feels right. In doing so, he creates, well, music. Whenever I hear him drum, I can tell it is Ron because of his distinct style and technique. He plays with energy, he just doesn't send it out to the audience. He harnesses that energy and puts it toward his playing. I didn't explain that very well, but hopefully you will understand what i mean.

tbulmer_the'spring
06-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Atom is a tool, he's got nothing on Ron. What the hell was he thinking joining AVA?

petey
06-19-2006, 03:00 PM
didnt atom say on one of the other threads that he was happy to be with the offspring and he didnt have plans on leaving?

jacknife737
06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
didnt atom say on one of the other threads that he was happy to be with the offspring and he didnt have plans on leaving?

Yes but I think that was in reference to another side project of his, The Special Goodness, in the most recent journal entry, Dexter indicated that Atom was still in the band.

bd007h
06-19-2006, 03:16 PM
In Dexter's recent Journal he said that Atom is on tour, implying that Atom is still in the band

bouncingcoles
06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
atom is kick ass. but if he leaves the offspring for angels and suck then ill be fucking pissed.

Ninty Man
06-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Atom is a tool, he's got nothing on Ron. What the hell was he thinking joining AVA?

Maybe what the hell???

Or... nothing?

Emily_offspring_fan
06-19-2006, 06:10 PM
What? "Atom is a tool"? Atom is an excellent drummer actually! And he has a lot of energy.

Ninty Man
06-19-2006, 11:15 PM
What? "Atom is a tool"? Atom is an excellent drummer actually! And he has a lot of energy.

He's an excellent drummer... just many of here don't wanna accept it

leibstandarte109
06-19-2006, 11:26 PM
He seems to have a lot more personality than Ron did.

petey
06-20-2006, 12:53 PM
He seems to have a lot more personality than Ron did.
exactly. but if he ever leaves the offspring for ava, ill be pissed. that band sucks anyways. he should leave ava.

ron is still a good drummer, but i guess i like atom more. it would be cool if ron came back.

leibstandarte109
06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
In all honesty, I really don't hear much of a difference between Ron and Atom's drumming. Maybe it's because I'm not a drummer. :D

But Atom seems to get more into it at live performances.

Ninty Man
06-20-2006, 11:36 PM
In all honesty, I really don't hear much of a difference between Ron and Atom's drumming. Maybe it's because I'm not a drummer. :D

But Atom seems to get more into it at live performances.

Ehem...

First at all... Freese made the new drumming parts in Splinter and in Can't repeat... AND HOW YOU DIDN'T NOTE THE DIFFERENCE

Ron plays the drum like a sissy-....

Freese (and Atom) play it like machos

leibstandarte109
06-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I know Freese did the drums. I was speaking strictly of live performances.

In all honesty, except for the headbanging, I really don't notice a difference in the drumming between Ron and Atom. Both are good drummers though.

OneFineDay
06-21-2006, 01:53 PM
@leibstandarte109: i am a drummer and i think that atom is better than ron. you just have to listen to the angels and airwaves album. his drumming there is very good.

leibstandarte109
06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll take your word for it, because I'm a guitarist and don't really know much about drumming.

Mr. Orange
06-21-2006, 02:00 PM
@leibstandarte109: i am a drummer and i think that atom is better than ron. you just have to listen to the angels and airwaves album. his drumming there is very good.
I'd rather take your word for than listen to an angels and airwaves album.

Dex90
06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
atom is the best, no doubt. if u like his drumming on the AVA cd then u should c them live, 10000000000000 times better

[@M3R0N
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
DONT BUY THE AINGELS AND AIRWAVES CD!!!!!

IT SUX!!!!

i think it was a total waste of money , it was just stupid!! dont buy it, sure, atom was awesome but it just wasnt as good as he is with offspring
take mi word

Ninty Man
06-21-2006, 07:51 PM
I know Freese did the drums. I was speaking strictly of live performances.

In all honesty, except for the headbanging, I really don't notice a difference in the drumming between Ron and Atom. Both are good drummers though.

Nah... Ron plays the drum like a sissy

Leandro
06-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Better listen Rocket From The Crypt:
Atom played all this albums, except: "Group sounds (2001)", "(1991) Paint As A Fragrance" and "(2002)Live From Camp X-Ray"

Rocket From The Crypt:

Scream Dracula Scram(1995):
http://rapidshare.de/files/17590222/Rocket_From_The_Crypt.zip.html

All systems Go(1993):
http://rapidshare.de/files/23597652/_1993__All_Systems_Go.zip.html

RFTC(1998): http://rapidshare.de/files/23254088/_1998__-_RFTC.zip.html

(1991) Paint As A Fragrance:
http://rapidshare.de/files/23502708/_1991__Paint_As_A_Fragrance.rar.html

Group sounds (2001):
http://rapidshare.de/files/23258788/_2001__Group_Sounds.zip.html

Circa: Now!(1992):
http://rapidshare.de/files/22581207/Circa_Now_.rar.html

All systems Go 2(1999):
http://rapidshare.de/files/23610697/_1999__All_Systems_Go_2.zip.html

(1995)Hot Charity(1999)Cut Carefully And Play Loud
http://rapidshare.de/files/23616296/_1995_Hot__Charity_-_Cut_Carefully_And_Play_Loud.rar.html

(1995) The state of art is on fire:
http://rapidshare.de/files/23619835/_1995__The_State_Of_Art_Is_On_Fire.zip.html

All Systems Go (Japanese version):
http://rapidshare.de/files/23626838/_1993__All_Systems_Go__japanese_version_.zip.html

(2002)Live From Camp X-Ray:
http://rapidshare.de/files/23706443/_2002__Live_From_Camp_X_Ray.zip.html

Leandro
06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Better listen Rocket From The Crypt than Angels And Airwaves...

V00d00
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I personally don't like Atom, come on, he wants to be like travis barker but he'll never be as good as him. besides, he's on AVA, and ava sucks :mad:

Ninty Man
07-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I personally don't like Atom, come on, he wants to be like travis barker but he'll never be as good as him. besides, he's on AVA, and ava sucks :mad:

calla

Oh come on, AVA sux, but Atom it's a great drummer... and any drummer it's better than Travis Barker

Emily_offspring_fan
07-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Atom played all this albums, except: "Group sounds (2001)", "(1991) Paint As A Fragrance" and "(2002)Live From Camp X-Ray"

Rocket From The Crypt:

All systems Go(1993):

Group sounds (2001):

All systems Go 2(1999):

http://rapidshare.de/files/23616296/_1995_Hot__Charity_-_Cut_Carefully_And_Play_Loud.rar.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/23626838/_1993__All_Systems_Go__japanese_version_.zip.html

Thank you dude! :)

Original prankstA
07-07-2006, 09:19 PM
atom is good drummer but he's stupid to join AVA because they suck balls, but yeah he has good energy, and he has a badass drum set

ruroken
07-07-2006, 09:45 PM
SERIOUSLY!! I mean, how much more boring can A&A possibly get?

dont give me no crap
07-08-2006, 01:00 AM
You like Good Charlotte.

LYK OMGZ R U SEEREUS?! I <3 GOOD CHARLOTTE THEY R HARD x CORE. THEY R THE ONLY REAL PUNX OUT THER. MI FAVORITE OFFSPRING SONG IS PRETTY FLY FOR A WHITE GUY AND I LUV THEIR FIRST ALBUM AMERICANA. DONT BE HATIN ON GOOD CHARLOTTE. THEY R AWESOME.

...i'm kidding. dont shit yourself.

Lord_Gabo
07-08-2006, 04:27 AM
If you see only one song play by Atom at the drum's you can't hate him!!
It's a Dragon! GREAT!!!!

Thomas
07-08-2006, 10:38 AM
calla

Oh come on, AVA sux, but Atom it's a great drummer... and any drummer it's better than Travis Barker

Wait. Did you just say that Atom is better than Travis barker? If you did, you deserve to be castrated and shot right now.

Emily_offspring_fan
07-08-2006, 11:10 AM
No, he didn't.

Drum Goddess
07-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Atom doesn't wanna be as good as Travis. Where the hell did you come up with this? Atom just wants to play the drummers for a living, he's not trying to be better ar as good as anyone.

Drum Goddess
07-08-2006, 02:07 PM

Rocket From The Crypt:

All systems Go(1993):

Group sounds (2001):

All systems Go 2(1999):

I own all that plus some.

Ninty Man
07-08-2006, 11:05 PM
No, he didn't.

Yes I did...

And maybe I'm ignorant, so, sorry for make my opinion

ofsmurfsandpixies
07-09-2006, 05:03 AM
Ron Welty till I die. I feel nothing but hatred for ATOM,im blaming my dislike of splinter on him.

Dexter_H
07-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Josh Freese did the drumming for Splinter, tool.

n00b
07-09-2006, 05:47 AM
i love angels and airwaves, what an amazing band.

Drum Goddess
07-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Ron Welty till I die. I feel nothing but hatred for ATOM,im blaming my dislike of splinter on him.
How can you blame Atom for something he didn't do?

neocon58
07-09-2006, 07:13 AM

Fuckwit.

Ten char limit

offspring fan
07-09-2006, 10:49 AM
i love angels and airwaves, what an amazing band.
no. that band is awful.

Emily_offspring_fan
07-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Yes I did...

You said that Atom is better than Travis, so you didn't. Am I wrong?

Thomas
07-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes I did...

That's not really a matter of opinion here. The difference between Atom Willard and Travis Barker is too great for it to be opinion. On this scale, it is more fact. Travis Barker can do everything Atom can do, and then some, with no problem at all.

Thomas
07-09-2006, 10:56 AM

What a fucking retard.

Ninty Man
07-09-2006, 08:11 PM
You said that Atom is better than Travis, so you didn't. Am I wrong?

I'm confused, but I said that

That's not really a matter of opinion here. The difference between Atom Willard and Travis Barker is too great for it to be opinion. On this scale, it is more fact. Travis Barker can do everything Atom can do, and then some, with no problem at all.

Ok

n00b
07-10-2006, 02:42 AM
no. that band is awful.

you need to straighten up and realize that i might have a diffrent opinion than you.