PDA

View Full Version : DualDisc Crap

Donovanh
05-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I bought the Offspring's "Greatest Hits" album on dualdisc cause it was cheaper than the CD and i thought it would be cool to have the videos. I only wanted 1 freakin songs on the whole thing cause i have all their other cds, but the peice of crap took forever to encode and then it was a dirty recording cracks and hisses every where. I looked all over to see if it was my rig or the program i was using for encoding but an nternet search confirmed it appears to be new encryption. It won't even read in all standard cd players. What kinda crap is this! I mean The Offspring were champions of our right to digital formats. They offered the part of their "Conspiracy of One" album on their web site. Have they forsaken us? :mad:

Idiot
05-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Most probably not the band's fault!

Nood!es
Did you not read the sticker on the front? It said something like "This CD may not play in all home CD players or computers"

Tijs
You probably just didn't realize that the DualDisc is 'new' technology. So it could be possible that certain devices can't read it properly. You also could've bought the CD+DVD instead.

offspring_freak_3
05-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Did you not read the sticker on the front? It said something like "This CD may not play in all home CD players or computers"
^^ what he said, probably that happened to you, try to play it with another dvd player, ur friends house or something

kitfoo
05-13-2006, 05:20 PM
If you had all their previous CD's, you could have just downloaded Defy You and Can't Repeat, and burned your own "Greatest Hits". That's what I did, and I saved $15. I did buy the DVD though, and it was well worth it.

offspring_freak_3
05-13-2006, 05:35 PM
but maybe he wanna have the videos from the dual disc, wich is different from their atual dvd

Luriden
05-13-2006, 05:38 PM
but maybe he wanna have the videos from the dual disc, wich is different from their atual dvd

What videos does it have with it? I already have all the albums, including the Orange County soundtrack, and the DVD, but I do plan on picking up the GH DualDisc if I find it cheap somewhere.

offspring_freak_3
05-13-2006, 06:24 PM
it has the dirty magic acoustic video and dexter and noodles comments about the songs (different comments from the dvd)

Emily_offspring_fan
05-13-2006, 06:43 PM
it has the dirty magic acoustic video and dexter and noodles comments about the songs (different comments from the dvd)
They aren't subtitulated, are they? Because I can't understand (that happened to me in the audio commentary of the CMVC).

offspring_freak_3
05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
no they r not

rlplaymaker
05-13-2006, 11:40 PM
get a batter CD player, junior

Llamas
05-14-2006, 12:46 AM
I keep seeing the GH album, and I keep wanting to buy it JUST for the extras... but the extras aren't worth the like $18 for the dual disc price :( The extras I think are worth maybe $6... also the offspring has done a horrible job of choosing singles for the past 3 albums (and still weren't even the best for ixnay and smash), so hell if I'd EVER listen to the greatest hits cd. Especially because if I wanted to listen to it, I could make a playlist on my computer of them...

Ninty Man
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I keep seeing the GH album, and I keep wanting to buy it JUST for the extras... but the extras aren't worth the like $18 for the dual disc price :( The extras I think are worth maybe $6... also the offspring has done a horrible job of choosing singles for the past 3 albums (and still weren't even the best for ixnay and smash), so hell if I'd EVER listen to the greatest hits cd. Especially because if I wanted to listen to it, I could make a playlist on my computer of them...

I pay 20 bucks for the Dual Disc.. even I have the normal one, and it worths it

Llamas
05-14-2006, 09:36 PM
what makes it worth that much money? I just can't see it... :-/

Ninty Man
05-15-2006, 12:11 PM
what makes it worth that much money? I just can't see it... :-/

MMM... let's see... Im a freakiing fan... so... I think I didn't think it too much... and... the commentarys of the GH songs (almost every song)

Donovanh
05-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Lots of bashing going on, lets keep this civil people. lol Any way I realize it is new technology and yes i knew that "The Audio side of this disc does not comform to CD specifications and therfore not all DVD and CD players will play the audio side of this disc." this is not the problem, it plays fine in most of my audio equipment. My problem is it will not copy on to my computer, which is legal in this state, for now. I run my computer into my reciever and have my very own jukebox. Checking on the net i found this is a common problem with the dualdiscs. I realize this could have been an oversight by the band.

ignition991
05-19-2006, 09:15 PM
What exactly is on the DVD side, i was thinking about getting it today, Is the DVD worth it?

offspring_freak_3
05-19-2006, 10:01 PM
^^ .