PDA

View Full Version : Dresden dolls

bouncingcoles
05-16-2006, 01:34 PM
i havent seen a thread about this i dont think. who likes this band. i love them. at first i hated them but then i saw them open for nine inch nails last year and i was amazed. The drummer is incredible. i was fortunate enough to meet him too. i suggest everyone checks them out, they are a bit different and weird but im sure some of you might like them!

offspringrammsteinfan
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
They are pretty great, I heard something about a new album of them called "yes, verginity" or something like that. I need to check that one out sometime soon.

But yeah, I would love see them live sometime. Their shows must be pretty entertaining.

All About Eve
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Coin Operated Boy made me want to shoot myself, but Shores of California (I think) was pretty good. Haven't heard anything else, upload some?

Endymion
05-16-2006, 03:54 PM
good day and missed me are my favorites...

- -Lauren- -
05-16-2006, 04:24 PM
They are incredibly odd, yet I haven't heard anything from them. But, odd is good. It makes them completely different from everyone else.

bouncingcoles
05-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Coin Operated Boy made me want to shoot myself, but Shores of California (I think) was pretty good. Haven't heard anything else, upload some?

coin operated boy is like there worst song! i dont know how to upload songs. but you can IM me and i can send you some of the songs Via IM. My screename is bouncingcoles

All About Eve
05-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Alright, send me a PM the next time you're on; I always keep my AIM on invisible.

nieh
05-18-2006, 06:16 PM
They're alright. Their first album was way inconsistent. I loved the darker, more twisted-goth stuff like Missed Me. The poppier stuff was ok but wasn't what made me get into them and some of the other stuff just wasn't really good. The girl's voice often shifts between sounding really good and very mannish which sometimes ruins even their better songs when I'm being too picky. I downloaded their second album a couple months ago and was a bit disappointed by the fact that it was pretty much all poppier stuff. They do it much better than they did on the first album and it's much more consistently good but again, that isn't the stuff that made me get into them so I didn't really care much for it.