PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else on my level??

DarrellOCguy
05-17-2006, 11:55 PM
...I was just thinking as i was going through my cd collection that Offspring kinda went downhill after Americana. I mean, i love all their music and every album but in my opinion CO1 and Splinter just Didnt add up with all the rest.
Self titled to Americana i loved, Though MTV and pop radio stations in my town MURDERED pretty fly and why dont you get a job. I am just praying that they put all their effort into this next album. Bad Habit was the first song i heared. After that i did some research and got all the previous albums and was blown away.

I really hope they go back to the good ol' smash/ ignition days on this next one.

They have made enough pop punk songs, they need to dig back down to the roots.

Luriden
05-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Meh, I don't know. I can't stand the first album (too punk for me), Ignition is the same except for a few really good exceptions, and the albums got better from there leading up to Ixnay, which is my favorite. I really liked CO1 (mainly because it was my first Offspring CD. My sister had Smash but I never really sat down to listen to it, she just used to play Self Esteem all the time). Splinter could have been better had it been longer. I wouldn't say they got worse, but I consider Splinter a loss just because they should have added more songs and took out When You're In Prison.

Llamas
05-18-2006, 12:24 AM
and the albums got better from there leading up to Ixnay, which is my favorite.

...there was one album between ignition and ixnay...

DarrellOCguy
05-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Well i guess I'm alone in this. Too many people like the new fun and catchy stuff.....meh. Maybe you will someday see the truth

Llamas
05-18-2006, 12:31 AM
no, I think a lot of people aren't on right now, or have seen this type of thread too many times. It's been discussed to death. It's split about 60/40 on this board (60 liking the older stuff, 40 liking the newer). We're just sick of talking about it (atleast I am). :P

DarrellOCguy
05-18-2006, 12:33 AM
lol my mistake i am not on here alot so i apologize for not being up to date on things, I just throw my opinions in every now and then.

DarrellOCguy
05-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Not that anyone cares or will care but i'm goin to sleep now. I gotta wake up and go unload the godamn wal-mart trucks. Have fun people.

Luriden
05-18-2006, 12:40 AM
...there was one album between ignition and
ixnay...

I know this. Like I said, they got better leading up to Ixnay. Smash was way better than S/T and Ignition, and Ixnay will always be my favorite. "Leading up to" doesn't have to mean five albums.

JohnnyNemesis
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
How many times is this EXACT same thread going to be made? All that changes is the name...

Llamas
05-18-2006, 01:01 AM
How many times is this EXACT same thread going to be made? All that changes is the name...
a-fucking-greed.

Ninty Man
05-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Look dude...

In my own opinion:

Smash it's overrated to hell (much filling songs)

Ignition it's great album

ST it's a good... kinda punk album, and a great first album

Ixnay it's their best album

Americana gets a good direction to Offspring

CO1 it's underrated

Splinter sux for 4 songs (Race against Myself, I hate it and don't piss off, Worst Hangover, Da Hui and When you're in prison) If you remove that songs, you will get a great album... short... but good

DarrellOCguy
05-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Well thanks for the hospitality everyone. :D

...Assholes. :(

rlplaymaker
05-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Well i guess I'm alone in this. Too many people like the new fun and catchy stuff.....meh. Maybe you will someday see the truth

you're a fag

Dexter_H
05-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Look dude...

In my own opinion:

Smash it's overrated to hell (much filling songs)

You're opinion is obviously invalid. What do you call a filling song? One that wasn't a single? All the songs on smash are good.

JohnnyNemesis
05-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Well thanks for the hospitality everyone. :D

...Assholes. :(

You're the one who made not only a ridiculously stupid thread, but the same fuckin' thread that's been made filled with the same comments that have been made for YEARS. Blame yourself, kid.

bouncingcoles
05-19-2006, 02:58 PM
quite a few people think that too but i love CO1 but i think splinter was a bit weak. but it doesnt mean they cant bounce back with there next album.

Joakoman
05-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Splinter is bester than CO1 but not more than Americana or ST.

nameless
05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
the last 2 albums had good songs but in general like everyone else i prefered the others!

offspring_freak_3
05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
i love all the albuns, specially the old ones from S/T to ixnay on the hombre, i admit i dont like mericana and co1 too much, although i started listen to the offspring back when americana came out, but i do listen to it, and splinter well i like it, the songs itself are good, the only problem is the time, too short

BoRiS_BRitVA
05-20-2006, 02:04 AM
i love all the albuns

Well, the same with me, I can't name the best album, i like all of them and i think all of them are excellent, the only problem is that the springs tend to pop songs and i'd like to hear something new like "Bas habit", "Gotta get away from me", "Have you ever" and i wish their songs were a bit longer

noodle654
05-20-2006, 08:34 AM
I love their first 4 albums (S/T, Ignition[my favorite], Smash, Ixnay). Then Americana came, it was an excellent album, except for the fact that yes MTV and radio stations pretty much destroyed Pretty Fly by playing it when ever they could. Then after that came CO1, it was OK, had alot of PoP on it and wasnt really a good fan, then came Splinter, pretty good I liked most of the songs on there (The Noose, Long Way Home, Race Against, Lightning Rod). I just hope that the next album has more of a Punk feel to it, that would be excellent.

no_way
05-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Self titled to Americana i loved, Though MTV and pop radio stations in my town MURDERED pretty fly and why dont you get a job.

MTV killed Pretty fly, WDYGAJ sucked from the beggining.

I love self-titled. Maybe because the first songs I heard from Offspring were from their last albums, where Dexter screams and raise his voice a lot (which is cool anyway), but when I heard Self-titled, all their songs were lower but full of energy and I loved that.

Ignition was a good album, but no near of my favourite ones.

I hate Smash. Dexter sounds drunk all the time and... no, that's it. The Only songs I like are self-esteem and bad habit. The album had practically no studio work. For me it sucked.

Then from IXNAY on, it's a complete different sound, which I particulary like, but honestly if you compare their old sound with the newer it looks as if they were two complete different bands.

I like them both, but I can understand how you feel about it. They were more punx in their old sound, but the new sound is cool too.

tamer
05-20-2006, 01:36 PM
:D

your not alone

no_way
05-20-2006, 01:43 PM

actually, I don't know why you're saying this. Most of the people I've talked to here said that they like their old stuff best. I am alone, not you.

Marco
05-21-2006, 02:22 AM
I love all their work
That proves I'm a real fan.

DaneisKing1389
05-21-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't see the point in arguing about a thread that has been made before. There's no stopping people from making them. You're not teaching them a lesson by calling them names. Just let them make the threads and get over it. There's nothing anyone can do. And if it weren't for threads like this, this board would be pretty much dead.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-21-2006, 07:43 AM
I hate Smash. Dexter sounds drunk all the time
Ooh. :confused:

Ninty Man
05-21-2006, 07:41 PM
You're opinion is obviously invalid. What do you call a filling song? One that wasn't a single? All the songs on smash are good.

No, I call a filling song that one that has no mere purpose to serve as a bridge between two great songs.

In Smash, for example:

Something to believe in... it's too... bleh... it don't hace any feeling
It'll be a long time... again... WTF???
So alone, not the one: I mean... So alone it's bullshit, and Not the one... it has "good" lyrics... but don't have any punch.

Americana has Feelings, End of the line

CO1, All along

Ixnay on the hombre: Leave it behind

Splinter:MMM.. The worst hangover ever... I guess

OffspringPhreak
05-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm kinda biased to their older stuff(I got into them during the Smash phase). I used to hate the newer stuff(from namely just Americana and Conspiracy of One. I dunno why, but I just did.).

When Splinter came out, I dusted off CofO and Americana and fell in love with them. They're good albums. I tend to skip the radio singles sometimes(even on their older stuff), but they're fucking awesome to play on guitar(well, in my opinion all their stuff is, if it doesn't kick ass it's just fun to play).

Right now I'm going through Conspiracy learning the songs on guitar. I never thought I'd like that album as much as I do now.

My only complaint is that I wish Splinter was longer, but hell, I'll always support that band, I'm obsessed.

Llamas
05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
No, I call a filling song that one that has no mere purpose to serve as a bridge between two great songs.

In Smash, for example:

Something to believe in... it's too... bleh... it don't hace any feeling
It'll be a long time... again... WTF???
So alone, not the one: I mean... So alone it's bullshit, and Not the one... it has "good" lyrics... but don't have any punch.

Americana has Feelings, End of the line

CO1, All along

Ixnay on the hombre: Leave it behind

Splinter:MMM.. The worst hangover ever... I guess

you not liking a song doesn't make it filler.

I LOVE something to believe in. I also really like Not the One. I don't care for so alone, and it'll be a long time is not one of the best. Other than those two, I don't really care for killboy powerhead. Those three are the only 3 songs on that album I don't love.

Americana there aren't any I dislike, but I could leave pretty fly, she's got issues, and walla walla.

co1 I could leave original prankster, want you bad, special delivery, one fine day, all along.

ixnay I could leave Leave it behind.

splinter I could leave worst hangover ever, long way home, spare me the details, and when you're in prison.

s/t I could leave demons and a thousand days

I love every song on ignition.

bhg_rulz2
05-22-2006, 12:13 PM
^^ yeah....ignition is the best for me!

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
you not liking a song doesn't make it filler.

Yeah, but you liking a song doesn't make it NOT filler either.

Filler doesn't necessarily refer to bad songs. Heck, some of my favorite songs of all time have been filler tracks, like "Something to Believe In", "No Brakes" and "Leave It Behind".

Filler doesn't mean bad, it means it just didn't make an impact on most people...or it's just uninspired to many...or it doesn't fit in well enough with the album, so it was clearly slapped together, etc.