PDA

View Full Version : a tale of ethnic proportions

calichix
05-18-2006, 04:36 AM
this is what happens when you work at reebok:

3 black men came in and my boss, an extremely racist lady, called the cops immediately. there are men's shoes on one side of the store then a million miles to the left of the men's shoes are the apparel racks. the perps took 12 boxes of shoes into the apparel section and 2 of them left to "go to the bank". the perviest of the 3 stayed behind and enticed me with chocolate milk euphemisms. my boss went and yelled at him and he started calling her a racist with a little mind etc etc so he stole some baby shoes and some socks and left, only to come back 5 seconds later waving money around screaming at my boss, "I GOT YOUR PAYCHECK, BITCH. YOU THINK LITTLE CAUSE YOU IS LITTLE YOU THINK LITTLE CAUSE YOU ISSS LITTLE WATCH YOUR BACK I'M GUNNING AFTER YOU BITCH" so I went over to talk him down and some douchebag middle aged mormon guy from like, Utah strolls up, tells me to "hush the hell up" whilst sticking his hand in my face and says, "My brother...... BROTHER PLEASE..." and the angry black man takes off. yada yada yada, the three black dudes take off, the pos chase them, they annihilate this chick's driver's side, she breaks her sternum on her steering wheel (breaking the steering wheel), the fellas jump out of the car and start running but get caught and one bites a huge hunk of flesh out of a fireman's arm, and the woman is airlifted to the hospital. they found tonnnnnns of meth in their car. OH, and meanwhile back at reebok the douchebag mad dogs my boss and I, gives his kids a racial equality speech, and tells us "PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME. DO. NOT. SPEAK. TO. ME." yeah, guy. you saw Crash, you're a martyr. soooo annoying.

the 2 who kept under the radar got out but the pervy one is probably lookin at 7 years. which is a bummer cause I liked him. he said, "girl your little swagger makes me be like duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh myyyyyyyy sherona". aw. shaka.

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Is it really over, myyyy sharona?

- WCM

T-6005
05-18-2006, 04:42 AM
Long chain of events.

I wish I'd gotten cool bedtime stories like this as a kid. Especially the end.

notoriousdoc
05-18-2006, 04:54 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/notoriousdoc/stopgrammartime.jpg

lightning30
05-18-2006, 05:08 AM
i hate people that post a giant picture because there gramer its stupid

notoriousdoc
05-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Well, you do provoke them.

Betty
05-18-2006, 12:07 PM
I love your stories Laura.

This is going to be a terrible post.

Big news in my city is that the first cop ever was killed while on duty, age 41. He was my sister's good friend's father, so my family knew him, etc. They were patrolling, stealth cruiser style, in the middle of the night. Major intersection, a van coming down a steep hill presumably ran a red light and smoked the cruiser in the passenger side. The passenger died. The driver and van driver were okay. We learn that the female driver was drunk. Which adds that much more to the tragedy.

Discussing with my aunt and uncle over dinner, my uncle says about the driver "she was 30." My aunt responds "you'd think that somebody that age would KNOW that you shouldn't be driving drunk." His quiet response "she was native." We don't live in a very multicultural city, so the natives end up receiving the brunt of the stereotypes, "drunk" "gambler" "criminal" etc. And it's terrible when the stereotypes are lived up to. Something as public as this just really doesn't help improve the image.

Andy
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
Those damn darkies.

Sorry, I wanted to reply to this thread, but had nothing intelligent to say.

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
It shouldn't be any surprise they live up to those stereotypes. Most poor people do in any society. They are usually just a separate ethnicity too.

- WCM

endlesst0m
05-18-2006, 12:25 PM
It shouldn't be any surprise they live up to those stereotypes. Most poor people do in any society. They are usually just a separate ethnicity too.

- WCM

What is WCM? Why do you write it after each post, unlike everyone else?

Andy
05-18-2006, 12:29 PM
What is WCM? Why do you write it after each post, unlike everyone else?
I'm guessing it's whenever it's Wheelchairman using Tizz's login.

Betty
05-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you have stated that a million times by now. And then my response is generally that it's an explanation, not an excuse. I'm sick of that discussion. I could go on, but I've said it before. My point was just that it's depressing when it happens, and this in particular hits close to home, so I will certainly remember it.

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Endlesst0m, it's a religious thing. It stands for Would Christ Mutate?

And betty, of course we've had this discussion. I just think it's lame to be sad about it, when you've never had a conviction to solve this problem. It makes your words sound really hollow. I don't mean to be offensive, but I fear that I am.

Betty
05-18-2006, 03:17 PM
You think? I can see how it would come across that way. And I'm aware that it can. But based on the way I see the situation, I don't feel as if my words sound hollow. So it would depend on your perspective. They probably sound that way to you.

Also, the way you put it "to be sad about it" does sound pretty lame. I would rather say something along the lines of "disappointed in my fellow man." That sounds lame too, and I'd rather word it better, but the meaning is different.

EDIT: Fuck, you compel me to elaborate. But seriously. This woman is not stealing to provide for her family. She's not shooting somebody to defend her home in a dangerous neighborhood. She's fucking driving home drunk. No excuse. It's disgusting. And the fact that it lives up to the stereotype is disappointing.

Tizzalicious
05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
She's driving home drunk. Like thousands of Natives do every night. Like you probably would do if you were a native woman, or like I probably would do in her situation.

But yeah, there needs to be a semantics for a situation like this, that hollywood hasn't made sound stupid yet.

0r4ng3
05-18-2006, 07:31 PM
That story reminds me of the time I made a prep girl cry at Starbucks...

HornyPope
05-19-2006, 02:16 AM
No one likes to drink and drive but what alternatives are there? A brotha's gotta drink, party, have fun. And then he's gotta make it home.
It's easy if you live in the city, if you can hop a bus or ride a taxi for under 10$ or take a walk. Or if you're a model citizen and can consume alcohol in moderation. Good for you!

But where does it leave the rest of us? The Suits behind the legislations are very inconsiderate of the drinking class.