PDA

View Full Version : What kind of punk-rock will be in future?

TDog
12-15-2004, 03:47 AM
Punk is the gratest style! But it's changing. It will be never music like this. I think, I willn't like punk of future. Maybe, it will be a hybrid of old offspring's (green day's) style and alternative music.
And how do you think?

Jojan
12-15-2004, 07:09 AM
WTF?!
Someone tell me what punk really is?!

Is this punk?

http://www.amywcook.com/1987-1991%20Scanned%20Photos/eric-punk-rock.jpg

http://www.paradise.no/priceless/005.jpg

http://www.hhrf.org/ifi/200011/westlife.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Pit/3302/rocksound2.JPG

Is it punk to NOT know how to play music, but do it anyway?
Is it punk to get inspired by bands you're listening to and start your own band eve though you don't know wnything about music?
Is it punk to be every day on MTV?
Is it punk to be political?
Is it punk to get all fucked up on drugs?

WHAT IS PUNK?

samr
12-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Well If we continue in the way of Sum 41, Simple Plan, Good charlotte and all that other crap, I think stuff like todays lesser-known punk music will go away. I mean, stuff like the sex pistols and clash are already gone. 90's punk is wrapping up (offspring, green day). I think we're pretty much screwed, until all the kids who are into that grow up, and the mallcore scene dies down.

eric_matt
12-15-2004, 08:24 AM
*nods and agrees* punk is turning into emo and emo just isnt a good thing

babycraze{Angie}
12-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Punk in a way is political, but shouldn't we all make it more realistic? Like not only singing about your own life, but about others lives, bashing on Bush or whomever you or they hate, and not to mention having a fuckin' blast thrashing schools or just mainly having fun is what I mean. Ramones, Bad Religion, Sex Pistols, Clash, DK, NOFX, and maybe others aswell (and this was not put in a particular order) who actually put togerther could've formed a combination of the best band in the entire history of punk. But hey, that's only an opinion. Or my opinion, yall might think it sucks, but that's what I say.

Slayter
12-15-2004, 09:16 AM
do you realy want to know it:);)
For notify: Offspring is alternative

Leo_ARG
12-15-2004, 09:25 AM
Wanna know what it is?
I'll tell ya:

Punk rock is the music that changes what is common and stablished, and others say that the band has to have a "no future" message on it, too.
Punk is also against hipocrecy and everything that's unfair.Is to do what makes you happy, no matter what the written and unwritten law tells you to do.

Well, sorry for my english.Hope you understand.

babycraze{Angie}
12-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Definitely, Offspring is more of Alternative. But when they first started off, they were more of punk/rock, lately they are more of Alterative. Finally somebody noticed what they really are. Thank you very much.

babycraze{Angie}
12-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Wanna know what it is?
I'll tell ya:

Punk rock is the music that changes what is common and stablished, and others say that the band has to have a "no future" message on it, too.
Punk is also against hipocrecy and everything that's unfair.Is to do what makes you happy, no matter what the writen and unwritten law tells you to do.

Well, sorry for my english.Hope you understand.
:eek: Nice definition dude. Most definitiely music and all the rest you have just said. *claps for Leo_ARG* Excellent.

TDog
12-15-2004, 07:35 PM

Я имел ввиду альтернативу типа Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit. И если спринги вроде как-бы альтернативщина, то на мой простой взгляд - просто панк-рок 90-х.

GreenTerror
12-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Я имел ввиду альтернативу типа Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit. И если спринги вроде как-бы альтернативщина, то на мой простой взгляд - просто панк-рок 90-х.
I dont know what the hell that says, but it looks cool...
I think everyone has their own definition of punk, to some people it could be just hating the government, or dressing funny, or destroying things, or having sex and doing drugs, or just being like "fuck you!".
To me, not that anyone cares, punk is exactly that, having your own opinion of how to live and what you do with your life. It could be political, violent, or rebellious, just as long as you live the way you want to, and not let anyone stop you from living life, and enjoying it while you are here. Now, Punk rock is just when someone decides pick up and instrument, and puts their ideas of punk into beautiful, beautiful music.

Superdope
12-16-2004, 06:12 AM
I think everyone has their own definition of punk, to some people it could be just hating the government, or dressing funny, or destroying things, or having sex and doing drugs, or just being like "fuck you!".
To me, not that anyone cares, punk is exactly that, having your own opinion of how to live and what you do with your life. It could be political, violent, or rebellious, just as long as you live the way you want to, and not let anyone stop you from living life, and enjoying it while you are here. Now, Punk rock is just when someone decides pick up and instrument, and puts their ideas of punk into beautiful, beautiful music.
that is beautiful beautifully said!

Leo_ARG
12-16-2004, 06:47 AM
:eek: Nice definition dude. Most definitiely music and all the rest you have just said. *claps for Leo_ARG* Excellent.

I believe that the way you dress or your haircut doesen't make you a punk rock band.

GBH2
12-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Well If we continue in the way of Sum 41, Simple Plan, Good charlotte and all that other crap, I think stuff like todays lesser-known punk music will go away. I mean, stuff like the sex pistols and clash are already gone. 90's punk is wrapping up (offspring, green day). I think we're pretty much screwed, until all the kids who are into that grow up, and the mallcore scene dies down.
i agree. emo punk sucks

GreenTerror
12-16-2004, 04:57 PM
that is beautiful beautifully said!
Why, thank you :)

killboypwrheadjx
12-16-2004, 05:07 PM
punk does not exist in this day and age. england started it, and america caught on right as it was starting to die in england and for some reason, it stuck in the us and then just started to get crappier and crappier. started out with the germs...awesome band...then to black flag...then to minor threat...then to agnostic front...then to pennywise....then to the wonderful blink 182. now, there are absolutely no punk bands on mtv at all...it's dead.

TDog
12-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh! Green terror, I think you get the point well.

meaning_of_life
12-17-2004, 02:43 AM
good charlotte is not punk. neither is simple plan. nor offspring. yes i agree punk is pretty much dead. in my opinion you cannot be a punk band if your music is played on the radio. i think the (awful) "pop punk" bands of the future are gonna get worse and worse. simple plan has already butchered what remains of the dying genre, and i think these so-called punk bands are just going to get more commercial and more poppy. i cant stand modernpunk any more.

sphinxdaking
12-17-2004, 03:05 AM
I don't think Sum 41 should be placed with simple plan and good charlotte. Sum 41 maybe started out as pop-punk but now they are like a punk-metal band...gc is pure pop-rock and so is simple plan...

dirty_magic
12-17-2004, 08:33 AM
i sorta see your point but they will always be considered a pop punk band because of their first album etc

sgwt_greg
12-17-2004, 11:19 AM

I agree with your definition too. but you also gotta realize that alot of punk was just people grabbin their instruments and havin at it. It didnt matter if they knew how to play when they started i.e.Anti-Flag, and yes The Offspring. I guess in some ways it was never about politicsbut just playing loud fast music. No real meaning to songs, but But those who did what they did with the energy they do it with and have fun. People who just didnt care about the popularity. people complain that the songs are too fast and all sound the same...Fuck that!!! most punk is no more than 4 or 5 chords per song. Thats where the term for the ramones came for 3chord wonders. If you listen to the real hardcore stuff you'll know what i mean. The Casualties, NOFX, Dead Kennedys and so on. its not about how good they sound and how popular they are. IT NEVER WAS. and those who do it for that are sell outs!!!

Leo_ARG
12-17-2004, 11:29 AM
punk does not exist in this day and age. england started it, and america caught on right as it was starting to die in england and for some reason, it stuck in the us and then just started to get crappier and crappier. started out with the germs...awesome band...then to black flag...then to minor threat...then to agnostic front...then to pennywise....then to the wonderful blink 182. now, there are absolutely no punk bands on mtv at all...it's dead.

Not true.Punk started with the Ramones,Talking Heads,Blondie in the USA, in the CBGB.The Sex Pistols and the Clash were influenced by the Ramones, who were more popular in England than in USA back in 1976.

TDog
12-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Панки - это клевые чуваки, которые понимают что к чему. Панк-рок - самый стоящий жанр!

Mr. Noodles
12-18-2004, 05:16 AM
Панки - это клевые чуваки, которые понимают что к чему. Панк-рок - самый стоящий жанр!

What the hell?!

offsprung
12-18-2004, 05:23 AM
*nods and agrees* punk is turning into emo and emo just isnt a good thing

emo's way to whiney. i stopped listening to punk when good charolette and them came out. now i listen to alt. rock and metal. and the offspring.

TDog
12-18-2004, 10:35 PM
What the hell?!

I said: punk is a really cool misic genre.
Punk-mans - cool mans.

Satankaban
12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Donīt worry. Punk dies in television but not on the concerts, in the garages and in minds of punkers. Punk is still alive. So donīt worry. Itīs not so horrible as it seems.

T-6005
12-18-2004, 11:45 PM
.... whatever.

TDog
12-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Donīt worry. Punk dies in television but not on the concerts, in the garages and in minds of punkers. Punk is still alive. So donīt worry. Itīs not so horrible as it seems.

Yes! Punk's not dead!