PDA

View Full Version : Bad News For Sum41

bouncingcoles
05-20-2006, 11:49 AM
This is news on the sum41 website. im not sure if people already know this but i decided to post this just in case.

Sum 41 Message To Fans
The four of us as Sum 41 have had an amazing time traveling the world with Dave, living the dream we all had growing up in Ajax. Dave Brownsound's decision to leave the band saddens us as friends, but we understand and support his decision to pursue a new musical path. We wish him the best of luck. We want to let our fans know that we're busy in pre-production for our next studio album and have never been more excited about the music we're creating. We can't wait for you to hear it and look forward to seeing you all very soon.

Endymion
05-20-2006, 12:05 PM
pursue a new musical path.
what path would that be? pop-punk?

Jebus
05-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Brown Brigade will have a classical metal (music) sound, which is the music that Baksh has been longing to write and play since childhood. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Brigade)

classical metal? If he means something in the lines of Yngwie Malmsteen, then ugh...

Whatever, I always thought he had potential to be a metal guitarist.

SuperKnux
05-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Hmm.. that sucks. He was pretty cool.

Oh, well. I guess we'll see what becomes of Sum 41. They seem to get better with each album, I wonder if they can still keep it up without Dave.

DeAtHsTaR
05-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I think without him they will revert back to their pop punk days.

Marco
05-21-2006, 02:26 AM
This is news on the sum41 website. im not sure if people already know this but i decided to post this just in case.

Sum 41 Message To Fans
The four of us as Sum 41 have had an amazing time traveling the world with Dave, living the dream we all had growing up in Ajax. Dave Brownsound's decision to leave the band saddens us as friends, but we understand and support his decision to pursue a new musical path. We wish him the best of luck. We want to let our fans know that we're busy in pre-production for our next studio album and have never been more excited about the music we're creating. We can't wait for you to hear it and look forward to seeing you all very soon.
The Offspring should "update" us!!

Corpse
05-21-2006, 03:15 AM
Arr man, he was my favourite member of Sum 41. O well, his choice, he does what he wants.

And yeah, Offspring havent updated the site since late March.

IAmARevenant
05-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Was he the singer?

punker
05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
^^the guitar player

i always thought he was too good to be in sum41, i like sum41 but i dont know, he didnt seem to feel good in that band, good luck for him in brown brigade

Jonner
05-24-2006, 08:13 AM
In ways i'm really sad as sum 41 were my favourite band 4 bout 3 years and i havd luvd all ther albums but the good news is the darkness will finally have sum classic rock frends in mainstream music
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCC CCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! Dave

IAmARevenant
05-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Oh, that SUX! He was a good guitarist.

Apathy
05-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Probably means there won't be many more rap/rock songs ala Fat Lip/It's what we're all about.

Or they'll just be dumb because theres only two people trading off lyrics now.

DeAtHsTaR
05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Probably means there won't be many more rap/rock songs ala Fat Lip/It's what we're all about.

Or they'll just be dumb because theres only two people trading off lyrics now.
Actually they moved away from those type of songs years ago BECAUSE of Dave. He made them into mroe of a metal band.

Apathy
05-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Actually they moved away from those type of songs years ago BECAUSE of Dave. He made them into mroe of a metal band.

Which I also liked.

I didn't like All Killer No Filler or Does this Look Infected.

But I loved Half hour of Power and Chuck.

DeAtHsTaR
05-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Which I also liked.

I didn't like All Killer No Filler or Does this Look Infected.

But I loved Half hour of Power and Chuck.
Half Hour of Power didn't have any metal stuff as far as I remember.... it had Makes no Difference on it, right? Came out in 1999?

Llamas
05-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I have all killer, half hour, and does this. The only one I like is "does this look infected". I haven't heard "chuck" but I think I'd like it. *downloads*.

Little_Miss_1565
05-25-2006, 11:02 PM
BROWNSOUND? isn't that the note that makes people spontaneously crap their pants?