PDA

View Full Version : Why?!

Punk-Freak
05-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I've just found out that the offspring have made a song called "kill the president". It should have been on their first album "the offspring", but the song ain't on my cd, Why?!

Is ther more than one version of that album?

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Kill the President was removed from the self titled album in July 2001

Emily_offspring_fan
05-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Right. Nothing to say.

Punk-Freak
05-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Why was it removed? :mad:

DeAtHsTaR
05-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Because Dex isn't an anarchist anymore.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Because George Bush sued Noodles for using a t shirt that says "Not my president" and so The Offspring were forced to remove it. :rolleyes:

no_way
05-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Because Dexter didn't wanna cause troubles with Political issues and stuff

DeAtHsTaR
05-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Because George Bush sued Noodles for using a t shirt that says "Not my president" and so The Offspring were forced to remove it. :rolleyes:

I hope you're being sarcastic! That shirt wasn't made until 2004...

the_GoDdEsS
05-20-2006, 03:47 PM
They punk!

YODAvid
05-20-2006, 03:49 PM

he was being sarcastic. ever heard of freedom of speech? you could wear a tshirt saying FUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKING PRESIDENT I HATE HIS GUTS..... noone could sue you for bashing bush...

Lizardus
05-20-2006, 03:55 PM
They punk!
Best answer till now.

Emily_offspring_fan
05-20-2006, 04:18 PM

he was being sarcastic. ever heard of freedom of speech? you could wear a tshirt saying FUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKING PRESIDENT I HATE HIS GUTS..... noone could sue you for bashing bush...
Obviously I was being sarcastic, guys. Did you noticed the smile?
---> :rolleyes:
And did you ever heard of demagoguery?
Ah, and I'm a girl.

Hyper nova
05-21-2006, 06:28 AM
To be honest they have never actually given a reason. So again this Thread is full of just speculation

Emily_offspring_fan
05-21-2006, 08:01 AM
To be honest they have never actually given a reason. So again this Thread is full of just speculation
Speculation no, stupid answers. Anyway, who knows the reason?

Mentally_Challenged
05-21-2006, 08:03 AM
From what I last heard, it was removed after 9/11. Y'know, incase everyone started thinking they were terrorists. -.-

German Andres
05-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I am not going to make any studid speculation, I wll only say that Kill the President is a great song. :D

Hyper nova
05-21-2006, 03:56 PM
From what I last heard, it was removed after 9/11. Y'know, incase everyone started thinking they were terrorists. -.-

OMG CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING THIS IT WAS REMOVED BEFORE THEN, JULY INFACT, Someone has already mentioned that it was July.

Mentally_Challenged
05-21-2006, 04:00 PM
OMG CAN PEOPLE STOP SAYING THIS IT WAS REMOVED BEFORE THEN, JULY INFACT, Someone has already mentioned that it was July.

Terribly sorry for breathing ¬_¬

Ninty Man
05-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Because... yeah... Dexter don't want any trouble... but I have it... I sell you my CD... just a kidney and a lung

Hyper nova
05-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Terribly sorry for breathing ¬_¬

No offence to you its not personal, its just there has been lik a thousand threads like this and all say its becasue of 11th of Sept when all the actually evidence point to the fact that it was removed in July 2001 and hence before the Attacks. And each of those threads someone normally puts people straight.
Its been done so many times that you could be my best mate and I'd probally blow up in your face about it. PLus the fact that it is already in teh second post as July just made it worse. So sorry for Blowing up at you but I'm just getting fustated by the repartition.

no_way
05-22-2006, 10:35 AM

Yes they have. There might be terrible speculators in here, but I've heard from confident sources that they took it out because... I've already explained that.

Hyper nova
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes they have. There might be terrible speculators in here, but I've heard from confident sources that they took it out because... I've already explained that.

Oh Really "Confident Sources", what the hell does that mean. And to only say that Dexter took it off to avoid political issuse seems vague and well… lame.

no_way
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
It's said on an interview dumbass

lost_nvrfound
05-23-2006, 08:27 AM
What is it with you people?
Always arguing about shit that you have no clue about in the first place.
All the kid asked was whether there was a different version of the song!
Then you guys, as always, have to go into some stupid arguement about why they took the damn song off.

You know what?

It doesn't matter! Its gone! Yes, it is rather tragic because that is a great song, but life must go on folks.

Though I must admit that some really memorable ones have occured because of peoples idiocy.

My personal favorite for pointless arguements will always be "OMG DEXTER IS LYKE BALDING!" "NO HE"S NOT BITCH! STFU!!"
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/lost_nvrfound/baldcopy.jpg
HAHAHA! Best picture I ever made!

el_monkey
05-23-2006, 09:25 AM

yes you can. don't know the english term but it's something like insulting a person of public life ( free translation from german)

Hyper nova
05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
It's said on an interview dumbass

Fine, Fine Fair enough, but any proof of this Interview as I dont recall seeing any Official Reason given?

Emily_offspring_fan
05-23-2006, 11:04 AM
No one knows, people! Accept it! This thread has been done before and no one know the answer! And I WASN'T speculating I was just joking with Noodles' t shirt, right?

Hyper nova
05-23-2006, 11:15 AM
yes you can. don't know the english term but it's something like insulting a person of public life ( free translation from german)

There's a diffecence tho between an opinion and making out its a fact. You cant be sued for your opinion of someone but could be sued if you said something that sounded factual but was in fact wrong, know as slander or libel if writen down

So someone can say that I think Bush is a Complete and utter Morronic Idiot and thats fine because its an Opinion
But if you said Bush Sleeps with Corpses as a Past time that would be considered slander.

It's actually a very thin line between the two. But also a very wishy-washy line. In that there is no real division between Whats considered Free Speech and waht could be Slander.

But basically its about whether its opinion or made out to be a fact and whether the infomation said is damagiang to that perosns reputation or not

Hyper nova
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
No one knows, people! Accept it! This thread has been done before and no one know the answer! And I WASN'T speculating I was just joking with Noodles' t shirt, right?
It was obvious you were joking but other people have speculated a lot maybe not so obvoiusly in this thread but in a mass of other identical threads

Emily_offspring_fan
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
There's a diffecence tho between an opinion and making out its a fact. You cant be sued for your opinion of someone but could be sued if you said something that sounded factual but was in fact wrong, know as slander or libel if writen down

So someone can say that I think Bush is a Complete and utter Morronic Idiot and thats fine because its an Opinion
But if you said Bush Sleeps with Corpses as a Past time that would be considered slander.

It's actually a very thin line between the two. But also a very wishy-washy line. In that there is no real division between Whats considered Free Speech and waht could be Slander.

But basically its about whether its opinion or made out to be a fact and whether the infomation said is damagiang to that perosns reputation or not
Yeah, you're right. Actually, I don't think we have that "right of speech", we have, but there are demagogue governors and all that, which don't let you. I don't know how to say in English, hope you understand me.

Hyper nova
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Yer I think I get what your saying, you can say whats on you mind but you can only go so far.

Ryder1234
05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
because 9/11

noodle654
05-23-2006, 07:27 PM
It was removed after 9/11

Hyper nova
05-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Are You two trying to get me PISSED OFF or are you just 2 big DUMBASSES

CAN I REPEAT IT WAS REMOVED IN JUNE/JULY 2001

That is BEFORE 11th of September
NOTE THE DATE 16 JULY 2001 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004SFZ3/qid=1148479376/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_11_7/202-7719432-9861403)
Another SIte With 16th JULY as Release Date (http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=93;-1;-1;-1&sku=518886)
Another one with american release date of 26th JUNE 2001 (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:evde4j577wat)
Enough evidence that it was not removed due to 11th Sept. or do you want more?