PDA

View Full Version : Tanechka

HornyPope
05-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I have a question for you, darling.

What's the opinion of Russian youth, including your own, on popular Russian gangster movies like Bumer (1&2), Brigada, Banditskiy Petersburg, Brat and a bunch of smaller ones I haven't seen or heard of yet?

And what's the opinion on the recent war movies like Shtrafbat and Грозовые Ворота? I don't want to put the last two in the same sentance because they are worlds apart but you tell me how the teens and young adults react to each of those films.

For the rest of you, I think Bumer is monumental and smooth like Pulp Fiction, albeit just a little overdone in the bid to look "cool". It is, however, far more gruesome and sad (both emtions trademarked as Slav identity). For a while I was toying with the idea of playing these movies in American theatres but i'm not convinced that the audience will get the plot. Or appriciate the sad endings.

It's not that American kids are stupid (they are, but that's not the point) but in Russian movies the corruption is present and taken for granted. There's none of that "we-going-to frame-him-now" talk between the police partners. Cops just do. They don't announce it before the audience and if you as much blink you may miss the next relevant scene that this frame-up (which in itself is irrelevant) is bulding up for. Like how the characters talk their way out of the frame up in a cool and smooth manner that makes the audience--who themselves dealt at more than one occasion with corrupted cops--move on their sits and gigle with envy.

Sin Studly
05-20-2006, 11:14 PM
I think my dcerushka is more into movies like Father Frost. But the east/west cultural gap is always interesting.

Rocky-girl
05-21-2006, 12:21 AM
hm, interesting quostion, Vladik. Well I like Bumer very much, I think it's real. It's real situation nowadays. Not because of gangsters, because of the main story:3 friends helped their friend and he paid them with treason. Like in proverb Friend in need is friend indeed.
Brat was made in hard time for my country. But I like the Danila Bogrov's spirit. His confidence in what he does, that truth will win. Then I like movie Sisters but it's very close to fairy tale. Brigada is also good film, but it makes all gangsters very kind and good. That is a fairy tale too.

And yes if my dear papushka said so I'll do what he said.

Trash
05-23-2006, 02:21 AM
these films are stupid
real life...bla-bla-bla
life is not so bad as you think