PDA

View Full Version : AFI - Decemberunderground

Pages : [1] 2

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-11-2006, 06:37 AM
With the new AFI album coming out in less than a month, let's talk about it. I decided to make a thread devoted to this album because talking about the album as a whole in a thread about the single would be misleading (plus Vera suggested it also). Well, I for one am excited.

Here's a track-by-track analysis by Davey Havok from Kerrang:

PRELUDE 12/21
This is the introduction to the album. Itís really exciting for me to have this because I was wary of doing one at all, but we decided to take on the challenge. Itís definitely very different from any one weíve done before. It has a presence and a very large, cinematic feel to it, yet itís somewhat intimate as well. Itís very striking.

KILL CAUSTIC
This is a hardcore song. Actually, itís the one hardcore song on the record. Itís really fun to play Ė itís got a little two-step part and a breakdown part. Itís great because itís got ties to our past and that community, which is definitely a huge part of us, which makes it a personal stand-out track.

MISS MURDER
This is the first single. This one is in a time signature that weíve never worked in before and itís got a swing fell going on. Itís also got a grimey, rockíníroll vibe to it. Ronan Harris from VNV Nation [London electronic synthpop duo] helped us out on programming parts.

SUMMER SHUDDER
This is a very anthemic, catchy song. It also really reminds me of Quicksand [influential New York post-hardcore band] in the groove. Itís very melodic.

THE INTERVIEW
This song is the bandís favourite on the record. Itís a very intimate, moody, cold pop song. It has quite a dark feel to it, but again has a big anthemic chorus.

LOVE LIKE WINTER
This is a song thatís unlike anything that weíve done before, which is very exciting for us. Itís very unique. Itís based on this very focused loop that runs throughout the song and opens up into a chorus that some people whoíve heard it say is so 80s it makes them want to grow their hair back out! Iím not sure I get that vibe but it has a very arena rock feel to it. It includes some of my favourite lyrics on the record. I definitely have enough going on with me personally that I can be inspired to write!

AFFLICTION
This is definitely the most relentless song on the record. Itís very brutal and very aggressive pretty much non-stop all the way through, with a brief moment of Black Sabbath and Melvins met with some very rich backing vocals. The women that did the vocals were fantastic Ė very soulful and talented. If thereís some slamming to be done in the mosh pit, itíll be to this song.

THE MISSING FRAME
This is the first song in quite some time that has Ďwhoaís on it! Itís the only song on ĎDecemberundergroundí that does. The last record was virtually bereft of Ďwhoaís. For a while our albums were laden with them and then we didnítí do them any more, but theyíre back on this song! For whatever thatís worth! This song has a protopunk vibe to the verse and thereíre some definite U2 moments to it too.. I love it.

KISS AND CONTROL
This is a really dark, dramatic song. Itís very moody and has an aggressive yet melodic chorus. I was really proud that this made the record because Iím really happy with the lyrics. People have said that they sound like a stream of consciousness but by no means did I intend that. Theyíre very pointed in my mind! TheyíreÖ letís just say that theyíre very colourful and leave it at that!

THE KILLING LIGHTS
This is a very catchy, bold pop song. Itís really melodic and has a nice piano outro that I really like.

37MM
This is definitely a stand-out track. Itís the one that people are like ďthis is my favourite songĒ or just say ďwhat is that?!Ē. Itís virtually a synthpop song. Itís very loop-based and melodic. Itís very different.

ENDLESSLY, SHE SAID
This is also another band favourite. Itís very dark and emotional and has a very intimate, personal feel to it. Itís a great way to close the record.

Discuss.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Oh, and here's a detailed description of the album from one of the afiseries board members who went to a listening party:

When Davey described the album as "cold" and "detached," he hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of electronic parts. It's probably too early to say this, but I'm almost certain it's my favorite AFI album. A lot of the song lyrics I could discern seem to be interrelated and refer to other songs. Davey's voice has greatly improved - both his singing and his screaming. I tried writing a song-by-song description, but then I realized my descriptions were so vague that most people who read them would probably get the completely wrong idea from them. Here are a few things I specifically remember though:

Summer Shudder has a catchy chorus that really struck an emotional vibe in me.

The Interview is an amazing AMAZING song with an organ part at the end. The lyrics that you have from The Interview are sung during that organ part. The song has a lot of electronic parts, if I remember correctly.

Love Like Winter is mostly electronic. At the beginning, there are some lyrics about it being December every day and if you press your lips against these frozen sculptures you'll want to stay. I think I remember the word "flood" being repeated. This is definately one of my favorites.

Affliction is mostly screaming. At the end (either as part of the same song or as the next track) there's an instrumental electronic part with what sounds like an answering machine message at the end.

Kiss and Control (or at least I think it's K&C - I lost count of the tracks here) is one of my favorite songs on the CD. There's a powerful spoken word part towards the end where Davey says something about burning like stars. It sent chills up my spine. The chorus is also very powerful and alternates between singing and screaming.

The Killing Lights is a catchy rock song with interesting lyrics that I interpreted as having something to do with trying so hard to live up to what the other person in a relationship wants you to be. I think one of the lines is "Am I beautiful? Am I useable?"

37mm - very VERY interesting lyrics. Something like "I'd tell you my secret if I thought you'd believe it. And if you did, then you'd fall just like me. Would you fall into me?" That could be WAY off, but that's what I heard. The song is very emotional, seems to have religious references, and is very appropriate for a 2nd-to-last song.

Endlessly, She Said - In my opinion, the best song on the CD. The chorus is "'I'll wait for you,' she said, 'Endlessly'" and is unbelievably emotional. I remember some really cool guitar riffs in this song. The last time Davey sings the chorus, there are bg vocals and it's really epic. Davey's screaming at the end of this song is probably the most emotional screaming he's ever done. The last word he sings on the song is "endlessly" but the way he sings it is chilling - it's almost feminine. I can't stress enough how amazing this song is, especially Davey's vocals at the end.

And HeadAroundU, if you wanna post any leaks you happen to find, post 'em here. :)

Vera
05-11-2006, 06:51 AM
I can't wait to hear it because it sounds like I'll either love it or hate it. And going by my track record of loving basically everything AFI has produced (every record that is, not necessarily every song), I'll probably love it.

Am a bit iffy about it being a "cold, detached" album because the one thing I've liked about AFI's music in general has been the way it has moved me, I can't explain but sometimes you listen to music or watch a film or read a book and it's so amazing you can feel it inside you. That sounds weird but maybe some of you will get what I mean. The music's been close to me, it's had a lot of feeling to it, which had added to its meaning.

I can listen to music that doesn't move me but sounds good, but it's always lovely if music can move me AND sound good.

Also the bit about the techno bits.. Hmm.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Yeah I know what you mean. I get that feeling too. Other descriptions I've read were that this record has some of the most emotional stuff AFI has ever done, that they poured their hearts and souls into this album and it shows that it was an album that was definitely not rushed. Jade said they paid very close attention to detail, not just on every song, but every guitar part, every vocal part and so on. They also had alot of material written for this album. I believe Adam said with the amount of material they had written, they could have made 5 albums, and to condense all of that material into an album's worth of songs was very difficult. It sounds like they really really really worked hard on this record. I really can't wait to hear it.

Thinking it over again, how much time AFI has put into making this record, I don't think it would seem right for me to download any leaked songs. If I do, it'd be Kill Caustic and that's it, because I've heard the live version of it already. Other than that, though, I think I want the new album to be a complete surprise for me. Only less than a month away. I think I can wait a little bit longer.

Little_Miss_1565
05-11-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm extremely pumped for this record. They're reaching back to the hxc days on one track! It sounds like they're really emotionally into this one, and I'm excited for it. Sexually.

On the other hand, it sounds like they really might turn into VNV Nation. ;)

Mike_911
05-11-2006, 08:25 AM
i'm going to hear the album tonight at some afi cd release party in toronto.. then afi are going to play as a "suprise" after the album is done since they are in town tonight. it's gonna be sweet. super small club.

i'll let everyone know how the album is

Vera
05-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm excited for it. Sexually.
Hot.

I really wish AFI would visit Finland. I was thinking about the December & winter references on the album and how melancholic one becomes when living in a land that has a "real winter", one with cold and snow and darkness all friggin' day long.

I should write them or something, "Come see the shit I live through each year."

HeadAroundU
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
This is going to be the best album I will ever hear. I'm not pumped or (sexually) excited which is really strange. I'll be in shock for a few days while asking myself if it's real.

It's really unbelievable how they mutated from totally average punk band into something beautiful like the lifecycle of a butterfly.

I don't know
05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
by the analysis I think it's gonna be... I don't know, I wanna hear decemberunderground right now,you really can't have an idea of the songs by those analysis, and some of them makes us think that the song is worst than it really is

18visions
05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
So no leak yet?

I've checked limewire everyday now for the past month.

WTF dude, I had STS like almost 2 months before that ish came out.

bouncingcoles
05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
too many AFI threads. i hope they rest of the album is better then Mrs murder or whatever

bouncingcoles
05-12-2006, 01:55 PM
So no leak yet?

I've checked limewire everyday now for the past month.

WTF dude, I had STS like almost 2 months before that ish came out.

ya so did i

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
too many AFI threads. i hope they rest of the album is better then Mrs murder or whatever

I decided we should probably let the Miss Murder thread die. The album comes out in 3 weeks (2 weeks for the UK), so I figured starting a discussion about the album as a whole would be more appropriate. We can speculate for now, but when it comes out then we can talk about it, what we think of it, etc. Some people have been lucky enough to attend listening parties and have heard it already, and from the descriptions I've read it sounds interesting.

And if HeadAroundU happens to stumble upon any leaks he can post them here. (since he seems to be the one on top of that shit)

SuperKnux
05-12-2006, 03:29 PM
This is going to be one hell of a record. I can not wait for the new AFI album. It is going to be very difficult not to download a leak of it. (I'm the kind of guy who wants to wait for the entire package, and all.)

Out of all my anticipated albums released this year (RHCP, Racounteurs, Angels & Airwaves, ect..), "decemberunderground" is the album that I am so waiting for. It's going to be amazing.

On little thing that gets me though.. all the latest AFI albums have had a hidden track, and the more I read up on this album. It looks like it won't have one. Oh, well.

Oh, by the way.. anybody know if Butch Vig had any hand in production for "decemberunderground"?

HeadAroundU
05-12-2006, 04:45 PM
On little thing that gets me though.. all the latest AFI albums have had a hidden track, and the more I read up on this album. It looks like it won't have one. Oh, well.

Oh, by the way.. anybody know if Butch Vig had any hand in production for "decemberunderground"?
They have recorded 14 songs. 12 + Don't change + maybe Silver and Cold acoustic. So it seems like there is no hidden track. But who knows?

BONUS TRACKS:
UK version - RRR37 and Head like a hole (people hate it because it doesn't flow with the album)
German version - RRR37
US version - nothing

It's produced by Jerry Finn only.

black_dust
05-13-2006, 06:07 AM
Just Jerry Finn

Little_Miss_1565
05-13-2006, 10:37 AM
omfg i'm GOING TO SEE AFI ON THEIR TOUR THIS SUMMER. yay!

Lars
05-13-2006, 10:51 AM
pssshh... I forgot to listen in on the radio when they announced a small show over here. I checked tickets a few days later and ofcourse it was sold out. I'm going to see 65daysofstatic instead that night.

SuperKnux
05-13-2006, 11:21 AM
AFI, is going to perform at KROQ's "Weenie Roast" tonight (May 13th). You can see the live broadcast here (http://www.kroq.com/). I hope some of the AFI fans rip the audio track or video. :)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Any rips or leaks yet?

bouncingcoles
05-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh, by the way.. anybody know if Butch Vig had any hand in production for "decemberunderground"?[/QUOTE]

i doubt it

SuperKnux
05-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, it seems like it's just Jerry Finn. Alright guys, thanks for the info. :)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-15-2006, 04:06 AM
Miss Murder Director's Cut video!! It has Prelude 12/21 in it!!!!

http://music.yahoo.com/

Prelude 12/21: http://download.yousendit.com/A0BF9A5365A6DC75

This is a very VERY different intro, you guys. Be warned. It almost sounds lullaby-ish, and then kind of hip-hop-ish. It sounds really neat, though. Then again, I'm pretty much all over AFI's nuts anyway. This definitely made my jaw drop though. I was like "What the fuck is that?!" In a good way, though.

I'm sure lots here won't like it, but whatever. I think it's very neat.

HeadAroundU
05-15-2006, 04:40 AM
oh, ShutUpYouFuckingPirate! :D

I like it,
and it reminded me of A perfect circle for some reason.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-15-2006, 04:50 AM
oh, ShutUpYouFuckingPirate! :D

I like it,
and it reminded me of A perfect circle for some reason.

Hahaha yeah I'm a pirate. Except oddly enough I got it from the AFI boards. What the hell, right? haha.

I almost kind of get that vibe, but then when the song picks up there's just almost this hiphop vibe to it also. It's really weird. But I am in love with this intro.

HeadAroundU
05-15-2006, 05:01 AM
...heh...50 cent + A perfect circle.

When I have my volume up the sound at the beginning is annoying.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-15-2006, 05:06 AM
I heard that the "fog" music on their temporary website wasn't going to be on the new album. If so, that's sad, because I liked that music.

Whatever, I'm sure the whole cd will be fantastic regardless. :)

HeadAroundU
05-15-2006, 05:12 AM
yeah...I liked the FOG also. They could put it at the end of the record.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-15-2006, 11:06 AM
This is different than what's being played on the site, but it's basically the same tune. A little faster.

SuperKnux
05-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Prelude 12/21 fuckin' rules! God damn, this album is gunna rock. It only makes me want the album even more.

redeemer691
05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
well i can see u guys wanna hear the album really bandly ehh well i have a bootlegg of it recorded at the listening party and i have a cd qualty Prelude 12/21 for u guys who want the bootlegg here u go :) P.S. this didn't coem from me lol http://rapidshare.de/files/20256110/Decemberunderground_Listening_Party.zip.html

Lars
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I hate rapishare, I always have to find a proxy to download because it doesn't like my isp's assigned ips. Finally found one which didn't have a queue time.

HeadAroundU
05-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm listening to it right now! I love you!!! :)

Haste Killed Creativity
05-16-2006, 03:13 PM
I can't wait for this album. Been waiting 3 years for it and it's almost here.

HeadAroundU
05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
whoa! Kiss and control is a great song!

Can't wait for a good quality leak.

HeadAroundU
05-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Prelude 12/21 - seems to be a very good intro for this record but i think that miseria cantare is still my favourite intro.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
hardcore screaming songs:
Kill caustic - you know
Affliction - it's like a Death of seasons but a bit slower, Davey sings so beautifully before the end and this is followed by screaming again.
Kiss and control - deep beautiful hardcore moody melodic song - kick ass!!!
anthemic songs ala Girls not grey:
Summer Shudder
Love like winter
both catchy as hell.
4:00-4:30 minute songs:
Endlessly,she said
The interview
Band's favourites. Due to shitty quality leak they are not that impressive.

The missing frame - it has 2 parts, it even makes 6:20 of the record......meh....good
The killing lights - this song ruleZZZ! I love it, it's so innocent. It reminds me of RRR37.
37mm - seems to be a very good quality song.
there is something similar between Endlessly,she said and Kiss and control.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-16-2006, 09:32 PM
What I can tell sounds pretty awesome. Yeah....I was bad.

WebDudette
05-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Would someone mind uploading it to another website for me? Rapidshare doesn't work o nthis comp.

offspring kid
05-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Can someone please upload the file on another site! please, dying to hear the songs

Hallowedgraves
05-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Someone pleaaaaase upload this to YouSendIt or something... I cant wait any longer!

Hallowedgraves
05-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Ive also downloaded the torrent, which no one is seeding... share people!

HeadAroundU
05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
It's working! try again.
http://rapidshare.de/files/20256110/Decemberunderground_Listening_Party.zip.html
1.scroll down and click FREE
2.wait 55 seconds
3.enter 3 characters
4.click download

Hallowedgraves
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Honest dude, its not

Lars
05-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Use a proxy then.

SuperKnux
05-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I won't hear the album till the day it's released. Though what I do want to know is, how long is the record?

HeadAroundU
05-17-2006, 05:21 PM
44 minutes and 11 seconds

SuperKnux
05-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Ah, cool, cool. That sounds alright. Thanks.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-18-2006, 03:44 AM
And that's without a hidden track. There may not be one, but if there is, that'd be cool. I'm just as happy without one though.

The advanced copy of STS didn't have "This Time Imperfect", so it may be possible that this new album will have an extra song as well. I'd be happy either way, though, as "Endlessly, She Said" is a great album closer.

FrancoDaHui
05-18-2006, 11:18 AM
sounds really good but a little pop
i can't wait for it!!!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-18-2006, 12:11 PM
A little pop is not bad.

SuperKnux
05-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah, what's wrong with pop? ..I think everything I listen to is pretty much pop. : P

HeadAroundU
05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
It seems like he had nothing to say. :D
yeah! POP rules!! :cool: :D

FrancoDaHui
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
well i don't think it's a bad thing that the new album sound pop, it's just that i'm used to listen black sails in the sunset a lot :D

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-19-2006, 12:14 PM
OMG I'm going to see AFI July 31st!!!

nightvision
05-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I really like this stuff, can't wait 'til the release.
But what about the cover of 'Don't Change'? I just love it!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-19-2006, 06:31 PM
There's an alternate version of Miss Murder, you guys. I don't know how I feel about this one yet. It sounds really different.

Rip it here (I just copied and pasted from someone else's rip): http://www.a7xdatabase.com/Hosting/

Drum Goddess
05-19-2006, 06:55 PM
I really like Miss Murder, so I think I'm gonna get the cd.

RobinoZombie
05-20-2006, 05:15 AM
cheers for the listening party rip. downloading it now!and thanx for the alternate version of MM:D
cheers!

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Holy SHIT!!! It's leaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I don't have a registration at http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/349962/?show_files=&page=1#comments
:( :( :(

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Decemberunderground 37Mb version:
http://rapidshare.de/files/20911145/AFIduadv.upped.by.tex.rar.html
:)

RobinoZombie
05-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Holy SHIT!!! It's leaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I don't have a registration at http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/349962/?show_files=&page=1#comments
:( :( :(

whats the trouble?!
its just download at the top
or atleast i could:)
thanx for supporting the link thou

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 06:45 AM
how can I download it? :confused:

RobinoZombie
05-20-2006, 06:48 AM
wiped out....

nightvision
05-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Greeeeat! Thanks HAU!

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 06:53 AM
open the demenoid link and then just klick att the torrent?!
december underground (http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/HTTP/349962/)
dont you have a torrent program?!
nah...thanx but I'm not registered!! Post a torrent here! :)

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm listening to it but 37MB version only.

Liesbeth
05-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks HeadAroundU! You're the best :)

SuperKnux
05-20-2006, 02:33 PM
So it's finally happened.

Oh boy. The next couple of weeks are going to be hard for me. But alas, I will try and hold out until the release date.

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 03:07 PM
It's here also: 37Mb and 61Mb torrent
http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=afi&ext=&op=and&ihp=1&iht=-1&ihs1=8&iho1=a

No problem Liesbeth, you are very kind.
SuperKnux, it's a beautiful and fantastic record! Be strong! :D

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-20-2006, 03:14 PM
So I caved.

What. a. beautiful. album. :D

My favorite is 37mm.

im alone
05-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Im on t3 fiber optics.. So if anyone wants to download it from me.. GO ahead

AIM - icaserare

nothing else to really disscuss

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 03:32 PM
So I caved.
What. a. beautiful. album. :D
My favorite is 37mm.
haha. :)

My favourites are:
Kiss and control and The killing lights.

37mm is definately stand-out track. Musicaly!
The interview and Endlessly, she said are growing on me.
And of course Summer shudder and Love like winter are sweeeeeeeeet.

HeadAroundU
05-20-2006, 03:40 PM
There is an unlisted track. Do you think that it's going to be placed at the end or before the missing frame?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Why did you start a new thread about this when I had my thread right here on the first page?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
There is an unlisted track. Do you think that it's going to be placed at the end or before the missing frame?

I think it's before the missing frame. The listening party played the songs in order and that little instrumental part is before the missing frame. It's not yet known whether it's the end of affliction or the beginning of the missing frame.

I was hoping the unlisted song would be a hidden track after Endlessly, She Said. Oh well, looks like we might not have a hidden track this time around. Whatever. 45 minutes is good enough for me. :)

FrancoDaHui
05-20-2006, 06:01 PM
this is fucking sweet!!!! im downloading it right now :D

i think my favourites are the missing frame, love like winter and 37 mm

Liesbeth
05-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Amazing album! I like the Missing Frame the most, that intro is just sweet. Endlessly, She Said is very, very good too.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-21-2006, 06:36 AM
And 45 minutes is about average AFI album length anyway. So without a hidden track, DU is already longer than every other album they've put out except Black Sails and STS. And Black Sails is only like, 2 minutes longer.

The Missing Frame is really really good.

bd007h
05-21-2006, 06:56 PM
can someone upload the actual album? Torrents don't work here at my college dorm

Endymion
05-21-2006, 09:43 PM
so i listened to the whole thing a few days ago. i really wanted to like it, but it was just boring and uninspired. it just felt too much like a slight variation on more of the same.

neocon58
05-22-2006, 04:01 AM
Just curious guys, what's the quality like for you guys? I've got ones encoded at 192, and they sound cheap, like they're encoded at 92 or something.

bd007h
05-22-2006, 09:05 AM
yeah, the sound quality is kinda bad. Hopefully a better quality leak will surface in the next few days.

original_prankster
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I will be buying this the day it comes out...

Or I'll be seeing the remake of The Omen. Hmmm. Hard choice. :D

bouncingcoles
05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
i actually like this cd somewhat. i didnt htink i would. its got some interesting electronica stuff which i dig. i still like the old stuff more but i like it more then sing the sorrow. atleast at the moment i do

bd007h
05-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Decent album, but it's even more Overproduced than STS was

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Decent album, but it's even more Overproduced than STS was

Well, there's alot of electronica elements. It's going to be.

Jakebert
05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, a non-overproduced electronic album wouldn't sound so good.

Little_Miss_1565
05-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Just pre-ordered it on iTunes. Interactive booklet and 2 bonus traxxx, ftw!

HeadAroundU
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Tell us what's your favourite song if you didn't do it so far. :)

Endymion
05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah, a non-overproduced electronic album wouldn't sound so good.
i highly disagree.

HeadAroundU
05-23-2006, 05:05 PM
We can exclusively say that the 'untitled' track that will appear between track 7 and 8 will be tacked on to the end of Affliction. The track can be considered one and the same as Affliction bringing the official title to "Affliction And Then I'll Be Home". This title changed for the final announced tracklisting, but this is the original track title of Affliction and the 'unlisted' track as a whole.

--------------------

There are two new Decemberunderground session tracks announced. The first is called "On The Arrow" and may or may not be the secret track on DU (The leak "unlisted track" actually has a name we may announce later [Update: See above] but is NOT at the end of the CD). The other track is exclusive to iTunes pre-orders and is a cover of Morrissey's "Jack The Ripper".

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Tell us what's your favourite song if you didn't do it so far. :)

37mm and The Killing Lights are by far my favorite songs.

Oh, and Kiss And Control. I also like Affliction and The Missing Frame alot. Those are all my favorites.

bd007h
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Summer Shudder is probably my fav so far

Little_Miss_1565
05-24-2006, 04:36 AM
Wait wait...how are you guys hearing the album?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Wait wait...how are you guys hearing the album?

It leaked....and we were bad.

Llamas
05-25-2006, 02:42 AM
did you guys get the actual version of the album, or just bootlegs? I have the real version, if you don't have it.

I'm not a fan... it's okay, but man. There are like 3 songs on the album that sound like AFI songs. Most of these songs, if I heard them and didn't know it was AFI, I wouldn't be able to tell. ESPECIALLY if davey wasn't singing... the music doesn't sound like them. There are a few good ones. I do like kill caustic. miss murder is shit, summer shudder sounds emo, the interview is pretty good for a slower song, love like winter doesn't sound like AFI at all, affliction is alright but it sounds unoriginal... sounds like a lack of creativity- they wanted a song that would keep their old fans drawn in, missing frame is boring and not AFI sounding, kiss and control is good the intro sucks but it soon becomes a strong AFI ballad, the killing light is bland as all hell, 37mm doesn't sound like AFI and it sounds like pop rock, endlessly she said is alright but very mediocre, untitled is shit and has no elements of AFI in it.

I guess this album would be okay if it wasn't AFI. I'm trying really hard to like it... to remember the AFI from the black sails in the sunset, and the art of drowning days... when I LOVED them... :-/

Kitten
05-25-2006, 02:53 AM
When did you get it? I didn't think it came out till the 6th of June.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-25-2006, 03:41 AM
did you guys get the actual version of the album, or just bootlegs? I have the real version, if you don't have it.

I'm not a fan... it's okay, but man. There are like 3 songs on the album that sound like AFI songs. Most of these songs, if I heard them and didn't know it was AFI, I wouldn't be able to tell. ESPECIALLY if davey wasn't singing... the music doesn't sound like them. There are a few good ones. I do like kill caustic. miss murder is shit, summer shudder sounds emo, the interview is pretty good for a slower song, love like winter doesn't sound like AFI at all, affliction is alright but it sounds unoriginal... sounds like a lack of creativity- they wanted a song that would keep their old fans drawn in, missing frame is boring and not AFI sounding, kiss and control is good the intro sucks but it soon becomes a strong AFI ballad, the killing light is bland as all hell, 37mm doesn't sound like AFI and it sounds like pop rock, endlessly she said is alright but very mediocre, untitled is shit and has no elements of AFI in it.

I guess this album would be okay if it wasn't AFI. I'm trying really hard to like it... to remember the AFI from the black sails in the sunset, and the art of drowning days... when I LOVED them... :-/

that's not the actual album, dude. That "untitled" section is NOT supposed to be played at the end of the album. It's a track that plays between Affliction and The Missing Frame. I think at the end of Affliction. Hot Topic just didn't know how to put them in order, because they got these advanced copies that they played (which is how it leaked). The untitled song is the same thing that was played between Afflcition and The Missing Frame at the Listening Parties. It still isn't known whether or not On The Arrow will be a hidden track after Endlessly, She Said on the retail copy of Decemberunderground or just an iTunes exclusive.

HeadAroundU
05-25-2006, 04:29 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/himura_battousai_86/hunterkick.jpg

Llamas
05-25-2006, 04:35 AM
oh, my bad SUYFM. I was told that was it. Plus I didn't read the entire thread and thought you guys only had that bootleg from the listening party, not the actual studio recorded stuff. That's what I meant.

And god, I didn't realize they were releasing it on 666... that's so lame. Especially because the album isn't remotely hardcore.

HeadAroundU
05-25-2006, 04:48 AM
And god, I didn't realize they were releasing it on 666... that's so lame. Especially because the album isn't remotely hardcore.
U are fucking annoying. Go away. No one likes you.

HeadAroundU
05-25-2006, 06:18 AM
AFI's Evolution Hasn't Alienated Open-Minded Fans
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

AFI have been doing their darndest to keep their upcoming album, Decemberunderground, shrouded in mystery. The band are reluctant to discuss specific details, but want to make it clear that they have nothing to prove.

"I just don't really care how people think, and if people are not gonna like something," says guitarist and chief songwriter Jade Puget. "There's certainly moments where you go, 'Well, this song is kinda crazy, it's kinda poppy, it's kinda this or that. How are people going to react to it?' And it's always those songs that are the ones that people like the most.

"I know on Black Sails In The Sunset, the first album I wrote with AFI, there was a song called 'God Called In Sick Today,' and we almost left the song off there because we were like, 'This song is so poppy.' In retrospect, of course, it's not. Same thing on The Art Of Drowning with 'Morningstar.' We always write these songs where we're worried what people think, but they always end up being these crowd fan favourites."

The experimental routes the band are known for taking have inevitably alienated their old hardcore punk fans, but Puget doesn't regret those creative choices.

"I don't ever regret that for a second because, if you regret that, then you start regretting the songs that you've written and you regret the direction you've taken. And I don't regret that. I know none of us do.

"A fan that only wants to hear one kind of song, and a kind of song that was written when people in the band were 15 years old, what band is really going to do that? That's kind of a pipe dream. And if you want to do that, then you can listen to the same record all day."

The guitarist has faith in the band's core fans, however, as the majority of them understand AFI's tendency to go beyond what's expected of them.

"I think that group of fans who have been around for a long time, if they're still around with us after Sing The Sorrow, then they kind of accepted that we were going to change on every record and they embrace that and expect that. I think that's why those fans are so cool. I mean, any fans that have been around for a while and they just want straight-up punk, they want to hear shit like on Answer That And Stay Fashionable, then I'm sure that they would have left long ago. The people that have stayed with us are the ones that I think are really open to what we try to do and are open for us to experiment and progress."

Acceptance from fans has continued to allow the band to progress on their own terms, Puget believes.

"Basically, for every record, we just try to write a record that we think is good. And hopefully, if this also resonates with people out there, especially our fans, of course, and people that haven't heard us, then so much the better. But I think we start off by writing a record that we think is good. That's all we can really do."

Little_Miss_1565
05-25-2006, 08:18 AM

Oh yes, because hardcore has the trademark on the number 666. do you have any idea how many people are releasing things on that day? Please get off the high horse, you might fall and hurt yourself.

Lithuanian Offspring
05-25-2006, 12:59 PM
I skipped most of the thread but I wanted to say that the Miss Murder video (the whole version) is one of the coolest ones I've ever seen. It's pretty good.
Miss Murder (Extended) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0h9_C99vZw)

BIG Nicky
05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
I skipped most of the thread but I wanted to say that the Miss Murder video (the whole version) is one of the coolest ones I've ever seen. It's pretty good.
Miss Murder (Extended) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0h9_C99vZw)
Congrats to Marc Webb (aka the director).!

Jakebert
05-25-2006, 02:59 PM

Since when is only hardcore allowed to release albums that day? Did I miss a memo?

Seriously, 6/6/06 is a great album release date even if you have nothing to do with the whole Satan thing. It's memorable, so when people see that's when it's coming out once, they'll remember it. Also, it's the first Tuesday in June, and a lot of kids (myself included) like buying albums early in the summer to kind of make up a sound track for that summer. Seriously, stop being dumb.

Llamas
05-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Since when is only hardcore allowed to release albums that day? Did I miss a memo?

Seriously, 6/6/06 is a great album release date even if you have nothing to do with the whole Satan thing. It's memorable, so when people see that's when it's coming out once, they'll remember it. Also, it's the first Tuesday in June, and a lot of kids (myself included) like buying albums early in the summer to kind of make up a sound track for that summer. Seriously, stop being dumb.

true, I mis-assumed. I was definitely in a shitty mood and was currently annoyed with the new album, haha. I actually did think about it later, and thought "well, they're not the only band releasing it that day... they might not have done it with any implications". so yeah. my mistake.

HeadAroundU
05-26-2006, 04:23 AM
true, I mis-assumed. I was definitely in a shitty mood and was currently annoyed with the new album, haha. I actually did think about it later, and thought "well, they're not the only band releasing it that day... they might not have done it with any implications". so yeah. my mistake.
1. If you are in a shitty mood, don't go here!
2. Don't post one sided reviews, there is nothing positive about them and about you. You theat with them like they are a pile of shit.
3. Think twice before you are gonna post something.
4. "U are fucking annoying. Go away. No one likes you." Keep in mind this sentence before you are gonna post something.
5. Don't say "I don't post here to make friends". It's pathetic.

offspring kid
05-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Kill Caustic has to be the best song on the album

H1T_That
05-26-2006, 03:20 PM
'endlessly, she said' has to be my favourite so far......i also love the prelude 12/21

I don't know
05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
kill caustic is definitely my favorite

FrancoDaHui
05-26-2006, 03:53 PM
love like winter is the best song, i hope they make it single

and i just read the lyrics(www.plyrics.com) and they're awesome!!!

Llamas
05-27-2006, 12:18 AM
1. If you are in a shitty mood, don't go here!
2. Don't post one sided reviews, there is nothing positive about them and about you. You theat with them like they are a pile of shit.
3. Think twice before you are gonna post something.
4. "U are fucking annoying. Go away. No one likes you." Keep in mind this sentence before you are gonna post something.
5. Don't say "I don't post here to make friends". It's pathetic.

I have a right to go where I want, no matter what my mood.
I didn't post a REVIEW, I posted an OPINION. Yes, opinions often ARE one sided. It's not like I don't read other opinions to find out what other people think.
I don't care what people think of me on a message board.
How is it pathetic to not try to make friends on a message board?

Llamas
05-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Kill Caustic has to be the best song on the album

I agree 100% :) killer song!

offspringing
05-27-2006, 09:38 AM
if anyone has cd qualiy of kill caustic please can you post it

cool 2 hate 681
05-27-2006, 10:43 PM
if anyone has cd qualiy of kill caustic please can you post it

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2DAE2BE36F0256CD

FrancoDaHui
05-28-2006, 09:06 AM
it's already on soulseek and ares

black_dust
05-28-2006, 09:11 AM
If anyone manages to get the extra tracks (The Arrow and Jack the Ripper) be sure to post them ;)

Black
05-28-2006, 09:53 PM
and i just read the lyrics(www.plyrics.com) and they're awesome!!!
those are the wrong lyrics, sport.

Kiss and Control is pretty ace.

Llamas
05-28-2006, 10:40 PM
despite myself, the album is actually growing on me. I'm glad. I really didn't want to hate it! It's not what I wanted, but it's kind of refreshing. I can't deny that I miss art of drowning and black sails... I do enjoy it in a much different way.

noodlesisalliwant
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
I just got Decemberunderground today- It was the last one in stock so I was pretty Happy XD so Far i'm really quite Impressed by the album- It's a lot better than I anticipated, right now I'm listening to Missing Frame and I'm liking it a lot- my favourite song so far has gotta be Love like Winter, Killing Lights or Kill Claustic- Man I love these Guys.
Right now I'm not sure If I like it as much as Art of Drowning...but at the moment I think it's better than Sing the sorrow...

FrancoDaHui
06-02-2006, 05:25 AM
awww shit, i will have my copy until 6/6/06
the same day i'll buy The Alphabet of Manliness by Maddox :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
I just got a promo copy of Decemberunderground at work and it is HOTTTTTTTTT

dalaksta
06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
man, i can't wai another second for decemberunderground, it sounds like its got a lot of screaming in it. ive got mp3s for miss murder and kill acoustic if anyone needs them.

offspring kid
06-02-2006, 09:37 AM
My second favourite song on decemberunderground: The Killing Light :cool:

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
man, i can't wai another second for decemberunderground, it sounds like its got a lot of screaming in it. ive got mp3s for miss murder and kill acoustic if anyone needs them.

"Kill Acoustic"? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Sorry, but that was funny. Anyway, Kill Caustic, Affliction, and Kiss and Control are the only songs with any real screaming in it. There's also that little bit in Miss Murder and toward the end of Endlessly, She Said, but otherwise a relatively mellow album. Not to say it's bad though. It's a really really good album. I'm just warning you: If you're expecting a heavy scream-addled album, you will be pretty disappointed, cuz there's only like 2 songs that are really screamy songs.

I've actually come to the decision that this album is, if not my favorite, it's ONE of my favorite AFI albums. I can't go as far as to say that I like it better than Black Sails or Art Of Drowning, but it sure beats Sing The Sorrow by a long shot. LOVE LOVE LOVE this album. :)

0r4ng3
06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm not even gonna bother downloading it until June 7th. I've downloaded 3 copies so far, and I had to delete them all, because of radio-quality crap.

Unless, of course, someone could upload good quality songs.

H1T_That
06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm not even gonna bother downloading it until June 7th. I've downloaded 3 copies so far, and I had to delete them all, because of radio-quality crap.

Unless, of course, someone could upload good quality songs.

download if as a torrent rather than from limewire or bearshare etc.

HeadAroundU
06-02-2006, 03:47 PM
I've actually come to the decision that this album is, if not my favorite, it's ONE of my favorite AFI albums. I can't go as far as to say that I like it better than Black Sails or Art Of Drowning, but it sure beats Sing The Sorrow by a long shot. LOVE LOVE LOVE this album. :)
nah...by a long shot?....no way. STS is a masterpiece. It's a different category so you can't compare.

What I don't like about DU is that it's 50% less energetic than STS. There is lack of a fire inside! ;) Although every other thing is just perfect. Probably, it should have been produced by Butch Vig also. Few songs sound perfect and few not.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-02-2006, 05:42 PM
nah...by a long shot?....no way. STS is a masterpiece. It's a different category so you can't compare.

What I don't like about DU is that it's 50% less energetic than STS. There is lack of a fire inside! ;) Although every other thing is just perfect. Probably, it should have been produced by Butch Vig also. Few songs sound perfect and few not.

Okay. Not by a long shot, but I do think it's better than STS.

HeadAroundU
06-02-2006, 06:10 PM
ok!

Shit, I want to hear "On the arrow" and "Jack the ripper". When is it supposed to be out?

0r4ng3
06-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Self-rejoicing is abound! I found a good quality copy of DU on soulseek. Kill Caustic is an awesome song.

HeadAroundU
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
So I have downloaded a 61Mb torrent. 192kbps. Did you have it? Is it good for you?

HeadAroundU
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm looking for 320 kbps.

neocon58
06-02-2006, 09:40 PM
There's a good quality torrent going around, about 73mb. Try seedler.org

Llamas
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM

I think you're right... Decemberunderground *is* growing on me, to my surprise... but sing the sorrow had SO much more energy. I think, though, that it's because this album is so much experimentation and new ideas that they left too much of it to computers, which definitely lack emotion (all that synth and drum loop sounding stuff). sing the sorrow, minus death of seasons, was pretty much all "real" instruments, without the use of synths and such to suck the energy out of it. Does that make any sense? That's just what it seems like to me.

cool 2 hate 681
06-02-2006, 11:23 PM
i uploaded the full torrent for you guys here it is

Prelude 12_21

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1EC09E9C33ED6589

Kill Caustic

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1EC09E9C33ED6589

Miss Murder

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AF9A756607FD0604

Summer Shudder

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CA9897C461D28236

The Interview

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C17E76BD12198213

Love Like Winter

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6E6277B660A5E16B

Affliction

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3637CFD7231705B5

The Missing Frame

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AC9487AF236A47DE

Kiss And Control

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2E8B23A30EB2A722

The Killing Light

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5B3D8F4379A23043

37mm

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=EDD25C2277CB129B

Endlessly, She Said

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=435C878C2A7C7589

(Unlisted)

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DEACE2181DF43F87

cover art

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/ecw4ever3/8bfb0328.jpg

IAmARevenant
06-02-2006, 11:38 PM
I just heard the song Kill Caustic on MySpace, and Oh. My. God............................................... ...................ILOVEIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! I can't believe New AFI could make something so good.
I wanna get the album, but I'm afraid to download it(it's kinda wrong to), so I'll just buy it on Tuesday.

AFI, you have renewed my respect!

Llamas
06-03-2006, 12:22 AM
hate to hurt your excitement, but the rest of the album sounds nothing like kill caustic. personally, kill caustic is my favorite on the album, and is the only one that truly sounds like an AFI song. the album is growing on me a lot, but you might be disappointed if you expect the rest of the album to be like kill caustic.

Kitten
06-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Just got the album today. Awesome sounding album, it should go down well with a lot of people. The Missing Frame is one of my favourites right now, but that will change as I listen to it more. The last song on the Australian release is Rabbits are Roadkill on Rt. 37.

noodlesisalliwant
06-03-2006, 04:07 AM
Yeah I can see what you're all saying about the decline in energy in this record, but I still think it is fantastic, Love like Winter, Killing Lights and Probably Missing frame are my favourite songs at the moment. On the English version of the CD they have Rabbits are roadkill on route 37 and their cover of Head Like a Hole as the bonus tracks. I'd really really like to hear their cover of Morrissey's Jack the ripper though...I think It'd be interesting...but I'm not totally sure that Davey's voice would suite it...I don't know- It could be a great cover for all I know.

Emily_offspring_fan
06-03-2006, 07:13 AM
It's not veeery good. The only song that I really like, actually, is Miss Murder.

HeadAroundU
06-03-2006, 07:19 AM
whoa...somebody got kick ass style!

I love azure color!

IAmARevenant
06-03-2006, 07:38 AM
hate to hurt your excitement, but the rest of the album sounds nothing like kill caustic. personally, kill caustic is my favorite on the album, and is the only one that truly sounds like an AFI song. the album is growing on me a lot, but you might be disappointed if you expect the rest of the album to be like kill caustic.

I just heard the whole album this morning on The Leak on mtv.com. You were right when you said that the rest doesn't sound like Kill Caustic. But I still find it a very good album. The only turn off is the fact that is has many slow songs, but it's still very good. My favorite song on DecemberUnderground is still Kill Caustic, while my least favorite is Miss Murder. It's not a bad song, I'm just tired of it.

Kitten
06-03-2006, 08:14 AM
I am quite liking Affliction now. The whole album is a lot different to what I expected, but good.

dalaksta
06-03-2006, 08:34 AM
"Kill Acoustic"? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Sorry, but that was funny. Anyway, Kill Caustic, Affliction, and Kiss and Control are the only songs with any real screaming in it. There's also that little bit in Miss Murder and toward the end of Endlessly, She Said, but otherwise a relatively mellow album. Not to say it's bad though. It's a really really good album. I'm just warning you: If you're expecting a heavy scream-addled album, you will be pretty disappointed, cuz there's only like 2 songs that are really screamy songs.

Well, I was expecting a few more songs than that but oh well, I'm still buyin the Decemberunderground. From what I've heard of it so far, it sounds great. I have the whole album right now so if anyone wants a particular song or just the whole thing, email me: ltprosite@gmail.com

Never Gonna Find Me
06-03-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't see why everyone suddenly loves AFI. I only like two songs of their's and I personally think they are overrated.

HeadAroundU
06-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Because they put so much effort into their albums, cause they are fucking nice to fans and they are talented. They are not overrated. STS has 4 stars and the other albums 3 and less...

Lars
06-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Sorry if it's been asked already (I didn't see it on this page) is there a copy of the Morrisey cover available anywhere? I didn't want to 'pre-order' a digital download to get it.

Emily_offspring_fan
06-03-2006, 09:56 AM
whoa...somebody got kick ass style!

I love azure color!
yeah thanks! but your pic looks better in normal colors
anyway, that color is awesome

noodlesisalliwant
06-03-2006, 10:20 AM
It's weird really how my perceptions of the album changed- When AFI said they had a lot more techno parts in it than usual My first thoughts were "Oh No..." and I was kinda not looking forward to it, I mean, I like the techno parts from STS- in "The Death of Seasons", but I just thought that the New album would just be full of techno breakdowns and Was kinda...not dreading the new album...but not looking forward to it and feeling as if I would be dissapointed if you get what I mean. However, I Love the New album- I think Davey's voice really is fantastic in it too. I'll try and Have a look around for a download of That Morrissey cover though- and If I find It I'll upload it.

Never Gonna Find Me
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Because they put so much effort into their albums, cause they are fucking nice to fans and they are talented. They are not overrated. STS has 4 stars and the other albums 3 and less...I'm sure a lot of other bands but tremendous amounts of effort into their albums too. I just don't see what's so great about them.

HeadAroundU
06-03-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm sure a lot of other bands but tremendous amounts of effort into their albums too. I just don't see what's so great about them.
That's ok....but who is everyone? friends?

- -Lauren- -
06-03-2006, 02:36 PM
My friend is picking me up a copy of Decemberunderground on the day it comes out, because he gets his license and he's buying it too!

YAY for friends who love AFI!

Placebo14
06-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I got the album yesterday.
I like it. It's fairly different sounding to previous albums.

My fav songs are:

Killing Lights
Kiss and Control
The Interview
Endlessly, She Said
37 mm

Llamas
06-04-2006, 03:07 AM
I do think the band is a little overrated in the underground punk world, definitely, but I like them quite a bit. They've never done anything that is amazingly stellar and stands out like none other, but they do a good job with the styles they hit, they have some good lyrics, and they end up sounding good enough that a lot of people end up liking them. That's how things work in this world. ;)

Never Gonna Find Me
06-04-2006, 03:54 AM
That's ok....but who is everyone? friends?What do you mean who is everyone? Are you talking about the other bands?

HeadAroundU
06-04-2006, 06:21 AM
What do you mean who is everyone? Are you talking about the other bands?

I don't see why everyone suddenly loves AFI.

Andy
06-04-2006, 08:27 AM
AFI (well, Davey and Hunter) were on Popworld this morning on T4. Popworld for heavens sake! I mean, even Britney is too underground lately to be on that show!

But back to Decemberunderground: A mate bought it me for my birthday, I still haven't got around to listening to it yet, but I'll listen tonight certainly.

Never Gonna Find Me
06-04-2006, 08:39 AM
...............Ahh okay that post. Yes, several of my friends like them and you can see, suddenly there is more merchandise available in shops.

HeadAroundU
06-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Ahh OK but I still think that they are not overrated. You know it's a business, they are on a major label now so people are making money out of them.

Which 2 songs do you like by them?

Little_Miss_1565
06-04-2006, 04:40 PM
I revoke my earlier fear that AFI would try to turn into VNV Nation. Now that I've listened to the record a zillion times, I have come to the conclusion that they want to be Depeche Mode! ILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITIL UVIT

BIG Nicky
06-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Hmmm... I seem to have a day off on June 6th, to the shops!!!

Note; Why does the USA get the CD's last?

HeadAroundU
06-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I revoke my earlier fear that AFI would try to turn into VNV Nation. Now that I've listened to the record a zillion times, I have come to the conclusion that they want to be Depeche Mode! ILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITILUVITIL UVIT
37mm :)
but that's just a one DM-like song. They want to be like The cure and U2 too.

37 mm shows how could "Black Audio" sound.

Little_Miss_1565
06-05-2006, 07:16 AM
"Forever waiting for disaster/What David called servant and master, will you play?"

Reference to "Master and Servant" by Depeche Mode, fronted by Dave (David) Gahan, from their album Violator!

/nerd

Never Gonna Find Me
06-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Ahh OK but I still think that they are not overrated. You know it's a business, they are on a major label now so people are making money out of them.

Which 2 songs do you like by them?Girls Not Grey and Days Of The Phoenix.

HeadAroundU
06-05-2006, 09:31 AM
"Forever waiting for disaster/What David called servant and master, will you play?"

Reference to "Master and Servant" by Depeche Mode, fronted by Dave (David) Gahan, from their album Violator!

/nerd
Master ans Servant is from their album Some Great Reward.

but musically there is just one DM-like song. Amirite?

/nerd

ageorge
06-06-2006, 11:01 AM
what the chicks is saying in hidden little intro track....i've been listening to it for about a week and can't understand her...just curious

jacknife737
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I picked the album up today, its really good.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I got it today too. Very good album. My only complaint is the lack of the hidden track.

The people who ordered from iTunes will have gotten their On The Arrow and Jack The Ripper tracks. So......anyone able to find these yet? I want to hear them. HeadAroundU, I'm looking in your direction. Work your magic. :)

HeadAroundU
06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
abracadabra

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/756396/AFI_Decemberunderground_Bonus_Track_On_the_Arrow

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-06-2006, 01:45 PM
abracadabra

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/756396/AFI_Decemberunderground_Bonus_Track_On_the_Arrow

I <3 you. :)

EDIT: It won't let me play it. What's up?

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, it's working. Thanks! :) Pretty song.

HeadAroundU
06-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I didn't download it yet so I don't know.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Cool. Now all I need is a good quality Alternate Miss Murder, VNV Nation Remix of Miss Murder, Jack The Ripper cover, good quality of Head Like A Hole cover, and Silver and Cold Acoustic.

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Wasn't Head Like a Hole covered a long time ago?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Wasn't Head Like a Hole covered a long time ago?

yeah, but I could only find the poor quality version of it, and it was like 30 seconds shorter.

I just now finally found a good quality mp3 of it.

Little_Miss_1565
06-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Share the wealth!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
It's in .wma format, and all it is is the one they used to have on their myspace and old STS homepage. I just could never find it on a file sharing program before. I'm in the middle of uploading it now...

Here ya go:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=54C79A6E598B0800

HeadAroundU
06-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I had a good quality version of HLAH all the time. :D

On The arrow is nice.

HeadAroundU
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
"Fallen Like The Sky" is another B-side. Shit, can't find!

HeadAroundU
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Shit, I downloaded the better quality version of DU. OMG, it's much much better. The more I listen, the more I love it. :)

HeadAroundU
06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/757059/AFI_Jack_the_Ripper_Fallen_like_the_Sky_working_to rrent
AFI Jack the Ripper / Fallen like the Sky [working torrent!]

Black
06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
wow the bsides are ridiculously good.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-07-2006, 06:35 AM
EDIT: Nevermind.

These songs are really good! :)

Now: I just need a good quality of the alternate Miss Murder, VNV Remix of Miss Murder, and Silver and Cold Acoustic.

HeadAroundU
06-07-2006, 07:41 AM
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=944726
Don't Change
Head Like A Hole
Interactive Booklet - DECEMBERUNDERGROUND
On the Arrow

EDIT:
Fallen like the sky
Jack the ripper

EDIT 2:
I want love because I'm so fucking nice. :)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Jack The Ripper:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=6ADE31C009153E69

Fallen Like The Sky is taking a little while, but I'll post it when it's done.

Retard
06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
i've only listened to it once since i bought it yesterday. Its really good, but weird.

but i still like it.

black_dust
06-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Sweetness! thanks guys! ive been checking back here every few days and today it paid off ;)

XYlophonetreeZ
06-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Just listened. Not as good as Sing the Sorrow, but better than their older albums. Probably slightly better than Art of Drowning as well. About on par with Black Sails.

My favorites are "Summer Shudder" and "Kiss and Control."

I'm betting on "The Killing Lights" being named the next single. It's also one of my favorites.

ninthlayer
06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Definitely something different, hopefully will be a bandwagon killer.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Totally off-topic comment: I just realized that the intro to "Rabbits are Roadkill on Rt. 37" is reminiscent of the intro to "Take On Me." A-Ha should sue their asses.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Sorry it took so long HAU, but here it is:

Fallen Like The Sky: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=85277A8D47834ADF

I got sidetracked and had to do some leaving the computer for awhile. :o

HeadAroundU
06-08-2006, 12:30 PM
haha you are a bit late. I uploaded them all already.

What's these extra 20 seconds of Prelude12/21?

What you think about interactive booklet? It's on CD? I'm digging it especially those mysterious songs.

RobinoZombie
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=944726
EDIT 2:
I want love because I'm so fucking nice. :)

pretty awesome thanx soooooo damn much:D

Vera
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Have been listening for a few hours now.

In short: Love it. Not a disappointment, not a letdown. It's different and magnificent and AFI.

However: How many times can you use the words suicide and love and winter in song lyrics? And what are the non-lyrical text bits in the booklet? AFI needs to not take themselves seriously at times.

Favourite tracks: Kill Caustic, 37mm, Summer Shudder, The Interview, Affliction, Love Like Winter.

LEAST favourite track: Kiss & Control - the one song I will skip. Just WTF. The ending cracks me up. And that? IS NOT A GOOD THING. The rest of it is okay.

Conclusion: Come to Finland, you dumb Cali boys. I'll show you real winter.

PS. Adam is hotttttt.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-08-2006, 01:50 PM
37mm and Love Like Winter are two of my favorites that I forgot to mention.

I like Kiss and Control, but if you're talking about that war-rally-type screaming rant that Davey goes on, that shit cracks me up too.

Vera
06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
As 1565 put it when I asked her "WTF was that about?":

"I'm eeeeeemooooo!"

I don't know, it kills the song for me. (Omg suicide! Winter! Kiss! Love! December!)

coke_a_holic
06-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I just got it and I'm about at the end of Kiss and Control. I've enjoyed The Missing Frame, Summer Shudder, and Love Like Winter as of now, the rest ranged between good and why-must-you-rape-my-ears? Screaming like that = no fun 4 me

Quick note, though: I have yet to run into a bad song, screaming or no screaming.

RobinoZombie
06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
please can someone post all the afi demos from STS?!?!??!
ive been looking for them:D
and if you have older demos, please post them too:D
but im looking for the sts ones now...
cheers guys and gals

HeadAroundU
06-08-2006, 05:18 PM
STS demos
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38RR2T5J

Llamas
06-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I just got it and I'm about at the end of Kiss and Control. I've enjoyed The Missing Frame, Summer Shudder, and Love Like Winter as of now, the rest ranged between good and why-must-you-rape-my-ears? Screaming like that = no fun 4 me

Quick note, though: I have yet to run into a bad song, screaming or no screaming.

so do you dislike earlier afi stuff?

coke_a_holic
06-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Quite the contrary, one of my favorite cds of their's is Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes. I just dislike that whole emo-screamo-style screaming. It sounds a lot different than what you're talking about.

Llamas
06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
ahhh yes I know exactly what you mean. I think you're the only other person who's posted in here who hears the emoness of this album... I've thought it sounded much more emo from the get-go, and that sadens me :(

HeadAroundU
06-08-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:25rx282w05ja
Somehow, the guys have managed to combine hardcore instincts with dark emo-coated lyrics, synth shimmies, gothic aesthetics, and electronic beats into a sound that still remains wholly AFI.

Llamas
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I just don't generally like the "emo" sound. There are some "emo" bands that I enjoy (like juliana theory) to a small extent, but the general sound that's portrayed by that genre is just not a sound I like... and AFI incorporating that into their own sound is displeasing to me. :-/

I can also take that entire paragraph and exchange "emo" with "electronic".

RobinoZombie
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
STS demos
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38RR2T5J

Cheeeeers HAU!:D

Vera
06-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I have to say, I do dislike the fact that it is "the most detached AFI album ever". The lyrics don't find me. They feel distant and unrelatable and I can't imagine myself listening to this album and going "Ohhh that is exactly how I feel". You know? The music hasn't yet reached my insides, made my heart pound the way other AFI music has done.

I must say that this is not my final opinion, just some thoughts I had listening to it.. And reading the lyrics. That's another thing, thanks to the prose bits, the lyrics often feel way too written, slightly pretentious.

The music is mostly still the beautiful awesome AFI I have known since 2000 but still. Meh.

Llamas
06-08-2006, 11:20 PM
And reading the lyrics. That's another thing, thanks to the prose bits, the lyrics often feel way too written, slightly pretentious.

I feel like that goes along with the emo theme...

Vera
06-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Maybe yeah.. I have never listened to or been subjected to emo much so I wouldn't really know. All I know is that the things in the booklet besides the lyrics? That was so my English writings at 16. Sorry, but it just was.

Llamas
06-09-2006, 01:15 AM
I didn't buy the cd.. mind scanning the inside of the booklet?

XYlophonetreeZ
06-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Whoa, Fallen Like the Sky is really good, except Davey's vocals don't seem nearly as polished as usual. Sounds a little like a good old 80s rock song.

black_dust
06-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Holy crap On the Arrow is fucking cool! That should have been on the album!

And for the extra 20 secs of Prelude, just back rewind on your cd player and it will go into minus, same with very proud of ya album theres a song on that as well, or was it shut your mouth? one of them :) (wont work on pcs)

FrancoDaHui
06-09-2006, 02:01 PM
but it sounds a little like "the leaving song", anyway, i'm glad HAU uploaded it

HeadAroundU
06-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Yeah it's "the leaving song" style and equivalent of STS's "This time imperfect".

HeadAroundU
06-09-2006, 09:54 PM
My favourite DU songs now:
1. The killing lights <3 (and forever will be)
2. Kiss and control (and forever will be)
3. Love like winter
4. Endlessly, she said
5. 37mm
6. The interview
(On the arrow)

Llamas
06-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I love the guitarwork in "kill caustic".
"Affliction" is good.
"Kiss and control" is nice. I'd like it more if it was the only slow song on the album. I tend to like songs like "morningstar" and "this time imperfect". I do really like this one.
I suppose I'll throw "the interview" up here. I like it, even though it sounds really emo to me.

missing frame is soooo boring...
the killing light is, too...
miss murder gets stuck in my head a lot, but I don't like it.
I can't figure out why everyone likes 37mm sooo much. I think it sounds really lame, haha. I dunno.

rest of the songs are kinda average to me.

Vera
06-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Kiss & Control is just ridiculous, my friend calls it her favourite track on the album and I'm like WTF... Then again, she also liked Death of Seasons and fallen stars crying. Fuckin' emo fag.

Llamas
06-10-2006, 01:45 PM
ahhh death of seasons was the only song on STS that I couldn't stand. blech.

Jakebert
06-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Even though I hated it at first, I'm really starting to like "Love Like Winter". Very catchy.

HeadAroundU
06-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Even though I hated it at first, I'm really starting to like "Love Like Winter". Very catchy.
Even if I'm not paying attention it finds a way into my ears. :D

0r4ng3
06-10-2006, 06:20 PM
What's wrong with Death of Seasons? I find it one of my favorites on the album. That could also be because it's the only non-single I've heard from STS so far. Oh, and I've also heard Bleed Black, which I also like.

- -Lauren- -
06-10-2006, 06:33 PM
oh em freaking gee I bought Decemberunderground yesterday. It's beautiful. That's the only word to describe it.

(Sorry, overwhelmed. It's just that great.)
I lurve Kill Caustic
My MSN line now is from Affliction.
The Interview is wonderful.

The entire CD is just beautiful.

Can anybody help me with what the people are saying at the end of Affliction? Its something along the lines of "...and she won't even do that and so I....and then I'll be back home."

Anybody catch any of it?

HeadAroundU
06-10-2006, 08:45 PM
This is from afiseries.com:

" . . . because I'm asking for a simple favour, but she won't even do that. So, I'm gonna help him out, and then I'll be back home."

"I'm asking for a simple favor but she won't even do that so I'm gonna help you out and then I'll be back home"

"It's a simple favor, and she won't even do that. So I'm going to help him out, and then I'll be back home"

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-11-2006, 06:35 AM
I find it funny that more people on this board like Decemberunderground than on the AFI board. Hahaha.

Endymion
06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
I find it funny that more people on this board like Decemberunderground than on the AFI board. Hahaha.
and of those that like the album, most of them still very much enjoy the offspring... hmm...

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-11-2006, 09:11 AM
and of those that like the album, most of them still very much enjoy the offspring... hmm...

That's not the point. Lots of people on the AFI board are the giving the new album more shit than the people here. Usually there's more AFI hate here than there.

FrancoDaHui
06-12-2006, 03:29 PM
hello, can anyone upload their performance on the mtv movie awards??? cause i can't find it on youtube

HeadAroundU
06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Franco, you are late:P

FrancoDaHui
06-12-2006, 06:33 PM
something's wrong with that link, it says "http://rapidshare.de/files/22591695/AFI_MT...Murder.wmv.html not found"

leo3375
06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
I've listened to it about 6 times and I like it more with each listen. I still like STS more,though.

December, Everyday.
06-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Cool. Now all I need is a good quality Alternate Miss Murder, VNV Nation Remix of Miss Murder, Jack The Ripper cover, good quality of Head Like A Hole cover, and Silver and Cold Acoustic.
Still chasing that Silver and Cold Acoustic?
If so, Limewire will be your friend. Though a buggy program, it has been more useful to me in the past 2 weeks that any Torrent has.

"Silver and Cold Acoustic" won't bring it up.
but "AFI Acoustic" will.

EDIT: I assume you mean the Live Acoustic?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Still chasing that Silver and Cold Acoustic?
If so, Limewire will be your friend. Though a buggy program, it has been more useful to me in the past 2 weeks that any Torrent has.

"Silver and Cold Acoustic" won't bring it up.
but "AFI Acoustic" will.

EDIT: I assume you mean the Live Acoustic?

I found it. Thanks though. :)

I used Limewire too. :D

HeadAroundU
06-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Upload, please! :)

- -Lauren- -
06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
That's not the point. Lots of people on the AFI board are the giving the new album more shit than the people here. Usually there's more AFI hate here than there.

Well, I kinda thought about this. It's kind like them raving about Conspiracy of One or Americana because it's not the "hardcore" stuff. It's them same for the Decemberunderground wouldn't be considered the old, good stuff, so they bash it there like the majority here for CO1.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Upload, please! :)

It was in poor quality so I deleted it. I can try and find it again and upload though. Sorry. :o

Kitten
06-13-2006, 05:28 PM
What was the acoustic on originally?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
What was the acoustic on originally?

It was live. I think for some 99x show, or something.

JohnnyNemesis
06-13-2006, 08:11 PM
I finally started listening. I previewed a few tracks, but now that I have it, I'm in the middle of one of the very early songs, and all I can say to AFI is:

No matter how how fucking pathetic you look, and believe me, you look fucking ridiculous, and even act like it with your pretentious song titles, your music still blows my mind and is just unbelievably good. You make me want to cry because you're so fucking good. Now stop being such pussies.

Thank you.

HeadAroundU
06-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Whooo, Ricky baby loves it! I have been waiting for your opinion!

Little_Miss_1565
06-13-2006, 09:32 PM
So pumped to see them live next Friday.

EEEEEEEEE!

Woot for the Broken Spindles remix of "Miss Murder" being available to the DF now. So fucking good. I like it better than the original.

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2006, 01:39 PM
More listening = yum yum yum.

Affliction, 37mm ,and Love Like Winter are my early favorites.

Little_Miss_1565
06-14-2006, 02:23 PM
it just debuted on Billboard at #1.

holy shit!

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
it just debuted on Billboard at #1.

holy shit!

*blinks incredulously*

What the FUCK?! Holy shit!

I've been a fan for about eight years, and this is the kind of thing I never thought could ever even possibly happen.

JohnnyNemesis
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh, and I really hate the drive-by spoken word attempt near the end of Kiss & Control. Good song and phenomenal album otherwise though.

EDIT: ..except these songs tend to drag out a bit more, and some of STS was way more powerful. Still, I fucking love this shit.

FrancoDaHui
06-14-2006, 03:37 PM
i think it's their best album to date, or at least the most original

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Anyone have the Broken Spindles remix of Miss Murder? I'm curious to hear it.

Kitten
06-15-2006, 02:03 AM
*blinks incredulously*

What the FUCK?! Holy shit!

I've been a fan for about eight years, and this is the kind of thing I never thought could ever even possibly happen.

Miss Murder was easily the sort of song that could have shot them up to the top of the billboards.

Vera
06-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Oh, and I really hate the drive-by spoken word attempt near the end of Kiss & Control.
Join the club.

*stabs that spoken word bit*

Anyway omg billboard success = playing in Finland, rite????

Yatesy
06-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Decemberunderground is a great album not as good as Sing the Sorrow imo but still great. Anyway, anyone watched the AFI mini-film Cladestine? I'm only half way through watching it and I'm already confused.

neocon58
06-15-2006, 06:23 AM
I bought the CD today, already heard the leak but wanted teh CD.

Tis Phat.

Cladestine or whatever it's called is funny lolzerz.