PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring music in commercial

NMHFBD
05-21-2006, 02:25 AM
i was watching tv yesterday and accidently came across on some advertisement. It was advertisement of "foster's beer".What surprised me is that there was played a little fragment of pretty fly,and i thought what the fuck is that?Do these assholes have a permission to use The Offspring song in this commercial? and who gives the permission? the offspring themselves or record company? but i'm almost sure they use this song with no permission coz i've seen this advertisement before and there was no pretty fly. anyways, what do u guys think about The Offspring music being used in commercial?
i'm totally against it!

the_GoDdEsS
05-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Why not? It's advertising the band as long as they have permission.

Oh right, Offspring punx.

Marco
05-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Who cares .

Hypodermic_89
05-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Well.. I don't care either.

Marco
05-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Well.. I don't care either.
Agreed .

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Who cares .
not me
ten

Dexter_H
05-21-2006, 02:56 AM
If anything it's helping the band so take it easy.

offspringer24
05-21-2006, 04:03 AM
Who cares .
hey dude, just watched that video you got of billie joe.. was hillarious cos i think he was getting his ass kicked and i hate the bloke, i really hope billie joe got hurt and as for having to be saved by the bouncers well hahaha

well til next time
ta ta

hobojoe44
05-21-2006, 04:49 AM
I donít care but I would if a song was used in a retarded way, like if they used a song that meant something to a lot of people and used it in a commercial. Sort of what they did with Dust in the Wind for that car commercial.

Mr. Noodles
05-21-2006, 04:52 AM
I donít care but I would if a song was used in a retarded way, like if they used a song that meant something to a lot of people and used it in a commercial. Sort of what they did with Dust in the Wind for that car commercial.
Yeah, they should really think about the meaning of a song before they use it in an add. And about the beer commercial, I don't care.

Mentally_Challenged
05-21-2006, 04:54 AM
i was watching tv yesterday and accidently came across on some advertisement. It was advertisement of "foster's beer".What surprised me is that there was played a little fragment of pretty fly,and i thought what the fuck is that?Do these assholes have a permission to use The Offspring song in this commercial? and who gives the permission? the offspring themselves or record company? but i'm almost sure they use this song with no permission coz i've seen this advertisement before and there was no pretty fly. anyways, what do u guys think about The Offspring music being used in commercial?
i'm totally against it!

So fucking what? Adverts would be even more dismal than they already are if they didn't use music. No reason Offspring music shouldn't be used in an advert.