PDA

View Full Version : A Wilhelm Scream

bouncingcoles
05-21-2006, 02:05 PM
now thats a kick ass band. they are on nitro and probobly one of the best bands on there. i highly recommend getting there newest album ruiner. its very good. i saw them open for offspring at CBGBs it was very good.

who likes them?

endlesst0m
05-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I like them. I'm interested to see how thier next cd will do. Maybe they will become the next AFI on Nitro. I dunno how big they could possibly be though, because thier songs are just crazy. But seriously, listening to Wilhelm Scream rules, I've especially realized this lately.

Kitten
05-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Great band, lots of potential. I really like Ruiner, but Mute Print isn't far behind. It should be really interesting to hear their next album.

original_prankster
05-22-2006, 01:26 PM
I only have one of their albums, and it's called 'The Benifits of Thinking Out Loud'. I bought it mainly cuz it was cheap, and many people have suggested them to me, so I wanted to give them a try without wasting too much money. Uh, anyway, the album is great! I love the songs 'Catharsis for Dummies' and 'You Kiss Their Ass And They Shit On You'. I should buy a couple of their other albums.

StayInTheHouseCarl
05-22-2006, 11:15 PM
ruiner is an awesome cd! i got it for free from this band promotion company i pass out stuff at shows for, and it constantly finds its way into my car stereo.

Kitten
05-23-2006, 02:21 AM
It's been in my car stereo for a while now. It's like everytime I listen to it, I find something that I like in the album.

Revolver-2005?
05-23-2006, 02:37 PM
I saw them open for Pennywise, they really sucked.

HeadAroundU
05-23-2006, 03:23 PM
The first 8 songs are very good except "The pool" and then I'm getting tired of it.

noodlesisalliwant
05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm really liking them at the moment, I've got ruiner and I think It's awesome, It'll be interesting to see what Approach they take with the new album. My Favourite song is probably "Killing It"

endlesst0m
05-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I saw them open for Pennywise, they really sucked.

How did they suck?

Kitten
05-25-2006, 08:33 PM
How did they suck?

Not everyone likes the same bands. Maybe they were not to their personal taste, or maybe their show was off due to illness or something.

Apathy
05-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I've heard a couple of Great songs.
Specifically I love the song Me Vs. Morissey (The Ladder Match).

(Holy shit! I was sigged and didn't realize until Now!)

endlesst0m
05-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Vote for AWS...

http://www.punkradiocast.com/TOP10.php?vote=3905

Kitten
06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
According to their website, A Wilhelm Scream are going to be recording a new album. According to them, it is going to be more thrashy... Thoughts?

BuddyHolly
06-17-2006, 07:04 AM
I've tried to find any AWS album in every recordstore I went for the last year but I just can't find any. Could anyone maybe upload some of their stuff?

Kitten
06-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Missing Link (http://missinglink.net.au/search.php?PHPSESSID=a3f37e473ac70b0c2c81eebab3067 73f&item=A+Wilhelm+Scream&category=Artist&search=Search&genre=Select+a+genre)

Missing Link is one of Melbourne's longest-running independent music outlets.

We are located in the basement of 405 Bourke Street, Melbourne, between Elizabeth and Queen Streets, in the heart of the city.

As for downloading a couple of songs to see if you like them, the Nitro Records site has a couple of them, or the official band website (http://www.awilhelmscream.com) has some.

BuddyHolly
06-17-2006, 05:01 PM
ah yeah sorry I have to change my location again... I've been to Australia for 8 months but I'm backhome already. Thanks for the tip though ;)

Kitten
06-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Try ordering it in. If the stores where you are have AFI's Nitro stuff, they will be able to get in A Wilhelm Scream.

Kitten
06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Anyone going to see A Wilhelm Scream when they tour with Lagwagon and The Lawrence Arms?

Retard
06-29-2006, 10:04 AM
i saw them open for Less Than Jake and they were ok, but the for them was annoying as fuck. they didnt know what a circle pit was so as the Less THan Jake Fans are trying to skank it up we got AWS fans just bashing away at us. it was fuckng annoying. so that kinda ruined AWS for me.

I'd see The Lagwagon and LAwrence Arms for them not AWS. :D

bouncingcoles
06-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Anyone going to see A Wilhelm Scream when they tour with Lagwagon and The Lawrence Arms?

ya im going! they are also playing at a small club called the living room and im going to see them play there too. im stoked!

BuddyHolly
06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Must be a great show... Wilhelm Scream AND Lawrence Arms(!!!! who are probably even better then AWS, I don't know about them playing live though).

Petter
07-27-2006, 01:49 AM
a wilhelm scream is without any argue the best band on this planet at the moment. thanks to dexter and nitro records i got into the band, and ever since i have preffered them to any other band around. their music is fast, technical and smart, their lyrics are genious, their guitar riffs are fucking amazing, their drumming is insane and last but not least, their vocals are the fucking boss. how can you not like this band?

Kitten
07-27-2006, 03:49 AM
There is no way in hell anyone could dislike this band... Ok, there is such thing as personal taste, however, I heard they might be coming down to Australia with Less Than Jake in November, so they can't do anything wrong at the moment!