PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Vicky?

JohnnyNemesis
05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
The 1337 always compliments ugly people on their pictures!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This ruins my life.

Tired_Of_You
05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
hm. What? I guess she used to say that?

What happened to her anyway?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-21-2006, 07:39 PM
She was annoying.

JohnnyNemesis
05-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I guess she used to say that?

That and little else.

Vera
05-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh what you do, Vicky, do, Vicky, don't break my heart, Vicky!

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Vicky
We hope it's your last

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 09:11 AM
I want to go to Holland and live in Bella's house, even if she doesn't like me. It's my right as a bbs member!

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I want to go to Holland and live in Bella's house, even if she doesn't like me. It's my right as a bbs member!

Ohh, I totally missed that piece of gold; must have been well before my time.

Mm, I can always trust Per to bring the good shit, bring the real heeeeeeat on these!

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Also:

It's not right to judge people without knowing them, because...

HEY! WAIT! THAT GIRL IS A CHAV! JB C CHBVSIULLH CHAAAAAAV!

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 09:21 AM
It happened in one of the meet-up planning threads. She thought it wasn't fair that we didn't want her there. She only wanted to meet Willem though, who also wasn't particularly welcome. She made a bizarre self-righteous speech though, about how it was her right as a bbs member and not fair blah blah.

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 09:23 AM
On this board or the old one?

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
This one. It happened almost a year ago I think. You should be able to find it.

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I can't, I've been searching. I never read through the meetup planning threads so I don't know what keywords to search for.

Nina
05-22-2006, 09:58 AM
"Amsterdam"?
I'm pretty confident it was the first thread ever made with the word Amsterdam in it. Then again, maybe not :(

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 10:06 AM
You're pretty wrong.

The Eighth Circle of Hell is reserved for people who give bad advice.

And I've given up. Per, I order you to find it for me.

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 10:23 AM
I would've looked through Vicky's post history. Probably a better chance of finding it there since you know the thread name and probably date.

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Found it. Way to exaggerate how it went down. Dick!

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
That's how I remember it. But I might've added a little something for humor.

I mean, you've definitely found the wrong post my friend!

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
All she did was bitch that somehow the meetup thread should have been done entirely in pm's if there were people who weren't welcome. Which was lame, but not quite "I have the right to stay at your house cause I'm a bbs member!"

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Linky linky?

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Well then you missed something. She mentioned how either her or Willem had a right to be present at the bbs. It wasn't fair that we were didn't invite them because they wanted to meet everyone too.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Forget the link, I just saw it.

And yeah, the point of the thread is exaggeration anyway. Her rant made no sense, so Per's post remains full of win.

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Y'know, I always hated Vicky and never realised everyone else did too until like, a year ago. Kinda like Joey, in a way.

JoY
05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
oh my god, YES that gave a total new definition to stupidity. my apologies, but DUDE! she went on & on, inviting herself, to the point it was just funny in a seriously scary way. there wasn't even a use in telling her she couldn't stay at my place. "ooh, well, then I could stay at Willem's!"

...uhm, Vic? if I don't want you in my house, there's only a tiny chance we're going to be any fun around each other. besides that point, the entire meet-up took place in my house. besides that point, no one felt the urge to either invite her, see her, or meet her. (just correct me if I'm wrong) & besides that point, it all began with Per & me wanting to meet each other (but obviously also a bunch of other cuhrayzee bbsfolk). I don't want to dig into this argument, but it simply is one. a valid one. most definitely to me, at least.

also Willem's & her suggestion: "Willem can come too! & then we can also sleep at his place!" was extremely inappropriate & made me stare at the screen in utter amazement.

wow, after all this time.. I'm still shocked.

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
A lot of losers were just accepted. Until they blundered horribly. That's kinda what I like about this bbs. Everyone has a chance. No one will be excluded. Unless you totally suck.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Well, you should PM everyone else on the BBS and make sure NOT to PM her if that's how you feel!

DUH!!!!!!!!

JoY
05-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Well, you should PM everyone else on the BBS and make sure NOT to PM her if that's how you feel!

DUH!!!!!!!!
hahahahahahahaha, PRECISELY!

JoY
05-22-2006, 11:11 AM
there you go, eat your hearts out:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4936&page=1&pp=40

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 11:14 AM
ah I didn't see your old post Bella. Yeah it was shockingly stupid. Also one of my favorite Vicky moments. That and when she demanded we all communicate solely through pm, so we could avoid hurting her feelings because she's been a total bitch to everyone. Riiiiight.

JoY
05-22-2006, 11:16 AM
yeah, I bet it hurt her to see her bitching had affected our view on her personality.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 04:59 PM
yeah, I bet it hurt her to see her bitching had affected our view on her personality.

This applies to so many people.

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 05:08 PM
You're all mean :(

Happy Birthday Vicky!

Anya82
05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
i have nothing against her. She doesn't bother me.

i would post wishing her a happy b-day, but she doesn't login anymore, so.. it doesn't matter. :cool:

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 08:22 PM
it doesn't matter.

She never mattered, and now she's gone. As long as she stays gone I'll wish her all the best, and even slightly mean it.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
A lot of losers were just accepted. Until they blundered horribly. That's kinda what I like about this bbs. Everyone has a chance. No one will be excluded. Unless you totally suck.

I missed this post.

Most people would read this and shout "NOOOOOO" or "BLASPHEMY" or "WAHHH WAHH 1337 RUINED MY FUCKING LIFE DIE!", but there are countless examples that WCM speaks the truth.

I mean, for fuck's sake, Lodat went MONTHS typing nothing but curse words in 12 pt bold font, and was STILL accepted by certain people around here eventually. TOM is a piece of shit and there's still some people that accept him.

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Certain people, such as LODAT and TOM, start off horribly and then make a significant improvement. Not enough to be particularly liked, but enough to be tolerated. Unfortunately some of those, such as LODAT and TOM, then completely destroy any progress they might have made. But some, such as Yay, seem to genuinely mature to some degree. The fact that some people are truly improved from spending time on this bbs fascinates and pleases me. I even asked Yay if he thinks some of the abuse he took here was good for him in the long term, and he pretty much agreed. Some people are capable of realizing that they suck, and doing something about it. I think a lot of people here see it that way, and are reasonably supportive. Someone has to fuck up big to not get another chance.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Indeed, and well said. I noticed yay's shocking improvement. Kerr comes to mind as well.

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Hmm, what was wrong with Kerr? He always seemed like an amiable guy to me. I don't ever remember him posting much, and usually didn't show a great deal of personality, but based on one or two particularly good posts I have a good opinion of him. Did I miss something bad in his early days?

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Under his old name, he generally made really uninformed and stupid comments.

...then he denied his race to all of us, before admitting how stupid it was for him to do such a thing.

...yeah, that bad.

Generally, he ended up being okay.

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Hahaha, I totally forgot he had an old name. Jimbob or something? I didn't ever really notice him in those days. But anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter now. It's the improvement that's significant.

Anya82
05-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Trip Boy comes to my mind. (I'm not talking about Justin, notice the space between the words)

He started like another annoying impostor, but then, he posted his actual mind, not just trying to immitate Justin.

wheelchairman
05-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Actually this thread could also bring to note the people who were always accepted. And then just fell off teh 1337. Vicky being the most noticeable I guess. All the risings and fallings of acceptance and unacceptance. It's all pretty neat.

Sin Studly
05-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Trip Boy comes to my mind. (I'm not talking about Justin, notice the space between the words)

He started like another annoying impostor, but then, he posted his actual mind, not just trying to immitate Justin.

That's different. People actually hated him more when he stopped imitating me, because his real personality was so fucking god-awfully stupid.

JoY
05-23-2006, 04:56 AM
many people get the idea we bash new members, when I don't see it that way at all. it mostly depends on the way they present themselves; a topic to announce themselves, what kind of topic to announce themselves, their use of language, their avatar & their usernames play a large part in this. people displaying pure stupidity often don't get (probably because of their lack of braincells) that they're disliked by some for being exactly that; stupid.

I like the way some improve, not only out of ambition to be liked, but because they see there are many different ways to create an image of yourself over the internet. some kind of inner growth that sometimes seems to be triggered by the reactions they get. sometimes potential is obvious, but it's the best when people you thought had no potential whatsoever surprise you with definite improvement.

Nina
05-23-2006, 05:02 AM
people displaying pure stupidity often don't get (probably because of their lack of braincells) that they're disliked by some for being exactly that; stupid.

I think it's the definition of what's stupid and what isnt that a few members on here have that makes it seem like they are bashing members for no apparent reason at all.
One being "nice". Simply and straight out nice. It seems to be a really bad thing on here sometimes (notice the SOMETIMES).

Sin Studly
05-23-2006, 05:08 AM
It is a really bad thing sometimes. Never heard of the concept of "enabling"?

Nina
05-23-2006, 05:09 AM
To be completely honest, I have no idea what you mean at aaalll.

Sin Studly
05-23-2006, 05:12 AM
Enabling is when you, for an example, give sympathy to a self-harming emo fuck. Or treat idiots piece of shit morons 'nice', hence giving them no motivation to better themselves and/or commit suicide. "Nice" people are unintentionally responsible for most of the "nasty" shit that happens in the world, purely through their kindness and tolerance.

Cruelty is the best medium for improvement.

Nina
05-23-2006, 05:16 AM
Ooh.

It's the golden middle that leads you to success, though. If you are only cruel, the best thing to happen to you is that people will fear you. So, unless you're one of the few who can actually pull that off and be successful, you wont be getting far. There has to be SOMETHING charming/overwheling in your appearance that makes people stand behind you.
my two cents.

But back to topic..

I wasnt talking about treating idiots nice. I was talking about nice people o.0 And nice =/= idiotic, after all.

killer_queen
05-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Being cruel to the others never helps them to improve. Like Nina said, it only makes them afraid of you which is a great thing sometimes in real life.

About being accepted, well, I've never felt like I'm accepted on these boards although I'm here for more than a year. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I don't care either. I'm happy to be a member of this board since I'm not hated by everyone.

But there are a plenty of annoying people who try too hard to be accepted. And apparently they think being cruel to the new people makes it easier for them. This is the only thing that bothers me.

Aaand Vicky, I don't know her, of course. I just remember her posts and I've thought she and Tizz were the same person when I first joined the board. But it was so unclear that you guys didn't like her. I think the same thing about RXP. I might be wrong but I feel like some of you guys don't show your feelings about people until they leave the board.

Sin Studly
05-23-2006, 06:21 AM
Agreed, Nina. But I'm not talking about personal success. I'm talking about nice people who drag the entire human race down.

wheelchairman
05-23-2006, 06:22 AM
oh RXP left because most of the people he thought liked him pretty much backstabbed him in the photo album for no real reason. It was pretty hard to watch.

Sin Studly
05-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Are you joking? I've re-read that about thirty-five times now. It was orgasmic.

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2006, 07:29 AM
I think the same thing about RXP. I might be wrong but I feel like some of you guys don't show your feelings about people until they leave the board.

Nah. It was very clear that Vicky was strongly disliked, just like it's very clear that people like Linda are strongly disliked now. People didn't simply hate RXP, but he just got really annoying to some over time.

oh RXP left because most of the people he thought liked him pretty much backstabbed him in the photo album for no real reason. It was pretty hard to watch.

I had trouble finding that, even when I followed the link from the BBS's greatest pwns thread. If I remember correctly though (and I probably don't remember correctly), it was a case of him thinking people liked him for a number of reasons, among them being the fact that a lot of ladies genuinely thought his pictures were attractive...then he realized that was one of very few things people liked about him.

Personally, I liked RXP more when he was around than when I think about him. His habit of always jumping into threads for the sole purpose of taking the moral high ground on whatever was happening pisses me the fuck off. But he was okay overall, I think.

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Being cruel to the others never helps them to improve.

That just isn't true. Ask Yay. And probably Co1 also. The important part is to stop being cruel once they've improved. Treat them with some respect once they've earned it by acting like intelligent, worthwhile human beings.

About being accepted, well, I've never felt like I'm accepted on these boards although I'm here for more than a year.

You have a strange definition of "accepted" then. I never see anyone attack you. I never see you fuck up and totally humiliate yourself. In fact you seem well liked.

I think the same thing about RXP. I might be wrong but I feel like some of you guys don't show your feelings about people until they leave the board.

I don't remember RXP ever bothering me. I quite liked him.

killer_queen
05-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Co1 and yay didn't improve themselves. They just stopped spamming and started to insult new people just like I said.

And being accepted doesn't mean not being attacked for me. There's a tiny difference.

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Co1 and yay didn't improve themselves. They just stopped spamming and started to insult new people just like I said.

Untrue. Co1 did what you said, but yay didn't. He was fine, and actually very nice to people.

And being accepted doesn't mean not being attacked for me. There's a tiny difference.

You're extremely accepted.

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
They stopped spamming and started making some alright threads with some decent points. And in the case of Co1, he learned to type. How is this NOT an improvement?

So what is your definition of accepted? I'm really curious as to why you don't feel accepted. I hope it's not just angsty paranoia.

Edit: Co1 did start to attack others a bit too harshly. I felt compelled to call him out on that several times, because it was too soon for him to bitch at others for doing what he did last week.

the_GoDdEsS
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Enabling is when you, for an example, give sympathy to a self-harming emo fuck. Or treat idiots piece of shit morons 'nice', hence giving them no motivation to better themselves and/or commit suicide.

I've noticed that trend in the West. Over here how you raise children is you smack them when they whine. Nobody whines they are depressed. People have to go through shit, survive from the minimum and it only makes us tougher and stronger.

Jebus
05-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Gulsah, you're such an attention whore. You so knew people were gonna disagree with you when you said you weren't accepted. We all love you.

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Gulsah, you're such an attention whore. You so knew people were gonna disagree with you when you said you weren't accepted. We all love you.

Haha, that went through my mind too. But we all want affirmation of being liked occasionally.

killer_queen
05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Untrue. Co1 did what you said, but yay didn't. He was fine, and actually very nice to people.
You're right. But there are a lot of people who acts like Co1.

They stopped spamming and started making some alright threads with some decent points. And in the case of Co1, he learned to type. How is this NOT an improvement?
For you, spelling correctly and making threads about the only writer he knows is more important apparently. But for me, being a nice person and not insulting for no reason important. So I think he just got worse.

So what is your definition of accepted? I'm really curious as to why you don't feel accepted. I hope it's not just angsty paranoia.

I don't know exactly. I just don't feel like home. Every time I visit here I feel like it's my first time. I can't say "this is the board I post regularly and most of these people are my friends" and that kind of things. Also it's about me not being too smart.

killer_queen
05-23-2006, 11:45 AM
What can I say? I just can't sleep at night without knowing that you still love me. You caught me really bad. :(

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
For you, spelling correctly and making threads about the only writer he knows is more important apparently. But for me, being a nice person and not insulting for no reason important. So I think he just got worse.

I don't think you're being quite fair here. I appreciate nice people, really I do. And spelling mistakes don't bother me too much. They don't bother me at all if English isn't the person's first language. With Co1 it was more about adding "..............." a dozen times everytime he posted. I can't stand that. The actual way he typed, the structure of his posts, greatly improved. But since he did also start to act like a dick, I can understand the argument that he got worse in general.

I'm confused about something. I've seen you insult people for no reason. At least, no reason that I can see. I've also seen you approve when other people do it. So I really wasn't aware that being nice was so important to you. I thought you mostly valued people for not being stupid. Sorry if I misjudged you on this.

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Sorry if I misjudged you on this.

You didn't. Everything preceding this sentence I quoted is a million percent accurate.

killer_queen
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't think you're being quite fair here. I appreciate nice people, really I do. And spelling mistakes don't bother me too much. They don't bother me at all if English isn't the person's first language. With Co1 it was more about adding "..............." a dozen times everytime he posted. I can't stand that. The actual way he typed, the structure of his posts, greatly improved. But since he did also start to act like a dick, I can understand the argument that he got worse in general.

I'm confused about something. I've seen you insult people for no reason. At least, no reason that I can see. I've also seen you approve when other people do it. So I really wasn't aware that being nice was so important to you. I thought you mostly valued people for not being stupid. Sorry if I misjudged you on this.
Christ, Richard, you know me too well.

Anyway, I don't think I insult for no reason. I insult to the people that I don't really like, that's all. Co1 is pretty different. He's just waiting for someone who is stupid enough to can't answering him. He goes to GOD and insults people for listening to the offspring. Or brag about himself for not listening Offspring. I can say the same things for ruroken too. It's just the way they do it for being "accepted".

And yeah, being nice is important for me as long as it's not fake. Some people are just incredibly fake and I can't stand their so called nice posts.

Also, you are right. I was insulting people and it wasn't really nice (it was fun, though. i have to admit it). But after Sunny's thread I thought I needed to improve myself too. There's something different about Sunny and Nina. They always sound so reasonable that I always think they are right.

Vera
05-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't know exactly. I just don't feel like home. Every time I visit here I feel like it's my first time. I can't say "this is the board I post regularly and most of these people are my friends" and that kind of things. Also it's about me not being too smart.
A message board doesn't need to feel like a home, though. I like this place because I'm so used to it, especially this version now that we've got mods and a level of control and lack of Web Dude and in some ways, my "internet experience" isn't the same without visiting this place but I wouldn't call it home, still. It's really more about the people.. If the board went "Boom!", I'd still talk to the people. At least a majority of the people I know on here.

In a way it's just a way to pass time. A preferred way, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't come here, but just a way to pass time, yeah.

Nina
05-23-2006, 12:23 PM

Gülsah, I completely got everything about you the wrong way at first. You are one of the most mature people on this board, and I'd think of you as somebody who is accepted, too. I actually feel really sorry for misjudging you at first :/
Like Richard, I first thought you just attacked people for no reason and that pissed me off. Maybe we both changed, heh.

edit: whoa, thanks for what you said last.

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Haha Nina, I want to take full credit for suggesting a while back that you were misjudging Gulsah :P

Nina
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
DONT BELIEVE HIM, I completely figured it out myself!!!!!cough.

wheelchairman
05-23-2006, 01:15 PM
He was okay. He had his faults, but he was geniunely okay.

Some of his quotes in photo album were taken out of context and made him look like a rather creepy person, and instead of people recognizing typical Dush humor, they thought he was serious and started against him on these grounds. It was rather two-faced on the part of many.

Vera
05-23-2006, 01:52 PM
I completely missed out on the Dush drama (gladly?) but I'll say this - the dude did bug me and had a way of presenting his opinions in a way that made my blood boil very often and so we did get into arguments a lot and he did have his bad points, definitely (as we all do) and they were visible online, but really, he was also pretty cool at times and very easy to talk to about some things. Overall I appreciated him. I wish he came on MSN nowadays since I sometimes have stuff to say I feel like I should tell him because I can't think of anyone else who'd be interested.

Betty
05-23-2006, 02:57 PM
I totally understand what Gulsah is saying about the acceptance thing. It's not just that people don't dislike you and maybe even sorta like you, but it's about feeling as if you belong, as if when you were gone, you would be truly missed. Or I could be totally wrong but that's my interpretation. I've only recently felt that I had reached an acceptance level here, even though I've posted 5 or 6 years now.

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
It sounds to me like you need a different word than "accepted" for that. But I do know what you mean, of course.

Linda
05-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Nah. It was very clear that Vicky was strongly disliked, just like it's very clear that people like Linda are strongly disliked now.

:( Now I have to go sit in a corner and cry. :(

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2006, 05:39 PM
No, you don't. Lotsa people are hated by many here.

And yeah, I know you were being sarcastic. But I'm just making it clear that I was making a factual statement, not a jab at anyone.

Linda
05-23-2006, 05:42 PM
I know you were being sarcastic.

:( No I wasn't. You hurt my feelings. :(

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Right. Anyway.

I totally understand what Gulsah is saying about the acceptance thing. It's not just that people don't dislike you and maybe even sorta like you, but it's about feeling as if you belong, as if when you were gone, you would be truly missed. Or I could be totally wrong but that's my interpretation.

No, that sounds about right, I think she would agree with you. It's definitely different. There's nothing wrong with not being "accepted" though, and hopefully many would at least feel appreciated if not "accepted" or "missed".

Linda
05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Right.

Right, you did.
I have been nice to you, and look how you act. :(

JohnnyNemesis
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
*sigh*

Drop it already.

Sin Studly
05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, it's worth pointing out that some people never seem to improve, no matter what.

I had trouble finding that, even when I followed the link from the BBS's greatest pwns thread.

It's a couple pages back now, because of a certain crazy whore having all her posts deleted.

Betty
05-23-2006, 07:28 PM
The thing is...

The thing is... if somebody needs to improve, how good could they have been in the first place?

Learning what's cool and what's not on a message board? If you weren't an idiot wouldn't you realize that you shouldn't act like one from the get go?

Paint_It_Black
05-23-2006, 11:47 PM
The thing is...

The thing is... if somebody needs to improve, how good could they have been in the first place?

Learning what's cool and what's not on a message board? If you weren't an idiot wouldn't you realize that you shouldn't act like one from the get go?

This seems pretty unfair. What about all the young idiots, who simply need some better role models than they're used to? People with a lot of potential, but requiring a little patience while they figure out who they are and how they wish to be perceived. Didn't you ever do anything embarressingly stupid? I know I have, and I would have been quite dismayed if everyone had suddenly given up on me.

Betty
05-23-2006, 11:55 PM
It is definitely an unfair and extreme statement... but I definitely toss it around up there every once in a while. I'm a pretty terrible person. I can group people in different levels of awesomeness and those who rank at the very top, I don't think they would have gone through the "needs improvement" phase. Perhaps a "growing up" phase, but not a "I need education on the fundamentals of how to be cool on a message board" phase.

For example, I'll use Adriann. By far the awesomest youngest person, and she was always that way. I'd defy you to give me counter-examples but that could result in my saying "yeah, but that person's not so awesome" which I tend to keep to myself.

Don't mind me, I'm in somewhat of a losing-faith-in-people phase.

Paint_It_Black
05-24-2006, 12:22 AM
For example, I'll use Adriann. By far the awesomest youngest person, and she was always that way.

I think saying "by far" does a disservice to Alex and Jesse, amongst others. But I see your point.

Don't mind me, I'm in somewhat of a losing-faith-in-people phase.

Fair enough then. You might want to try losing all faith in people completely, then slowly issuing out a little bit at a time to any individuals you find worthy. Works for me, and minimizes disappointment.

Betty
05-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Well, I was gonna say "by far the awesomest young person" but changed it to "youngest." Ahhhh? Distinction. Unless I'm way off with my ages.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 12:30 AM
You might want to try losing all faith in people completely, then slowly issuing out a little bit at a time to any individuals you find worthy. Works for me, and minimizes disappointment.

I've never really thought about it, but that's exactly what I've done for as long as I can remember.

Paint_It_Black
05-24-2006, 12:35 AM
I actually just read it as "young". I'm not sure of exact ages, but I think we have several members of the same approximate age. I'm thinking Adriann is 14 and Alex is 15. Even in the early years, that's close enough for me to call essentially the same. What I find particularly impressive about Alex is that most people don't seem to have any idea that he's so young. When chatting to him on MSN I've always felt completely that I was speaking to an equal in every way. Adriann could well be exactly the same, but I can't personally say.

I may just be rambling now. I'm too tired to remember why I started typing this reply. That's not usually a good sign.

I've never really thought about it, but that's exactly what I've done for as long as I can remember.

I'm not remotely surprised. Your cynicism is truly well honed.

Not Ozymandias
05-24-2006, 01:11 AM
I had trouble finding that, even when I followed the link from the BBS's greatest pwns thread. If I remember correctly though (and I probably don't remember correctly), it was a case of him thinking people liked him for a number of reasons, among them being the fact that a lot of ladies genuinely thought his pictures were attractive...then he realized that was one of very few things people liked about him.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68&page=169&pp=40

Warning: you WILL get douche chills.

Paint_It_Black
05-24-2006, 01:24 AM
It looked to me like his defence started off pretty well, until he got all emotional about it. I can't say I really blame him though. I'm assuming his remarks were deliberately taken out of context. It was pretty harsh. I can't remember him doing anything to really justify that treatment, but such is life. I'm sure he'll live with it.

the_GoDdEsS
05-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Certain things in there made me laugh out loud.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2006, 07:42 AM
As Per said, he was taken out of context and totally backstabbed for little reason in that thread, but the thing is that a lot of what people said about him was generally true. The cataylyst (the incredibly obvious joke list that he made that people inexplicably took seriously, even responding by saying that him being on their "lists" was a joke too...even though it was obvious his list was a joke...wtf?) may have been fake, but the concerns people raised were legit. It was definitely hard to watch though: cringe factor way up high.

Not Ozymandias
05-24-2006, 08:10 AM
The title of this thread is great, by the by.

Preocupado
05-24-2006, 09:04 AM
I always enjoyed RXP's posts especially because of his sense of humour and i agree when people say that he could make silly pieces of subject become amusing.

Although the Photo Album thing doesn't change that at all, what i understood was that a particular annoying trace of his personality finally got busted when he wasan't ready to/didn't want to discuss it. It can happen anywhere, anytime, with anyone.

Nina
05-24-2006, 09:24 AM
It is definitely an unfair and extreme statement... but I definitely toss it around up there every once in a while. I'm a pretty terrible person. I can group people in different levels of awesomeness and those who rank at the very top, I don't think they would have gone through the "needs improvement" phase. Perhaps a "growing up" phase, but not a "I need education on the fundamentals of how to be cool on a message board" phase.

But dont you think that people change? Not just "being more mature" while they grow up, but a general change? Our personalities are in a constant progress, though at times a little more obvious than at other times, that's at least what I believe. I am not saying that EVERYBODY changes, but I bet everyone has the potential to change completely.

And Dush... to be honest, I never found anything about him that I didnt like. Absolutely nothing comes into my mind. I really miss him and lost his email address yet again. I'm quite an idiot.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:24 AM
I can't remember him doing anything to really justify that treatment.

He annoyed me slightly, about a month prior to it. Thus, I planned it, I collaborated with the others, and I enacted it.

As Per said, he was taken out of context and totally backstabbed for little reason in that thread,

Backstabbed, are you joking? He got stabbed full in the face, baby. It's not our fault he had his eyes firmly clenched together to avoid seeing it coming.

The cataylyst (the incredibly obvious joke list that he made that people inexplicably took seriously, even responding by saying that him being on their "lists" was a joke too...even though it was obvious his list was a joke...wtf?) may have been fake

What can I say? It worked, I knew it would work, I used it. I'm not going to pretend it was logical or rational, but it worked. He's gone. What more could I want?

It was definitely hard to watch though: cringe factor way up high.

It was great. I re-read it every few weeks.

Nina
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Thus, I planned it, I collaborated with the others, and I enacted it.

Not really.... right?
RIGHT!?

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:29 AM
.... did the demise of Thucydides teach you nothing, Nina?

Nina
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
I could understand how Jenny was interesting enough for you to spend a couple minutes on her "demise", as you call it...but Dush? When he just slightly annoyed you?

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't approve of niggers talking to all the white wimmin here.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Actually, to be honest, Dush always annoying me a hell of a lot more than Jenny did.

Jenny was a foundling, an idiot with no real life experience. She didn't really have any real personality problems, it was obvious that everything wrong with her was just her upbringing and Britishness. She was just a lost little girl, really, desperately unhappy and trying her hardest to fit in ; if you remember her 'cutting in the shower' thread, the most outstanding part of it was that there was no real attentionwhoring intent visible. It was obvious she just wanted to mention she cut because she thought 'all the kids were doing it' and she'd fit in. She found a niche in classics nerdery, so she dug into it as deep as she could. She thought she found another place she'd fit in, Nazism. Basically the average cutter, classicist and Nazi are self-absorbed and without social skills. They'll take whatever friends they're lucky enough to get, and if you're 'one of them' everything else is invalid. You're they're friend. Your personality doesn't matter, your habits don't matter, nothing matters. You're one of them, there are precious few of them (exception to the cutters), and they're glad to be your friend. Truth be told, I feel slightly sorry for Jenny. Although I'd totally do it to her all over again, if given the chance.

Dush, on the other hand.... well, for one thing, he camped on the moral high ground more than Mother Theresa, and had more self-righteousness than a Baptist Church. 90% of his posts were 'omg cum lol' or something of the sort. The rest were typical Britified faggotry, excessively westerned whining that shouldn't be tolerated in a pregnant hormonal woman, let alone a man ; with more annoying spelling mistakes than British graffiti. It annoyed me how he'd constantly whine and complain that everything I was doing (especially to Maria) was illegal, or should be. It annoyed me how the minute he popped his cherry he became a Sex God Adonis in his own mind, and decided he was going to be arrogant and confident, even though his personality was more insecure than a girl on livejournals. It annoyed me especially that his bullshit wasn't called on by anybody his. Hell. his mere existence annoyed me. Hence, I removed him from where I'd be forced to tolerate him.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Is she still too scarred to venture back to the forums?

Nina
05-24-2006, 09:51 AM
She didn't really have any real personality problems, it was obvious that everything wrong with her was just her upbringing and Britishness.[...] Basically the average cutter, classicist and Nazi are self-absorbed and without social skills.

My first thought was: Isnt "not having social skills" a personality problem? Frankly we're animals who live in "groups", to say the least.

Dush, on the other hand.... well, for one thing, he camped on the moral high ground more than Mother Theresa, and had more self-righteousness than a Baptist Church.

I really dont remember that! Any examples?

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:54 AM
My first thought was: Isnt "not having social skills" a personality problem? Frankly we're animals who live in "groups", to say the least.

It's nothing that can't be worked on and fixed with a little social exposure. Jenny was just a desperately lonely and unhappy person. She was lost, and drifting, and I've experienced enough of that to recognise and empathise with it, albeit in very different forms. If I knew her in real life, I could have easily made her into a healthy and happy young girl, who didn't annoy the piss out of everybody, simply by socially interacting with her and introducing her to new and varied social circles.

Of course, I would never actually do that. I would destroy her, utterly.

I really dont remember that! Any examples?

Others seem to remember. I'm not about to go tralling through his posts. But it happened often.

Nina
05-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Maybe I just think of extremes... I know a few people (one of them pretty well) who just cant interact with others at all. I call it a personality problem.... well, maybe also a mental one because depression is usually plays a role in that as well.
I never liked Jenny. I just didnt. Thats all I can say about her. blah.

Edit: Maria, you know how to make my blood boil. If anybody makes demeaning statements, it's you.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:59 AM
anyway, I'm not supposed to be talking about her.

Then don't, you stupid bitch.

Nina
05-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Can't you read?

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-24-2006, 10:06 AM
& I'd be glad if you kept your opinions about her to yourself, as those are usually demeaning & supercilious.

Hahaha, you want people to stop making demeaning statements about others? Talk about double standards, little one.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 10:22 AM
What have you just called me?

This only works verbally, you know. You can mishear stupid bitch. You can't misread it. You stupid fucking bitch.

killer_queen
05-24-2006, 11:05 AM
But dont you think that people change? Not just "being more mature" while they grow up, but a general change? Our personalities are in a constant progress, though at times a little more obvious than at other times, that's at least what I believe. I am not saying that EVERYBODY changes, but I bet everyone has the potential to change completely.
Of course people can change. But it's obvious that a change from "......" to "I'm more mature than you, you are an idiot. stop posting" is not a real change. It's not growing up. It's trying too hard, in my opinion.

Betty
05-24-2006, 11:38 AM
I think Nina is meaning other types of people.

People can change a lot of things. They can change their opinions, they can change their amount of education, etc, etc. But they can't change their most basic personality, and they can't change their level of intelligence.

Linda
05-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Suffice to say you're wrong on most fronts,

That happens quite often here, from alot of different people, and sad part is,
they're too dumb to even know it!

Hi Maria, how you been, girl?!

Nina
05-24-2006, 12:24 PM
People can change a lot of things. They can change their opinions, they can change their amount of education, etc, etc. But they can't change their most basic personality, and they can't change their level of intelligence.

I agree, after they've reached a certain age (lets say...5) they wont change basic traits of their personality. However, I disagree with not being able to increase their intelligence; unless you just mean the IQ, which I doubt you mean because intelligence is so much more than IQ. Talents, IQ, basic personality traits might be genetic, but what I am speaking of is everything else. Education can change a person a lot, as well as their enviornment. HUGE changes can be made only from that.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi Maria, how you been, girl?!

You have PM, a variety of instant messenger services, or the option of creating your own thread for this banal chitchat.

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Backstabbed, are you joking? He got stabbed full in the face, baby. It's not our fault he had his eyes firmly clenched together to avoid seeing it coming.

Fair enough, but dammit, fuck you for making me grin so evilly at that. I'm trying to feel bad for him here, but it's really difficult when I remember that this:

he camped on the moral high ground more than Mother Theresa, and had more self-righteousness than a Baptist Church. 90% of his posts were 'omg cum lol' or something of the sort...It annoyed me how he'd constantly whine and complain that everything I was doing (especially to Maria) was illegal, or should be.

is something I agree 100% on.

But...I guess what I mean is that he was always good to me, so I'm trying to appreciate that but still be objective and remember that I agree with most of what you're saying.

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 12:39 PM
However, I disagree with not being able to increase their intelligence

Intelligence is inherent. You can become wiser, more mature, more educated, but you can never become more intelligent except with the natural passing of age as you mature, which is something you don't control.

You can of course, become less intelligent through your own actions.

Nina
05-24-2006, 01:13 PM
I completely disagree with you here.
But I doubt anybody wants my two cents so I wont go further, because this is a pretty complex issue and it feels like wasting time.

nieh
05-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Implicitly? Um, not to ruin your illusions or anything but naw. There's only a very small minority on my 'to bang' list.

And where is this list exactly?

And Dush...he was generally a decent guy it seemed to me. He could be a bit annoying and like you guys said he would do the moral high-ground thing and got quite cocky a bit before he got run off. He kinda deserved some shit with the way he was acting but I'm not sure he deserved as much as he ended up getting.

Paint_It_Black
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I fucking love this thread. Really truly love it. I can't believe I witnessed Justin and Nina almost ganging up on someone. That's a beautiful thing. And look! The inevitable return of Marinda! A two-headed beast that will insidiously appear where it's least wanted, shit everywhere, and then babble to itself incessantly.

Intelligence is inherent. You can become wiser, more mature, more educated, but you can never become more intelligent except with the natural passing of age as you mature, which is something you don't control.

You can of course, become less intelligent through your own actions.

Really well put.

This only works verbally, you know. You can mishear stupid bitch. You can't misread it. You stupid fucking bitch.

Did I mention I love this thread?

Linda
05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm fine, yesterday was my bday & I had a nice celebration! Haven't heard from you for a long, long time, too!

on the 26th I'm returning to Lyon where my family lives for an internship in corporate banking... that lasts till August 31st I fear. in other words you won't see much of me then!

have a grand summer with your guy, lady! I sure will too ;)

Awwww, Happy late Birthday, Maria!
I'm happy to hear you had a nice one!
Of course, we'll both have a grand time!
hehehehehe ;) Have fun, girl!!!

JohnnyNemesis
05-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Suffice to say you're wrong on most fronts

You mean how like, you were never in love with Justin and just joked about it for...years? Like the same way he was wrong about that?

Sin Studly
05-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Dush didn't get anything that wasn't coming to him. I regret nothing.