PDA

View Full Version : The Distillers

IAmARevenant
05-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey, what do you think of this (awesome) band?
Did they really break up? I seriously want to know.

Kitten
05-21-2006, 10:27 PM
No, they didn't break up. The main website is going through some upgrades.

Endymion
05-21-2006, 10:38 PM
i think they're not awesome.

GreenTerror
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Brody Dalle is so do-able. I'd like to have her children.

Speaking of which, she had a kid in mid January, I believe. Weird. She's a mommy now. She can't be punk rock anymore. Damn poser.

Endymion
05-21-2006, 11:51 PM
is papa anyone i know? i know that band was kinda tied up with a lot of people from the nerve agents for a while (timmy stardust hooked up with rose or whatever, any outbreak was playing with them for a while, etc etc).

Kitten
05-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Josh Homme (sp) from QOTSA.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-22-2006, 05:41 AM
She should have stayed with Tim.

MegaLaDon
05-22-2006, 06:03 AM
The Distillers = brilliant.

All their albums are great (1st two slightly better depending on mood, guess the styles are very different)

Awe and congrats to Brody on becoming a MILF I mean mum.

Autonomist
05-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Flaming a band in a thread dedicated to them goes against all my morals, and I know it's generally a stupid thing to do, but I just hate The Distillers SO much that I'd never forgive myself if I let this oppotunity slip up.

The Distillers are fucking horrible, there is absolutely nothing likeable or appealing about their music. With other bands I don't like, such as AFI and Pennywise, I can at least see why people would like them but with The Distillers it's a different story, the only people I can see this band appealing to would be 14 year old tryhard lesbian punk girls, who are ashamed to admit they are really straight and just want to be different and stand out among a crowd.

Brody Dalle isn't ugly, but there's definetley nothing hot about her either. The way she portrays herself as a messy, dirty, smelly woman just encourages their stupid impressionable fans to follow in her footsteps. Seriously, who the hell WANTS to smell and be scruffy if they can help it, especally if they're use to a routine of the exact opposite.

Having said all that, I can now I say I hate The Distillers even more than I did a couple of minutes ago when I started typing this.

IAmARevenant
05-22-2006, 07:09 AM
I'm so sick of hearing that Brody should stay with Tim. There are some Distillers "fans" that only liked them because of Brody's relationship with Tim. And when they divorced, those "fans" started calling the band sellouts. I swear, Tim Armstrong is the most overrated punk singer ever.

I doubt that they will break up. And they'll still be punk rock, no matter what anyone says.

IAmARevenant
05-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Flaming a band in a thread dedicated to them goes against all my morals, and I know it's generally a stupid thing to do, but I just hate The Distillers SO much that I'd never forgive myself if I let this oppotunity slip up.

The Distillers are fucking horrible, there is absolutely nothing likeable or appealing about their music. With other bands I don't like, such as AFI and Pennywise, I can at least see why people would like them but with The Distillers it's a different story, the only people I can see this band appealing to would be 14 year old tryhard lesbian punk girls, who are ashamed to admit they are really straight and just want to be different and stand out among a crowd.

Brody Dalle isn't ugly, but there's definetley nothing hot about her either. The way she portrays herself as a messy, dirty, smelly woman just encourages their stupid impressionable fans to follow in her footsteps. Seriously, who the hell WANTS to smell and be scruffy if they can help it, especally if they're use to a routine of the exact opposite.

Having said all that, I can now I say I hate The Distillers even more than I did a couple of minutes ago when I started typing this.

No one wants to hear that. That was so un-called for. It's already bad enough to post something negative which will get many pissed off with you, but to be that ignorant? C'mon!
All of what you said was either opinion based, or made up crap that wouldn't be true in a million years.
I aint a 14 year old lesbo "punk" girl. And I have no intrest in where I am in any crowd. There may be some people where you live, but if there is, then what you're saying is completely stereotypical.
I don't give a crap if you don't like The Distillers, I am just appalled that you would put something so ignorant and just plain stupid on a thread where everyone has an opinion.
NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endymion
05-22-2006, 08:33 AM
just out of curiosity, how old are you?

jacknife737
05-22-2006, 09:41 AM
The last cd was good.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm so sick of hearing that Brody should stay with Tim. There are some Distillers "fans" that only liked them because of Brody's relationship with Tim. And when they divorced, those "fans" started calling the band sellouts. I swear, Tim Armstrong is the most overrated punk singer ever.

I doubt that they will break up. And they'll still be punk rock, no matter what anyone says.I'm not sure if you were referring to my earlier post, but I'd just like to say I'm not a great fan of The Distillers. I only have Coral Fang so I don't know much about them.

I just liked Tim and Brody together. I just thought they suited each other well, especially to begin with.

original_prankster
05-22-2006, 01:33 PM
No one wants to hear that. That was so un-called for. It's already bad enough to post something negative which will get many pissed off with you, but to be that ignorant? C'mon!
All of what you said was either opinion based, or made up crap that wouldn't be true in a million years.
I aint a 14 year old lesbo "punk" girl. And I have no intrest in where I am in any crowd. There may be some people where you live, but if there is, then what you're saying is completely stereotypical.
I don't give a crap if you don't like The Distillers, I am just appalled that you would put something so ignorant and just plain stupid on a thread where everyone has an opinion.
NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly.

Being a guy, I am not a wannabe lesbian punk girl. Yes, I do like their music quite a bit. It has a lot of energy and passion behind it, and the lyrics are quite well-written. They have a Rancid-ish sound to them, but that's probably because Brody was once married to Tim.

And people call them sell-outs simply because Brody and Tim broke up? That's really fucking STUPID.

Rinoa
05-23-2006, 02:41 AM
I like the Distillers' Coral Fang. T'is a cool album. Unfortunately I haven't got round to listening to any of their other stuff yet.

China Boy
05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
They didn't break up. However, their bassist left the band to join Angels and Airwaves, and I think they haven't found a new one yet.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-23-2006, 03:25 PM
They didn't break up. However, their bassist left the band to join Angels and Airwaves, and I think they haven't found a new one yet.Ryan Sinn yes?

IAmARevenant
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
They didn't break up. However, their bassist left the band to join Angels and Airwaves, and I think they haven't found a new one yet.

That won't bother me too much. Every Distillers album has a lineup change of some kind. Still, I'll miss him. He was a damn great bassist. At least better than Kim. She wasn't really that good.

IAmARevenant
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure if you were referring to my earlier post, but I'd just like to say I'm not a great fan of The Distillers. I only have Coral Fang so I don't know much about them.

I just liked Tim and Brody together. I just thought they suited each other well, especially to begin with.

I wasn't referring directly to you. If you look on the amazon.com reviews for Coral Fang, you'll see who I'm talking about.

Never Gonna Find Me
05-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I wasn't referring directly to you. If you look on the amazon.com reviews for Coral Fang, you'll see who I'm talking about.Ahh okay then, I was just wondering.

Retard
05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I love them. Coral Fang is awsome,

but the order goes, 1) Sing Sing Death House 2) Coral Fang and then the self titled. theyre all good.

i have some weird obsession with Brody, dont know why. :D

and of course theyre punk, what else would be?

IAmARevenant
05-24-2006, 07:37 PM
I love them. Coral Fang is awsome,

but the order goes, 1) Sing Sing Death House 2) Coral Fang and then the self titled. theyre all good.

i have some weird obsession with Brody, dont know why. :D

and of course theyre punk, what else would be?

That's wrong. The order is, 1)S/T(2000) 2)Sing Sing Death House(2000, Re-Released in 2002) and 3)Coral Fang(2003)

Endymion
05-24-2006, 08:25 PM
2)Sing Sing Death House(2000, Re-Released in 2002)
what the fuck are you talking about? sing sing death house was recorded in 2001, how could it have been released in 2000?

Llamas
05-25-2006, 03:31 AM
I only have sing sing. I like the distillers. I don't really like rancid. I'm not sure why I like the distillers, but I do think they have a very unique sound that I enjoy. Their music is very energetic.

IAmARevenant
05-25-2006, 06:39 AM
what the fuck are you talking about? sing sing death house was recorded in 2001, how could it have been released in 2000?

I just heard from somewhere that SSDH was released the same year as their S/T. That might be wrong information. I dunno. I wasn't into them since that long ago.

IAmARevenant
05-25-2006, 06:40 AM
I only have sing sing. I like the distillers. I don't really like rancid. I'm not sure why I like the distillers, but I do think they have a very unique sound that I enjoy. Their music is very energetic.

I just can't stand Rancid anymore. They're so popular, it's disgusting. The Distillers are way better.
By the way, my first Distillers CD was also SSDH.

FrancoDaHui
06-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Awe and congrats to Brody on becoming a MILF I mean mum.

hahahaha MILF....

i think brody is the most "fuckable" punk rocker

love is paranoid is a masterpiece

IAmARevenant
06-02-2006, 11:27 PM
i think brody is the most "fuckable" punk rocker
lol I totally agre!

Niekaip
06-03-2006, 04:52 AM
Great! I like Brody's voice. And there are very good songs, of The Distillers.

Retard
06-03-2006, 09:51 AM
She's the MILFEST of the MILFS.

i still like rancid to.

FrancoDaHui
06-03-2006, 10:38 AM
She's the MILFEST of the MILFS.

i still like rancid to.

yeah, rancid are pretty cool. lars frederiksen must be one of my favourite punk rockers but i think tim should stop singing like that. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes he sounds like retarded or something XD

Retard
06-03-2006, 09:48 PM
TIm is like one of the main reasons why i love Rancid. :D

he's got the most distinctive voice in punk ever, and prolly one of the most in rock in general. i love his voice.

doesnt mean Lars and Matts voices arent bad though, theyre awsome to.

YAY the Distillers site is back up!

IAmARevenant
08-06-2006, 07:50 AM
but i think tim should stop singing like that. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes he sounds like retarded or something XD
I so agree. His vocal work in Op. Ivy was way better.

btw I case you don't know, Brody Dalle and Tony Bradley are working on a new album. But it's unknown at this time whether it'll be another Distillers release, or a whole new band. But as long as they're making music, it's a great thing indeed!

Retard
08-06-2006, 09:09 PM
well Tim only sung on like maybe 6(?) OPIV songs. and hes got that same distinctive voice, the main singer was jesse something wow i dont know why i dont remember.

oh and just for the record one of the reasons why i got into them was because i heard about the divorce. that and while watching the Urethra Chronicles Part 1 Tom said that one of his main influences was the Decendents. so then one day i'm playing Tony hawk looking at the Playlist, and i see a song by the Distillers, me being the dumbass i was(am) i went hey this is that band that tom likes. i played it and i loved it, a couple months later i saw the video for Drain the Blood so i bought coral fang. still love em.