PDA

View Full Version : Local Law Enforcement...

Kitten
05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Tonight sitting peacefully at home just watching some TV, and we hear a knock at the door. It turned out it was the police, they were chasing a car that had mysteriously turned up in our driveway. We have theorised that they pulled into our driveway, because it's not lit and its quiet.
Not knowing anything about the car, and wanting to ensure that we were at least safe, we co-operated with the police. They believed we were hiding the owner of the car in the house, tried to intimidate their way into the house, and threatening to kick open a door that jams when the weather changes.
It would have been no surprise had the filthy pigs had everyone in the house cuffed and taken down to the station, they were that rude.
And now they are walking around the house with dogs and flashlights, trying to find the driver of the car.
Any pleasant experiences with the local law enforcement to share?

Endymion
05-22-2006, 07:52 AM
i dunno about down under, but here in the land of the free you'd only have to let them in if they had a warrant signed by a judge.

Kitten
05-22-2006, 07:57 AM
All they need is suspicion.

Preocupado
05-22-2006, 08:05 AM
This is from two days ago.

The pig cuts my front, forcing me to pull over. One of them keeps the flashlight on me while the other dumbass comes to my window and say:

-Painted the car, huh?
-Hm?
-When did you paint the car?
-Never. It's always been black.
-This car was beige. (General Motors doesn't even make GM Celtas in that colour)

The pig takes a look at the car's exterior and stares at a small rusty spot next to the headlight.

-What's this?
-A scratch.
-Let me see the driver's license and car documents.

I give him my DL and the car documents, but i accidently pick the old car's invalid documents wich i keep among the up-to-date ones.

The pig's eyes shine, his facial expression turns from distrustful to sadistic joyful:

-These are old!
-They don't...?

The other pig immediately comes to join the homosexual sado fest.

- 2002?!? That's for towing!
-Oh, oops, i gave you the wrong ones, wait a minute.

I hand them the correct ones.

They check it, skeptics, then apologise and leave. Dumb pigs.

Kitten
05-22-2006, 08:11 AM
I have had them follow me up the driveway to stop me for a RBT. I was just being friendly when I waved... :(

Preocupado
05-22-2006, 08:21 AM
hahaha. That's exactly what you get for being nice with them: they come to check what's wrong.

T-6005
05-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Sure, I got arrested in Tokyo.

I was underage and drunk. I was drunk enough to attempt to contest it. Which led to resisting arrest, running away, being caught and then dragged in. At which point the cops accused me of everything possible with the contents of my bag, from vandalism to breaking and entering, etc.

I got let off because I was drunk. For everything, even the underage drinking. I love me some Japan.

Endymion
05-22-2006, 08:35 AM
am i the only one that's never really had any trouble with the law? i've had to deal with cops three times:
1) i was doing 40 in an empty school lot to get to a friday class. cop gave me a warning.
2) cops came to my door because they thought the chef statue on my porch was stolen. i told them i'd found it and they said they'd check around if any stores had had theirs stolen and be back if they had.
3) cop pulls me over for having a dirty license plate--a shallow ploy to try to get a date with me (this is an assumption--he was behind me and the hair might have given the wrong impression)

in all the cases i was polite and they were professional.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-22-2006, 08:47 AM
I've never had any trouble. Only time the police have ever come to my door was when someone got burgled in our street and they were checking if we'd seen anything.

wheelchairman
05-22-2006, 09:11 AM
I was once given a stern talking-to when I was caught with a big ball of string, one end attached to a mailbox, after I had walked about a mile.

I probably should've been treated a little rougher.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm stopped by rent-a-cops all the fucking time for "shuffling with my pockets in the lesser lit areas of the store". What-the-fuck-ever on that one.

Cops have stopped me and my friends because my friends LOOK like they're up to no good (read: they weren't white).

Betty
05-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Cops have stopped me and my friends because my friends LOOK like they're up to no good (read: they weren't white).

Yeah, I had that. Was with a bunch of punk-looking hooligans and we were sitting around downtown. Why? Because we were underage and we were waiting outside of a bar where a band we wanted to see was to be playing. It started to rain so we sat on some steps to a museum that had a little overhang. Cops came by and gave us a huge hassle.
"You're not allowed to be sitting on those steps, it's private property."
"But it's raining."
"Too bad, get outta here. Do you know anything about some stolen minivans?"
"Of course, they're parked right out back." (seriously now)

Cops leave and come back a while later and we're still just hanging around outside that bar talking and stuff.

"Why are you kids still here? You're not allowed to just be standing around, you have to be GOING somewhere."

Yeah, what the fuck? It was the dumbest thing and they were total assholes about it.

Also, the time I got charged for underage/public drinking on my campus the female cop who caught me was quite bitchy about it. I tried to be super polite but it didn't matter.

And the time my dad got a speeding ticket for doing like, 135 in a 100. We were taking a family trip to Canada's Wonderland and the 4 kids were sitting in the back of the van.

My dad: "I was just following traffic."
Cop: "Fair enough."
My dad: "I guess we were just a little excited to get to Canada's Wonderland, it's our family vacation."
Cop: "Fair enough."

Seriously, he said "fair enough" like 8 times and was such an ass about the whole thing. Just give a ticket but don't be so MEAN about it.

clokey43
05-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I haven't had any run in with the law but I was with my friend once when he did. We had been to the pub and he stop to take a wee. Well needless to say the cops pulled up. Tokk both our names and left. If your nice to them they generally don't hassle you.

Tijs
05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I never had any bad experiences with the police.

Except maybe once though. Me and 4 friends (2 male, 2 female) were hanging out under a bridge, the two guys walked away and tried to set a bush on fire. While I was about 50 yards away from that talking with the 2 girls. Then a police car showed up (civilian actually, I guess they were undercover or something). They first asked the two guys to give them they're personal information, then they walked over to me and asked my info. I found it strange that they didn't asked the girls anything, whatsoever.
So the other day I filed a complaint email-wise, no response. I didn't really expect a respons though, but still.

The other confrontations with the police were alright. I once came home at 5AM as I was driving around the back to park the car. A police car saw me and decided to do a check it out, as a lot of cars are being broken into at the car park behind our house, especially at night. I just identified myself and cooperated. No reason for me to be a hard-ass about it, as they're really doing something about it. Seriously, my dad's car has been broken into, at least, they attempted. My sister's car too. And I've seen it happen from my window on broad day light.

And another time, they kicked in our neighbour's door. They live above us and were a night out. Apperently they decided to defrost their refrigirator, so water was leaking through the ceiling. There they found an connected electricity box in a puddle of water. As a thank you, my parents offered them a drink and so they stayed for the rest of their shift, which was about 2 hours.

Oh one more thing though, I once had my digital camera stolen from me. I got thrown on the ground, one was pulling the camera, the other kicked me. So as I did the declaration (is that the right word?) on the police station the next day, this woman made a report out of it and started to make up stuff to make it worse. So I said that I only wanted what actually happened in there. After that she was being really bitchy about it. Apperently honesty isn't enough these days.

Looong..

Mota Boy
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
i dunno about down under, but here in the land of the free you'd only have to let them in if they had a warrant signed by a judge.
No, they can also come in and search if you allow them too, and some cops will try everything they know to try and get you to let them in.

A friend of mine from my hometown is both really smart and really fucking stupid. He was valedictorian of his high school class, and thought it'd be fun to make bombs and blow up mailboxes, then come back immediately afterwards and check to see the damage. Long story short, he got caught.

The police made a huge fucking deal about it and attempted to get him and a friend with him charged with terrorism and various other offenses that would send 'em to jail for years.

Another time, another friend of mine was stopped for playing his music too loudly, and then got his car searched, turning up a pipe.

Let's see... also, a friend of mine was detained by cops and held on suspicion of a purse-snatching. The dude is black, six foot four and bald. The suspect was black, five foot six, with an enormous afro.

Not all cops are bad, but there are few things worse than cops on power trips.

Izie
05-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Ha, cops. Serbia is a goddamn police-state.

Anyway, here's MY story.

Birthday party in a park. Friends walk by several abandoned supermarket carts, and decide to take one, as it would be a fun ride. This story obviously involves a lot of very drunk Serbian male university students (my friends), one tipsy yet not drunk Serbian female (me), and one Jew (just as bad as the serbs, your friendly Mr. moderator).

Either way, I live on a big busy street, full of embassies and the like. The Serbs and the other male (we'll just refer to them as "males" from now on) push each other around in the cart screaming "SERBIA" as loud as they could, as we were passing by the Croatian embassy. A non-drunk friend and I were walking 2m behind them, preying to God no one stops us. And no one did. Not while we passed the Croatian embassy, not while we passed the American embassy, not even while we passed the damn government building (all filled with security, and not the hired ones - real cops).

Either way, at a point some people leave, my best friends (3 of the guys and Mr Moderator), decide it'd be fun to stick ME in the cart and ride it on the tram tracks (they were being repaired, no trams were running at the time). No one even flinched at this either. But then, oh wonder, we made it to the British embassy. They always have shitloads of cops, and the "special" forces ones even (they're basically allowed to do whatever the fuck they want to here).

We're pushing the cart on the road (not the sidewalk), and then here it goes (the 4 of us Serbs all answered together and the cop was YELLING all the damn time):
"Now there, kids, what are you doing?"
"Nooooooooooooothing. Just going home..."
"So now, why are you not on the sidewalk?"
"It's less bumpy here..."
"Now kids, is that right?"
"No... *lesad faces*"
"Where'd you find the cart?"
"Around the corner..."
"So kids, how about we go down to the station and see about that cart and that whole bussiness, eh?"
"Nooooo sir, we're just going home..."
"Damn kids, get your butts back on the sidewalk on the first spot you find! NOW!"

So we did. And I was in the cart the whole time. The goddamn idiot acted like a traffic cop, he could have asked us for a licence to "drive" the cart. Fucking wild bored people.

It was hilarious though :p

PS. They only let us off because there was a female in the crowd, i.e. me. Otherwise they usually take people downtown for no reason.

Paint_It_Black
05-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't feel like writing out any anecdotes, so I'll summarize my feelings. English cops are mostly alright, American cops are mostly assholes. That's all I know about.

Sin Studly
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Any pleasant experiences with the local law enforcement to share?

Idiot, don't you know anything? You're from New South Wales. The cops just wanted a fifty and they would have left.

Look, this is how it works.

The cops knock on your door and aggressively want to come in...

New South Wales ; The cops want a fifty. You're white, so they're not too afraid to arrest you if you don't give it to them.

Victoria ; The cops haven't killed them a man for almost twelve days, and already they're feelin' the itch. Keep your hands out of your pockets.

Queensland ; A toothless redneck got wasted from licking cane toads and drinking Bundaberg and XXXX and snuck into your house. Or the police are high from licking cane toads and drinking Bundaberg and XXXX and imagined a toothless redneck was in your house.

Australian Capital Territory ; The lawn on your front yard is sixteen millimetres above regulation length and destroying the beauty of the nations capital. You're going to get a $10,000 fine.

South Australia ; The cops are hoping you have weed they can confiscate and smoke, to try and dull the demons that invade their dreams from the rampant paedophila and bizarre serial murders.

Northern Territory ; Your family must be niggers, and something got stolen in the area. You're going to fall down the police station stairs, or 'commit suicide' in your holding cell. Take one last whiff of petrol fumes and accept Christ.

Western Australia ; The neighbours saw you watering your yard with precious lifegiving water, and the police are there to protect you from an incoming lynch-mob ala Mad Max 2.

Tasmania ; You probably raped your sister or something. Who cares, it's not like you're part of Australia anyway.

Endymion
05-22-2006, 06:07 PM
No, they can also come in and search if you allow them too, and some cops will try everything they know to try and get you to let them in.

i did say you only HAVE to...

but just like car searches, they'll ask and assume you'll give in just because they're officers of the law.

Mota Boy
05-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Sometimes cops don't ask. Sometimes cops tell you what's going to happen (http://radio.indymedia.org/news/2006/05/9797.php?gonnabarf).