PDA

View Full Version : What's your morning routine like?

BREAK
05-25-2006, 10:08 AM
This interests me.

Depending on how many times I woke up in the middle of the night to piss, the first thing I do is either go to the bathroom or take some pills(Excedrin most of the time) for my headache/toothache. Usually I do both, then I go back to bed and attempt to get as much sleep(or at the very least, lying under a blanket with my eyes closed) in as possible. Depending on what day it is and what kind of mood prevails I have sex with my spouse, or not. Then we go and take a shower, taking turns holding the shower door shut because the damn thing won't stay closed, which takes about 5 minutes depending on how much hot water there is.
Then, depending on the day of the week(I like to shave on alternate days to keep my skin tough), I put on some underclothes and pants and I go into the bathroom once the mirror has de-fogged to shave. I use way too much shaving cream to make an unnecessarily thick lather, and I check to see if my razor(a Schick Quattro) needs to be replaced. If it doesn't, I run it under hot water and shake it to clear it out. I start with the 'stache and the sideburns, move on to the neck and cheeks, finally leaving the chin for last, shaving against the direction my hair grows in, usually cutting myself at least once, rinsing my razor out every few strokes. When it's done, I run my razor under hot water and shake it again, then put it away and rinse my face off with hot water at least four times.
After I dry my face, I either put a shirt on or I don't, going to the kitchen to make breakfast. I have either a bowl of cereal(Reese's puffs or Frosted Flakes) with milk or a peanut butter-banana sandwich with a glass of water. Once I'm done eating, my face has usually dried up sufficiently for me to apply moisturizer to it in the bathroom. Following this, I brush my teeth, then drink some more water. If I have class that day, I throw my stuff into my briefcase and head out the door, kissing my wife goodbye. If not, I usually turn on the computer and try to do some writing while waiting for my wife to get ready so we can go somewhere. NOTE: None of this applies to weekends.

What about you?

Nina
05-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Holy shit, are you bored?

get up, walk across the room, open the window
go to bathroom, wash hands, then mouth, then face, then brush teeth
have a peeeee.
wash hands again.
go back into my room, put clothes on.
have a cup of tea

everything afterwards varies.

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
The very FIRST thing I need to do is pee. Every single morning, that's the very first thing. Then I brush my teeth vigorously, and shave every other day.

If it's a weekday, I have to shower immediately after that before really starting my day. If not, I tend to take forever and a day to do things. I have a job where I proofread grant proposals online, so I'll usually run through a few of those, post on here for a little while, etc.

I usually don't eat breakfast at all, and my first meal comes about four or five hours after I wake up. After that, I eat constantly.

Corpse
05-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Wake up (time depends on what I am doing in the day), urinate, shower, get dressed, have breakfast, then do my teeth.

Izie
05-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Wake up. Turn on computer.

Go to the bathroom. Brush teeth. If needed, pee and then wash hands. Clean face, tone face, apply facial creme and eyecreme.

Go back to the room. Turn on everything I need on the comp, get dressed.

Go to the kitchen. Get an apple and make coffee, no sugar, no milk.

Bring them back to the room. Eat/drink. Screw around online, check some stuff. Exercise. Shower.

As of next week, this is going to turn to "get up, run to bathroom, run to eat, run out to class". Not that I'm complaining, at least I'll have something to do, ha.

Izie
05-25-2006, 10:34 AM
How do you tone your face? You make faces? And what is your eye creme? Is it very useful?

Well, I tone my face with a toner...? You know, all those collections have cleansing milk/toner/moisturizing creme. Well I just use all 3.

My eyecreme so far was Nivea's cucumber whatever thing against puffy eyes and dark circles and it's been great in that respect. I also think it keeps the skin around my eyes rather well moisturized so I don't have to worry about wrinkles just yet :p As far as the puffyness and dark circles go, I don't actually have those very often either way... so ehh, I don't know how useful it exactly is.

/minirant

Vera
05-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Wake up, bathroom, usually turn the computer on (if am running late I obviously have no time to check e-mails or hang out online), brush my teeth, make tea or if there's already tea, pour myself a mugful of it and depending on the circumstances, either drink it in a hurry or drink it nice & slow while reading e-mails and checking various web places.

Then eventually get properly dressed, grab keys, cell phone, possible lunch if heading to work, wallet, maybe a bit of something to read, a water bottle & leave the house.

Tired_Of_You
05-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't have a routine.

I put my alarm at a random hour. Usually between 6h15 and 6h40.

I wake up, press snooze a few times, sometimes without realising it. Sometimes I fall asleep again and wake up really late. It doesn't happen too often, though.

I finally wake up, then I'll either pee, eat something or dress myself. I brush my teeth, hair, straighten my hair if I have the time and try to have an adequate look. I sometimes eat something or I might drink coffee. Sometimes I'll buy one at school and sometimes I won't.

I procrastinate a little, prepare my stuff for school in a hurry and leave the house at 7h30. I'm late if it's 7h31. That's what I do on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday until tomorrow.

Preocupado
05-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I wake up naturally because allarm clocks don't work for me. If i'm not ready to wake up, i simply won't do it.

Turn on the stabilizer and hit the power to let the Windows load.

Go to bathroom, pee, brush the teeth, take a shower and shave the same way BREAK described, cutting my chin.

Then kitchen, grab a couple of oranges and bananas, a knife, put them on a plate and sit in front of the PC.

Navigate for some good 40 minutes: BBS, Sensible Erection, Newseum, e-mails and Orkut.

Think about a cigarette, then replace the thought with a strong, manly chimarrão.

After that, it's all relative to the day of the week and the weather.

Tizzalicious
05-25-2006, 10:56 AM
Put on socks and my bra
Put my bed up (like, the back, so I can sit up)
Take my meds
Turn on my laptop and browse the net for a while
Go downstairs, peel an apple & make coffee
Take the apple & coffee upstairs and enjoy them while being online
Shower, do make-up, brush teeth, get dressed, all that stuff

Though sometimes I wait with the getting dressed for ages and walk around in my PJs until noon.

wheelchairman
05-25-2006, 10:59 AM
If I have school:

Cell-phone alarm goes off. I roll about for 3 min. full of hate, because i have to get out of bed and class is a nuisance.

Check the mirror if I need to shave. Go to the bathroom. Take a shower. Have breakfast and coffee while reading the bbs. Then when my class actually starts, I will brush my teeth and take bus 3A to Forum station, from where I will walk to school.

If I don't have school. Everything is different, I might not even shower if I am not planning on meeting people.

BREAK
05-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Dammit, hell. I forgot about deodorant. That goes on immediately after I dry myself from the shower and hang my towel up. I use Speed Stick "Fresh Rush" or whatever, it keeps my armpits dry and fresh most of the day.

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2006, 11:09 AM
That Speed Stick stuff makes my pits burn in agony, as do many others. All that seems safe is Gilette Clear Stick. Cool Wave preferably.

killer_queen
05-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Wake up and go back to sleep and wake up again after an hour. And I go to bathroom for peeing, brushing teeth, cleaning and moisturing my face. Wax or shave my legs if I need it and if I'm planning to wear skirt. I take a shower, dry and shape my hair. And I think for about ten minutes to decide what to wear while my aunt is preparing my breakfast which contains cookies and milk. And then I grab my bag and leave the house. I make my makeup (with my greaaaat Dior lip gloss) and wear perfume (Chanel-Chance) on the elevator. That's all.

skiddles824
05-25-2006, 11:21 AM
i wake up go pee, get back in bed for 2 minites, have a shower, bush teeth for 2 minites then get dressed listen to the offspring(Eni meni mine mo to decide witch one) go downstairs eat watch tv put socks back on get ready for school then go to school

wheelchairman
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I put deo and cologne on after I take a shower. I use the spray kind of deodorant, the other stuff is hard to find in Denmark, we have a lot of restrictions.

killer_queen
05-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I hate boys who use deodorant or stick or perfume. Most of the men smell great without them. I love the smell of sweat. Or I'm just horny.

wheelchairman
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
There is a guy in my class who always stinks of BO. Trust me, it's for the benefit of the people around them that they where deo/cologne. No one should have to suffer that. He just stinks, all the time. ughhh

Tizzalicious
05-25-2006, 11:29 AM
There is a guy in my class who always stinks of BO. Trust me, it's for the benefit of the people around them that they where deo/cologne. No one should have to suffer that. He just stinks, all the time. ughhh

Definitely. Gross. Eew. Gülsah, if you ever smelled this guy, you would take back what you just said immediately.

Izie
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
I hate boys who use deodorant or stick or perfume. Most of the men smell great without them. I love the smell of sweat. Or I'm just horny.

Bloody hell noes. The boy-perfume smell is like WHOA.

And I'm the fancy type, I don't use deodorant, I opt for perfume. Something cheaper on a daily basis, say O de Lancome, and when going out, I like smelling like rich people (Davidoff's Goodlife or Gucci's Envy):p

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Gotta use both. All cologne/perfume does is combine the funky sweat smell with whatever the cologne/perfume is, and that's nauseating. Gotta use deodorant not to smell good, but to prevent the odors from even comin' up.

Tizzalicious
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Rick knows his stuff!

JohnnyNemesis
05-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Rick knows his stuff!

I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to hygiene!

the_GoDdEsS
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
When I wanna sleep just a few minutes longer in the morning (because I wake up at 5 or 5:30 every morning), within 30 minutes I manage to: get out of bed, take a shower, make breakfast, get dressed, put on make up, read BBS and type something while eating breakfast, do my hair, brush my teeth and run out of the house. I win.

Radi0_havana52
05-25-2006, 12:19 PM
first things first i make coffee, then i shower, then i drink two cups of coffee in one shot each then hop on the bus, read a book on the bus, get to school run down to the store when i get to school, I get back and see a special some one. thats my mornings

Sinister
05-25-2006, 12:22 PM
7:00 - radio wakes me up
7:30 - finally out of bed, shower
7:45 - out of shower, breakfast
8:10 - BBS
8:30 - grab stuff for school, brush teeth if I remember.
8:50 - at school
9:00 - class begins

Endymion
05-25-2006, 12:38 PM
get up ~7, shower, brush teeth. shave maybe once a week (i fail at facial hair). after this, get dressed & deodorant. i usually will not put on socks or shoes at this point, but rather wander over to my computer for ~30 minutes. if i'm going out (work, school, whatever) i will then put on my socks and shoes and take off. i do not eat breakfast.

Mentally_Challenged
05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, providing it's a week day:

7.10, the alarm goes off. I'm a tad slow when it comes to waking up, so i'll just lay in bed for about 10 minutes.
Get up, take braces out (ewh), go for shower.
Get out of shower, go dry off in bedroom.
Whack some deodorant + body spray/perfume on.
Kick the PC on, put some music on.
Check emails.
Get dressed somewhere in this time..
Get hair straighteners out.
Straighten fringe, and the back if it needs doing.
Have a cup of tea.
Eat breakfast.
Brush teeth, put braces back in (ewh).
Rush around trying to find tie, jumper and socks.
Chuck the cat outside.
Feed the guinea pigs.
Put some shoes on.
Set the alarm, lock up.
Walk to school.

Fun! o_o

Lizardus
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Wake up.
Fall asleep again.
Wake up again to realize i'm late.
Change, brush my teeth and pick up my things.
Get breakfast at convenence store.
Walk.
Take cab and walk again.
Get to the university.

killer_queen
05-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Bloody hell noes. The boy-perfume smell is like WHOA.

And I'm the fancy type, I don't use deodorant, I opt for perfume. Something cheaper on a daily basis, say O de Lancome, and when going out, I like smelling like rich people (Davidoff's Goodlife or Gucci's Envy):p
Of course there are some certain really good boy perfumes but I just love my friends' smell.

And Gucci's Envy is perfect, definitely worths spending too much money on it. Never tried Goodlife but if you like it I'm sure it's great too because when it comes to cosmetics you know the best. That's all I can say after using (and tasting) Dior's lip gloss.

the_GoDdEsS
05-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Cologne makes me wanna melt into a male loving tigress. Or freshly shaved or showered guys. BUT fresh pheromones without a cologne (not meaning when you are sweaty after whole day) are sex. So I kinda understand both points.

Betty
05-25-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't have a routine per se cause I prefer to have frantic mornings apparently. But I posted my attempt at one a while ago.

Mostly involves hitting snooze over and over and over anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours. Maybe attempting to get out of bed, before turning back around and going back to the snooze.

The rest depends on whether I have 5 or 45 min. before I have to leave when I manage to drag myself outta bed.

5 min.:
-put on closest clothes, probably same jeans as yesterday, clean socks and underwear and t-shirt
-deodorant, Degree shower clean invisible stick
-pop BC pill, I swallow 'em dry most of the time now
-tie hair back cause it's surely greasy
-pee
-brush teeth
-grab food to go (banana/muffin/poptart/etc.)

45 min.:
-pee
-shower
-dress, deodorant
-brush hair while wet
-pill
-go make decent breakfast
-now that my hair has air dried for 10-15 min. I blow dry the rest to make it decent
-brush teeth
-gather crap and go

This is for school or work so I don't wear makeup or anything. Otherwise I'll spend 5-10 min. doing that and putting my contacts in if I'm in the mood to look pretty.

Sunny
05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
- put the alarm clock on snooze
- cuddle with fluffy for 10 minutes
- curse/whine, get out of bed, make tea, have tea
- hop in the shower, wash & condition my hair, exfoliate, brush teeth (yes, in the shower, stfu)
- hop out. 3-step and moisturizer/sunscreen (clinique superdefense). use deodorant. check email (while still naked ;p).
- towel-dry hair. bumble myself (defrizz, tonic lotion, thickening spray, styling lotion, grooming creme on the ends.. yah). heat up straightener. blow-dry hair, bumble part deux (hair spray, shine, sumowax). straighten little sticky-outy hairs.
- get dressed, put on perfume (usually clinique happy but chanel chance does it too; dior j'adore if i'm going out)
- have some yoghurt or wasa bread with cream cheese orrr banana/apple
- locate wallet, ipod, bottle of water, bag
- squirt some lemon juice into my water bottle
- run like hell.

Rancid_Guyxxx
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Alarm goes off at 6:05.
I fumble with the alarm for a minute, then turn it off.
I lay around, or sometimes fall back asleep, and if I'm not up by 6:30, my mom wakes me up.
I walk to the bathroom, and take a piss.
I then hop in the shower, and wash myself and my hair.
I get out, dry off, towel dry hair, and make my way to my bedroom.
I then put on my boxers, put on my socks, put on my pants/shorts, then put on a shirt.
From there I go to the washroom, wash my face, style my hair, then put on my glasses.
Next I go downstairs and toast a bagel, while pouring some orange juice and turning on the tv.
When the bagel is done, I spread some cream chese and head to the family room.
I eat my bagel and watch the news for about 15 - 20 mins, then head back to the washroom.
I go to the washroom again, then wash my hands, put on deoderant, and brush my teeth.
I then go back to my bedroom and change my shirt one more, while grabbing my hat, backpack and homework, to head downstairs once more.
I then grab my lunch and put it in my backpack, put on my shoes, then put on a sweater, coat, or nothing in the summer.
I then grab my bag, and head out the door to catch the bus.
I'm on the bus by 7:55 and at school by 8:15.
fin

Emily_offspring_fan
05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
-Wake up
-Go to the bathroom
-Brush my teeth, clean my face, etc.
-Have my breakfast
-Put on my clothes
-Comb my hair
-Make up
-Leave my house
-Get the bus
-Arrive to school

Izie
05-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Gotta use both. All cologne/perfume does is combine the funky sweat smell with whatever the cologne/perfume is, and that's nauseating. Gotta use deodorant not to smell good, but to prevent the odors from even comin' up.

Yeah see, but I barely ever end up smelling even without deodorant :/ If I ever use one, I use the odorless Nivea roll-on that just kills bacteria. That's all.

Of course there are some certain really good boy perfumes but I just love my friends' smell.

Haha, don't talk to me about this, that's like the ultimate compliment I will give to a male "you smell good". Confused the piss out of Vlad, before I actually explained how/why it's important to me, but that's a whole different story.

And Gucci's Envy is perfect, definitely worths spending too much money on it. Never tried Goodlife but if you like it I'm sure it's great too because when it comes to cosmetics you know the best. That's all I can say after using (and tasting) Dior's lip gloss.

I've had at least a bottle of Envy ever since I first smelled it, I just can't run out of it. I love it. And Goodlife is a bit older and somewhat difficult to find, meh, but I fell in love with that one too, it's a bit heavier, richer, it's yellow so I assiciate it with something creamy and golden... *inhales*

And if the Dior gloss is Diorkiss, then it's Sunnies' fault, she got me hooked :p But if it's DiorAddict, I take full credit. Both are just... Wow. Years of experimenting pay off ;)

calichix
05-25-2006, 11:02 PM
*laze around for like 10 minutes fidgeting with things (ie:reading old love letters, shuffling cards, fiddling with spinney tops.. anything procrastination-worthy)
*drink some orange juice then brush my tooters
*turn on the radio, rock out while I'm gettin naked, get in the shower and jam in there too (usually to something hardcore like, "cuts like a knife" by bryan adams or something equally awesome on morning radio),
*throw on whatever just as long as I don't go double hobo double slutty. for instance, I'm wearing gigantic sweatpants and a slutorama shirt right now.
*leave
*come back (I ALWAYS COME BACK ONCE after like 5 steps out the do. I'm a fuggin nutter)
*grab a tape/cd player
*motor

I should work breakfast into that schedule every once in a blue moon.

Not Ozymandias
05-25-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't really wake up in the mornings.

Mota Boy
05-26-2006, 01:39 AM
At the moment? Well, my routine has bounced about quite a lot over the past few weeks. Here's my latest routine, as of one day.

My alarm goes off at 10:00, 10:08, 10:16, 10:24 and 10:32, after which I realize the snooze has given up, and finally hoist myself out of bed, surprised at how immediately near the floor is (right now my mattress is situated beneath my bedframe, but that's for another day). I get up, trying to swear off sleepiness as I grab a towel and wander to the communal bathroom. I take the shower on the far right, and turn the water to a low volume so the drain doesn't flood. Post-shower, I tool around on the internet for longer than I like, before getting pissed off at myself and leaving to go to a local sandwich shop to grab lunch and read/write for an hour or two before it's time to go to class at one.

Sometimes, though, I can't fall asleep until late in the a.m. and don't wake up until 12:something, at which point I forgo lunch, but I'm hoping the mattress-to-floor situation will keep. At least for the next week.

Andy
05-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Right now I don't have a morning routine. And I love it.

Idiot
05-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Wake up. Drag myself up.
Take a shower, get dressed.
Do hair. Go downstairs.
Make Tea and Breakfast.
Have breakfast and Tea.
Brush Teeth.

I never understand people who brush their teeth before having breakfast.

Just a Girl
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
i don't really have a set time getting up, being a lazy student bum and all. but i have a routine still, i suppose.

i always always need a wee at 7 in the morning, because i always drink too much water before i go to bed. then i go back to bed for however long, anywhere between an hour to 4 hours. if i plan to go to the gym later that day, i don't shower, i leave that til after all the exercising. if i don't plan to go to the gym, i take off my pjs and put them in the dirty washing basket i body brush and then get in the shower, where i shampoo my hair, exfoliate, and condition my hair. anyhoo, if not showering i take my pjs off, cleanse my face, then brush my teeth while i wait for the cleanser to soak in properly. after brushing my teeth i tone my face, and put deodorant while i wait for the toner to dry. then, while my deodorant is drying (cos white marks on clothes are rubbish) i moisturise my face. if my room is warm i'll wander around naked for a while until deciding it's time to get dressed. after i've been up for half an hour i'm ready for something very small to eat, usually a banana. i can't eat sooner than that, it makes me feel sick. that's it really.

Nina
05-26-2006, 10:32 AM
...so many people dont wash their mouth or brush their teeth before they do anything else :[ does that mean you all have bad breath for thaatt long? eweewwww.

the_GoDdEsS
05-26-2006, 10:34 AM
No, I eat some toothpaste first, or mouthwash. I like this one toothpaste. And then brush teeth properly before I leave the house.

wheelchairman
05-26-2006, 10:37 AM
It's kinda redundant to brush your teeth before lunch...

Just a Girl
05-26-2006, 03:15 PM
...so many people dont wash their mouth or brush their teeth before they do anything else :[ does that mean you all have bad breath for thaatt long? eweewwww.

i have to brush my teeth before anything else if i was too lazy to brush my teeth the night before, but i usually do brush my teeth at night, so in the morning it's not really that bad.

and i hate eating without having brushed my teeth. the stale taste completely ruins the food. ick.

I don't know
05-26-2006, 03:20 PM
when I hear my alarm clock(I usually don't hear the alarm clock, so someone gotta wake me up) I wake up and put my alarm clock to go off some minutes later and I come back to sleep. It goes off first at 6:01 am, then I wake up and put the alarm clock to go off at 6:10 and I sleep again, at 6:10 I wake up and put the alarm clock to go off at 6:15 and I sleep again, at 6:15 I wake up again and put the alarm clock to go off 6:25 and I sleep again, and finally at 6:25 I wake up for real, no more minutes left to sleep,hehe. After waking up for real I go to the bathroom, there I pee and wash my face. Then I dress myself, after I go to the kitchen and I have breakfast. then I go back to my room and brush my teeth and after I put my shoes on. If it's not 6:50 yet, I listen to some music. at 6:50 I leave home to go to school.

ofsmurfsandpixies
05-26-2006, 03:40 PM
wake up somewhere ive never been before,realise its my bath,climb out stub toe,clothes on(varies) eat raisins or something, swallow some toothpaste-get shouted at for being late

no_way
05-26-2006, 03:44 PM
wake up somewhere ive never been before,realise its my bath,climb out stub toe,clothes on(varies) eat raisins or something, swallow some toothpaste-get shouted at for being late

hahahahahaha great routine!

JohnnyNemesis
05-26-2006, 04:24 PM
It's kinda redundant to brush your teeth before lunch...

I brush in the morning, and usually not too long after my meals. I brush my teeth like crazy, but I still have really horrible teeth because I haven't had insurance most of my life and rarely visited the dentist. Other people say that my teeth are fine, but it's something I'm self-conscious about because, well...I disagree with them.

wheelchairman
05-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I actually meant before breakfast. I brush my teeth not long after breakfast. And I eat breakfast almost first thing. So brushing before would be redundant, because well, the cleaning before I go to sleep and immediately after wouldn't really do anything. But breakfast is breakfast.

Sounds logical, but when you read what I just wrote, you'll realize that it's not by any means coherent.

JohnnyNemesis
05-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Ahh, I see what you mean; I used to feel the same way, but then I think about what's built up in your mouth that's NOT being brushed out that you'e just consuming WITH your breakfast is you don't brush...ugh.

Don't mind me though, I'm just fuckin' neurotic.

Tizzalicious
05-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I definitely brush my teeth AFTER the breakfast, since I have an apple, and eating apples after brushing teeth is just gross. Eew. But I do brush them soon after, I hate walking around with gross teeth. Ick.

JoY
05-27-2006, 04:19 AM
getting up is a major process in Bella-land. & it looks a LOT like that of Sunny.

when I don't have anything in particular to do in the morning:
I wake up & ly in bed for a good, long while. I stare at the ceiling, thinking about how to structure my plans for the day. in the end I get up. probably because I had to. this can be late in the morning. REAL late.

if I have to get up, it often occurs that I "snooze" for another 30 minutes, just because I can't get up earlier than my body says I should. when my alarm wakes me up, it either rings to warn me I should take my medicine, or because seriously have to get out of bed & do something. I don't get out of bed either way. I stare at the ceiling, thinking about what I have to do, thinking about how I'm going to do it & before I know it, I fall asleep again, dreaming that I've already done everything for that day. it's the most awful thing to wake up after that, realising you're still in bed & haven't done a thing yet.

finally having gone out of bed after whining etcetera, I take a shower. most often a long shower. I like me clean. I grab everything I need, put it in a bag, fill my waterbottel, put in some lemonjuice if I have it, make sure I have my wallet (sometimes I forget this), my cellphone (sometimes I forget this), my schedule (sometimes I forget this), my mascara (I never forget this. I put it on in the subway to save time) & you name it. sometimes I have time for breakfast, but I know that when I don't eat breakfast, my entire day will be a complete unorganised mess. so I should eat breakfast, just to have some sort of ritual in my day. a routine. so I grab a sandwitch from the baker on my way.

somewhere between all these things I get dressed, doing tons of things in the mean while. then I take the subway to the faculty. in the subway I eat up my breakfast, put on mascara, listen to some music, read the newspaper & plan my day some more.

the short version:
I snoozed too long. no time, no time. I get out of bed, jump in my clothes, run to a cigarette store/sandwitch store, run to the subway, flash my public transport card & jump in.

Mota Boy
05-27-2006, 10:13 AM
I brush my teeth, I just figured that went without saying. I didn't wanna record the boring minutia of my day, like brushing teeth, shaving, putting on deoderant, clothes, etc.

Andy
05-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't brush my teeth as soon as I get up. I find it pointless to brush your teeth and then eat breakfast. Brushing is the last thing you do before leaving the house, or if you don't leave the house it's the first thing you do after breakfast.

(as usual, I made this post without reading the majority of posts, so if I covered ground that has already been established...Fuck you)

Kerr
05-27-2006, 02:09 PM
On a typical school day:
I typically wake up from 7:30-7:45
The first thing I do is go for a piss, becasue I always need to do one, regardless of how many times I went for one in the night.
The next is have my breakfast and some coffee, then put in my contact lenses, then clean my teeth, then wash my face, then gel my hair.
Then I fetch my school bag and put my lunch box in my bag (the bag would have been prepared right before I went to bed the night before, as of having my shower too).
Finally, I leave the house at somewhat 8:15-8:25 (depending on how tired I am in the morning - the more tired I am, the more I tend to slack).

I tend to shave before my shower if I decide I need one, I am never bothered about keeping my face totally smooth.

If it's a working day and my shift is in the morning or starts at a time which would require me to get up earlier than normal, I just wake up an hour beore my shift starts, have breakfast, put contacts in, usually don't bother with coffee and I won't clean my teeth (I always do it in the evening anyway), then I might gel me hair, and for half past set off to work.

If it's any other day (holiday, weekend), I just have breakfast and put my contacts in. I would only gel my hair if I was going out.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention - I'd get changed right after I got out of bed. Always.

Jakebert
05-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Wake up at 6:08.
Pee and turn on the shower so it can heat up.
Go to laundry room and get a shirt, boxers, and pants/shorts.
Get a shower.
Get out of shower.
Dry off and put on boxers.
Turn on radio and listen to AM radio news.
Get dressed.
Start drying hair. (I have long hair)
Take break from drying hair to put on shoes and get wallet.
Finish drying hair.
Start car to warm it up (if it's cold out)
Brush teeth.
Shave.
Get a CD to listen to on the way to school.
Leave.

On weekends it involves getting up and showering and that's really it. There's no set routine.

0r4ng3
05-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I wake up at 6am, then I take a piss. Then, I get out of bed.

Nah, can't finish the post. too much self-lolz.

Subsidal
05-28-2006, 01:44 AM
If I don't have any appointments my cat wakes me up at 6 am, then again at 6:40 am, again at 7 am, then 7:30 am and latest at 8 am I get out of bed 'cause she walks over my head over and over again. Sometimes I also wake up at 4:31 am (that's the usual time my cat has to throw up). Sometimes I think my cat can read a clock. Don't know how she makes it to wake me at the same time, always!