PDA

View Full Version : Listen Please!!!

dexguitar
05-29-2006, 06:02 AM
http://www.myspace.com/rfrta. These songs were recorded by us in march '2005 (NYA) and december '2005 (Rush). PLEASE send your comments to dexgray@gmail.ru or leave them in this topic. Thank you very much for listening!
Best regards, DG

ygokazuki
05-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm listening now, I'll edit this post later with my comments. Meanwhile, listen to my song (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24074) - if you don't, I won't comment here. :p
EDIT: OK, I listen to Rush. To be honest, I didn't really like it. Your guitar tone wasn't too great and it got very repetitive. The guitar solo was good, but there's a bad note in the triplets.
Not Your Anthem, though, was quite enjoyable. Try have the singer push their voice a little more with emotion - scream that shit! It'll add a lot of presence to the track.

dexguitar
05-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey! Thank you very much for listening, i really appreciate that!!!!! Ok, so now your band:
right now - worst week ever - KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY STYLEY!!!!!!!! WELL DONE, MAN!!!!!!!
ok: BIG TV. sounds cool! VERY original - HONESTLY!
starting listening to SOCKS: nice solos you guys got in all your song beginnings! WE CALL'EM SUKZ!!!!!!
pop-punk crap song that was called new:solos again - and again fuckin HUGE stream of energy!!!!! Spanish shit acoustic - VERY COOL!!!!!!
Glompinator: kicks it too!!!!!! drums are very nice!!!!! say to your drummer:"you kick ass"
i wanna be sedated: telling really, i haven't heard this song before, even though i know Ramones. oh, let me download it... WOW!!!!!!!! you covered'em VERY PROFESSIONALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW RAMONES :)
BASKET CASE: right, man! don't say those filthy words! NICE!!!!
Holiday:COOL!!!!!!
OTHER Green days - SUCH COOL THEMES!!!!!!
OK, and finally offsprings: VERY and once again VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!
COOOOl guys you are! hey, let's become friends! we can cooperate!!! distro!!!! what state are you from? also i can record vocals for you! write your email and i'll send vocals for ALL I WANT and others... FRIENDS? FRIENDS!

ygokazuki
05-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey! Thank you very much for listening, i really appreciate that!!!!!Sure thing man.
worst week ever - KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY STYLEY!!!!!!!! WELL DONE, MAN!!!!!!!Thanks! Means a lot to me!
WE CALL'EM SUKZ!!!!!!Uh...what?
Spanish shit acoustic - VERY COOL!!!!!!Uh...What?
say to your drummer:"you kick ass"I would, but I use a drum machine.
hey, let's become friends! we can cooperate!!! distro!!!! what state are you from? also i can record vocals for you! write your email and i'll send vocals for ALL I WANT and others... FRIENDS? FRIENDS!OK, I'll email you....

no_way
05-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Good sound, it's very good, but you should get a vocalist, because it sounds kinda boring without, but congrats man, it's great!

I've got a band too (http://media.putfile.com/Solo-tus-canciones) , but I doubt you'll like it, because it's pop/rock, but hey, we're pretty good at it!

I would, but I use a drum machine.
hahaha that was sooo low hahaha

petey
06-02-2006, 01:38 PM
i didnt like rush, but i did like not your anthem. rush would have been better if there was vocals probably.

MaF
06-14-2006, 02:51 AM
yeah, without vocals sounds weak
and that voice trying to be like....hmmm....green day? :confused: ? hate gg :D yeah sounds like!
but i can be mistaken... - haven't music education - just basics :D

dexguitar
06-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Thank you for constructive criticism!

myperfectapathy
06-15-2006, 07:24 AM
ah man....holy crap, "Rush" dude...no, not at all....no way.

Dude, not only does the entire thing sound too heavily overdubbed, dude....its too repetitive for guitar work, especially for the style your doing it in...the solo was ok, but too low...turn the volume up on it a tad, like .75db gain should do it.

overall? dude...I didn't really like Rush at all....not something I would ever listen too again.

Now, moving on to "Not Your Anthem" what the fuck dude? How did you go from ridiculoisly overdubbed and terrible, to crisp, clear and awesome? I totally enjoyed this one man, the vocals need to be turned up, like totally 3db gain would do the trick, but I can't understand what he says....he needs vocal lessons too....the singer needs to put more emotion into this track, and you can totally hear him better on other parts of the song which means he can't keep his volume constant...a lot of people have trouble with that, I even have a little trouble with it...but check out the antares vocal toolkit vst plugin software, if you do multitracking you can edit it and make it all the same in a virtual studio app like pro tools, reason 3.0, sound forge, sonar xl, etc.