PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn and PS1

SkunkIt
05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Does anyone remember how awesome these systems were?

There was a game for PS1 I couldn't remember, but it invovled a bunny, islands in the sky, sliding on rainbows, collecting carrot and throwing cherry bombs, roman candles, etc.

I used to play this and "Bug!" (http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/saturn/a/Bug!%20(U)%20-%20Front.jpg) for hours. Does anyone remember any other awesome games for these systems? Also, does anyone remember these teo games or any other awesome addicting ones?

cool 2 hate 681
05-29-2006, 05:57 PM
star wars masters of teras kasi was a pretty sweet fighting game for ps1

Paint_It_Black
05-29-2006, 06:26 PM
The Playstation was of course awesome, but the Saturn was horrible. It didn't take long before all the good games were only on Playstation. It was decided that the Saturn wouldn't even be able to run Tomb Raider 2. Yeah. The Saturn really sucked.

SuperKnux
05-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Sega Saturn, baby.

I bought and still own Panzer Dragoon Saga. No, I didn't get it from eBay. I got it a few weeks after it's release. That's still one of my favorite games of all time. I'm so proud of myself for actually buying it, as oppose to all these people who just collect old and rare systems off eBay.

Now, if only I had gotten Burning Rangers. : /

Sinister
05-29-2006, 06:33 PM
SEGA gave me quite a bunch of good moments. every friday afternoon at the "daycare" (correct term?) I used to go when I was a lot younger, each kid had 15 minutes of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Then, a couple years ago, I got a Dreamcast because it was pretty cheap, $70 I think back then. Half of the games I have are burned because they didn't sell them anymore, but that didn't matter too much. Aaaah, the memories.

And I never, ever liked the Playstation(s). I don't know why, I just never liked Sony.

SuperKnux
05-29-2006, 06:36 PM
The Dreamcast is my favorite system of all time. It's games are fuckin' fantastic, and a lot of them were ahead of their time. That's the thing with Sega, they always dished out new, weird, and refreshing ideas. Which is why a lot of people don't like their games. People enjoy generic, first person shooters, with no creativity or imagination.

Paint_It_Black
05-29-2006, 06:40 PM
People enjoy generic, first person shooters, with no creativity or imagination.

No, people enjoy consoles that aren't steaming piles of shit. That's why Sony and Microsoft are the big boys now. Nintendo might be able to do something with their new machine, Nintendo wii or whatever it's called. Maybe. But Sega is fucking dead.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Sega didn't put out a decent console after the Mega Drive. EA Hockey. That is all.

Paint_It_Black
05-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Sega didn't put out a decent console after the Mega Drive.

Completely correct.

SuperKnux
05-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Well, I don't play anymore video games as when I was a kid. To be honest, I can't get into new video games anymore. I owned a PS2 for a month, but sold it. I had an X-BoX, but got rid of that aswell. Video games aren't fun anymore, and it's just mindless dribble now. The common man can't handle anything remotely challenging, and thus, the industry is forced to give you the same thing over and over. There is only so much I can take of the same damn game, and it's sequels.

Oh, well. Just my opinion.

Paint_It_Black
05-30-2006, 02:40 AM
SuperKnux, I don't think the games are bad. They're just harder to get into. More complicated, it seems to me. I don't play many video games anymore, and I think the reason is it just feels too much like hard work to get good at them. When I was a kid I could pick up any game and quickly be good at it. I think it's a combination of games being more complex, and my adult brain not learning as easily as it used to.

notoriousdoc
05-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Tony Hawk's. Brilliant series.

T-6005
05-30-2006, 06:27 AM
Richard and Dave are wrong. This is non-negotiable.

There were some amazing games released for the Saturn, including Golden Axe, Street Fighter vs. X-Men - which remains one of my favorite games of all time - Sonic R - and even games that looked like shit but were amazing fun like Gale Racer.

However, there definitely weren't enough games released on it. It was a brilliant console, and the playability of most of the games I played on it surpassed most anything else I've ever played, but there just weren't enough games.

JohnnyNemesis
05-30-2006, 07:01 AM
I loved my Saturn so much. The Capcom 2D fighting games were infinitely better on the Saturn than on PS1. Plus World Series Baseball was definitely awesome, as was the Panzer Dragoon series. Guardian Heroes was phenomenal too.

I got a PS1 once everyone else gave up on the Saturn, and it never clicked for me. I've never been a PlayStation fan.

Demon_of_Debauchery
05-30-2006, 07:05 AM
I used to have a Sega Saturn with this blue plastic gun which you shot the people on the TV screen with.

Paint_It_Black
05-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Alright, I loved my Saturn too. Some of the games were awesome. But this doesn't mean the console itself was good.

The fact remains that I wasted a lot of money when I bought a Saturn. I later bought myself a Playstation after realizing my error, and I think my old Saturn is still somewhere at my parents' house because no one would buy it from me. From what I gathered from game magazines at the time, the Saturn was just a vastly inferior console and no one wanted to make games for it.

mrconeman
05-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Final Fantasy 7 & 8 on PS1 ftw.
ITT: abbriviations.

The Talking Pie
05-30-2006, 01:58 PM
There was a game for PS1 I couldn't remember, but it invovled a bunny, islands in the sky, sliding on rainbows, collecting carrot and throwing cherry bombs, roman candles, etc.
Jumping Flash!

SkunkIt
05-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Jumping Flash!

Yes! That game was awesome. <3

http://www.vidgames.com/ps/screens/jumping4.jpg

Well, I don't play anymore video games as when I was a kid. To be honest, I can't get into new video games anymore. I owned a PS2 for a month, but sold it. I had an X-BoX, but got rid of that aswell. Video games aren't fun anymore, and it's just mindless dribble now. The common man can't handle anything remotely challenging, and thus, the industry is forced to give you the same thing over and over. There is only so much I can take of the same damn game, and it's sequels.

Oh, well. Just my opinion.

I agree with you there, it seems like every game has the same idea but with different characters. Also, I don't like the new "old" games, especially 3-D Megamans. The last 3-D Megaman I played, the first level was repetitive, I shot flying toasters, the first level boss was a circus hippo and on top of that, it was an rpg Megaman, which made it take forever to fight the thing. It was horrible. It seems I can't go into a video game store without seeing a game that's already been done but with different characters.

Mentally_Challenged
05-30-2006, 05:18 PM
I still have my trusty PS1. Space Invaders was (well, still is) great. As was Crash Bandicoot... couldn't get enough of that game. eeech. I think it's starting to gather dust now though o_o