PDA

View Full Version : Real life pwnage.

Vera
05-30-2006, 12:58 PM
This isn't really ownage but I feel like sharing.

Today at work somebody left their cell phone in the ride (I work at an amusement park) I was working at. So I pick it up, bring it the control room and figure I'll take it to Lost Property during my break or whatever. It's on silent mode so I figure it won't bother anyone.

There's this microphone system in the control room so I can let people know what is and isn't allowed during the ride, and remind them to take their caps off and stuff like that.

Anyway, so I'm letting people into the ride and suddenly you hear the sort of noise your comp makes if your mobile phone rings right next to it and you have your speakers on. And the noise is really LOUD. And apparently the person calling the lost cell phone isn't giving up, so it just keeps making the noise and I'm beginning to get a little embarrassed and just then, someone from the line pipes up: "OWNED!!!"

(He said it all Finnish, too, like "oh-ned".)

I was looking down so I didn't see who it was but had I seen the little smartass, I would've fucking banned them for life on that ride. It wasn't my cell phone that was ringing at work! It's not ownage!

Ever been pwned IRL?

the_GoDdEsS
05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Haha, no. I think that term is very very unknown here. Oh and I hate that sound when I have headphones on the bus and people's phones are going beeeeeeeeeep crazy.

Vera
05-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, the sound is so annoying. Also happens a lot when I watch TV late at night and have my cell phone with me to check the time.

In a way being semi-pwned made my day. I couldn't stop grinning. Another thing that made me laugh was when I got to publically humiliate some people who broke some rules during the ride. Basically I was all patronizing through the microphone-speaker system after the ride and everyone else laughed at them because I'd always start it like "You, the boy in the blue shirt in the second carriage...".

My job rocks sometimes.

the_GoDdEsS
05-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Isn't it a little bit of a power trip? You can make them your puppets.

Little_Miss_1565
05-30-2006, 01:37 PM
You can make them your puppets.

Vera, promise me you'll make them your puppets by sticking your hand up their butts! Ownage

Izie
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Isn't it a little bit of a power trip?

Yeah, but isn't that great? :p

Vera
05-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Authority rocks.

Paint_It_Black
05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
What the fuck is this noise you're all talking about?

barangatang
05-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Your so un-punx. I'd have answered the phone, talked to whoever was calling and given them a piece of my mind.

0r4ng3
05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
What the fuck is this noise you're all talking about?
Whenever a cell phone rings next to computer speakers (or does anything to communicate outside itself), the speakers emit a buzzing sound seconds before it rings.

Paint_It_Black
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
I just borrowed a cell phone and tried it next to my speakers. Nothing happened. Odd.

the_GoDdEsS
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, but isn't that great? :p

That was my point! :P

T-6005
05-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Richard, it happens next to pretty much any type or size of speaker. Amps, computer speakers, TV speakers, even some of the bigger headphones I've had have done it.

Tizzalicious
05-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Haha, that's pretty good.

That sound once made me think my walkman (yes, that long ago) was broken though. I usually used it on the tram, and it would buzz all the time. I didn't know it was the cellphone thing. I even took it back to the store, where of course they couldn't find a problem.

Vera
05-30-2006, 10:57 PM
I just borrowed a cell phone and tried it next to my speakers. Nothing happened. Odd.
It has to receive an SMS or a call, dumbo. And with that, it doesn't always make the noise.

barangatang - Why the fuck would I blame someone for calling their friend's lost cell phone? And no way was I going to answer it, I wasn't going to meddle with customer's property other than to carry.

Mota Boy
05-31-2006, 12:28 AM
On Thursday a friend and I were playing foosball at a bar I stop by every now and then when the regulars started putting their money up on a game.

Roughly ten games later, we were still at the table and they were still plunking down money to get their asses handed to them. They finally got tired and stopped challenging us, we finally got bored and left.

Ooooooh, and for a while, every semester I'd have a class with a friend of mine. While going into a test, we'd compare how much we'd studied. When he learned how much studying I'd done, he'd tell me repeatedly "OH MAN! You're so fucked!" Then we'd get the grades and I'd be at least a letter grade higher than him. Fuckin' pwned.

Paint_It_Black
05-31-2006, 01:58 AM
It has to receive an SMS or a call, dumbo.

:( :( :( :(

I actually put it next to my speakers and called it from my home phone.

Vera
05-31-2006, 02:20 AM
Lolz. Only grannies don't know how to use cell phones.