PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player 11

The Talking Pie
05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I haven't been on much the last couple of weeks, so if someone'e already made this thread, please delete away.

Anyway. Windows Media Player 11. Anyone else installed the Beta? I'm not at all a fan of WMP, and I generally use my own brand of media player for songness, but damn, I might have to convert after having played around with this latest release from Microsoft.

Thoughts? Comments?

no_way
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
for me it was kinda hard to get used to it, but once you get it, it's really cool and it's got a lot of modern advantages.

Izie
05-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Hm, my mom has it on her laptop, I guess I should give it a look. I've heard it's great though.

Tijs
05-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Don't any of you have trouble installing it? Apperently I don't have a legal version of Windows XP, so I can't install it.

The Talking Pie
05-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Can't say I've had any trouble installing it at all. It did seem like it'd frozen up at a few points, but upon closer inspection it was just busy at work transferring across settings and whatnot from WMP10.

jacknife737
05-30-2006, 08:48 PM
I just downloaded it, and love it.

Lizardus
05-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Don't any of you have trouble installing it? Apperently I don't have a legal version of Windows XP, so I can't install it.
You could try getting an offline installer.

Jebus
05-30-2006, 10:37 PM
I just installed it today. It's awesome indeed. Sorry Winamp. :o

.:SMASH:.
05-31-2006, 02:46 AM
god damn i just finished converting all my songs to itunes!!!!!!

before i do anything silly could anyone tell me how it compares to itunes?

mrconeman
05-31-2006, 03:13 AM
/downloading

Idiot
05-31-2006, 04:00 AM
I'll download it in a bit and see what I think.

Fat Boy Samsam
05-31-2006, 04:26 PM

No..dude... you must have recently applied the 'Windows Genuine Notification' patch by mistake. Came out only a couple of days ago. Check your program lists and remove it

Idiot
06-01-2006, 01:33 AM
I think the new WMP is actually really good. I'm also sceptical when it comes to Microsoft, but I *might* actualy keep using it instead of sticking with WinAmp.

notoriousdoc
06-01-2006, 02:01 AM
It says that about all the windows media players I try to install, it's fucked up.

Llamas
06-01-2006, 02:24 AM
downloaded. I love it. I'll no longer be using winamp due to this new version. Thanks whoever made this thread. :)

Tijs
06-01-2006, 03:51 AM
No..dude... you must have recently applied the 'Windows Genuine Notification' patch by mistake. Came out only a couple of days ago. Check your program lists and remove it
That's weird, I haven't installed anything for the last two weeks or so. But I'll check it when I get home.

Fat Boy Samsam
06-01-2006, 04:03 AM
That's weird, I haven't installed anything for the last two weeks or so. But I'll check it when I get home.

It was an auto-update from Microsoft this week.

Basically checks if your version of XP is legal or not.

I stopped the auto-install so don't know how you will look for it or even remove it.

JoY
06-01-2006, 07:19 AM
god damn i just finished converting all my songs to itunes!!!!!!

how does that work anyway? because iTunes was converting my songs & then after a few I stopped it, because I don't want the files to get messed up sizes, like .mp4 or something, that can't play in any other player. :/

sKratch
06-01-2006, 08:49 AM
lol@itunes

don't know anything about the new WMP, though. I like my winamp a whole lot :[

Tijs
06-01-2006, 08:56 AM
It was an auto-update from Microsoft this week.

Basically checks if your version of XP is legal or not.

I stopped the auto-install so don't know how you will look for it or even remove it.
Must've been installed when I installed Service Pack 2 to support my USB-card. It's not listed in my Add/Remove Programs list, so I'll just wait for the cracked version. Meanwhile, WMP 10 works just fine.

Idiot
06-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Changed my mind. WMP messed up, and is annoying me already. Even if it is only a beta, I'm gonna stick with my true love, WinAmp.

JohnnyNemesis
06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
how does that work anyway? because iTunes was converting my songs & then after a few I stopped it, because I don't want the files to get messed up sizes, like .mp4 or something, that can't play in any other player. :/

Check the options/preferences or whatever, and make sure you set it to mp3 at a reasonable bitrate, not mp4. After that, the songs you add to iTunes should be fine.

iTunes remains superior, but I despised it back when I had it on my PC.

Idiot
06-01-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't like iTunes either. Maybe I'm too picky.