PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to our newest member, offspring dude!

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Is it just me, or do members just not put the same effort into names as they used to?

Sinister
05-31-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not you.

no_way
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, no one can equal your screen name, that's for sure, but maybe you're right (I'm not a bright example, I know) specially most of the newbies now can't seem to turn the caps lock key off!

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-31-2006, 05:11 PM
It doesn't need to be a huge long name.. you know, things like Vera and Betty. They're original enough and you'll never get them mixed up with someone else. If you have a name "Offspring_dude" or "Offspring_fanatic" I'll insantly forget who you are.

no_way
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Well, no way they'll forget who I am, but well, if they put those names, maybe unconsciently they don't want to be remembered. A little psychology for a change :P

Iddy
05-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Half the time, the 'newest members' don't even post... maybe they'll re-register with a more original name later

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Ha, I wouldn't count on it.

ignition991
05-31-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm only ignition991 because thats the screen name i use for everything, not because i'm an offspring fanatic. It's mostly because ignition is their best album in my opinion, and i work on cars. Plus i've had this screen name for years and don't want to change it.

coke_a_holic
05-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Ignition991, it's not so much the name as it is the fact that everyone else has similar names. You could be an intriguing, amazing person, yet be shadowed by the fact that you're so easily confused with the many other people with similar names.

TheUnholyNightbringer
05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
And it doesn't help that everyone called Ignition has been an idiot.

All About Eve
05-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Be like Mike; be original. Or if all else fails, pick a random song your listening to and use it as a name (like mine) that's not an Offspring song.

All About Eve
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Not to mention, they all have Dexter, Noodles, or Ignition avatars.

coke_a_holic
05-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Be like Mike; be original.
Yes, be like me! Pick a name that completely sucks, but destroys the name you were originally going to use! I seriously was going to pick the absolute worst screen name ever for this board before settling with this coke_a_holic. I was gonna use "n0selfesteem" or something similar. I'm not sure whether to laugh that I didn't, or weep in self-pity because I almost did.

Tired_Of_You
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
They actualy all have the flamming skull as an avatar. It's insane how many people have it.

Yay for names related to a song name!

Ninty Man
05-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Not to mention, they all have Dexter, Noodles, or Ignition avatars.

I have the skull... does that makes me a copycat?

Sinister
05-31-2006, 07:28 PM
I have the skull... does that makes me a copycat?

Yes it does.

Ninty Man
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Yes it does.

But I like it... :(

ignition991
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
And it doesn't help that everyone called Ignition has been an idiot.

I've also noticed that anyone who's had "Ignition" in their name, spelled it "Igniton"

All About Eve
05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Nice avatar change, what is it?

ignition991
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Me folded up into a couch-bed. My friend did it when i stayed over at a car show. I was half awake, and i had just woken up from a party so i was still extremly tired. I thought it was funny and he took my picture when i was still inside of it.

0r4ng3
05-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Wow, I really thought that avatar was a picture of a car or something.

- -Lauren- -
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
It doesn't need to be a huge long name.. you know, things like Vera and Betty. They're original enough and you'll never get them mixed up with someone else. If you have a name "Offspring_dude" or "Offspring_fanatic" I'll insantly forget who you are.

Thanks Dave. I feel so loved.

Well, that was a reason I changed it. I liked being called by my actual name, I hated being mistaken for a guy, and I was confused with everyone else. And the fact that I'm not obsessed anymore, I listen to other bands more than The Offspring.

All About Eve
05-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Wow, I really thought that avatar was a picture of a car or something.
I thought it was pulled back bleachers in a gym.

SkunkIt
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Ha ha, On the old board which I never posted on, I think my username was OffspringFan12, or something like that.

Llamas
05-31-2006, 10:56 PM
having an offspring name and an offspring avatar on an offspring board is totally overdoing it to me... I do post on the main offspring board, but 80% of the people who post on there are 14 year old obsessed losers. I like my screen name, even if it is kind of lame... especially because I don't actually love llamas. And my avatar tends to turn a few heads ;)

but "ignition" is atleast not as bad as "conspiracy of one", and "offspring dude" and "dexter is my man" or whatever shit... I like the names on here that are memorable... I always remember who people like vera, joy, wheelchairman, jakebert, ninty man, and sinister are.

barangatang
06-01-2006, 12:14 AM
but "ignition" is atleast not as bad as "conspiracy of one"
Wait, why? They're both album names.

Llamas
06-01-2006, 02:05 AM
only because this guy had alterior motive for it... the car thing. generally, it is just as bad.

notoriousdoc
06-01-2006, 02:13 AM
I'd like to take this time to congratulate the mod that had "Senor membre" under their name, it actually made me laugh out loud.

ninthlayer
06-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Yeah, but you're a simpleton.

Llamas
06-01-2006, 02:26 AM
I think you officially belong in the "what worthless members has your country produced" thread.

JoY
06-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Is it just me, or do members just not put the same effort into names as they used to?
because JoY is just freaking brilliant!

I'd change it, if everyone would actually ever stop calling me JoY, but they already know me as JoY anyway, so what's the use? remember Black Broken Diamond? pretty creative, eh? yeah, & VERY unpractical when addressing someone.

ninthlayer
06-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Didn't people just shorten it to BBD (when they weren't calling you Joy)?

JoY
06-01-2006, 02:37 AM
uh huh, but at least JoY means something. BBD is lyke, serious name-raping.

at least I didn't choose anything Offspringy. then again, now THAT would've been original in *my* case.

Llamas
06-01-2006, 02:38 AM
because JoY is just freaking brilliant!

I'd change it, if everyone would actually ever stop calling me JoY, but they already know me as JoY anyway, so what's the use? remember Black Broken Diamond? pretty creative, eh? yeah, & VERY unpractical when addressing someone.

I'm not sure as to how that text you quoted relates to what you wrote :P however, I personally like JoY mostly cause it's my middle name :)

Llamas
06-01-2006, 02:40 AM
uh huh, but at least JoY means something. BBD is lyke, serious name-raping.

at least I didn't choose anything Offspringy. then again, now THAT would've been original in *my* case.

sorry for the double post, but what does JoY stand for? and are you not a fan of the offspring? haha

ninthlayer
06-01-2006, 02:41 AM
I've (more or less) always had the same username. I'd liked it a lot more when I shortened it to "ninth" but that's fucking gone and I'm not getting it back. My favorite part of my username is when people say shit like "Who's ninth?" and manage to somehow pronounce it incorrectly.

Oh, and the worst moment of my life was when I was paying my cell phone bill at the mall and I heard some kids say "Oh man, it's Ninth!" to each other. I pretty much wanted to die on the spot.

JoY
06-01-2006, 02:44 AM
ilovellamas:
no, I'm not a fan. I just visited this place 5 years ago & got stuck here. :(

JoY just stands for.. joy, basically. so what I was saying is that those three letters don't make such a creative username either. I just wanted something bouncy & cheery, that also can be used as an actual name.

ninth, omg. I would just DIE. everytime I'm on here in the library, I just hope to god that no one will walk by & say, "holy shit! I'm offspringrammsteinfan on there!" (example), or something as, "my little brother just visits that site all the time." I just hope it's a matter of natural selection; I'm Dutch, I'm in university & I study medicine. how many would have that with me in common? ON HERE, that is.

Llamas
06-01-2006, 02:52 AM
ah I get it... I post on another message board, where people have shortened my username to "ILL", which reads like a word. and 5 years is a damn long time to be on an offspring message board :P though the other board I post on has been 5 years, too... *sigh*

ninthlayer
06-01-2006, 02:56 AM
It wasn't BBS related, which is good. I have a Xanga that I used to post on frequently that was called Ninth.

mrconeman
06-01-2006, 03:16 AM
I've been using this name for ages now. It's my E-mail adress and I use it just about everywhere else I register on the internet, so it seemed fitting.
I was looking for an avatar deliberatly trying to avoid using an Offspring one on here, and it just happened that I was in a white board conversation and someone drew this face, so I used it.

offspring fan
06-01-2006, 05:39 AM
i got the most original name on here.

Mr. Orange
06-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I put a lot of thought into my name. Mr. Orange is a character from Reservoir dogs who spends the whole movie slowly bleeding to death. It's a perfect metaphor for my life.

My avatar is all about simplicity

JoY
06-01-2006, 09:52 AM
troll-alert just went wild.

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I like how everyone suddenly feels the urge to explain their username to show that they are original.

JohnnyNemesis
06-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Speaking of unoriginality:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/effinyankee/welcomjnem.png

*sigh* Here we go!

Mr. Orange
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
yeah, I'm the king of originality, naming myself after a character in a movie that came out 15 years ago. I was actually just sort of joking. Even I don't think my name is original. But I thought explaining your name was sort of the whole point of this discussion.

T-6005
06-01-2006, 10:20 AM
My username has a reason for the way it is.

But I'm not telling any of you.

I have made you all Le Sad.

And found a user title for myself at the same time.

Paint_It_Black
06-01-2006, 10:36 AM
My username has a reason for the way it is.

I always thought of you as a Terminator.

T-6005
06-01-2006, 10:39 AM
I always thought of you as a Terminator.
I'll terminate your ass.

Oh, my - I don't know where that came from.

JohnnyNemesis
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Your loins *wink*

belen1979
06-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I like how everyone suddenly feels the urge to explain their username to show that they are original.

Does your name mean something? I mean, in some language or something. It's a cute name and it's just curiosity, so if it's personal or something like that don't worry! ;)

Anya82
06-01-2006, 10:58 AM
mine isn't very creative either... but i like short usernames.

i like mine, at least i don't think someone will copy it. 'cept for those annoying trolls we've seen sometimes.

JoY
06-01-2006, 11:00 AM
actually, I tried to explain & show I'm very unoriginal. ;P

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Does your name mean something? I mean, in some language or something. It's a cute name and it's just curiosity, so if it's personal or something like that don't worry! ;)

Tizz is a nickname I had for years, it doesn't mean anything (okay, actually it's Hanson-related, back from when I was a tiny little fangirl (kinda like I am now :p) in 1997) and Per (wheelchairman) always called me Tizzalicious, this was waaaay before we were dating by the way. I liked it, so when I signed up here again I decided to use it. (Then there was this thread about usernames a little while after we got the new board, and I explained this story, and Per was like: "Wow, I didn't think you remembered I called you that!" Haaaa. I did. Still waaaay before the whole dating thing.)

belen1979
06-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Okay! Thanks! I remember I once googled it to know if it meant something (if it was a real word) and it only showed up a lot of profiles that I supposed were yours. So, curiosity satisfied.

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Haha, hope you didn't find anything embarrassing :P

belen1979
06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Haha, nope, I think I didn't enter any of the pages. Don't remember anything, so don't worry =) I only remember entering the page you made. Btw, I have to go in again, as I remember you had made a top with a big t-shirt and I have one that I was thinking to throw away and it may be usefull. If I do it I'll post a photo in the photo album to show you, but I think I'll give it away in the first try... =D We'll see...

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 11:20 AM
You should do that! :)

killer_queen
06-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Yay for names related to a song name!
Yes! But Queen > Foo Fighters.

And welcome, offspring_dude! I'm sure you'll love us and have great time here. :)

0r4ng3
06-01-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah, I'm the king of originality, naming myself after a character in a movie that came out 15 years ago. I was actually just sort of joking. Even I don't think my name is original. But I thought explaining your name was sort of the whole point of this discussion.
I sense much confusion in the future.

Mr. Orange
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I sense much confusion in the future.

I don't think it'll be a problem. 0r4ng3 and Mr. Orange are different enough

0r4ng3
06-01-2006, 01:50 PM
That's true, but you shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of some people here.

Also, I used to have that exact same avatar at one point.

Mr. Orange
06-01-2006, 02:02 PM
That's true, but you shouldn't underestimate the stupidity of some people here.

Also, I used to have that exact same avatar at one point.
LOL good point. and i've actually been coming here as a guest for quite a while before i joined a couple days ago, so I'm already somewhat familiar with some of the people here. But as long as our avatars are different I can't imagine it causing too much confusion. And this is the only avatar i've ever had and i don't plan on changing it.

H1T_That
06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
if only i could change my screen name..

i would soooo be Offspring_pretty fly!!

but seriously, i think most people when joining a forum will choose something linked to the forum. It is very unoriginal, but i'd say its more to do with laziness and ease that people choose them.

P.S,

i also know my avatar is unoriginal, so no mocking me please.

Lizardus
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Tizz is a nickname I had for years, it doesn't mean anything (okay, actually it's Hanson-related, back from when I was a tiny little fangirl (kinda like I am now :p) in 1997) and Per (wheelchairman) always called me Tizzalicious, this was waaaay before we were dating by the way. I liked it, so when I signed up here again I decided to use it. (Then there was this thread about usernames a little while after we got the new board, and I explained this story, and Per was like: "Wow, I didn't think you remembered I called you that!" Haaaa. I did. Still waaaay before the whole dating thing.)
You two where meant for eachother.

Sinister
06-01-2006, 03:00 PM
You two where ment (?) for eachother.

meant.
and I'm not sure I entirely agree, but if they think they are, then they most likely are.

Llamas
06-01-2006, 07:16 PM
tizz and wcm are dating? did they know eachother in real life and both join the board together, or did they meet here?

Lizardus
06-01-2006, 09:50 PM
They met here, then in real life.

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 10:20 PM
We met here, then in real life, then starte dating.

WE ARE NOT A BBS COUPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you possibly have missed the fact that we are dating though? Wow. We tried to be all secretive about it the first few months, and even then people knew. Or they seemed to, because when we "came out" know one seemed very surprised.

And of course we are meant for each other, he's got the brains, I got the looks. We are the perfect combination.

Llamas
06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
We met here, then in real life, then starte dating.

WE ARE NOT A BBS COUPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you possibly have missed the fact that we are dating though? Wow. We tried to be all secretive about it the first few months, and even then people knew. Or they seemed to, because when we "came out" know one seemed very surprised.

And of course we are meant for each other, he's got the brains, I got the looks. We are the perfect combination.

*tee hee* bbs couples ;)

I missed it cause it's been very recently that I've actually started to post on the off-topic boards. how long have you been dating?

Tizzalicious
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Err...since July. Or October officially maybe. But let's say July.

Lizardus
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Seven and a half million years.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Since the Earth was a ball of molten lava. Even when the very crust of our planet was churning with red hot rock, and the seas were boiling and destructive, Per was making and anal joke and Tizz was donning the sad smiley.

Tizzalicious
06-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes, we've been together foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

Which, by the way, makes me very sad :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah, they were saying things like that.

Good god, it's early.

JohnnyNemesis
06-03-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm in like, five BBS couples, and three of 'em are with wimminz. lolz.

noodle654
06-03-2006, 08:59 PM
My name doesnt have anything to do with it, my sister made my SN Noodle, so I just added numbers and use it for everything.

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Yeah, but couldn't you have said to her, "Noodle? That's a crap nickname. TUNB might make a thread about it."?

noodle654
06-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah, but couldn't you have said to her, "Noodle? That's a crap nickname. TUNB might make a thread about it."?

Yes but she gave it to me when I was little, like age 5. So....yeah

Nineteen Seventy Nine
06-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I've also noticed that anyone who's had "Ignition" in their name, spelled it "Igniton"

No, that was just me and igniton/pyro. I made mine a favorite number and the avatar is the "R" in the Ramones' logo.