PDA

View Full Version : Do you change lightbulbs as soon as they blow out?

Sin Studly
06-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Or fumble around burning yourself with a cigarette lighter for fucking months?

Paint_It_Black
06-01-2006, 05:55 AM
No and no. I use a flashlight. Then every few months I buy a shitload of lightbulbs and change them all. Come to think of it, that's probably way they all seem to go out at once.

nieh
06-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Depends on the light. In my bathroom I have a row of four lights over the sink. A couple months ago, the far left one went out. Then the one just to the right of that a couple days later. Then the one after that a couple days later. But the one at the other end never went out so I didn't bother changing them for a couple weeks. If my "kitchen" light or "living room" light went out, I'd probably replace them pretty quick.

Andy
06-01-2006, 06:27 AM
If my bulbs are out, I use the television to illuminate my room at night. I only just got some new bulbs yesterday, after 4 months of relying on my TV.

That only applies to rooms that have a television, of course. For rooms such as the kitchen/bathroom I change asap.

What an interesting thread.

Iddy
06-01-2006, 06:30 AM
I change them if I have any spare... which is not often. At that point you call some nice neighbour and ask them to pick up some for ya because you can't find your doorkeys or your purse (convenient?) in the dark.

Or use a flashlight, but then theres the problem of batteries.

Sunny
06-01-2006, 06:54 AM
depends.

i have the same bathroom setup as nieh (a row of 4 lights over the mirror cabinet), so if one or two blow out, i don't really care. =p

my walk-in closet light blew out a while ago and i can't be bothered either.

but my kitchen light and my floorlamp (4 bulbs) would get changed immendiately. my cube lights.. i probably wouldn't bother til later.

Nina
06-01-2006, 07:13 AM
my walk-in closet

Now I know what I'll steal next.

Sunny
06-01-2006, 07:20 AM
teehee :P

it's already full. POUTS! needs clothing storage!

JoY
06-01-2006, 07:20 AM
I live in the dark a few weeks, untill I get sick of it & finally am forced to go to a store & buy a new one.

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 07:23 AM
I have a lot of lights, so I just leave it until I'm really really really bored. Or really really really procrastinating.

Rag Doll
06-01-2006, 07:49 AM
depends on the light. usually i change it pretty quickly after it happens (max one day), or else i end up falling/crashing into something and hurting myself.

ninthlayer
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
No, I find ways around it. If both the overhead light and the light above the sink in my kitchen blow out I'll just use the little light about the stove, which sucks at illuminating. When our lamp in the living room blows out (which takes a while because it has three bulbs in it) I use the hall light. Yes, I am lazy and semi-worthless.

Anya82
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
most of the times, yes.

fuck! i gotta change mine. Last night it died.

Preocupado
06-01-2006, 11:00 AM
If there's a backup lamp at home already... Right away. If not, maybe in a couple of years.

the_GoDdEsS
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
If it's a desk lamp, fuck no. But I don't have that any more. I'd never change the lighbulb so I put it in a different room.

And the light in my room. Well, depends. If I don't need it, I'll just light a candle. But change it myself the next day anyway.

T-6005
06-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I change lights several hours after someone tells me that they need it right away.

I realize that this sounds like a lame attempt at humor - it's not. It's the simple truth. I'll agree that the light needs changing but never get around unless someone gets annoyed at me about it.

Jakebert
06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Like everyone else, it depends. Some rooms in my house are fairly well-lit or have a TV so it doesn't matter. The bulbs in the basement just stay out until someone needs to go down there.