PDA

View Full Version : Your own time?

HornyPope
06-01-2006, 09:16 PM
How often do you daydream on your own? Like wandering off in your mind as you lay in bed, or take a walk, or sit on your balcony or whatever.

And how important is this to your spirit? Would you be able to go days at a time without day dreaming?

0r4ng3
06-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I daydream a lot, even when I shouldn't. In context with my "spirit", I don't think I'd go for very long without daydreaming. But, it's not something I can control, anyway.

HornyPope
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
It's something you slowely learn to place lower on your list of priorities. And don't get around to it often enough.

Tired_Of_You
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
I daydream all the time. When I try to sleep, when I should listen to someone, when I'm working, when I'm walking, when I'm doing anything, my mind wander somewhere and I get lost. All the time. Someone can talk to me right in my face and I won't hear & see them. Like Orange, I can't really control it as I daydream like 18 hours on 24 (I sometimes sleep). I daydream in my dreams. Sometimes i think I should do something about it, but what? what can I do? It doesn't really create any problems, but people being frustrated at me or me not understanding stuff at school because I've been daydreaming for an hour. I'm good at school anyway. This post made me stop daydreaming for about 3 minutes. Thank you pope.

HornyPope
06-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Heh. I used to day dream a ton. When I was in Dawson cegep, I used to skip classes and either go on the mountain or to angrinon park. I would just walk in the nature and it was beautiful.

Mr. Noodles
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I daydream all the time. When I listen to music, after I wake up, after I get home from school, when I rest my eyes. Whenever I can, I tend to daydream.

Ultima94
06-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Are sex fantises daydreams?

All About Eve
06-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I daydream quite often. I'm very good at thinking of multiple things at once, and I don't like talking very much, so I often daydream when in groups and just put a little concentration towards paying attention and contributing once in a while. Daydreaming things like a book I might write or how I would do a certain task help me get to sleep sometimes. I can pretty much daydream about anything, and I often use it to pass time I'd otherwise be bored during. Fortunately, I can manage it so that I don't let it interfere too much.

As for the spirit thing, I might be able to, but I'd be much worse off, as it allows me to get my thoughts in order, take my mind off stress, etc.

Tired_Of_You
06-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Heh. I used to day dream a ton. When I was in Dawson cegep, I used to skip classes and either go on the mountain or to angrinon park. I would just walk in the nature and it was beautiful.Haha.I was going to ask where that cegep it but I guess it's near of angrignon. It's an English college I think? Anyway, I have more than half an hour every morning and afternoon to daydream when I go to cegep or work. I have to walk all the time to go where I want. I try to daydream as much as I can there, so I don't feel the urge to do it too much during class. Why do you say you used to daydream? You stopped because you wanted to? Caused any problems, haha? Or you just kinda stopped... for no reason? I don't know how I could stop, since it's not something I control.

Another thing about me, I analyse too much.

Tizzalicious
06-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I have enough time to do that. I don't have a lot of things I need to do, so I sit around and do nothing but think a lot. Too much I guess.

T-6005
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
I need to be alone, whether to think or daydream or just to have some solitude, each day.

However, as long summers alone have taught me, I'd rather be surrounded by people and have to escape then actually be alone.

Summer is so god damned boring.

Izie
06-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Summer is so god damned boring.

w0rd. I hate not having a million things to do, yet I'm highly unmotivated to FIND things to do. Thank God for at leas this French class :/

And I definitely daydream when:
-trying to get to sleep
-trying to rest or relax in any form
-walking anywhere alone
-trying to prevent a panic attack
-trying to fight a panic attack
-generally bored
-generally inspired

So yes, I do it a lot. And since it usually involves the pre-sleep time, I don't need a lot of "alone" time to do it during the day. If I find some, great. If not, no big deal. But I most likely couldn't function very well without it. The human brain is such a fascinating thing.

Vera
06-02-2006, 12:58 AM
I daydream whenever I try to catch some sleep, too. Or at work, with nothing better to do.

Betty
06-02-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't think I do it that much actually...

Either that or I don't notice, and if I don't notice, does that mean I don't remember?

When I go to sleep, sure I think, but generally about stupid pointless stuff. What I have to do the next day, etc.

Sometimes I'll daydream, and just sit staring at a wall, but that's fairly rare. "Daydreaming" would consist of imagining scenarios in my mind; sometimes I rehearse past or future conversations in my head, sometimes I daydream about cute boys I like, generally stupid stuff.

The last time I actually remember sitting and THINKING about serious stuff was when I was reading an awesome book and would pause to think about it for 30-45 min. just right in the middle. I wish I did that more often.

Preocupado
06-02-2006, 03:27 AM
I let the dreaming flow completely free when i'm reading or watching fiction.
It doesn't work for sleeping, though. Getting to sleep demands me discipline.

Nina
06-02-2006, 03:29 AM
I daydream very, very much. It is quite embarrassing to me, so I try to not talk about it in real life. A lot of people ask me what I am thinking in that very moment.
I sometimes wish I didnt daydream. I fear it might take over my life. That might sound extremly dumb and/or unbelievable, but it isnt to me. It's a valid fear to me.

pyromaniac
06-02-2006, 06:31 AM
I daydream alot, usually at the worst times,too.

Andy
06-02-2006, 06:38 AM
I daydream all the time. My life is one big fantasty.

JoY
06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
daydream-forum whooha!

my daydreaming kind of grew on me. maybe because now I've got more grip on it. no matter what people say, I don't really control it, though. I probably never will & never can, though it's going a lot better.

it gets better when I eat enough fruit & veggies, take fish-oil pills & my medication. but once I forget either one of them, everything goes wrong again. I fall into daydreams all the time, I have tons of nightmares, I talk in my sleep, I forget even more of the things I should do (like, when I forget to eat fruit, I forget my medicine, and so on), I come late everywhere, I get stressed out & tired, sometimes even on the verge of depressed/a burn out, my dayrhythm gets fucked up, my room gets so messy you see fungus growing & feasting on the walls....

sometimes people call my name & I just won't hear it, because for some reason I'm not mentally in the same room with them. people used to find it creepy & annoying. like they would say I didn't want to hear them, especially when it was about something I had to do. & there are MANY times, when I'll react like I've heard it (also in my sleep) & the next second I won't even know you were talking. I often thank friends, mostly my boyfriend for putting up with me - I can be impossible. the ones that know me well can laugh about it & I've learned to do the same.

I need to be superalert to keep everything structured. so no daydreaming for me. :/ I have to consciously think every time I put something away where I put it & when I'll need it again. I literally lose everything & not just my own stuff. it's just.. arghh. on the other hand, I've learned to look & find real well. when there's money/jewels/whatever lying around, I find it. if anyone often visits the police to drop of something for the lost&found, it's me.

no_way
06-02-2006, 07:45 AM
I daydream all the time. When I try to sleep, when I should listen to someone, when I'm working, when I'm walking, when I'm doing anything, my mind wander somewhere and I get lost. All the time. Someone can talk to me right in my face and I won't hear & see them. Like Orange, I can't really control it as I daydream like 18 hours on 24 (I sometimes sleep). I daydream in my dreams. Sometimes i think I should do something about it, but what? what can I do? It doesn't really create any problems, but people being frustrated at me or me not understanding stuff at school because I've been daydreaming for an hour. I'm good at school anyway. This post made me stop daydreaming for about 3 minutes. Thank you pope.

I'm the same. Though I'm good at school for the simple reason that they rarely give us homework, and I sometimes worry about it, but no one complains, and hell it's fine this way

TheHulaChick
06-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Hmm define "daydream" cause I don't think I do, at all. But I *think* constantly. My mind does not wander, expand and create. But I'm constantly thinking about things that have happened or will probably happen, going over them, analyzing them, hoping for the best, fearing for the worst. And usually my thoughts are negative and insecure, but I can't stop thinking about them, it's quite depressing really.

HornyPope
06-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Haha.I was going to ask where that cegep it but I guess it's near of angrignon. It's an English college I think?

Nah, it's on the Atwater metro. Has a tunnel to the cegep directly even. Angrignon is 7-8 stops westeward but I didn't mind making the travel since it was all part of that routine.

Why do you say you used to daydream? You stopped because you wanted to? Caused any problems, haha? Or you just kinda stopped... for no reason? I don't know how I could stop, since it's not something I control.

It's something that you just start finding less time for. On my part, I started having more responsabilities so I can't afford the two hours anymore to lay on a bed and day dream. At least nowhere as often as I used to. Not because omg im so busy and entierly out of time, but because there is always somethign else on my mind that I deem more important. And I feel guilty if I just daydream this time away and don't do anything more productive.
It's awful.

Kerr
06-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Being young, I guess I have a lot of time to do so. And I do. With embarrassing effects, for example, daydreaming about a certain scenario I'd find funny, and realising I am sitting in any random place with a big cheesy grin on my face. I try not to do it at certain times like during tests or at work since I can't really daydream and work at the same time. Basically, I just lose any concentration in whatever I am doing if I start daydreaming at all. What I daydream about varies - mostly funny things or possible conversations I might have with some people.

wheelchairman
06-02-2006, 02:03 PM
I never really spent a lot of time at once day dreaming. While walking is when I day dream most. Sometimes it's so vivid I'll start conversing with my daydreams, and doing actions that I am daydreaming about.

the_GoDdEsS
06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Usually on the bus while travelling home, to take my mind off every day bullshit.

HornyPope
06-02-2006, 02:17 PM
While walking is when I day dream most. Sometimes it's so vivid I'll start conversing with my daydreams, and doing actions that I am daydreaming about.

Usually on the bus while travelling home, to take my mind off every day bullshit.

That's me on both. But now I barely walk or take the bus anymore and the loss of those two major sources hurts me a lot.
I like to walk around in the nights sometimes, but it's not nowhere nearly as often as it once used to be (in buses/walking).

wheelchairman
06-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I used to take walks at night too. While listening to music. It was very liberating. Stopped doing that, mostly out of laziness.

HornyPope
06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah that's the problem. It's not fun when it's "forced" anymore. Like when you feel lazy to go out and do it.

coke_a_holic
06-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I daydream on the bus to school, the majority of my time in school, and various points outside of school. It creeps people out because my eyes get really wide and I just stare off into space, sometimes while there are people in my line of "vision." Sometimes when it's really early, I imagine really normal day dreams that could plausibly happen, causing me to think that I actually carried out what I was thinking. It gets really confusing because I think that I did something but actually didn't. Yeah.

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Is it possible to daydream during the night?

Well, anyway, I donít daydream all that often, because I have better things to do, like play Magic, or go hang with my friends, but when I do, I usually dream about being in a fantasy world with elves and dwarves with massive castles and mines and stuff. World of Warcraft basically. Except I donít play that game.

Sinister
06-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Is it possible to daydream during the night?
I'd think it is, if you're awake.

Personally I love daydreaming, but I've got little to no time to spend on it.

Rocky-girl
06-06-2006, 04:47 AM
When I was studying in school I have a lot of free time for walking for dreaming(not sleeping) for sitting near my computer and chat here. But now I have a little time for all and very often I must chose what I want more to walk to chat or to sleep. That makes me sad and makes me week.:(

killer_queen
06-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Daydreaming is one of the things I hate but always do. In fact I don't call it daydreaming, it's kind of thinking. Especially after watching a movie or reading a book which impresses me a lot I go out and think about it. I rarely be alone in the house so I can't have my own time if I'm home.