PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about "True Love"

no_way
06-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Love… There are many different kinds of love, this time I’ll talk about the most important. The person you want to spend your life with. The kind of love that some ones dare calling “True love”.
So, we are all different. We all have different qualities that makes us who we are. And that’s how people can complete their selves with other people. Those differences also have caused, cause and will keep on causing disasters, from a little fight to the World Wars we had to suffer. But if between two people, differences are extreme, that’s when they are truly and deeply MEANT for each other.
In my opinion, there is only one person in the world, that was meant to be with the other one, how to find it? It can be more difficult than you think, the very most of the times even impossible. But that’s not something you should worry about, because unless you find the perfect person to complete you, you usually end up finding someone who can be close to that person. You might have discussions, disagreements, but that’s because it must happen when people are not 100% compatible. They usually end up fixing those disagreements, and call their selves “happy”. Are they completely happy? No one will ever know, not even them.
But you don’t have to confuse the essence of one person with destiny. Maybe a person born in South Africa can be meant to another person born in the suburbs of Los Angeles. They will obviously have extreme differences, but some of them have nothing to do with personality, but culture.
In conclusion, people can always fall in love with a person who is not entirely compatible, but if they are different (which is for sure because, as I said before, we’re all different), they eventually take advantage of their differences, completing each other as much as they can. True Love? Don’t even think about it.

JoY
06-02-2006, 07:52 AM
you're using big terms here. it's a dangerous field. & also this was one of the cutest posts I've ever seen. I won't offend you by calling you naive - it's a fantastic quality, if you can combine it with certain knowledge through experience, and so on.

if there would be one person out there for me.. oh my, that's a depressing thought. because would he even live in the same country, or is he on the other side of the planet, & will I never meet him? seeing the size of my country, the chance I'd ever encounter Him is superdupersmall.

I think it depends on how people develop, on how they grow. & when two people meet, get together and the whole bunch, they develop differently, than if they would've stayed single. they grow towards each other, learn to understand each other.. & at the same time themselves through criticism, discussions, arguments, but also compliments, loving..

when you're close to each other, spend a lot of time with each other, you notice a lot of things you like about each other & yourself, but also things you don't like. you learn to deal with them, improve yourself & the other. & when a relationship is good (because, seriously, what's perfection?), both parties in it will grow stronger, wiser & happier. (because, seriously, what's true happiness?)

I would never want anyone to "complete" me. I should be able to handle the planet on my own too. if I'd need someone to "complete" me, because somehow I lack qualities necessary to go through life on my own, I'd rather shoot myself. I'm completely different than my boyfriend; I'm hyper, bouncy, chaotic.. he's mostly calm & structured. & yes, that's a great combination of qualities, but he shouldn't ever depend on me & the same goes the other way around. I feel like it'd be unhealthy if either one of us fully depended on the other.

no_way
06-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Well, with "complete" I mean what you sort of have with your boyfriend, JoY. If there's for example two nervious and desperate people going through a bad time, well that wouldn't be a stable couple. It doesn't mean that you have to be near the other person all the time, but that you can find the part on you that's missing.

JoY
06-02-2006, 08:21 AM
with my theory it sounds like I've settled for "happier" now I'm with my boyfriend & won't look if I could be even much more happy with someone else. but we grew towards each other. we can miss each other, but we choose not to, because we're awesome together. & feel happy, whatever that is. wow, I sound so incredibly mushy.. *hides face*

but I will never accept that "when2become1"-bullshit. my god. one & one will always make two & when two get along so well & love each other so much, they apparently want to spend their lives together, fine. but they don't suddenly become fucking siamese.

we all miss certain qualities. I just wish I could be as structured as he is & he wishes he could be as outgoing as I am. but on the other hand, we don't wish we could be more the same at all, because this way we have things to admire in each other & we can learn. it's perfect the way it is.

JohnnyNemesis
06-02-2006, 08:58 AM
www.livejournal.com

...just kidding! You didn't think I was THAT mean, did you?

Actually, I am that mean, but I won't be this time.

Truth is, there's so much to say about love that I find it rather overwhelming. One thing my ex-gf and I always said about love is that, in its most basic form, love is supporting the spiritual (not religious) growth of your partner. What I mean is that to love is to want pure happiness through positive experiences and positive growth for your partner, yourself, and the two of you as a unit. Those three are independent, but cross each other and become a unit at times.

And, as Sean once said many ages ago, love can be any strong feeling of conviction for a person, thing, ideas, etc.

Nina
06-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Why cant you at least structure your text? Then maybe more people would read it. Just a thought.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I couldn't find much meaning in that. Buut, my opinion is that "the one" does not excist. There are looooads of people you can be happy with.

no_way
06-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I couldn't find much meaning in that. Buut, my opinion is that "the one" does not excist. There are looooads of people you can be happy with.

Of course you can be happy, with lots of people, but only in happy times, when you're going through hard times, people you spend happy times with, might not be there, or might not be the best to help you. And that's just an insignificant example of true love.

Apathy
06-02-2006, 06:34 PM
How did you come to believe that there was one person for everyone? What if there's two? Or three?

Most discussions on love are just guesses, and there's no reliable way to prove any of it.

Thomas
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I have to agree with Apathy here. There are 6 billion people in this world of ours, and there has to be at least more than one person that's compatible with you. Then again, another factor of compatibility is location. Obviously, if one person lives in Cambodia and the other in New York, there is going to be some major setbacks like that.

Another thing I would like to add is that people don't have to be the same to be compatible. My uncle and his wife couldn't be more different from each other, but it is clear that they are very much in love and meant for each other. Also, my girlfriend is very loud, outgoing, and, well, I guess more "sexually driven" than I am. I am very quiet and such, but I love her very much. I know that chances are that I won't spend the rest of my life with her, at least as a married couple, but I do love her very much. Who know? Maybe we will spend the rest of our lives together. I have never heard of it happening before, but there is always a first for everything...

Yeah, don't yell at me for acting naive. I just don't like to think about ending this relationship...

Paint_It_Black
06-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Just a thought.

That's a good thought. If the original post was structured well I might have actually read it. Though I probably still wouldn't have.

Tired_Of_You
06-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, don't yell at me for acting naive. I just don't like to think about ending this relationship...One of my friends has been with her boyfriend for 4 years and it seems perfect. My neighbour met his his wife when he was in high school. It doesn't happen too often, but you never know.

Thomas
06-02-2006, 10:27 PM
One of my friends has been with her boyfriend for 4 years and it seems perfect. My neighbour met his his wife when he was in high school. It doesn't happen too often, but you never know.

^_^

Thanks!

no_way
06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
There are 6 billion people in this world of ours, and there has to be at least more than one person that's compatible with you.

I think you're confusing life-time with eternity. And another thought of mine is that people can last toghether a certaint cuantity of time. Of course you can spend all your life with a lot of people in this world, but eternity is forever. It's a really deep thought, you have to open your mind, but I'm still with my opinion. There IS one person, but so what if we don't find him/her? Have for sure that we will not find him/her, but the "love of your life" for you, is someone you're gonna spend only this life with, and that's 70 years max, nothing compared with eternity.

BREAK
06-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, that was mostly gibberish. Stop posting.

wheelchairman
06-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Next time there is a topic like this. I will just quote Danko Jones.

BREAK
06-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I hate it when you use. Abrupt full stops in your posts. Your rampant and inappropriate use of. Periods before you complete a full sentence really ticks. Me off.

Other than that, you're swell. Keep up the good work.

Tizzalicious
06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Per is an idiot, he also likes fucking up his interpunction to piss me off. I'm sure that was just him being stupid though.

wheelchairman
06-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I worked today. Megatired. :(

Nina
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
OH I'm not the only one to notice! Oh the joy, the joy.
MWHAHA.

ninthlayer
06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh great, tips on love from a fifteen year old spic. Yeah, that's valid.

killer_queen
06-03-2006, 01:48 PM
I didn't read the first post because I believe that no way never says something which makes sense and it would be a huge waste of time while I'm busy with studying and all but I just want to say that I've always thought "true love" is just a thing which was made up by a group of losers, who need someone to love them until they die, to console themselves.

Sunny
06-03-2006, 02:01 PM
I guess my reading comprehension skills suck, because I didn't get much out of your post.

pew pew. =/

i wouldn't say romantic love is the most important, though, i don't think anyone can arrange them in order of importance..

True Love? Don’t even think about it.

i don't get it. why? what makes love "true" or not?

Rocky-girl
06-06-2006, 05:00 AM
True love??? I'll never say that tis is unreal, yes this is very rare thing but it is. What is it? Everybody understand it differently. And I think that to find it is one of the best things in the world. But I suppose that it'll be very bad to lose it. I don't like to talk about love because when I talk about it all me dreams crush.