PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts.....are they real?

GD1989
06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
I was just seeing if people have the same thoughts as I do. Are ghosts real? or are they just figments of our imagination?

This one time I was taking random pictures with my digital camera.....i was looking at the pictures....i saw a figure....not human like....like a deformed shape.....i took a picture of the same spot....it was gone.....anyone have any ideas on what it could have been?

the_GoDdEsS
06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
To help (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21439&highlight=ghosts) you (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17840&highlight=ghosts) a little.

And there were more.

Sin Studly
06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
They're all too real, and I'm not going into it because thinking about them brings them back.

Andy
06-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I can't wait to be a ghost. Lost souls ftw.

lost_nvrfound
06-02-2006, 12:40 PM
there was this old lady who haunted the apartment i lived in when i was 6 - 9 years old. i'd see her at night when i'd be up reading. fuck! i was a weird kid. i read more then than i do now

Radi0_havana52
06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
i think there real but i have nothing to back me up. when i was in saskatoon i stayed in a trailer where things would just fly across the room with out any force

Placebo14
06-02-2006, 06:45 PM
No, I do not thnik they're real.
Just another piece of crap thats never been proven.

Paint_It_Black
06-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Just another piece of crap thats never been proven.

You shouldn't completely dismiss something just because it hasn't been proven. Everything we know today was at one time not proven.

0r4ng3
06-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Ghosts? Never happened.

Paint_It_Black
06-02-2006, 07:50 PM
That getting old? Never happened.

Sorry Jesse. You're still the funniest fruit I know.

0r4ng3
06-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Please don't use the phrase "funniest fruit". It's misleading.

Twinkle
06-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Ghosts? I believe spirits are real, and that all humans and animals have them. When they die, I believe they go to heaven or hell, but there is the possibility of those with unsettled issues staying behind. I don't think they stay to haunt though, and I essentially don't believe in ghosts. We're taught by irrational fear that ghosts are real, and live in our closets, the dark, or underneath out beds. All the belief of ghosts is routed in that irrational fear, even though they aren't real. Just figments of our imaginations. We link the dark, or a house with a haunted story, to ghosts, so isn't it possible that its our minds telling us that "something" moved? I'd say yes, so all those first person accounts could merely be people trying to prove something to themselves through the link of what you've been taught to fear and your mind.

HeadAroundU
06-02-2006, 07:56 PM
You are the funniest 16 years old boy I have ever seen. Is it any better?

Paint_It_Black
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Please don't use the phrase "funniest fruit". It's misleading.

Yeah, I was reasonably proud of it.

0r4ng3
06-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Actually, it's not so bad.

and HAU, that would be better, if it were true. My birthday was about a month ago.

Paint_It_Black
06-02-2006, 08:05 PM
You are the funniest 16 years old boy I have ever seen.

Have you never seen retarded kids then?

Subsidal
06-03-2006, 04:28 AM
Once I photographed the reflection (window) of a class mate in a train. He was the only one you could see in the window but the picture shows a second figure

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/Lunachick/Various/Engel.jpg

Placebo14
06-03-2006, 06:27 PM
You shouldn't completely dismiss something just because it hasn't been proven. Everything we know today was at one time not proven.

Im not completely dissmissing it.
Im just saying they're not real until they're proven.

Prahv, Spires of Order
06-03-2006, 07:19 PM
http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/features/326_1qwe.jpg
Of course ghosts exist! Theres a whole City of ghosts!

Bloodstains
06-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Whether something is proven or not doesn't mean it's not real... if something's not proven, it only means there's as much a chance that it could be real as there is a chance that it's not. It's alway's a 50/50 thing, you never know anything for a fact. You can say you don't BELIEVE it's real until it's proven, that's perfectly liable. But to say that something just plain isn't real and doesn't exist until it's proven is ridiculous.

And to answer the initial question, yes I believe in ghosts. All of my viewpoints are found right here:
http://vampirefreaks.com/journal_comment.php?entry=2507645

pyromaniac
06-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I believe ghosts are replay's of past event's,
like a physical flashback.

the_GoDdEsS
06-03-2006, 11:49 PM
How would you come up with that theory? Too weird.

Mota Boy
06-04-2006, 01:32 AM
My own personal ghost story - a while back when I was in D.C. for the summer staying in an old hotel that had been converted into a dorm, my roommates and I got smashed and headed out on a drunken monument tour. As we got into the elevator and I went to press the "lobby" button, it lit up before my finger could touch it. We all stared at each other, then ended up jumping over fences, wading through reflecting pools and kowtowing to Lincoln. As we came back, into the deserted lobby at five-ish, the same elevator opened up to greet us, completely empty.

Cool, and I can't explain it. I like to think a ghost was involved, because it makes life a bit more fun. Either that or I have magical psychic powers that only manifest themselves after I down large quantities of tequila. That's a fun thought too.

JohnnyNemesis
06-04-2006, 09:40 AM

Proven by whom? Are you just trusting certain kinds of authority on this, or are you going to trust your own experience?